GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 131 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,444
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,370
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224948
04/13/06 07:02 PM
04/13/06 07:02 PM
33degrees 26' N, 112degrees 4'...
Tutti Frutti Offline
Associate
Tutti Frutti  Offline
Associate
33degrees 26' N, 112degrees 4'...
How do you enter the alpha-numeric cheat codes in PS2?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dominic Corleone:
action replay ps2

Godfather, The

There are 6 codes for this game.

(M)
XY57-JEJ5-0G65T
7H2C-DC2M-FNE81

Infinite Ammo
4N0R-85ZG-1JG9W
3W9Q-TWMA-YM6VW

Never Reload
3CV6-GAGU-WRQ2U
2K14-W0QT-T74RT

L1+L2 Max Skill Points
Q3MA-TQQ1-0PB77
KJDP-F4YJ-C258M
PPN2-06MH-D0UD2

All Films Unlocked
9759-JZ89-X87N5
ZJA0-Y3YT-HNTV6
YAQ0-BUMM-W949H

Infinite Cash-Main Menu
M6Y8-79NX-D181D
BB32-WBZ4-WGCF1

Pushbuton
While game is paused.
Code Effect
square,circle,square,square,circle,L3 $5,000
circle,left,circle,right,square,R3 Full Ammo
left,square,right,circle,right,L3 Full Health

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224949
04/13/06 09:50 PM
04/13/06 09:50 PM
Jimmy Buffer Offline
Underboss
Jimmy Buffer  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
Pretty simple question for those who've been playing for a while... What happens if you accidentally kill a business owner while trying to extort him? Or what if you push him past his boiling point?

Do they come back to life? Do they cool down after a while?
Like has been previously posted, if you come back in a week the shop will be open again. If you push a shop owner past his/her breaking point, all you have to do is get into your car and drive down the street so you cross the intersection. Then, you can drive right back in a matter of seconds and you can negotiate again. However, each time you push them past their breaking point, the breaking point lowers a little bit, so instead of smashing their head against the wall 3 times and getting 2 grand, you might only be able to push them around a little and get $1200.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224950
04/13/06 09:59 PM
04/13/06 09:59 PM
La Cosa Nostra Offline
Wiseguy
La Cosa Nostra  Offline
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by McCluskey:
Does somebody know any cheats for the PS2 version? I am pretty impatient...
I'm normally a cheater myself, but this is one game I'm not cheating on, lol. It takes time, yes, but just remember to save at the local safehouse before doing a warehouse run, and you should be fine.

Cheating on "The Godfather", bah! Infamia!

What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot'em a mile away?

You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit.
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224951
04/14/06 02:27 AM
04/14/06 02:27 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Thanks, guys, for telling me that a lost extortion isn't gone forever! I thought it was. In fact, I thought it was cuz my buddy plays on my PC (only) like once/week, and, he tried to enter a biz -- twice! -- and it was still "closed due to family death" and shit, so I figured if you fucked it up once, that was it! In fact, maybe it should be, but...

whenever I fuck it up, I just restart the game -- since, yes, I (usually!) save before then anyway.

As for cheating... yes, sir! Every chance I get! I suck at video games... I hardly ever play ANY at all... so yeah, I need a boost now and then if I'm low in health or ammo. Kill me. :p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224952
04/14/06 07:24 AM
04/14/06 07:24 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
I beat the Baptism mission last night, and what a let down. For the most part the missions were a lot of fun, but this one was just aggrivating. I don't understand how the bad guys cars can go so damn fast, it's rediculous.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224953
04/14/06 12:17 PM
04/14/06 12:17 PM
Jimmy Buffer Offline
Underboss
Jimmy Buffer  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
As for cheating... yes, sir! Every chance I get! I suck at video games... I hardly ever play ANY at all... so yeah, I need a boost now and then if I'm low in health or ammo. Kill me. :p
See, therein lies the flaw in the game. You don't even need to cheat. Sure, it is easier to use the cheat code to get more ammo and health right away, but you are already given an unlimited supply of ammo from the safehouses. As far as health is concerned, sometimes it is better off to die. If you're getting close to a starting a mob war with some family, all you have to do is get yourself killed and your vendetta will automatically drop. The only thing that happens when you die is you lose $500. That is cheaper than starting a mob war and paying off the FBI agent for 3 grand and a lot more convenient than bombing a business, then having to wait for a week for the damn thing to open up again. There is absolutely no meaningful punishment or consequence for getting killed.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224954
04/14/06 12:18 PM
04/14/06 12:18 PM
La Cosa Nostra Offline
Wiseguy
La Cosa Nostra  Offline
Wiseguy
Those cars go just as fast as all the others, except that they're the only ones who are driving them full out, lol.

Car types:

Roadster - Fastest car available. It's the one with the long nose front and the fin-tail on the back.

Single-hatchback - Moderatly fast. It has the heavy-bumper front, and occassionally comes in two-tones, which seem to be a bit faster than the standard ones. Only thing faster is the roadster.

Double-hatchback - i.e. the car with the two-door back as opposed to the trunk-style. This is the most common car it would seem, and is a bit slower than the single.

Truck - Slow as molasses, but durable.

Freight truck - haven't driven any yet...tried to hijack a few, only thing that happens so far is some rival button men come out blasting. Although you can net an easy $2K - $4K in a money bag. Just take the money and run. I haven't been able to interrogate a driver yet, but I'll try again. Hitting a truck or shooting or punching it at an intersection, will spook the driver and make the truck speed off, heedless of who he hits, so you're gonna have to use your car as a rolling roadblock. Eventually the driver will stop and the button men will come out. Oh, and the trucks are color-coded, so don't mess with the black ones, those are yours.

Taxis, Police cars, etc.: Taxis I haven't driven that much, and the Police cars seem about as fast as their regular counterparts. I don't know for sure though.

Well, that's my vehicle assessment, hope it helps!

You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit.
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224955
04/14/06 12:24 PM
04/14/06 12:24 PM
Jimmy Buffer Offline
Underboss
Jimmy Buffer  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra:
[quote]Originally posted by McCluskey:
[b] Does somebody know any cheats for the PS2 version? I am pretty impatient...
I'm normally a cheater myself, but this is one game I'm not cheating on, lol. It takes time, yes, but just remember to save at the local safehouse before doing a warehouse run, and you should be fine.

Cheating on "The Godfather", bah! Infamia! [/b][/quote]Did anyone else find the warehouses and hubs to be just as easy if not easier than some of the businesses and rackets. Even the compounds were made simpler by the fact that they gave you plenty of cover and you knew exactly where every single member of the enemy was hiding. When you take over businesses and rackets, there is always a different number of people protecting it, even when it is the same family. Also, they are usually posted in the best places for cover, so you pretty much have to duck behind your car or run them over, which can be pretty tricky sometimes. Also if you get shot a couple times, you're basically guranteed to get at least one health while taking over warehouses and hubs, while that only occassionally happens when taking over businesses and rackets.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224956
04/14/06 12:33 PM
04/14/06 12:33 PM
La Cosa Nostra Offline
Wiseguy
La Cosa Nostra  Offline
Wiseguy
What I don't like is with some of the businesses, there's the guys waiting across the street who ambush you. But yea, compounds especially, they're actually pretty easy. Better still if you can get off headshots or have a street sweeper. Man that thing rules! Anyways...plus the wall conceal works wonders. The best thing about compounds: you can bomb one building, and if the response men, that is, the men who try to ambush you when you're running out of the building to escape the bomb, if they ice you, you can come back and only have to deal with one building instead of two.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224957
04/14/06 01:34 PM
04/14/06 01:34 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
...all you have to do is get yourself killed and your vendetta will automatically drop. ... There is absolutely no meaningful punishment or consequence for getting killed.
Yeah, but... if you get killed, you gotta start the job over again! I have no problem paying off the FBI guy - $3k is a small price to pay compared to the benefits of taking down a warehouse/hub...

What I don't like about the Full Health cheat is that it doesn't always work - at least on the PC version.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224958
04/14/06 06:51 PM
04/14/06 06:51 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra:
Those cars go just as fast as all the others, except that they're the only ones who are driving them full out, lol.

Car types:

Roadster - Fastest car available. It's the one with the long nose front and the fin-tail on the back.

Single-hatchback - Moderatly fast. It has the heavy-bumper front, and occassionally comes in two-tones, which seem to be a bit faster than the standard ones. Only thing faster is the roadster.

Double-hatchback - i.e. the car with the two-door back as opposed to the trunk-style. This is the most common car it would seem, and is a bit slower than the single.

Truck - Slow as molasses, but durable.

Freight truck - haven't driven any yet...tried to hijack a few, only thing that happens so far is some rival button men come out blasting. Although you can net an easy $2K - $4K in a money bag. Just take the money and run. I haven't been able to interrogate a driver yet, but I'll try again. Hitting a truck or shooting or punching it at an intersection, will spook the driver and make the truck speed off, heedless of who he hits, so you're gonna have to use your car as a rolling roadblock. Eventually the driver will stop and the button men will come out. Oh, and the trucks are color-coded, so don't mess with the black ones, those are yours.

Taxis, Police cars, etc.: Taxis I haven't driven that much, and the Police cars seem about as fast as their regular counterparts. I don't know for sure though.

Well, that's my vehicle assessment, hope it helps!
They're absolutely faster than anything else. I was driving the roadster full out and getting bumped by other gangsters in sedans. It was rediculous.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224959
04/19/06 10:27 AM
04/19/06 10:27 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

I was reading through the game guide and a weak spot of some of the business owners is "Reasoning/Intimidating."

Have any of you figured out how to do this?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224960
04/21/06 07:14 PM
04/21/06 07:14 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Well you can grab them, or punch them, or bust up the shop. The reasoning is if you hit spacebar before the meter is full your guy will say something and then earn more points or whatever they are.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224961
04/22/06 03:34 AM
04/22/06 03:34 AM
All Over
XJimmy the GentX Offline
Capo
XJimmy the GentX  Offline
Capo
All Over
This is a tip I discovered while playing. It was a perfect ambush spot!

Directions:Where Observer Highway & Newark Street meet there is a save point (The Highway Hotel). Because there is that intersection there , traffic tends to get backed up and trucks keep respawning in that area. So if you have a shotgun (I sprung for the streetsweeper) you can just take out truck after truck and just rack up the cash. Your soldiers are close enough that they will join the fight. What's even better, is that if you pay off the cops they will be in that intersection patrolling and helping fight the guys in the trucks! I made alot of money off this trick which helped me buy out alot of businesses.

"A parola d'onuri vale sangue"
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224962
04/23/06 06:43 PM
04/23/06 06:43 PM
england
anthony lee Offline
Made Member
anthony lee  Offline
Made Member
england
I was told that you needed all businesses to get become don of nyc but i had 3 businesses n 2 warehouses left wen i became don of nyc i was confused now am 97.5% complete i need the safes n film reels now but to be honest i cant be bothered lol

IN MY HOME!IN MY BEDROOM WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS!where my children come to play with their toys...
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224963
04/24/06 07:23 AM
04/24/06 07:23 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Has anyone been able to strangle (not garrote) someone? Every time I try my guy just pushes the gangster away. Do you have to sneak up on them like with the garrote?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224964
04/24/06 10:18 AM
04/24/06 10:18 AM
LI, NY
ConnieCorleone Offline
Wiseguy
ConnieCorleone  Offline
Wiseguy
LI, NY
I actually use this a lot.
Lock on and press and hold your strangle button (X on the PC).

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224965
04/24/06 11:14 AM
04/24/06 11:14 AM
Upstate NY
Ballsy McDuff Offline
Wiseguy
Ballsy McDuff  Offline
Wiseguy
Upstate NY
I strangled a bunch of guys near the end when I had my attributes up high and I found a family member in an alleyway or something, it was easier than pulling out the gun and starting that scene. On ps2, you just target them and hold down L3 and R3 until the meter runs out.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224966
04/26/06 07:28 AM
04/26/06 07:28 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
I must be doing something wrong, everytime I grab somebody and press x, my guy pushes them away. Maybe I need to get my fighting level up, I neglected it this time around. I need to strangle somebody though, it's the only execution I haven't done yet.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224967
04/30/06 12:29 PM
04/30/06 12:29 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
I was reading through the game guide and a weak spot of some of the business owners is "Reasoning/Intimidating."

Have any of you figured out how to do this?
I accidentally figured it out. I usually don't buy out rackets but I accidentally pressed the wrong button and bought out a racket owner whose weak spot, according to the game guide, was "Reasoning/Intimidating" and I got the Weak Spot Bonus for that racket.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224968
04/30/06 05:44 PM
04/30/06 05:44 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Buying out rackets, when it's offered, gives you the maximum weekly return you can get from that business...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224969
05/01/06 10:08 AM
05/01/06 10:08 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

No, I know that JG, but all these business owners and racket owners have weak spots that allow you to yield a weekly take larger than the usual maximum. The usual maximum is the max take if you don't extort him with his "weak spot" method.

For the particular racket owner that I bought out, his usual maximum was $2,400 (according to the game guide). By buying him out, my weekly take from him is $3,000.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224970
05/01/06 11:35 AM
05/01/06 11:35 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Good point, Douche! Ah, who needs money in this game? $150k for a safehouse, $450k for a weapon... piece of cake!

I completed ALL the missions, took over ALL of Little Italy, Brooklyn, and NJ... Have ALL safehouses... eliminated ALL of the Tattaglia & Stracci properties... two compounds... completed most of the hits... Have two Level 3 weapons, the others are still Level 2... and am relatively broke now. BUT - my weekly is over $100k so another compound, plus more Barzini businesses will put me right back up in the money again...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224971
05/01/06 12:39 PM
05/01/06 12:39 PM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Good point, Douche! Ah, who needs money in this game? ... my weekly is over $100k so another compound, plus more Barzini businesses will put me right back up in the money again...

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224972
05/01/06 12:41 PM
05/01/06 12:41 PM
UK
UK_Don Offline
Made Member
UK_Don  Offline
Made Member
UK
Geoff
When talking about ambushing you say your boys will help you out in a fire-fight.
I'm underboss but never seem to have anyone with me watching my back.
Any idea why? and how I get them?
Cheers

Big Phil
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224973
05/01/06 01:34 PM
05/01/06 01:34 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I have been in ambushes/mob wars in parks, etc, and I have seen them come and help. Pretty rare for me so far, tho...

The Corleone guys will always help you out if you're in or in front of or close to a Corleone-run business... this is a perfect place to block in a racket truck. They'll do most of the work for you...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224974
05/13/06 09:55 PM
05/13/06 09:55 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Online shocked
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Online Shocked
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
How do you end a Mob War? I keep taking over businesses and starting Mob Wars and I think when I lose them they get back some of the businesses that I've already taken over

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224975
05/13/06 10:09 PM
05/13/06 10:09 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

pay off an FBI agent, its like 3000...thats the easiest way that i remember

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224976
05/14/06 12:05 AM
05/14/06 12:05 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Online shocked
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Online Shocked
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Yeah I FINALLy got it. Thanks DMC. Has anyone beat the game yet? I've become a Don and am in the process of taking over everyplace in the game. I think I only need to rub out Hell's Kitchen now before that's done

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* #224977
05/14/06 07:42 PM
05/14/06 07:42 PM
D
Dario Offline
Wiseguy
Dario  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Ohi I'm near to became Don but I get something strange....
On a passage to underground, around a warehouse near the highway from Little Italy to Hell's Kitchen I found a gang never seen, they wear some red uniform like hotels worker..they fire at me in order to defend their money in the box...who the hell they are??

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull