GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,315
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224746
03/22/06 12:41 PM
03/22/06 12:41 PM
DJGodfather Offline
Button
DJGodfather  Offline
Button
Got he game yesterday and so far- really like it. Their is a ton to do besides just doing the missions.

As stated in a previous thread- was dissapointed w/ how they did Michael's character. The voice and look are not their- however that would be my only downside to the game.

Worth it for all Godfather fans.

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224747
03/22/06 02:17 PM
03/22/06 02:17 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I just took over Louis' Restaurant in the Bronx!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224748
03/22/06 02:36 PM
03/22/06 02:36 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
How was the veal?

Hey Cardi - Did you get a chance to play it last night?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224749
03/22/06 04:56 PM
03/22/06 04:56 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

My brother got it for me. I'm gonna play it now.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224750
03/22/06 05:00 PM
03/22/06 05:00 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
After waiting a year for this game, I must wait one more day.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224751
03/22/06 06:23 PM
03/22/06 06:23 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I made it to the safehouse!

I MADE IT TO THE SAFEHOUSE!!

I MADE IT TO THE SAFEHOUSE!!!

OK, that may not be a noteworthy issue for you guys but for someone who it took one hour to just set up the game console (after two panicked calls to Lori's son for help) thats quite an accomplishment.

The graphics are pretty awesome.

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224752
03/22/06 06:25 PM
03/22/06 06:25 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Wow, you bought a console just to play the game? Now THAT is dedication, folks!! Which one did you get, PS2 or X-Box? I can see it now... a month from now you'll be all over Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224753
03/22/06 06:27 PM
03/22/06 06:27 PM
Jimmy Buffer Offline
Underboss
Jimmy Buffer  Offline
Underboss
I have to agree with people that the game is very good. Now, I'm not the gamer I was 4-5 years ago in my college days, so I don't have much to go on, but it is sure fun to play.

One thing I don't really like though, is the fact that you lose absolutely nothing when you die trying to accomplish a mission or take over a racket. At least not that I can see anyways. When I die, I still have all my money, weapons, respect points, etc. This game isn't really a matter of if you can beat it, it's merely a matter of how long it takes. I used to like games where you had to wonder if you were every going to finish it.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224754
03/22/06 06:35 PM
03/22/06 06:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Wow, you bought a console just to play the game? Now THAT is dedication, folks!! Which one did you get, PS2 or X-Box? I can see it now... a month from now you'll be all over Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty!!
No....I already had a PS2 (sitting in the bottom of my tv cabinet collecting dust. I tried the GTA last year but kept driving the stupid car up on the sidewalk running over the hookers).

I'm really not into these games (I only have three others) but thats mostly because I don't really know how to play them (or have the patience to learn). I mainly got this one simply because its "The Godfather" (and I bought the instruction book for the same reason). I'll take my time trying to learn the moves because I want to see how the game plays out (as I said the graphics look pretty damned good).

I wanna hook it up through my sound system (it sounds good through the stereo tv but I wanna let it rip).

55 and too damned old for this stuff.

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224755
03/22/06 06:50 PM
03/22/06 06:50 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
Im gunna try to convince my mom to take me to EB games today but the chances are slim. Im so hyped up I cant take it.

"Well at first like everybody else I, I was a soldier."
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224756
03/22/06 06:54 PM
03/22/06 06:54 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
55 and too damned old for this stuff.
You're never too old, SC!

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224757
03/22/06 08:17 PM
03/22/06 08:17 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Great game! Though the controls take a little time to get used to I love it, especially since you can create and edit your appearance.

I just finished the Paulie Gatto mission.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224758
03/22/06 08:47 PM
03/22/06 08:47 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I got it!

Hey, how's it going?
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224759
03/22/06 09:22 PM
03/22/06 09:22 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
If any of you have the PC version, it'd be interesting to see what your characters look like - try to post them! (I suppose that can't be done w/ a console version, right? Maybe a digital camera might catch it well enough...?)

I was supposed to get my stuff from EA today, but it never showed... :rolleyes:

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224760
03/22/06 09:27 PM
03/22/06 09:27 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Since I couldn't get the look of Jef Costello down the way I wanted to from Le Samourai, I made mine to look like Vincent from Collateral, only with brown hair. Maybe later on I'll do the gray look just for fun. :p

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224761
03/22/06 09:52 PM
03/22/06 09:52 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
My guy ended up looking like Willie Cicci. He's wearing a silver, pin-striped suit, with a matching fedora. He also has sun-glasses, and a little facial hair on his chin. The resemblance is almost uncanny, and it was completely by accident!

The Barzini's are REAL sons of bitches! They're the toughest gang in the game, and they can take a hell of a beating. I unloaded an entire clip from my Tommy gun on one guy, and it took him down to his knees!

Robbing banks is fun too! You pay off the cop standing outside, walk in, try and make it past the guards without them calling for back up, plant the dynamite on the safe, and run like the dickens! Then you rush into the safe, grab all the loot, and haul ass back to your safe house. You'll usually end up with a $50,000 score.

My favorite method of killing is throwing people in a pizza oven, although pushing them off of roofs is plenty of fun, as well.

Quote:
How was the veal?
Never found out. I threw the cook in the oven.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224762
03/23/06 02:45 PM
03/23/06 02:45 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Rich Reed, head writer at xboxsolution.com (and my roommate at the EA event), just posted his exclusive interview with GF Executive Producer David DeMartini (whom I also had dinner with) -- check it out!

I will also be tracking down and posting links to more reviews made by those who've attended the EA event, so keep checking back...!

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224763
03/23/06 03:51 PM
03/23/06 03:51 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Grrr! I keep dying every time I try to take over the Tattaglia compound!

Tattaglia may be a pimp, and he may be unable to outfight Santino. But he's kicking my ass!

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224764
03/24/06 12:17 PM
03/24/06 12:17 PM
PA
R Reed Offline
Wiseguy
R Reed  Offline
Wiseguy
PA
Quote:
Rich Reed, head writer at xboxsolution.com (and my roommate at the EA event), just posted his exclusive interview with GF Executive Producer David DeMartini (whom I also had dinner with) -- check it out!

I will also be tracking down and posting links to more reviews made by those who've attended the EA event, so keep checking back...!
Thanks for the plug I noticed you did not talk about the roommate that is okay I just hope the wake up calls at odd hours did not ruin the trip for you
For the member that is trying to take over the compound you may not have enough attribute points yet? Let me know if you have any questions or need some help. I will try to help if its okay with The Don?

"All The World Can Be A Stage"
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224765
03/24/06 12:49 PM
03/24/06 12:49 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Hey Rich! Thanks for stopping by!

Feel free to help all you want
I won't be able to start playing the game until later tonight!

P.S. Wow, you're a Rush fan, too?? I have a crappy site for them, too!

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224766
03/24/06 01:07 PM
03/24/06 01:07 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by R Reed:

For the member that is trying to take over the compound you may not have enough attribute points yet? Let me know if you have any questions or need some help. I will try to help if its okay with The Don?
Thanks for the offer, R Reed!

Fortunately, though, I've succeeded in taking over those Tattaglia pimps. You were right, though. My attributes were nowhere near as high as they should have been. Now they're upgraded to my satisfaction, and I have the "Dillinger" machine gun, so I'm cutting guys down left to right.

BTW everybody. I've finished all the main story missions. I only received the "Underboss" ending, because I still have 3 more family compounds to take down before I become the Don.

I won't spoil anything, but I will say this: The final mission is incredible!

But now I must address a few complaints I have concerning the story: (SPOILER ALERT!!! READ AT OWN DISCRETION!)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

For anyone playing this game that has never actually seen the film (and trust me, there will be a lot of them), they will be a bit thrown off by the story. For one, they won't know why Sonny was ambushed on the causeway. There is no funeral for the Don. One mission, he's alive. Then all of a sudden, he's dead. They won't know what caused Don Vito's death. That clever twist in the film where we find out Tessio is the traitor is non-existent. You're just told one mission that he was setting up Michael, and he has to be whacked. In short, and I hate saying this, but you will not be getting that full Godfather experience.

But then again, maybe this is all a ploy by EA to make gamers want to see the film. Maybe they knew that if they left certain parts out, that the gamer would be wondering "why this happened" or "why that happened", and so they'd immediately go out and purchase the film. Who knows!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*-*-*-*-*-*END SPOILER*-*-*-*-*-*

Now here's what I'm loving. I've completed the story missions, and yet I still have so much left to do. EA could have very easily skimped on the extortion bits of the game, but they made it really fun to do. So far, I've extorted over 45 business, and 25 rackets, and I'm still not bored with it. It doesn't feel monotanous.

Also, driving around the city is fun, too. Now I've played a lot of games that have tried to emulate that "living, breathing world" schtick that the GTA games have pulled off, and most of them have failed miserably. Let's take Mafia, for example. Sure, they give you a "free-roam" when you beat the game, but you have absolutely no incentive to drive around the city. There is absolutely nothing to do. In short, it doesn't feel like a "living, breathing world."

What most people seem to overlook is the extreme importance of providing the player with that aformentioned "world", in this type of game. If they're gonna be devoting 40+ hours of their lives to a game, then the world in which they are exploring ABSOLUTELY HAS TO FEEL ALIVE!

The Godfather pulls this feeling off extremely well. There's plenty of traffic, you hear the city-folk going on about their lives and what not, you've got a ton of business and rackets to take over. It's an incredible feeling. Another little touch I like is how you have newspapers being blown around by cars that are driving by. How the birds fly in formation, and how when one bird swoops down, they all follow it's lead. It's little touches like that that make you feel absolutely immersed in this world.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, I actually feel like I'm in "1940's New York." I don't think it's important to have a "brick-by-brick" reproduction of New York from that era. As long as it "feels" like it, that's what matters.

I've heard a few complaints on how the "Godfather Love Theme" is overused in the game. Well I for one never got tired of it. It just adds to the game, IMO. And because it's such a great piece of music, I didn't mind hearing it all the time.

I love using the "BlackHand" fighting techniques to take down my enemies. I'll usually shoot em in the kneecaps to put em down, and then I'll run up to em and either pull off a "quick execution", beat the snot out of em, or stangle em to death. I also like sneaking up behind the enemies and garroting them.

I'm also a sadist in this game. I'll walk up to random innocent people and just toss em into the street.

Here's some advice for when you wanna get ready to take over a warehouse or (especially) a compound. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF AMMO, YOU'VE UPGRADED YOUR STATS A GREAT DEAL, AND THAT YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE LEVEL 2 OR LEVEL 3 WEAPON! AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 2 BOMBS, AND A FULL SUPPLY OF DYNAMITE AND MOLOTOVS! If you have all of those, things should go rather smoothly.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll come back and add things I forgot to mention. For those who braved this long ass review, thanks for reading! And enjoy the game!

Final rating: 9/10

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224767
03/24/06 01:12 PM
03/24/06 01:12 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Great review!

So you can still become Don after the story parts are completed? That's cool...!

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224768
03/24/06 02:25 PM
03/24/06 02:25 PM
PA
R Reed Offline
Wiseguy
R Reed  Offline
Wiseguy
PA
You can spend 100+ hours playing the game and not see everything. David DeMartini played the final version and spent well over that to get every part and see everything. I know the way EA threw in another story with in the Godfather is confusing but at the same time they did this for a reason. While it would have been cool to see the funeral help with the hit and the other thigs you mentioned. You have the best of both worlds at least that is wat I think so far since you now play in he stories you know and other things some from the book and some writen just for the game. They blended them well but die-hard fans of the movie are going to expect certain things.

I know they stressed that the game was made for fans and those who never saw the game nice review. There are a lot of hidden areas as well and they really did take time to give gamers the best of the Godfather without it being like most movie games I think that angle would have made this project fail this way gives the gamer a few more options but that is just my take so far.

"All The World Can Be A Stage"
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224769
03/24/06 05:47 PM
03/24/06 05:47 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Since I couldn't get the look of Jef Costello down the way I wanted to from Le Samourai
Hmmm...I made my guy look exactly like him. Wasn't very hard.

I even got the black suit and gray hat down. I'm disappointed they don't have raincoats in the game, or I'd give him a beige one, like he wears in the movie.

[img]http://www.thegline.com/cgi-bin/t.php?pic=../dvd-of-the-week/images/2003/samourai106.jpg[/img]

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224770
03/25/06 01:37 AM
03/25/06 01:37 AM
Reigle9 Offline
Associate
Reigle9  Offline
Associate
How do you know if your video/sound card is up to par? I bought the PC version and I'm unable to install it. I put it in, and it's like my comp doesn't even know I put it in. It does nothing. My computer is well over the recommended requirements for everything except the card, beacuse I have no idea what I have.

I got pissed off and went and bought the ps2 version too beacuse I've been waiting for it to come out for what seems like two years now. I'm stuck with the PC version, so I want to figure out what I need to do.

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224771
03/25/06 05:03 AM
03/25/06 05:03 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Reigle9:
How do you know if your video/sound card is up to par?
There are a few links to HERE to test your system.... I had to get a new video card myself, and since, it's been working just fine...

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224772
03/25/06 05:56 PM
03/25/06 05:56 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Ugh, this gaming shit gets expensive, huh? I gotta return the game pad I bought last week at Wal-Mart cuz it didn't work with this game, so I had to order another one....

Here's the official list for supported gamepad controllers for The Godfather game:
  • Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
  • Logitech Rumblepad 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad
  • Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
  • Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3
  • Thrustmaster Firestorm Wireless Gamepad
  • Saitek P990 Dual Analog Gamepad
  • Saitek P2600 Rumble Gamepad
  • Saitek P2900 Wireless Gamepad
  • Saitek P3000 Wireless Gamepad
  • Microsoft Universal Controller
  • Mad Catz PC Con™
  • Playstation 2 Controller (via Adapter -- only some adapters are supported)
  • Xbox Controller (via Adapter -- only some adapters are supported)
  • Nyko Airflo EX

Not really sure if that's an exhaustive list - why wouldn't any dual-analog controller work is beyond me, but, I couldn't get it to work. Ordered the "Logitech Rumblepad 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad" from TigerDirect even tho this game doesn't support the vibration feature....

Back to the mouse/keyboard combo!

Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224773
03/25/06 07:26 PM
03/25/06 07:26 PM
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
don papa Offline
Made Member
don papa  Offline
Made Member
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
hello, one and all! most of you don't know me (i've been quiet since 2003), but i'm back!

JGeoff, did you finally receive your game? my husband just bought the simple version today, and it's on sale at $29.99 -- only until March 28! he bought it at Fry's Electronics, but i don't think there's a Fry's Electronics elsewhere but Phoenix.

he's so thrilled with the game that he keeps laughing at all his extortion and mauling!

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again!" - Don Vito to Sonny

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking." - Michael to Vincent
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224774
03/25/06 07:45 PM
03/25/06 07:45 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I just noticed Mama Corleone is around the Corleone home and in the kitchen. Awesome.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: THE GODFATHER: THE GAME - & Me at EA #224775
03/25/06 08:32 PM
03/25/06 08:32 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
I just noticed Mama Corleone is around the Corleone home and in the kitchen. Awesome.
My brother actually beat her up! What a fucking prick.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull