GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, BarrettM, VitoCahill), 65 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,760
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
You won't belive the things i've seen... #24451
10/23/01 07:17 PM
10/23/01 07:17 PM
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
D
Don Noledge Offline OP
Underboss
Don Noledge  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Etc etc ect...

Anyway, I've watched both GF1 and GF2 and half of GF3 with commentry, and have noticed several things...

In General:

1) Its really hard to concentrate listening to the commentry, when you've got such great films going on in the background.

2) 'The Godfather Family: A Look Inside' documentry is a lot longer than the version that comes with the PAL Trilogy. It contains bits like discussing how they pulled off the killing of Luchessi etc.

The Godfather:

1) Durring the scene before Sollozzo's killing, where they discuss about the toilet etc, you see Rocco at the table as well. I never knew it was him there.

2) Although mentioned on the commentry, when Vito shows Johnny Fontain out of his office, we an extra walk onto the frame, and then back off as soon as she sees Vito (Marlon).

The Godfather: Part II:

1) At the senate hearing, when Pentangeli sees his brother, we can see Rocco sitting next to Kay. I never noticed him there before.

2) After the hit at Lake Tahoe, we see a shot of a man walking with two bodyguards. Untill I heard the commentry, I never knew it was Michael. I always thought it was Rocco coming to tell Michael that they'd found the hitmen.

3) Although this is pointed out in the commentry, this is the first time i've noticed it. During Roth's birthday party, we see his cake being carved up, which is symbolic, as he is carving up his empire to those around him.

4) The hospital where Roth is taken to is not above the Presidential Palace. When the troops first heard about the rebel takeover, they went to Batista for orders. He told them to go and get "his old freind and assoicate" Hyman Roth out of the hospital and on to a private boat.

5) At the meeting with Roth, and Michael and the golden telephone etc, we see Questat sitting behind Roth. I know someone else pointed this out some time ago, but this is the first time i've noticed it.

6) At the senate hearing, its Questat who asks all the questions e.g. "Willyou come forward and be sworn sir?" and the way he tries to stop Michael reading his statement.

7) Some mistakes on JGeoff's transcript. Geary does say "squeeze" and not "squeal" as I thought. But Fredo says "Belt you right in the teeth" not "Cheek" as in JGeoff's website.

8) When Connie comes to see Michael at Mama's funeral, the way she kisses his hand is just like a Capo, as she is being accepted into the Family.

9) When she does kiss his hand, you can see he still has his wedding ring on. So he either hasn't got divorced from Kay yet, or is just keeping it on as a memory.

10) In the final flashback, when Fredo congratulates Mike and goes to shake his hand, see how coldly Tom looks at Fredo. After Sonny throws his hand away, Fredo looks to Tom for support, but only gets a cold stare.

11) In the final shot of Michael in Tahoe, we can he still has his wedding band on. So if this is set several years after Fredo's murder, why is he still wearing it. It's either that he never got divored untill 1971 (its been 8 years ((GF3))-) or he's just wearing it as a memory.

The Godfather: Part III:

1) When Vincent shoots the seconf masked intruder, the bullet is supposed to go through his hand and then neck, but if you play it slowly, you can see that it hits him in the shoulder. Why would this kill him?

2) When Mike and Altobello take a car ride, and Mike tells him to call a meeting, I never noticed that Neri was in the car untill i saw the DVD version. Was he seen in the other versions, or is it just me?

3) When Michael as a diabetic stroke in the litchen, there are oranges on the table and in a bowl on the side.

4) Altobello tries to save Michael at the helicopter hit. First he tries to get Michael to come with him. Then in a deleted scene he bursts through the door, screaming and shooting, but is dragged back out by some bodyguards and they then put the handcuffs on the door. Also the way he tries to stop Michael from persuing Immobilaire "too difficult now". I believe that although Altobello was in with Zaza and Luchessi, he really loved Michael, and kept trying to save him.

5) At the helicopter hit, it isn't Neri who gets shot when Mike and Vincent run out. Its just some extra, who Vincent uses as a sheild. Neri sort of goes off the frame to the left. In the original shooting script, Vincent gets in a lift with a waiter, knocks him out and then steals his uniform so that he can get into a limo. Neri is nowhere to be seen. I just assume he found his own way home, as not to attract attention to Michael.

6) At the opening party, when Michael says "I'm just off to the kitchen, to hear some Tony Bennet records!" as he walks with B.J, we see B.J walk into a little girl, who looks as if shes about to cry! Altobello and FFC's mom who are sitting near, look at Mike and B.J very coldly...

--------------------------------------------------

Well thats it, my recent findings from veiwing the DVD's...

wink

noledge

"If you win you win. If you lose you still win. Theres no way you can lose." Joey - Raging Bull
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24452
10/23/01 07:30 PM
10/23/01 07:30 PM
Pittsburgh
L
Liz Skywalker Offline
Underboss
Liz Skywalker  Offline
L
Underboss
Pittsburgh
Originally posted by noledge24:
1) Its really hard to concentrate listening to the commentry, when you've got such great films going on in the background.

the commentary is going on at the same time as the movies???? that must be real hard! ya mean you can't turn it off????

eek

"Bacio tua mano."

"But...it was so artistically done."
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24453
10/23/01 07:34 PM
10/23/01 07:34 PM
D
Don Noledge Offline OP
Underboss
Don Noledge  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Yeah, you can turn it off. You just select it during setup, or just press the audio button durring the actual film...

noledge

"If you win you win. If you lose you still win. Theres no way you can lose." Joey - Raging Bull
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24454
10/23/01 07:36 PM
10/23/01 07:36 PM
Pittsburgh
L
Liz Skywalker Offline
Underboss
Liz Skywalker  Offline
L
Underboss
Pittsburgh
Yeah, you can turn it off. You just select it during setup, or just press the audio button durring the actual film...

noledge

whew. got me scared there for a sec. smile

"Bacio tua mano."

"But...it was so artistically done."
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24455
10/23/01 09:53 PM
10/23/01 09:53 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
Happy Birthday MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Seems like Rocco is like the guy whos always in the pictures.... wink

Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24456
10/24/01 01:04 AM
10/24/01 01:04 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
"The Godfather Family" now contains commentary from Duvall that wasn't in the earlier version. Also, notice in "The GF Family" that Coppola is serving Tignanello wine to his discussion-mates. That's a real expensive "super-Tuscan." By contrast, Don Corleone laid on el-cheapo Bolla Valpolicella for the other Dons at their meeting to discuss the drug traffic. Of course, he wasn't about to serve pearls before pimps...

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24457
10/24/01 01:26 AM
10/24/01 01:26 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Don Corleone laid on el-cheapo Bolla Valpolicella for the other Dons

Woah! Bolla Valpolicella was awesome back in high school when I was stealing it from my folks' cellar! grin And in retrospect (besides the drunken teenageness) it was really good, too. These days I enjoy a nice Chianti with Italian food, but I wouldn't hesitate a nice Val or Bardolino...

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24458
10/24/01 01:29 AM
10/24/01 01:29 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

7) Some mistakes on JGeoff's transcript. Geary does say "squeeze" and not "squeal" as I thought. But Fredo says "Belt you right in the teeth" not "Cheek" as in JGeoff's website.

Thanks for reminding me - the GF2 transcript was transcribed by someone else, and I had only gotten about a quarter of the way through it. There are lots of errors in it. I gotta finish that up; the other two should be pretty darn close, though grin

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24459
10/24/01 08:11 AM
10/24/01 08:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by J Geoff:

These days I enjoy a nice Chianti with Italian food

Don't tell me you like that with fava beans! eek

[Linked Image]

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24460
10/24/01 07:44 PM
10/24/01 07:44 PM
Decatur GA USA
V
Vanessa Offline
Wiseguy
Vanessa  Offline
V
Wiseguy
Decatur GA USA
Noledge,

I agree about Altobello. In the deleted scenes he tried to warn all of the Dons and not just Michael before he was dragged out of the room by his bodyguards. With the scene out, it seems as if Altobello really is a deceitful old man (although 'man' wasn't the word Michael used blush ). With the scene in, Altobello does seem like the peacemaker he says he is. It seems as if he didn't know that it was going to be a hit.

Vanessa
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24461
10/24/01 10:27 PM
10/24/01 10:27 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
the man was a dog and should ahve been dragged thru the streets, not given sweets.....

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24462
10/25/01 12:54 AM
10/25/01 12:54 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
LOL, SC!!
And Geoff, since you're the Don, you ought to move up to Tignanello--only buttons drink Bolla. Just tell FFC that since he's a big CA producer now, you'll be glad to take the Tignanello off his hands and save him the embarrassment of having to explain all those furrin' wines in his cellar.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: You won't belive the things i've seen... #24463
11/04/01 10:30 PM
11/04/01 10:30 PM
Germany
C
Corleone, Vito Offline
Wiseguy
Corleone, Vito  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Germany
I think Altobello just wanted to make the others think it wasn't him.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull