GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, ChiTown, 1 invisible), 360 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,068
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,368
Posts1,059,475
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255948
08/12/05 02:22 PM
08/12/05 02:22 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline OP
MaryCas  Offline OP

South of the Pinelands
T.O. was asked to leave camp because of a dispute with the coach. The guy is a fantastic talent, but is he a disruptive force and a distraction? Some team will always want a player of his talents, but what is the price. Do you win with guys like that?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255949
08/12/05 02:26 PM
08/12/05 02:26 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
They went pretty far last year with the guy.

And there are many teams -- in all sports -- who have gone far despite disruptive influences in the clubhouse.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255950
08/12/05 03:47 PM
08/12/05 03:47 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Philly got to the NFC Championship 3 years in a row without him. In fact, they made it to the Super Bowl (post season) without TO last year to make it 4 years running. If Philly doesn't go the Conf Championship this year, it won't be b/c of TO. It'll be a) the difficulty in getting there for a 5th year, 2) age, 3) other teams getting better.

He's a helluva talent, but a complete a-hole and is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with sports. He's out of touch with reality and only cares about himself. Had he not been blessed with athletic skills, this guy obviously doesn't have the brains to even ask "Do you want fries with that?"

What I hate about TO is that he thinks the rules don't apply to him. He forced the Niners hand in trading him when his previous agent missed the free agent cutoff. Then he gets traded to Baltimore and refuses to go. Which then precipitated his trade to Philly, where he claims to have been "forced" to sign a 7 year $49 mil deal. And now, like a typical unappreciative, me-first athlete, he says he won't honor the contract and wants more money. :rolleyes: In any other line of work besides professional sports, people get sued for not honoring contracts. With these spoiled athletes, they have no recourse or get their way.

Fuck you, TO. I'm paying $2.54 for a gallon of gas and I didn't even get a cost of living raise this year. You earned $7 million for playing a sport in which you had to show up for 12 games and got to watch the last 4 from the bench. Go shove your head even further into your ass, if there's any room left.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255951
08/12/05 04:04 PM
08/12/05 04:04 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline OP
MaryCas  Offline OP

South of the Pinelands
A little venting goom?

Ditto. Well said. Wouldn't you like to see T.O. refuse to play because his contract dispute AND then he demands a release from the Eagles. THEN, the Eagles grant him his release and all the owner conspire not to sign him. He sits out a year and the only contract he can get is playing for the Ottowa Whoevers for $750,000 a year.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255952
08/12/05 04:25 PM
08/12/05 04:25 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
A little venting goom?

Ditto. Well said. Wouldn't you like to see T.O. refuse to play because his contract dispute AND then he demands a release from the Eagles. THEN, the Eagles grant him his release and all the owner conspire not to sign him. He sits out a year and the only contract he can get is playing for the Ottowa Whoevers for $750,000 a year.
It sounds good, but he'd end up suing the NFL claiming discrimination or some other b.s. things. If he gets $750k anywhere, it's $749,999.99 too much.

As much as I hate him, he was my most consistent fantasy player last year and helped carry me to the title. I think he owes me some of that $49 million for drafting him.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255953
08/12/05 06:41 PM
08/12/05 06:41 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

No one has mentioned it yet but I'm sure we all agree that Philly are doing the right things here and I know, myself, that they're doing the right thing. I understand TO's point completely, when he's done the things he's done and is not within the payment of the top ten recievers he's bound to be a little disgruntled. I'm not saying he should be paid more, jesus he already earns more in a day than I do in a year but I get his position.

But it's his attitude I hate. He was on PTI yesterday and claimed, after the head coach told him to shut up, he told Andy Reid to shut up - because, apparantly, Mr TO is a 'grown man'. His words. I've never heard anything so childish and can imagine his next words being: "No you shut up", "He started it" etc...

And the whole mess is a complete shame because I honestly thought his baggage was worth it based on last season. I actually thought he was growing up. Whilst he's never been one for training camp he became such a professional and a real athlete during his rehab for the superbowl. He really looks after himself and remains at the top of his game. I loved the spat that he had at McNabb on the sidelines. I enjoyed the spoof of the two reversing their roles more. But I never expected any of this.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255954
08/13/05 11:53 AM
08/13/05 11:53 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Allow me to be the first to donate to both the "Feed TO Fund" and the "Turn on the Electricity in TO's Mansion Fund" so that he can avoid living in poverty and go on welfare because the cruel, neoconservative Philadelphia Eagles are stealing the bread from his mouth and, in a blackface farce, instituting Owens into a mock slavery by his working for nothing.

[/sarcasm]

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255955
08/15/05 11:11 PM
08/15/05 11:11 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
T.O. is an A**HOLE(with capitol letters to emphasize it) I think one reason he's doing this is to feed his ego, which as it stands right now is so large it wouldn't even fit in the state of Alaska.

If he had one or two years left on his current contract I might be able to see his side, but not after playing only one year on a seven year contract.

Course not all the blame can fall on him some of it also falls on his agent he's also an A**hole. Everytime they give a statement his agent makes himself look more & more stupid, and T.O. more & more selfish.

What he said to the offensive cordinator(forget the guys name at the moment) is complete bullsh*t you never say that to a coach whether it's the head coach or an assistant. He stated and I quote-"You don't talk to me, unless I talk to you first"

Oh to correct what Turi stated earlier. T.O. is one of the 10 highest paid receivers. I was watching an episode of NFL live and they stated that fact. So basically T.O. is telling a big fat lie when he says he's not.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255956
08/15/05 11:24 PM
08/15/05 11:24 PM
NY Johnny Offline
Wiseguy
NY Johnny  Offline
Wiseguy
T.O. being propped up and moved by his agent and the devil himself Drew Rosenhaus.

Rosenhaus is whats wrong with the NFL today, and I'm glad the Eagles aren't letting themselves get blackmailed.

Rosenhaus tried it with Javon Walker in Green Bay but that didn't work out like TO when Walker showed up to camp and decided to bite the bullet and play.

I am glad the Eagles aren't going to budge one bit for this clown, who pleaded last year and caused a stink just to get to Philly, now he made his bed and doesn't want to sleep in it...tough luck T.O.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255957
08/15/05 11:45 PM
08/15/05 11:45 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:

Course not all the blame can fall on him some of it also falls on his agent he's also an A**hole. Everytime they give a statement his agent makes himself look more & more stupid, and T.O. more & more selfish.
Which sucks, because I know of two Bills (Willis McGahee and Roscoe Parrish) who both employ him as their agents. God, if Willis holds out, we're screwed.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255958
08/16/05 05:27 AM
08/16/05 05:27 AM
National City, CA
Caporegime Offline
Capo
Caporegime  Offline
Capo
National City, CA
I agree with all of the above posts, especially the one by Goombah. T.O. knew what he was getting into when he signed that contract last year. I don't care if he didn't make that so-called "Top Ten" list. Anyone who is making an average of $7 million a year should not be unhappy with any part of the deal. He did not outperform his contract at all in my opinion. He got the big bucks, and put up the big numbers, which seems like an even trade to me. And you're right Goombah, he shouldn't have been allowed to move out of SF in the first place.

I really like the way Donovan McNabb has handled the situation in the light of this soap opera. He is a man of true class. The Eagles should continue to stand pat and concentrate on the upcoming season, whether it be with T.O. on the field or not.

Sal: "Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times' sake?"
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255959
08/16/05 08:10 AM
08/16/05 08:10 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I'm so sick of T.O. it's not funny. Poor little rich dude. Give me that $3.5 Million. I'll figure out something to do with it. If I told my boss not to speak to me unless I speak to him I'd be fired on the spot. I don't know why professional athletes feel they can put their name on the dotted line then want to renegotiate when they fell they're worth more. I think I'm underpaid, but I can't go back to my boss and ask for money right after I got a raise. He'd show me the door.

Unfortunately, with the piss poor way The Eagles played last night I think T.O. is smirking and laughing right now. The PTB are probably ready to give him what he wants now. That just pisses me off.

Oh, and Nicolette Sheridan needs glasses if she thinks T.O. is one handsome man. I think he's a freakshow.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255960
08/16/05 08:36 PM
08/16/05 08:36 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by The Iceman:
[b]
Which sucks, because I know of two Bills (Willis McGahee and Roscoe Parrish) who both employ him as their agents. God, if Willis holds out, we're screwed. [/b][/quote]I always thought and still think that Rosenhaus is the best agent in the NFL. Possibly all of sports. But he lost alot of points in my book for this circus with the stupid little kid.

You can't say Rosenhaus is the blame for what's wrong with the NFL. Sure, agents in general are a part of it. But EVERY SINGLE person in Sports in GENERAL are WAY overpayed.

You can't seriously tell me, who's parents make slightly less COMBINED (in a year) than what T.O. makes in a practice, that T.O. or A-Rod or Ronnie Brown are worth millions and millions. Why are athletes, who realistically don't matter in the community, so criminally OVER-paid? And teachers, who actually matter, are so criminally UNDER-paid?

Speaking as an avid sports fan, of course. [/ramble]

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255961
08/16/05 10:48 PM
08/16/05 10:48 PM
NY Johnny Offline
Wiseguy
NY Johnny  Offline
Wiseguy
Well, tommorow should be interesting to see if T.O. reports back to the training camp...as of now i haven't heard that he has or hasn't yet, but it should be interesting to see after the tirade he had last week.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255962
08/17/05 07:29 AM
08/17/05 07:29 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:

Oh to correct what Turi stated earlier. T.O. is one of the 10 highest paid receivers. I was watching an episode of NFL live and they stated that fact. So basically T.O. is telling a big fat lie when he says he's not.
I wasn't surprised to be wrong here so I looked into it more. The cap and salaries are complicated and I'm by no means an expert. I'm also not sure how reputable my source is (USAtoday.com) but based on the total salary TO is the 2nd highest paid receiver in the league. But that's mostly bonuses. Based on his base salary, which as far as I understand is his guaranteed money, he is way way down on the list: http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/...er=BaseSalary+d esc

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255963
08/17/05 11:14 AM
08/17/05 11:14 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Andrew:
QUOTE]I always thought and still think that Rosenhaus is the best agent in the NFL. Possibly all of sports. But he lost alot of points in my book for this circus with the stupid little kid.

[/QB]
And speaking of agents, check this out for a good laugh - you need sound to fully appreciate:

Bye Bye Birdie

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255964
08/17/05 09:56 PM
08/17/05 09:56 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I'm an Eagles fan and I'm a Terrell Owens fan. The Eagles should give TO the money. I think that he deserves to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL. You can't argue with that.

I really don't care what Owens does off the field, as long as he has another great year on the field. TO is a showman. Of course I think that some of his antics are silly, but it doesn't make me hate him.

And please don't think that all Eagles fans now hate TO, as SportsCenter would lead you to believe. A lot do, but a lot don't.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255965
08/17/05 10:01 PM
08/17/05 10:01 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
I really don't care what Owens does off the field, as long as he has another great year on the field. TO is a showman. Of course I think that some of his antics are silly, but it doesn't make me hate him.
So you don't care that he constantly dis-respects his Quarterback, his Coach, and rips his team every day?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255966
08/19/05 12:54 AM
08/19/05 12:54 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
As long as he plays well and the team wins, I don't see a problem. I don't care who likes who. To quote Al Davis, "Just Win Baby!".

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255967
08/19/05 02:48 AM
08/19/05 02:48 AM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
1) Let him sit. If you don't report, you don't get paid. Let him sit. But now his agent will claim that he tried to report to camp (his little "independent" workout and subsequent dog and pony show for the media) but he was dismissed by Reid.

2) Drewell Rosenowens negotiated/signed a seven year/49 million dollar contract. Unfortunately, the length of the contract is no longer meaningful...it's just a way for the teams to budget the money...and the player/agent only looks at the gross dollar amount and the guaranteed money. Someone else got more money after you? Too bad...live with your deal.

At least one front-line receiver will become available before the start of the regular season. It may not be someone of TO's caliber, but the Eagles can fill the position with a good player.

Similar attitude towards the Cedric Benson holdout. The Bears have made a realistic offer. If he doesn't accept it, let him sit out the year. There's bound to be another decent running back available before the regular season gets underway.

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255968
08/23/05 12:43 AM
08/23/05 12:43 AM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:

And please don't think that all Eagles fans now hate TO, as SportsCenter would lead you to believe. A lot do, but a lot don't.
I'm from Philly also. All my family is still there. I used to LOVE T.O. and I'm still trying to, but it's so hard. Half of me doesn't feel sorry for him one bit, the other half sees his point. He does deserve more money. The Eagles would have screwed him if he got seriously injured in a second. They had him sign a secret contract releasing them from their obligations, before allowing him to play in the Super Bowl, in case he was injured permanently. What gives the owners the right to screw the players? Yes he should be grateful for the money, because it is alot, but no one can deny the fact that he does deserve more.

Besides it's not like he's the first player to do this. The media's making it out to be like he's the only one, therefore making him look like a greedy @sshole to those who don't know any better.

I do agree that his agent is a creep though. I think half the problem is him. I always tell my husband that Drew Rosenwhatever looks like he works for the devil with his greased back hair and expensive sunglasses.

Re: Terrell Owens: Egomaniac? #255969
08/24/05 01:51 AM
08/24/05 01:51 AM
united states
chrispk Offline
Associate
chrispk  Offline
Associate
united states
I'm a Raiders fan and couldn't give 2 shits for T.O. or Philadelphia's situation, but here is my 2 cents. I think T.O. is just a trouble maker and will pull this type of shit anywhere he goes. Just look at his career! He has the talent to act like an asshole now, but what will happen to him when he's older, slower and weaker.

c