GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Brovelli, 1 invisible), 235 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Latest on The Godfather game #222974
01/15/05 03:42 PM
01/15/05 03:42 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
From IGN.com

Godfather Goes GTA
EA promises free roaming world and human drama for movie to game conversion.
By Anoop Gantayat
January 14, 2005 - Electronic Arts' surprising plans to convert The Godfather to the videogame scene have remained shrouded in secrecy since the project's March unveiling, and even then not much was said. But someone managed to get the big scoop on the game. In what's sure to be a silly bit of game trivia years from now (or maybe one of the first signs of EA's intents on the Japanese market), Japan's most popular game magazine, Weekly Famitsu, got the first word on what we can expect of the title. We, of course, picked up the magazine and put our Japanese dictionaries through the paces to bring you a full report.

EA has entrusted senior producer Hunter Smith with this license -- sure to be one of the years most scrutinized movie to game conversions. Smith has worked on the 007 and Road Rash franchises, and in comments with the magazine, he promises a movie-to-game conversion of a flavor completely different from existing movie-to-game products (many of which are released by EA in the first place).
Smith isn't going at the game alone, of course. Currently, 120 people are working on the title, with EA expecting that number to rise to 200 leading up to the final development stages. Definitely the makings of a big game.

IGN hinted in initial reports that EA may take a GTA-style open world approach with The Godfather, and sure enough, that's turned out to be the case. The game takes place in New York's Little Italy during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Players move freely through a virtual re-creation of the movie's setting, taking on missions as they see fit.

As an original member of the Corleone family, your goal is to earn respect by successfully clearing missions, rising up in the family ranks. Your character is your own creation. Although EA hasn't revealed specifics, it's promising some revolutionary new way of character creation -- something that hasn't been been done before. We'll leave the speculation to you for now.

Missions feature the expected gun-and-car sequences. Gun sequences, where you exchange fire with enemies, can get tricky, as enemies will take hostages to keep you from shooting them. Get close to enemies, and you can strike them with your gun and even make use of sticks, in case bullets aren't your thing. Car chase scenes allow you to drive around Little Italy, firing as you navigate the roads.

EA had wanted to make an open-ended game for some time, Smith reveals. He acknowledges that open-ended crime-themed games are having big success in the market right now, but points out that they lack story. "We wanted to make a title with the same [style of] open world, but with a strong background, one where you build human relationships while creating your own story," comments Smith, revealing how Godfather may stand out from the current pack headed up by Grand Theft Auto.

Smith and his team plan to take the virtual world design one step further by adding memory to the world. The characters who appear in the game all have a past and a daily routine. As an example of character pasts, Smith explains: "If you fight with a character who appears during the game, the next time you meet that character, he'll act in accordance with the memory [of the fight]."

Although the game's story is your own creation, there will be plenty of ties to the movie. Smith cites the famous scene of Corleone getting shot. This scene will appear in the game somewhere. "Actually," Smith adds, "there will be a mission in the game which is related to this scene. It's constructed so that players will appear in the scene and will feel as if they are alive within it."

Just as it is for the movies, story is shaping up to be one of the main points of The Godfather on the small screen. EA states that "human drama" will be the main part of the game. Don't worry -- this doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be waiting through endless movies. Cinematic sequences allow for player interaction, examples involving your coercing people for information and bribing the law. Plus, once the human drama has come to an end, you'll take full control for action sequences without any pauses for loading. The transition to action-based gameplay is meant to be seamless.

The Godfather is still only 15% complete (even the name isn't finalized), but EA hopes to show more of it in February. That gives us plenty of time to watch the DVD box set to make sure we're fully familiar with the world we'll be playing in for EA's latest movie to game conversion.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222975
01/15/05 09:11 PM
01/15/05 09:11 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
Sounds cool, thanks for the info. Maybe in the character creation you can make your own bio varying
your relationship with the don and others. So it seems like its a game crossed between fable and gta, sounds good.

"Well at first like everybody else I, I was a soldier."
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222976
01/16/05 02:01 AM
01/16/05 02:01 AM
Providence, Rhode Island
DonGenco Offline
Button
DonGenco  Offline
Button
Providence, Rhode Island
Wow, thanks man, this game sounds really cool. GTA gameplay set in the world of the Corleones-my ultimate wet dream lol!

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
-Don Vito Corleone to his son, Michael
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222977
01/16/05 06:14 PM
01/16/05 06:14 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
This is sounding really great. It'd be cool if you could design what your character looks like.

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
That gives us plenty of time to watch the DVD box set to make sure we're fully familiar with the world we'll be playing in for EA's latest movie to game conversion.
I think everyone here is familiar enough.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222978
01/16/05 06:25 PM
01/16/05 06:25 PM
Providence, Rhode Island
DonGenco Offline
Button
DonGenco  Offline
Button
Providence, Rhode Island
It would be really cool, although highly unlikely, if you could actually be al neri or willie cicci for a mission to kill barzini or someone. or if you were michael and you had to kill mcklusky and the turk. or if, maybe in a later game, you could play as the young vito and kill fanucci. but they said that you are playing as your own character so you probably won't be doing any of that, but i am sure we will all get plenty of deja vu when playing this game.

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222979
01/20/05 05:01 PM
01/20/05 05:01 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Sounds cool, but I hope you aren't limited to JUST Little Italy. I mean, anyone whos ever been to Manhattan knows Little Italy isn't exactly that big of a place to explore. None the less, I am excited.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222980
01/20/05 05:27 PM
01/20/05 05:27 PM
Providence, Rhode Island
DonGenco Offline
Button
DonGenco  Offline
Button
Providence, Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Sounds cool, but I hope you aren't limited to JUST Little Italy. I mean, anyone whos ever been to Manhattan knows Little Italy isn't exactly that big of a place to explore. None the less, I am excited.
Yeah, I know what you mean-it would be really cool to be able to go to staten island, at the Corleone mall or in Jersey, where Paullie was killed.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222981
01/21/05 10:29 PM
01/21/05 10:29 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Damn this game is actually starting to sound like its going to be fun! They're putting the player in the "Don is Shot" scene? What, is it going to be you that breaks down crying insted of Freddie?

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222982
01/25/05 05:47 PM
01/25/05 05:47 PM
London,UK
kasanova Offline
Made Member
kasanova  Offline
Made Member
London,UK
This game is good in principle, but i just hope it does not dent the reputation of the game by bastardising its legend.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222983
01/25/05 07:18 PM
01/25/05 07:18 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
I understand where you're coming from but if this game sucks how will it change someones opinion about the movie or watching the movie-I know it won't change my views. But anyway, this game is gunna be great.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222984
01/26/05 12:02 AM
01/26/05 12:02 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
I don't know if any of you know this, so I'll pass the word. The upcoming issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly will feature the first hard details on The Godfather, as well as concept images for...get ready for it...the X-box 2 version! My copy of the mag should be coming in the mail in a couple days.

[img]http://www.1up.com/media?id=1436439[/img]
Issue 189 (March 2005)

The Godfather takes center stage -- and EGM has the first concept images of what the Xbox 2 version will look like! The March issue also includes best of 2004 awards and the EGM reviews of Resident Evil 4

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222985
01/26/05 03:43 AM
01/26/05 03:43 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I'm a huge EGM fan and I am actually featured in the magazine from about a year ago. I can't wait till' I get my copy but I have to wait about a week longer since I live in Canada.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222986
01/26/05 08:15 PM
01/26/05 08:15 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
So theres gunna be an xbox 2 version, what about regular xbox?

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222987
01/26/05 08:30 PM
01/26/05 08:30 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
It's confirmed for PS2, X-Box, and X-box 2.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222988
01/27/05 07:25 AM
01/27/05 07:25 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
The game is also coming for PC I guess....or do they disappoint me again.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222989
01/27/05 12:54 PM
01/27/05 12:54 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
If it sells well on consoles (yea right, it's only The Godfather, who watches that any more? :p ), I'm pretty sure it'll come out for PC as well. Look at the GTA games.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222990
01/27/05 08:07 PM
01/27/05 08:07 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
Hey I found a site with summore screenshots
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4204

if you magnify you can see luca on one picture. The city really has that dark part 2 look to it.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222991
01/27/05 11:20 PM
01/27/05 11:20 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Vito looks like he's got melonoma(sp)! Look at his hands! He also looks like he's been dragged through a pete bog. Hopefully they'll work on him a little more (the background looks great!). This seems to be one of the 3 times in your life where you wish you could read Japanese.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222992
01/28/05 05:16 AM
01/28/05 05:16 AM
RizzoInTheBox Offline
Made Member
RizzoInTheBox  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Yeah, I think if they want it to compare to GTA, they're going to have to make the map bigger than just Little Italy. I'm afraid of what the boundaries would be like if they did that.. invisible walls around the map? God, I would hate that.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222993
01/28/05 07:05 PM
01/28/05 07:05 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I wonder if you will go in hiding in Sicily

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222994
01/28/05 07:14 PM
01/28/05 07:14 PM
Ireland
Martin Sbalzi Offline
Button
Martin Sbalzi  Offline
Button
Ireland
Who is the character in the white shirt?

È la paura che tiene ci fedele.
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222995
01/28/05 07:17 PM
01/28/05 07:17 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Sbalzi:
Who is the character in the white shirt?
I dont know but it looks like the main charecter.Perhaps its Michael

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222996
01/28/05 07:29 PM
01/28/05 07:29 PM
Ireland
Martin Sbalzi Offline
Button
Martin Sbalzi  Offline
Button
Ireland
Perhaps. I'd prefer otherwise though.

È la paura che tiene ci fedele.
Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222997
01/28/05 09:53 PM
01/28/05 09:53 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
It's not Michael, Michael did one hit. I'm pretty sure its the main character but it said you can create your own.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222998
01/28/05 11:49 PM
01/28/05 11:49 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
Another thing they should consider when making this game is the elimination of load times between cities (assuming there will be more than one area.) San Andreas pulled it off, and now I think its something that a lot of the copy-cat games will have to try. But then again, GTA has been the only game of this kind to really have more than one city to go to. It'd be really cool if they made an entire virtual New York City. And as years go by, the cars change, there are slight differences on the buildings. I know in Mafia, when the year changed, the cars got more modernized. Who knows, the good thing is The Godfather video game will have a lot to go by with all the games already released. And they will also know what not to do. Let's hope EA knows what they're doing.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #222999
01/29/05 12:14 AM
01/29/05 12:14 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I am just so grateful that they got our beloved Marlon's voice for this game. Was one of those pic's of Tessio and one of Luca?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #223000
01/31/05 03:43 PM
01/31/05 03:43 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
I got my latest issue of EGM, the one featuring the first hard details on The Godfather videogame. I haven't read the entire article yet, but they have actual gameplay screenshots, and all the screenshots in the story are representative of what The Godfather will look like on Xbox 2. And let me be the first to tell you, it looks absolutely incredible. The in-game graphics are better than most CGI cutscenes you see in videogames nowadays. I'll leave all the hard details in the article for all of you to read when you pick up your copy of the magazine. I just got mine in the mail today, so it probably won't be available on newstands for another week or so. Let me just say, you will all be in for a very pleasant surprise. The wait for this game has just gotten a whole lot more painful....

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #223001
01/31/05 06:04 PM
01/31/05 06:04 PM
Chicago
GoHawks4 Offline
Wiseguy
GoHawks4  Offline
Wiseguy
Chicago
Would you be willing to scan the pages and post them here if at all possible? I don't think I can wait until the issue hits news stands.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #223002
01/31/05 09:02 PM
01/31/05 09:02 PM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
The only thing that would suprise me is online play which is doubtful but one can dream lol.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game #223003
01/31/05 09:33 PM
01/31/05 09:33 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline OP
XDCX  Offline OP
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by GoHawks4:
Would you be willing to scan the pages and post them here if at all possible? I don't think I can wait until the issue hits news stands.
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. Also, I don't know how legal that would be.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull