GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (mustachepete), 276 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Godfather Trilogy Video #24823
01/02/02 04:18 PM
01/02/02 04:18 PM
sleaford, lincolnshire
F
Furio Offline OP
Associate
Furio  Offline OP
F
Associate
sleaford, lincolnshire
hiya im new, i got the godfather trilogy on video for xmas, and i wanted to know why the first video starts with the young vito, when this part of the trilogy is supposed to be at the start of the second film??

many thanx confused confused

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24824
01/02/02 04:26 PM
01/02/02 04:26 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
so its in Chronological Order...Easier To Understand....i Suggest you get the DVD Collection though

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24825
01/02/02 04:44 PM
01/02/02 04:44 PM
sleaford, lincolnshire
F
Furio Offline OP
Associate
Furio  Offline OP
F
Associate
sleaford, lincolnshire
yeah i think i will once i get a dvd player, does the dvd version have the film in chronological order?

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24826
01/02/02 04:45 PM
01/02/02 04:45 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Originally posted by Furio:
yeah i think i will once i get a dvd player, does the dvd version have the film in chronological order?

No it doesnt.

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24827
01/08/02 02:38 PM
01/08/02 02:38 PM
suffern,NY
E
enzodabaker Offline
Button
enzodabaker  Offline
E
Button
suffern,NY
god knows why the dvd version doent have the chronological version on it....thats one of nth msot fun things to watch when its on televison.....i love seeing the sequence of things how they really happened

How's Paulie, Oh Paulie, you won't see him no more
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24828
01/10/02 12:08 PM
01/10/02 12:08 PM
London
persiangodfather Offline
Capo
persiangodfather  Offline
Capo
London
I know I've said it before, but I still believe the theatrical version is the best. Having said that, the moment the Saga/Trilogy comes out on DVD, I'll get it. The way I see it, the whole chronological version is a bit like seeing Memento the right way round.

"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."

"Mio padre se chiamo Antonio Andolini, e questi è per te!"
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24829
01/11/02 01:52 PM
01/11/02 01:52 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Originally posted by persiangodfather:
The way I see it, the whole chronological version is a bit like seeing Memento the right way round.

Have you actually tried to watch Memento the right way around? I've been tempted, but I didn't want to interfere with the director's artistic vision.

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24830
01/11/02 02:00 PM
01/11/02 02:00 PM
London
persiangodfather Offline
Capo
Capo
London
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:

Have you actually tried to watch Memento the right way around? I've been tempted, but I didn't want to interfere with the director's artistic vision.

Well, there's the option of doing this on the Memento DVD (coming out here on Monday), and the way I see it, the chronological version is only there as a point of interest, the same as the Godfther Epic/Trilogy. The definitive version will always be the original director's cut, and in the same way that the strength of Memento is the sophisticated narrative, one of the strengths of the Godfather Parts I/II is the way they are constructed, plotwise.

I don't object to the re-edits, I even find them very interesting, but they will always be inferior to the original.

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24831
02/26/02 10:45 PM
02/26/02 10:45 PM
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Anthony Spilotro Offline
Capo
Anthony Spilotro  Offline
Capo
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Do you guys think if the Trilogy was released in Chronological Order on DVD it would do better than the DVD Collection?

"Mio padre se chiamo Antonio Andolini, e questo è per te." - Robert De Niro to Giuseppe Sillato in The Godfather Part II.
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24832
02/27/02 01:06 AM
02/27/02 01:06 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Well Don, "what do you think", since you pulled this older post up?

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24833
02/27/02 08:27 AM
02/27/02 08:27 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
I hate the idea of a chronological version. I mean everything would be out of place. I mean flashback scenes are intended for that purpose. "Flashbacks". I don't understand how people can't get around this and like things the much simpler way. Next they'll want all of Tarantino's stuff in chronological order - Doesn't work does it? No. It doesn't.

Excuse the very cynical post.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24834
02/27/02 12:07 PM
02/27/02 12:07 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I've posted my opinion a million times - the chronological version is nice as a novelty, but it cannot compare to the standard releases. Coppola did it cuz a network made him an offer he couldn't refuse. What complicates this issue, though, is that the chrono versions have the extra footage added. That makes it much more worthwhile to watch them.

As for Memento, I watched the DVD last night and I didn't see any option to play it "backwards" (forwards)... is there another version of the DVD coming out or something? Memento must be pretty bad played backwards...

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24835
02/27/02 12:32 PM
02/27/02 12:32 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Funny, I rented Memento last Saturday and I didn't see a way to watch it "backwards" (forwards...) I looked again, since I don't have to return it till tomorrow!! smile What made this movie was it's original premise and the ability for the viewer to interpret the ending with what you were given in the way it was given. I liked it alot!!

I own the GF DVD Collection and I much prefer to watch it this way, with flashbacks, than to watch it all in order on TV. I echo the sentiments from above about giving directors their artistic license...... smile

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24836
02/27/02 01:01 PM
02/27/02 01:01 PM
London
persiangodfather Offline
Capo
Capo
London
The chronological option on Memento only appears on DVD region 2 discs. It isn't on the US R1 version, although a special edition is going to be released in North America in a couple of months. I expect this DVD will have the feature. My guess is, you'll also get a commentary by Christopher Nolan.

PS I am totally with you on the chronological issue with the Godfather films, Geoff.

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24837
02/27/02 01:06 PM
02/27/02 01:06 PM
London
persiangodfather Offline
Capo
Capo
London
A seperate point: I don't like the way how people refer to 'flashbacks' in Part II; the Robert de Niro scenes are a parallel storyline, and are not a flashback. The birthday scene at the end of Part II is a flashback, but nothing else.

Sorry if I sound over the top - it's not really a major point, anyway. smile

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24838
03/01/02 07:38 PM
03/01/02 07:38 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
only you guys, could go from Trilogy video to talking about memento Dvds. lol.

As soona si get a dvd player my FIRST purchase ill be GF Trilogy.

Ok guys, answer time.

I was looking for the cronological/added footage trilogy on VHS, VIDEO. I found the 6 tape set, The Godfather COllection which is the individual movies boxed together in Goldish boxes. I found the 6 tape set The Godfather COllection;Widescreen, in green boxesm the 3 movies boxed together.

What is WIdescreen? And where can i find the Godfather Trilogy with bonus footage or chrono order on VIDEO!?

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24839
03/01/02 09:30 PM
03/01/02 09:30 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Originally posted by Ricardo:

What is WIdescreen?
widescreen is a method by which a movie can be seen on a TV screen the way that the movie was seen in theaters. when watching a widescreen, the black bars are present on top and bottom of the screen . . .

-------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24840
03/02/02 02:34 PM
03/02/02 02:34 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]
What is WIdescreen?
widescreen is a method by which a movie can be seen on a TV screen the way that the movie was seen in theaters. when watching a widescreen, the black bars are present on top and bottom of the screen . . .

-------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted![/b]
Ok, the black bars did it for me. What's the difference between the three sets? I looked on AMazon.com last night and found the 25th anniversary collection with original Gf, Gf2, and Gf3, Harlan lebo's Gf Legacy, and Bonus Tape.

And now the funny part: 2 weeks ago i rented the Godfather 3: 25th Anniversary edition! smile lol I really thought it was 2015! Until i found out it was the sametape with the GF3 look pack with Puzo prior to the movie. It did list DeNiro as one of the actors in Gf3 tho. hmm....?
Somebody gets to eat an orange

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24841
03/05/02 12:23 AM
03/05/02 12:23 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Just an FYI to anyone who's never watched anything on DVD: You'll never again wanna stick in one of those bulky video tapes again (I can hear you DVD owners telling me, "Well, D-U-H!"). Seriously, though, yous gotta' scarpe up the dough and get yourself a DVD player. As far as the sequential thing goes re. GF, I think the guys at Paramount outta' at least put out a collection where we could CHOOSE how to watch it (i.e., chronological or original release). After all, this IS the 21st Century; they coulda' pulled it off. Naturally, the collection would include and compile ALL deleted scenes, Saga, Novel for T.V., etc.! But what do I know?
"Fuggidaboutit!" ohwell

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24842
03/05/02 11:48 AM
03/05/02 11:48 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Snake:
Just an FYI to anyone who's never watched anything on DVD: You'll never again wanna stick in one of those bulky video tapes again (I can hear you DVD owners telling me, "Well, D-U-H!"). Seriously, though, yous gotta' scarpe up the dough and get yourself a DVD player. As far as the sequential thing goes re. GF, I think the guys at Paramount outta' at least put out a collection where we could CHOOSE how to watch it (i.e., chronological or original release). After all, this IS the 21st Century; they coulda' pulled it off. Naturally, the collection would include and compile ALL deleted scenes, Saga, Novel for T.V., etc.! But what do I know?
"Fuggidaboutit!" ohwell
I can't wait to get a DVD player and buy the DVD trilogy! I agree all deleted scenes would be good. Instead of a bonus scene disk, how about a chrono WITH bonus scene disk.

the movies theatrically are GREAT i agree. But we just can't pass up an opportunity to see EVERYTHING bonus AND chrono etc.

Since the NOVEL is only 7$. Perhaps they could screen the whoe novel onto the Bonus disk.

I DOUBT they will come out with another Trilogy DVD tho, wishful thinking.

Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24843
03/06/02 04:45 PM
03/06/02 04:45 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Originally posted by Snake:
"Fuggidaboutit!" ohwell
Yeah I totally agree with you. I likewise thought about that when DVD's started coming out. Why not have a disk or feature where in all the deleted scenes are compressed in the movie. I am just pissed at some DVD's without any features except for scene selection. Maybe the box set with be a collectors item someday, hehehe. [Linked Image]

"Life is so beatiful" - Don Vito in The Godfather novel
"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: Godfather Trilogy Video #24844
03/07/02 12:50 AM
03/07/02 12:50 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
too bad they won't just take the Master version of the TV saga BEFORE the TV edits forlanguage and violence, and throw that onto video, i'd but it!

And if they can show the movies un-cut, why can't they "one time only!" show the Saga un-cut off of the Trilogy VHS or something.!

I know i'm taping Gf3 off of USa this month, so i'll have ALL 3 movies un-cut separate then my only other goal will be to get a copy of the Chrono versions, and i'll be one happy motherf***er!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull