GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 303 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,998
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,179
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lakers vs. Pistons #241556
06/06/04 11:24 PM
06/06/04 11:24 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline OP
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline OP
Underboss
Los Angeles
Game 1: OMG can Kobe miss any more jump shots???

It's not going well, Laker fans. There's still hope, though... if anyone can catch up in the 4th quarter, it's the Lakers.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241557
06/07/04 09:49 AM
06/07/04 09:49 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
How typical of the Lakers to not show up for a big game this year. I said it in the San Antonio series and I'll say it again: I thought Malone & Payton wanted rings. They aren't going to get it with the performances they gave in Game 1 of the Finals. Nobody from the Lakers showed up excpet Shaq & Kobe.

I think the Lakers started believing all of the hype and didn't take the Pistons seriously. But I predict that LA will bounce back in Game 2. Things will get very interesting with 3 straight in Detroit. It makes me wonder if this thing will go 7 now.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241558
06/07/04 10:00 AM
06/07/04 10:00 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

They'll come back. They don't want the wrath of Jack Nickelson coming down on them.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241559
06/07/04 11:37 AM
06/07/04 11:37 AM
S
Silvio Offline
Made Member
Silvio  Offline
S
Made Member
I dont know how people call Kobe the best player in the leauge....
10 for 27, most of the made shots dunks and layups, and most missed shots on unessesary jumpers. The Lakers are the Deisels ship, and the faster Kobe realizes this the easier itll be for the Lakers to win.
I hate it. If Kobe plays shitty hes "biding his time". Anyone else, including Duncan Garnett and Shaq (better players!), is simply sucking it up. Kobe is great but this preferrental treatment by the media drives me nuts

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241560
06/07/04 01:50 PM
06/07/04 01:50 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvio:
I dont know how people call Kobe the best player in the leauge....
10 for 27, most of the made shots dunks and layups, and most missed shots on unessesary jumpers.
Do you know how many similar nights Jordan had shooting? MJ was dubbed the best player in the league for many years. I think that it's arguable calling Kobe the best player. Besides, it's a moot point, because in 2 years, it will be LeBron James hailed as the league's best player.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241561
06/07/04 03:14 PM
06/07/04 03:14 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Quote:
I dont know how people call Kobe the best player in the leauge....10 for 27, most of the made shots dunks and layups, and most missed shots on unessesary jumpers.... If Kobe plays shitty hes "biding his time". Anyone else, including Duncan Garnett and Shaq (better players!), is simply sucking it up. Kobe is great but this preferrental treatment by the media drives me nuts
I couldn't agree more.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241562
06/07/04 03:48 PM
06/07/04 03:48 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
I'm so happy with the Pistons win, but I still think the Lakers will win, though it will be a tough series and I'll cheer for Detroit until the last second.

well, I agree that Payton and Malone may not get a ring if they keep playing like they are right now. they're like "we deserve a ring for what we've done, so let's see if Shaq and Kobe get it for us". we're talking about two future Hall of Famers who combined for 7 points in a NBA finals game, and this it was not even surprising because of the way they are playing.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241563
06/07/04 05:08 PM
06/07/04 05:08 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline OP
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline OP
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
They'll come back. They don't want the wrath of Jack Nickelson coming down on them.
Jack Nicholson is so awesome... especially when he gets REALLY mad, stands up, yells at the ref, yells at the players... it's so funny. But he's usually right. Our "honorary coach..." haha

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241564
06/09/04 08:43 AM
06/09/04 08:43 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Series is now tied at 1-1. Let me first get off my chest how ridiculous it is that the NBA is starting these games at 9:15 on the east coast. Would the west coast really mind if the game started at 5:15 instead of 6:15? I would at least be able to stay up and watch the entire game.

Having said that, I thought the Lakers would have played more inspired and blown Detroit out in Game 2. Once again it was just Kobe & Shaq. Walton had a nice game off the bench, but Payton was nowhere to be found for yet another game. He has become a joke of a player. At least Malone, while not scoring much, played hurt.

I think this series is definitely heading back to LA for a 6th game. Game 3 will be huge - with the way Detroit has been playing, I won't be surprised to see them win. But neither team is winning 3 in a row in Detroit.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241565
06/09/04 12:22 PM
06/09/04 12:22 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
... but Payton was nowhere to be found for yet another game. He has become a joke of a player.
unfortunately I have to agree with that.

anyway, I got mad with the game last night. I was dreaming with the Pistons getting 2-0 and they got so close, then Kobe hit that shot. we've been discussing about him all the time in this Sports forum and I always said he was one of the greatest players I have seen because he is amazing in the clutch time, and he showed that against my beloved team
in my humble opinion, Kobe decided the 2004 NBA Finals with that shot. if the Pistons got to win both games in LA, I doubt they wouldn't win another two in the upcoming 5 games. now, in spite of how fine the Pistons are playing, I'm back to the thought that the Lakers will win, probably in 6 games. but you don't know how much I want to be wrong about that.

The Bunk
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241566
06/09/04 02:30 PM
06/09/04 02:30 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:

anyway, I got mad with the game last night. I was dreaming with the Pistons getting 2-0 and they got so close, then Kobe hit that shot. we've been discussing about him all the time in this Sports forum and I always said he was one of the greatest players I have seen because he is amazing in the clutch time, and he showed that against my beloved team
in my humble opinion, Kobe decided the 2004 NBA Finals with that shot. if the Pistons got to win both games in LA, I doubt they wouldn't win another two in the upcoming 5 games. now, in spite of how fine the Pistons are playing, I'm back to the thought that the Lakers will win, probably in 6 games. but you don't know how much I want to be wrong about that.

Tony
I don't know, I wouldn't give up yet and I wouldn't say that Kobe decided the Finals with that shot. It was only Game 2. On the other hand, the Pistons were only 40 seconds away from stealing both games in LA with a six point lead.

The bottom line is that, despite what the so-called experts said before the series, the Pistons are not just going to roll over and concede to the Lakers. The Lakers have 2 threats - Kobe & Shaq - albeit, two very good threats. Detroit has steady play from Rip, both Wallaces, and Billups. Until someone else from LA steps up (Walton did an admirable job in Game 2), I think Detroit still has the edge. We'll just see how they adjust psychologically after Game 2. I don't think it was as heart-breaking as the Game 5 Fisher shot vs. San Antonio.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241567
06/11/04 04:00 AM
06/11/04 04:00 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline OP
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline OP
Underboss
Los Angeles
The Lakers sure are disappointing one hell of a lot of people... What happened to them? Remember when they were GOOD? wow, those were the days. It's been a while since they've played a truly good game, maybe since they played against the Spurs. Even any wins since that series have been, well, not lucky, exactly... but... well, they didn't win because they played well on Tuesday, that's for sure. That was something else. And today...... :rolleyes:
The series is 2-1 and the next two games are in Detroit. I wouldn't put any money on the Lakers, just a word of advice.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241568
06/11/04 12:35 PM
06/11/04 12:35 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
last night's game was BEAUTIFUL! I might sound crazy after my last post, but now I've changed my mind. I definitely believe the Pistons can win, although I still fear the Lakers. the fact is, I thought game 1 was an accident, and that game 2 was the proof that the Lakers were better and meant to win, but after game 3 I think (and hope) I was wrong.

The Bunk
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241569
06/11/04 01:05 PM
06/11/04 01:05 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline OP
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline OP
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
last night's game was BEAUTIFUL! I might sound crazy after my last post, but now I've changed my mind. I definitely believe the Pistons can win, although I still fear the Lakers. the fact is, I thought game 1 was an accident, and that game 2 was the proof that the Lakers were better and meant to win, but after game 3 I think (and hope) I was wrong.
I don't know about that... sure, it's entirely possible that the Pistons might win. But it won't be because they're better than the Lakers. Last night, the Pistons played the absolute best they possibly could. Many of them even said that in the interviews afterwards, that they've never played that well before. On the other hand, last night's game was the worst game the Lakers have ever played. They weren't even trying, it was so disgusting. The front page of today's Los Angeles Times read something to the extent of, "Lakers hit an all-time low" and said something about how that was the lowest points in Laker playoff history. So if they were actually playing basketball, rather than staring at the ceiling or whatever else they were doing, then they could have easily won. The Pistons are not winning because they are playing well, they are winning because the Lakers are playing horribly.
I don't know what the deal is with them... My friends have theories that the games are bought and sold, and there are always jokes at every time-out, like, "OK guys, Vegas called. They're pissed off. This one was supposed to be the Pistons'." Hey maybe it's true. I have no idea.

Or maybe the Lakers are showing us some of that first-rate laziness and arrogance that cost them the championship last year. :rolleyes:

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241570
06/11/04 01:19 PM
06/11/04 01:19 PM
Milwaukee, WI
badguytony Offline
Underboss
badguytony  Offline
Underboss
Milwaukee, WI
Detroit is a Kobe Bryant 3 pointer from being able to close this out in a sweep. The Pistons have outplayed the Lakers except the last minute and overtime of game 2. If game 3 was an indication, this could go 5 but you know that next game the Lakers will get some calls cuz when was the last time Shaq attempted two free throws? Detroit went to the line 17 more times. Game 4 is now a huge game.

"You should see the other guy."
-Tony Montana

"It might just be for a split-second, but it's still flying."
-Michael Jordan
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241571
06/11/04 01:33 PM
06/11/04 01:33 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
It should be 3-0 lead, the Pistons have outplayed them in every game so far.

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241572
06/11/04 01:45 PM
06/11/04 01:45 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
The Pistons are not winning because they are playing well, they are winning because the Lakers are playing horribly.
Spoken like a true Lakers fan. :rolleyes:
:p

The fact is the Lakers are playing horribly because the Pistons are forcing them to play horribly. I hate Larry Brown for the way he left the Sixers, but I have to say the man can coach. Phil Jackson wins championships but he wins them with the two different teams that probably had at the time the greatest collection of players. Do we really know how good of a coach he is? Give Larry Brown a good team he can take them far - he is still a pr!ck though.

Having said that the Lakers do have talent and if they win the next game it is tied up so this is far from over.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241573
06/11/04 03:26 PM
06/11/04 03:26 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline OP
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline OP
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
[quote]Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[b] The Pistons are not winning because they are playing well, they are winning because the Lakers are playing horribly.
Spoken like a true Lakers fan. :rolleyes:
:p

...the Lakers do have talent and if they win the next game it is tied up so this is far from over. [/b][/quote]Hey just because I'm a Lakers fan doesn't mean I should be in denial when their game sucks... They're still good, in and of themselves... but no one can say that they've been playing to their potential these last few games. Am I wrong? Don't worry, I'm still a true Lakers fan, even if they start (I mean continue) losing horribly or if they behaved like drama queens like Sacramento... whatever, I'd still love them.

As for this not being over, true... they MIGHT still shape up. Especially if Payton plays the all-important position of "bench"... Better yet, they should bitch-slap him and trade him for someone efficient.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241574
06/11/04 03:37 PM
06/11/04 03:37 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
Quote:
I hate Larry Brown for the way he left the Sixers, but I have to say the man can coach... Give Larry Brown a good team he can take them far - he is still a pr!ck though.
I feel the same away about Larry Brown. What I really didn't like was when he had his first press conference with the Pistons, he said he didn't know what his role with the Sixers was. In reality, he had full control of player personnel. He didn't take responsibility for all his bad decisions, most notably the 1998 draft. He picked Larry Hughes 8, followed by Dirk Nowitzki (9) and Paul Pierce (10).

This might be the only time in my life I will ever root for the Lakers.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241575
06/11/04 08:35 PM
06/11/04 08:35 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
The Pistons are not winning because they are playing well, they are winning because the Lakers are playing horribly.

I think it's pretty unfair to say that. the Lakers are probably playing horribly because the Pistons are forcing them to.

The Bunk
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241576
06/12/04 06:59 AM
06/12/04 06:59 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
As much as I hate the Pistons for knocking the Nets out, I agree with TM.

The defense they play is forcing the Lakers to play poorly.

As far as Larry Brown goes, I can't stand him either. In 1982-83 he walked out on the playoff-bound Nets (47-29) with 6 games to go in the regular season to take the job at the University of Kansas.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241577
06/12/04 03:29 PM
06/12/04 03:29 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
I hated Larry Brown when he coached the 76ers. I thought he was the biggest baby, but since he's been in Detroit I love the guy. I would love to see him win his first NBA Championship in Detroit.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241578
06/13/04 11:20 PM
06/13/04 11:20 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
So at the end of 3 quarters, tie game. And Kobe throws up a miracle three at the end of the first half. As I said earlier I hate Larry Brown, but I hate a bunch of the Lakers, actually I probably only like Shaq. And Karl Malone that big baby, I don't want him to get a ring nor Gary Payton - they all thought it was going to be so easy for them this year. Malone gets into a shouting match with a fan - what a piece of work. I remember when he was pitching Rogaine - gee that seems to have really worked out well for him. Rogaine is probably praying those old commercials never see the light of day again.

And I am not sure of his name, I think Mike - he is part of the halftime show with Mike Tirico - what the hell is he wearing anyway? Some checkered suit, looks like some old zoot suit or something. He must live in a house with no mirrors.

And on a totally unrelated NBA note, I saw the clip of the Madonna interview coming up on aBC during halftime - hmm somebody is not aging well.

EDIT: Wow, Detroit won again, I never would have believed they would be 3-1 after four games. And take away Kobe's shot to tie game two this could have been a sweep, that is amazing to me, I thought LA would win in 5 maybe 6. I can't see the Lakers losing three in a row though so I am thinking they will take Tuesday's game and then it heads back to LA, but what do I know.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241579
06/14/04 09:40 AM
06/14/04 09:40 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
what do I know.
You don't really want me to answer that, do you? :p

Here's what I wrote in another thread...

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I give Detroit a real shot because of their defense.

If they can get one of the first two in LA, then 2 out of 3 at home, they could do it.

Logic tells me LA in 6, but my official prediction is Detroit in 6 or 7.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241580
06/14/04 01:14 PM
06/14/04 01:14 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
Detroit is not going back to LA.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241581
06/14/04 02:18 PM
06/14/04 02:18 PM
S
Silvio Offline
Made Member
Silvio  Offline
S
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
[quote]Originally posted by Silvio:
[b] I dont know how people call Kobe the best player in the leauge....
10 for 27, most of the made shots dunks and layups, and most missed shots on unessesary jumpers.
Do you know how many similar nights Jordan had shooting? MJ was dubbed the best player in the league for many years. I think that it's arguable calling Kobe the best player. Besides, it's a moot point, because in 2 years, it will be LeBron James hailed as the league's best player. [/b][/quote]Still think its arguable? and please dont compare Kobe to MJ...its insulting. Mike had a much better career shooting %tage and scored 25 or more in 20 straight finals games. He never played lazy either. Kobe ALMOST looked like Mike until they started defending him like Mike. Then he plays terrible. Go figure

What is with the preferrential treatment Kobe gets? He plays a shitty first half and before the second half Al Michaels is saying how his buzzer beater half ending shot is "the story of the half"....err

Kobe has the ability to do more then anyone one the court. Maybe ever. The problem is he is the dumbest player out there (Slava and Okur not included). When Shaq is playing the way he is give him the f*cking ball. He isnt missing and they arent covering him! Kobe took FOUR more shots then the most dominant player in the game and scored SIXTEEN less points. Thats horrible. his d is overrated and atrocious also. Hes been defending Rip most the series....guess whos leading it in offensive rebounds? kobe cant even box out his guy.

But I suppose that doesnt matter. he can hit one big three in a series (after missing the other 3 3 point attempts he had in the qtr) and hes comparable to Michael. he can be behind KG in every significant category yet still be the better player. Whatever. Look at Kobe as a whole. Take in the shitty games with the good ones. He has never been season MVP or even runner up to it. Hes never led any statistical category. Gimmie a break. Hes top 5 but lets stop there

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241582
06/14/04 03:22 PM
06/14/04 03:22 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
HAHHAHA! Fakers are down 3-1! LMAO! This is the greatest moment ever. All of those "Faker" fans will like a new team next year and hopefully Kobe. Jackson, and Shaq will no longer be together. Some great times. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241583
06/14/04 03:41 PM
06/14/04 03:41 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by goombah:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Silvio:
[b] I dont know how people call Kobe the best player in the leauge....
Do you know how many similar nights Jordan had shooting? MJ was dubbed the best player in the league for many years. I think that it's arguable calling Kobe the best player. Besides, it's a moot point, because in 2 years, it will be LeBron James hailed as the league's best player. [/b][/quote]Still think its arguable? and please dont compare Kobe to MJ...its insulting. Mike had a much better career shooting %tage and scored 25 or more in 20 straight finals games. He never played lazy either. Kobe ALMOST looked like Mike until they started defending him like Mike. Then he plays terrible. Go figure

What is with the preferrential treatment Kobe gets? He plays a shitty first half and before the second half Al Michaels is saying how his buzzer beater half ending shot is "the story of the half"....err

Kobe has the ability to do more then anyone one the court. Maybe ever. The problem is he is the dumbest player out there (Slava and Okur not included). When Shaq is playing the way he is give him the f*cking ball. He isnt missing and they arent covering him! Kobe took FOUR more shots then the most dominant player in the game and scored SIXTEEN less points. Thats horrible. his d is overrated and atrocious also. Hes been defending Rip most the series....guess whos leading it in offensive rebounds? kobe cant even box out his guy.

But I suppose that doesnt matter. he can hit one big three in a series (after missing the other 3 3 point attempts he had in the qtr) and hes comparable to Michael. he can be behind KG in every significant category yet still be the better player. Whatever. Look at Kobe as a whole. Take in the shitty games with the good ones. He has never been season MVP or even runner up to it. Hes never led any statistical category. Gimmie a break. Hes top 5 but lets stop there [/b][/quote]I really do not give a rip whether Kobe is considered the best player in the league or whether the Lakers win. But yes, it is arguable that he is the best player. You're right on one point - he's in the Top 5 players in the league. He's also not playing well in the Finals, for whatever reason. But MJ had nights where he'd shoot 15 for 40 from the field. These guys are human and can't make every shot.

This year's MVP, Garnett, is sitting at home watching the Finals. So is last year's MVP, Duncan. I guarantee you both would rather be playing for a title than polishing their MVP trophy. If you asked 99% of today's athletes and gave them a choice of having Kobe's 3 rings or an MVP trophy, the rings would win hands-down. I'm sure Duncan cherishes his 2 rings a helluva lot more than individual accolades.

Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241584
06/14/04 03:44 PM
06/14/04 03:44 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
that's unbelievable! I never thought the Pistons would have a 3-1 lead after 4 games. well I won't make any prediction because I was wrong about all the ones I did so far, but although I still fear the Lakers, I really think the ring belongs to the Pistons this year. how happy I am!

The Bunk
Re: Lakers vs. Pistons #241585
06/14/04 04:03 PM
06/14/04 04:03 PM
S
Silvio Offline
Made Member
Silvio  Offline
S
Made Member
of course championships are more important. But just because Kobe is part of a team winning them doesnt mean hes the best. Shaq is more responsible for those rings then Kobe is. easily. Both guys and solid roleplayers were needed to win but Shaq was the primary force. So if you want to go by rings Shaq is the best player. Hes got three rings and three finals MVPs showing he was the best player on the team winning them.
Indiviually, Kobe is great but is behind Duncan and Garnett. These guys havent had the luxury of another great player (and hell, Duncans won it before).
and yes, Jordan had bad games but not nearly as many (11 pts?). The guy had a better fg %tage and more pts AND was always the primary target of the defense. Look what Detroit has done. Theyve led Shaq go loose and played MJ-defense on Kobe. he cant deal with it. Games 1, 3, and 4 have been terrible. How many series did mike have THREE terrible games, much less in the finals? None. Hell in the first half of Game 3 Kobe only had one more point then I did

Page 1 of 2 1 2