GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 53 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,731
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Scarface Game [Re: XDCX] #362540
02/08/07 10:51 PM
02/08/07 10:51 PM
your sisters bedroom
manicmontana Offline
BANNED
manicmontana  Offline
BANNED
your sisters bedroom
the last mission is hard as fuck i thought..but i didnt mind the clip when tony finnaly makes it into sosa's living room...and they're arguing about Tony not blowing up the car..i enjoyed that part of the story..but your right xdcx the story line lacks...funny it was the same writer as Blow and American history x

So say goodnight to the bad guy..eh cause its the last time your ever gonna see a bad guy like this again let me tell you/O.K!! im reloaded!!You motherfuckers think your big time!!!Your gonna die big time!!!O.K Here come the pain!!!
Re: Scarface Game [Re: manicmontana] #377195
03/20/07 02:26 AM
03/20/07 02:26 AM
insomniac Offline
On the hunt
insomniac  Offline
On the hunt
Made Member
This game gets too repetitive.

You walkin out on me!!You dont walk out on me..i walk out on you!!!
Re: Scarface Game [Re: XDCX] #398323
06/05/07 07:25 PM
06/05/07 07:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: XDCX
I thoroughly enjoyed Scarface: The World is Yours. It turned out a LOT better than I ever thought it would.

I especially like the fact that you can call for a car, and access your weapons from the trunk. Also, once you buy the Gun Dealer in the Exotics menu...you never have to worry about being unarmed again (if you've got the funds.)

The one thing that REALLY got old, though, was making drug deals, laundering money...pretty much ANYTHING that included that circular meter. I swear...I felt like I was playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour every time I made a drug deal!

The graphics are much better than most open-world, GTA-styled games, and it has a pretty decent soundtrack. The targetting system is FAR better than the system implemented in the GTA series, and the gun sounds are great.

Overall, though, the game was pretty sweet. Hell, if it had been released 5 years ago alongside Vice City, it could have been a contender.

As is, though, the story is somewhat dull, it lacks the overall humor of the GTA series, and I really have no intention of replaying it.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I totally concur with XD here.

The problem with SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS is that there isn't a story. Its like SPIDER-MAN 3, you just have action scenes, ideas, themes and gimmicks, but no compelling STORY to tie it together in a narrative.

I think the charm of the GRAND THEFT AUTO holy trilogy is that each game had its own good story to back up your gameplay: GTA 3 was about a crook wronged by his co-workers who goes out to avenge himself, POINT BLANK style. SAN ANDREAS is a western in a guy coming back home, only to face the same terrors that existed before, but now with an epic and plot-turning script, he has to fight the corrupt police.

With VICE CITY, its truely a SCARFACE story with Tommy Vercetti going to this city and inadvertedly starting himself a criminal empire.

As for SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS, without the movie and character property, its a decent game but one that people won't play again after beating it.

But then with this SCARFACE game, we see why the problem with companies trying to produce their own GTA-inspired games without being mere knock-offs.

The game tries to re-use GTA's own engine of the protagonist talking with and doing jobs for people as you progress. But thing is, why would Tony Montana do all of this? Why not simply pull out a gun and tell people nicely to sell their businesses to him? At least the GTA games poke fun at itself of this sillyness.

Yet, there was a great idea I loved that *is* different from the GTA series, which is the LAUNDERING MONEY function. Good fun, but after the endless coke deals and the fustratingly inconsistent Coke Delivery missions, this innovation seems quaint.

SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS isn't a bad game. I enjoyed playing it, and XD is right, its better than it should be. But I don't have any emotional or serious investment with it after Tony Montana is victorious.

Thing is, it could have worked if there WAS a story. Instead of Montana escaping into the night and never paying for killing his best friend and inadvertedly his sister, its all forgiven. HUH?

But what if Montana becomes a crazy enlightened despot of the Drug Kingpin of Miami, where he tries to help people out with his insanely vast wealth and power. Its like that mission where, in the game its a throw-away notion, but of Montana rescuring slaves being transported from Latin America....you could have made Tony more of a bad guy to root for against the WORSE baddies.

RRA'S VIDEO GAME REVIEW SCORE: ***1/2

Re: Scarface Game [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #398385
06/06/07 02:35 AM
06/06/07 02:35 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I enjoyed it for the most part.The friggin drug dealing got very monotonous though and as a huge fan of the Scarface enterprise i found myself not really wanting to even finish it that badly in the end.Then again on the flip side i seem to get disappointed in games that have been created from an epic film.I.e The Godfather game to me was a bit of a let down too but i did enjoy it more than Scarface.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Scarface Game [Re: J Geoff] #438514
09/23/07 09:37 PM
09/23/07 09:37 PM
xNamexTakenx Offline
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline
El Padrino
Wiseguy
I haven't played this game, yet. But, I'm thinking about buying it. Is it worth buying?

Re: Scarface Game [Re: xNamexTakenx] #438586
09/24/07 08:20 AM
09/24/07 08:20 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Even as a fan of the film...I really can't recommend a purchase. It is worth a rental, though.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull