GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 285 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,033
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,515
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,350
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kobe Bryant game over? #225709
07/18/03 10:43 PM
07/18/03 10:43 PM
Remember Vito Andolini Offline OP
Capo
Remember Vito Andolini  Offline OP
Capo
He should have known better Colorado is not the right place to bang cheerleaders.

Ricky Roma: You are here to help us... does that seem clear to you? That's your job... To help us, not to fuck us up... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy! You company man!
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225710
07/19/03 12:23 AM
07/19/03 12:23 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
First of all I am not a Laker or Kobe Bryant fan, however I am willing to give him the benifit of the doubt. Athleats and celebritys are targets for people wanting to make a buck, he has the right to a fair trial just like anyone else.However if he is found guilty he should not be given preferental treatment just because he is famous,he should be sentenced the same as if it were you or me. By the way I'm a Kings fan so this could work out verry nicely for my team.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225711
07/19/03 02:44 AM
07/19/03 02:44 AM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
As the resident Laker fan on this board, I feel like I have to chime in with my thoughts. First of all, I am shocked. Of course, he has not been convicted of anything, but the fact that there was enough evidence to charge him is disturbing. Even though many athletes cheat on their wives, Kobe was one of those guys who you just assumed was above all that. He got married at 22, and I figured that if he still wanted to go around and chase girls, he would have stayed single longer. Whether or not he did it, I believe that he will be on the court this year. Who knows how long it will take for this to go to trial. He may plea bargain (although at this point his lawyers are saying that he'll plead not guilty), or he may fight the charges and get acquitted. Either way, I doubt that he'll spend a minute behind bars. He's got a ton of money, and he can hire the best lawyers possible. Guilty or not, his image is tarnished for life.

As for the Lakers, I think that this incident will either cause Kobe to fall apart psychologically, or have him gain an even greater focus than he's had before. Either way, it'll be a different Kobe out there. But this shouldn't change the team's status as the favorites.

As for the victim, I hope that she's making this all up. But if she truly was assaulted, I hope that there are no lasting effects and Kobe should get punished. But if she's making this all up, she's f*cked up, because she ruined a lot of people's lives just for a stunt.

Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225712
07/19/03 03:57 AM
07/19/03 03:57 AM
J Offline
Made Member
J  Offline
Made Member
I agree DC. You would think that anyone who is high profile, whether they be an athlete, entertainer, a politician or whatever, would understand that they are constantly targeted for any little thing that they do. And money can't always save you, but I think, they THINK that it can. Take Michael Jordan, he couldn't pay that woman enough to stay quite. Whether Kobe had consensual sex with the woman or not, he should've known that he would be a target. But you know, sometimes the little head tells the big head what to do... (Ok, yeah that's De Niro in A Bronx Tale, I couldn't resist)

Land of Capone
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225713
07/19/03 02:35 PM
07/19/03 02:35 PM
OleificioAndreassi Offline
Capo
OleificioAndreassi  Offline
Capo
Ever since I saw him play in high scool Kobe's been my favorite basketball player. Since then Ive followed him rooted fo him, watched & sometimes rewatched every game possible, & bought 3 of his jerseys. W/o a dout he is my favorite athlete. So when the news 1st came out i's both devistated & shocked. i think i lost my voie fo like an hour. But actually the 1st thing I thought of was jerome bettis. The same thing happened to him last summer. Some girl was forced by some greedy basterd to make false accusations against bettis. no 1 wanted to believe it cus bettis is "mr pittsburgh", a 1st class citizen. Finally the girl admitted the whole thing was lie, i think it was her father that put her up to it. But yesterday I learned that they were not the same thing. bettis never had sex w/ the girl. Kobe did. Watching Kobe admit that he committed adultery hurt pretty bad. heres wat i think:

-i want this girl to show her face. She wont come outta hiding, she wont say anything 1) she cannot be hotter than kobes wife so i dont no wat he thinkin there 2) if she expects me to believe her then I would why would she be hidin

-if ders any1 in this world dat I want to kill right now its that Colorado DA. I dont like him, I dont trust him, i think hes the biggest crock-a-shit iveever seen. ders just somin about him. He says he has evidence...where the fucks it at. I havent heard any.

-OK Kobe had sex w/ her. he committed adultery. Ders many things u can call some1 like this: scumbag, piece o chit, male whore, ....o yea also the president of the united states. Actually hes 1 up on the pres--he admitted it.

The guy made a mistake He admitted it He took full responsibility HE Did Not Rape Her

One Love
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225714
07/20/03 03:54 AM
07/20/03 03:54 AM
one of the 7 continents, yeah
B. B. Cheese Offline
Capo
B. B. Cheese  Offline
Capo
I am still giving Kobe Bryant the benefit of the doubt because I don't see why he would put everything on the line for a one night stand or raping some girl he met at some hotel.

1) Kobe has a lot to lose

2) The girl has a lot to gain

Besides when you consider the source, the girl was on American Idol and didn't do so well, and can gain much publicity from this situation. I am not siding on either side, but if he did the crime he must do the time like anyone else.

"I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me!?!"
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225715
07/20/03 12:26 PM
07/20/03 12:26 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
yea,right :rolleyes:

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225716
07/21/03 04:31 AM
07/21/03 04:31 AM
Michigan
Hollywood Hagan Offline
Underboss
Hollywood Hagan  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
Olificio, your post was ridiculous. The grammar and spelling were so bad that I didn't bother finishing. I know it was intentional, which makes it even more stupid.

As for the actual content of the post, I also disagree. Kobe is a great basketball player, but as an athlete I can tell you that the best players always have the biggest egos. It is natural. A lot of times, they think they are above the law, or at least have the attitude that "this will never happen to me", or worse yet, feel that "I can have any girl I want". Although it may be true for a lot of groupies, this girl is smart.

Regardless of the outcome of this case, I think Kobe is toast. I can't imagine him rebounding from this one.

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225717
07/21/03 09:03 AM
07/21/03 09:03 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Hollywood Hagan:

As for the actual content of the post, I also disagree. Kobe is a great basketball player, but as an athlete I can tell you that the best players always have the biggest egos. It is natural. A lot of times, they think they are above the law, or at least have the attitude that "this will never happen to me", or worse yet, feel that "I can have any girl I want". Although it may be true for a lot of groupies, this girl is smart.

Regardless of the outcome of this case, I think Kobe is toast. I can't imagine him rebounding from this one.
I fully agree with you here, especially about the "above the law" statement...

many here in Buffalo felt the same way people from LA feel right now about Kobe about OJ Simpson, but I think we found it harder to believe that he got a decision of NOT GUILTY than the idea that he murdered his wife...

Does anyone have some links to this story? The last thing I saw about it was the press conference with Bryant and his wife...(did anyone else notice that her support seemed to be a little bit overstated and her body language was way too much...she seemed to me that she was acting, trying to create this image to compensate for the accusations... )

Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225718
07/21/03 10:05 AM
07/21/03 10:05 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Sorry Guys, If it is one thing that we have learned from history, it is that Americans have a short memory!

Remember the crap Jane Fonda did, or how about Ali and the draft!

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225719
07/21/03 11:21 AM
07/21/03 11:21 AM
B. B. Cheese Offline
Capo
B. B. Cheese  Offline
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Sorry Guys, If it is one thing that we have learned from history, it is that Americans have a short memory!

hhhmmmm...

"I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me!?!"
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225720
07/21/03 11:52 AM
07/21/03 11:52 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:

With all due respect, FS, are you old enough to remember the Jane Fonda "crap" and Ali and the draft? If your opinions weren't formed on the basis of first hand knowledge of the time and place, but rather on what you've heard or read...

Your post implies that we have "forgiven" Fonda and Ali. That may very well be the case, and I would suggest that perhaps the reason is that we have discovered that maybe they were right all along.

Sure, Jane consorted with officials from Hanoi, the "enemy". But they were only our enemy because our government told us they were. The North Vietnamese had no gripe with Americans until we invaded their country.

And Ali? Many people at the time, myself included, admired his courageous stance and willingness to throw away his career and possibly go to jail for a principle. Bear in mind that at the time he had just embraced the Muslim religion, and the climate in the U.S. was such that his religious convictions were somewhat unpopular.

I'm not suggesting that opinions formed by what you read and here about events before your time are invalid. After all, I wasn't around for Hitler (No, I'm afraid I'm not that old), and I have a pretty strong opinion about him.

All I'm saying is that at the time Fonda's and Ali's views were unpopular. But as time passes, and truths, moral or otherwise, come out, some people's opinions change. It has nothing to do with the American public having a "short memory".

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225721
07/21/03 12:19 PM
07/21/03 12:19 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Sorry Pl, My statement stands.

American's have a Short Memory. Just because time heals all and we accept more and more doesn't mean things weren't bad at that time in our history.
I am not posting to start a debate. The world changes as fast as ever and as we change people are worried more about the "new" news then last weeks horror story.

Where have all the American flags gone?

and by the way Jane did visit our boys who were captured. I know a close family friend who's family member was there and seen her pass by that day. That is why it is still fresh in my mind.

Maybe I should change my tune and say Americans get numb to almost everything sooner or later!

Re: Kobe Bryant game over? #225722
07/21/03 12:38 PM
07/21/03 12:38 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fathersson:
Sorry Pl, My statement stands.

Maybe I should change my tune and say Americans get numb to almost everything sooner or later!

Again, all I'm saying is that, at the time, the sentiment of the American people was not as unanimously anti-Jane and anti-Ali as you might think.

Your last statement I would agree with.

"Difficult....not impossible"