GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 356 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,320
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Humorous Moments #218163
08/14/05 10:33 PM
08/14/05 10:33 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
Possible spoilers for those who haven't seen all the episodes

They've been running repeats of The Sopranos and although I haven't watched all of the repeats, I do enjoy seeing them a second and third time. I love some of the humor, be it unintentional or not.

Last night they had the episode in which Chrissy sits on Adrianna's dog and kills it. I know! Not a funny thing to happen in real life, but it cracked me up how stoned Chris was and then Adrianna's shocked looked when she asked Chris where the dog was and he said he didn't know. There it is under him.

Then, in the same episode they had the surprise intervention for Chris so he hopefully would acknowledge his drug problem. Adrianna starts the session and sobbingly told Chris that he killed her dog. The look on Tony's face!! He says "Hold it! Wait a minute! You killed a dog?" ha ha ha!! He was pissed and he was serious but it's so Tony!!!

Oh, and this was the same episode that Paulie takes the picture of Pie O' My (the horse) and hangs it in his house, with the scene ending with Paulie staring at the picture of the Tony with the horse, looking kind of freaked as though Tony was staring back at him.

Anyone else laugh at moments that aren't necessarily meant to be funny????

I can't wait for it to return

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Humorous Moments #218164
08/15/05 12:37 AM
08/15/05 12:37 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
That was a good episode

There are so many times when these things happen in the Sopranos. Someone will do something that's part of the story, it will seem so played and serious, but the way it's presented, you laugh to yourself. The situation with Chris and Adriana's dog was a prime example.

One of my favorites is when Tony finds out the guy is sleeping with his old Russian girlfriend and he ends up getting upset and beating the shit out of the guy with a belt. The guy was half naked. That was pretty funny and a good example of Tony's bipolarism.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Humorous Moments #218165
08/15/05 03:56 PM
08/15/05 03:56 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Right, I've just started watching the show again from season one episode one. So I will post here as and when I find these common moments.

Probably not as unintentional as it first may seem, but my first contender is in the Pilot episode: Tony's second panic attack (or, as Livia might say, fit), in the Green Grove retirement home. Livia's complaining, the attention is on her, and Tony just collapses and takes a table with him in the process.

More to come, for sure.
Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Humorous Moments #218166
08/23/05 10:46 PM
08/23/05 10:46 PM
home of the wildcats, kentucky
belle Offline
Wiseguy
belle  Offline
Wiseguy
home of the wildcats, kentucky
I have just finished watching the 3rd season for the second time and I totally cracked up in the episode "Pine Barrens"
Tony goes to Junior's house to meet up with Bobby "Bacala" and the reaction to Bobby's deer hunter getup is too much.

Winegardner sleeps with the fishes.
Re: Humorous Moments #218167
08/24/05 05:52 AM
08/24/05 05:52 AM
Michele Corleone Offline
Made Member
Michele Corleone  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by belle:
I have just finished watching the 3rd season for the second time and I totally cracked up in the episode "Pine Barrens"
Tony goes to Junior's house to meet up with Bobby "Bacala" and the reaction to Bobby's deer hunter getup is too much.
Well, "Pine Barrens" is probably the funniest episode of the series. I was laughing during all scenes with Paulie, Christopher and the Russian guy. Paulie's lines are all-time classics!

Christopher: Louis Brasi sleeps with the fishes.
Sal: LUCA Brasi, Luca.
Re: Humorous Moments #218168
08/24/05 08:47 AM
08/24/05 08:47 AM
Mr.Gribbs Offline
Button
Mr.Gribbs  Offline
Button
Just started watching all episodes over again,and the sketch where Silvio and Paulie have to deal with the Chassiddim Jew,really made me laugh!Silvio tells Paulie that he has to say bubkis to the guy,that´s jewish for no,and Paulie says+ This is how i say bubkis,and smacks the guy almost 10 times on the head,with the little hotel bell!

Chi dorme,non piglia pesce...
Re: Humorous Moments #218169
08/24/05 11:15 AM
08/24/05 11:15 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
I too am at that episode, the third in the show. One of my favourites, actually.

The fight scene in Pine Barrens, in the Russian's flat, is immense.

Another moment I can't stop laughing at is when Paulie takes the pillow from his mother's friend's face, and he's suffocated her. So morbid. It's a humour which evokes the Coens' macabre quirkiness (I'm thinking when the children pull the wig of the corpse in Miller's Crossing).

Mick

Re: Humorous Moments #218170
08/24/05 12:04 PM
08/24/05 12:04 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
The Pine Barrens: and who could forget Paulie and Chrissy freezin to death in the van, eating ketchup packs.

How about Paulie explaining why he washes his hands after he ties his shoes.....because the lace is in close proximity to the floor and germs could get on them....especially in the bathroom.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Humorous Moments #218171
08/24/05 03:49 PM
08/24/05 03:49 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER!!!!! (Season 4 or 5 I think?)

Now I know this wasn't intended to be a humorous moment, and maybe I'm a little sick, I don't know. :p

When Tony whacked Ralphie!! Ha ha I didn't seeing it coming...at least not in that manner. I'll never forget it, being by myself, first shocked and half astonished and half laughing. Of course the way Tony & Chrisopher disposed of him was icing on the cake.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Humorous Moments #218172
08/24/05 05:43 PM
08/24/05 05:43 PM
Mr.Gribbs Offline
Button
Mr.Gribbs  Offline
Button
Also loved the scene where the same Jewish guy i mentioned a few posts ago,is about to get killed by a desperate Silvio and Paulie.This guy starts talking about the Massada,en how 900 Jews defended themselves for 2 years,against 15.000 Romans,rather than to be slaves,they wanted to sacrifice themselves.And then he says:'And where are the Romans now?',and Tony says something like:'You're looking at them right now,asshole' Too funny!!!!

Chi dorme,non piglia pesce...
Re: Humorous Moments #218173
08/25/05 08:51 AM
08/25/05 08:51 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
The Pine Barrens: and who could forget Paulie and Chrissy freezin to death in the van, eating ketchup packs.
"Mix it with the radish!" LMAO!!! It's the way he desperately rustles it about and can't get enough of it.

And then he's been eating Tic-Tacs. "I just found 'em." And that there's none left.

One of a kind episode.
Mick

Re: Humorous Moments #218174
08/25/05 06:43 PM
08/25/05 06:43 PM
Michele Corleone Offline
Made Member
Michele Corleone  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Another moment I can't stop laughing at is when Paulie takes the pillow from his mother's friend's face, and he's suffocated her. So morbid. It's a humour which evokes the Coens' macabre quirkiness.

Mick
Yeah, right on! There are many moments in The Sopranos that have reminded me of Coen brothers' movies, especially Fargo and Miller's crossing. David Chase was definitely influenced by these films. After all, the Coens' speciality is to parody American movie genres using morons as the main characters. And there are a lot of morons in the Sopranos.

Christopher: Louis Brasi sleeps with the fishes.
Sal: LUCA Brasi, Luca.
Re: Humorous Moments #218175
08/26/05 08:16 AM
08/26/05 08:16 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
I've just burst into laughter, Michele, at your signature.

Mick

Re: Humorous Moments #218176
08/29/05 02:23 AM
08/29/05 02:23 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Gribbs:
bubkis.....that´s Jewish for "no"
Point of information:

There is no such language as "Jewish".

There's Hebrew, spoken today primarily in Israel, and Yiddish, which is very similar to German, and was quite popular among European Jews prior to World War II and is pretty much a dying language today, although it is still alive in the large New York City Hasadic community which is comprised largely of European immigrants.

Anyway, "bubkis" is Yiddish, and means "nothing".

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Humorous Moments #218177
08/31/05 09:29 PM
08/31/05 09:29 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Possibly the single funniest thing on "The Sopranos" is when Ralphie made the prank phone call to Nucci Gualtieri, Paulie's mother. It makes me laugh every time I see that episode (Season Four, Episode 9, "Whoever Did This").

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull