GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BugsyM), 321 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,812
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dubbed voices #25043
02/03/02 09:44 AM
02/03/02 09:44 AM
Pennsburg
J
Jeremiah Peck Offline OP
Associate
Jeremiah Peck  Offline OP
J
Associate
Pennsburg
I noticed in some of the deleted scenes, like after Fanucci gets cut and Vito and Genco discuss him, it seems like Genco's voice is dubbed by someone else. His voice sounds very different when he talks in English. Another scene is the flute scene, where the father's voice also sounds dubbed, and 'too Italian'. Is this their real voices, or were they dubbed over?

Re: Dubbed voices #25044
02/03/02 10:12 AM
02/03/02 10:12 AM
Brooklyn,NY.
T
Tyler Durden Offline
Capo
Tyler Durden  Offline
T
Capo
Brooklyn,NY.
In fact...All Of The Voices In Movies Are Dubbed. After The Movie Is Shot and Edited, Sometimes An Actor Saying Something May Be Cut Out...They Go Into THe Studio And Say The Lines Over Until It Matches Up On The Big Screen.

It's A Little Confusing.

Tony Montana

First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, when someone say "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule of Fight Club, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule of Fight Club, one fight at a time. Sixth rule of Fight Club, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule of Fight Club, fights go on as long as they have to. Eighth and final rule of Fight Club if this is your first night at Fight Club you have to fight.
Re: Dubbed voices #25045
02/03/02 11:02 AM
02/03/02 11:02 AM
Miami
D
DonAlx Offline
Capo
DonAlx  Offline
D
Capo
Miami
yeah sometimes you cant even tell its dubbed and sometimes its just to obvious

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." - Terry (Marlon Brando), On the Waterfront (1954). One of my favorites
Re: Dubbed voices #25046
02/04/02 03:58 PM
02/04/02 03:58 PM
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
D
Don Noledge Offline
Underboss
Don Noledge  Offline
D
Underboss
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
Not all voices or sound are dubbed. Only about 73% of a films overall sound is dubbed...

wink

noledge

"If you win you win. If you lose you still win. Theres no way you can lose." Joey - Raging Bull
Re: Dubbed voices #25047
02/04/02 07:49 PM
02/04/02 07:49 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Jeremiah Peck:
it seems like Genco's voice is dubbed by someone else. His voice sounds very different when he talks in English...Is this their real voices, or were they dubbed over?

I don't know about the guy who played Agostino Coppola, but I'm sure Genco's voice is that of the actor who played him, Frank Sivero, because Sivero was a major supporting actor in "Goodfellas" and his voice, in English and Italian, is recognizable in GFII. As Tony, Alx and Noledge point out, it's not unusual to use the actors to overdub their parts during post production if the director or second unit chief isn't satisfied with how they sounded on the original soundtrack. I believe it's very unusual to use another person to overdub their voices, except if the original actor is playing a singer and can't really sing.
[Footnote: The best Don Corleone imitation I ever heard was done by Anthony Hopkins, who showed his stuff on A&E's "Biography" of Brando. It didn't surprise me that he was so good: When "Spartacus" was revived and remastered, they restored a scene that had been cut from the original theatrical release showing Laurence Olivier and Tony Curtis in a Roman bath. The Olivier soundtrack was messed up, so they got Hopkins to overdub his voice--perfectly!]

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull