GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 384 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,092
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
To Save Us All From Satan's Power #218123
08/09/05 08:50 AM
08/09/05 08:50 AM
Surrey. England. In a house.
Researcher Offline OP
Capo
Researcher  Offline OP
Capo
Surrey. England. In a house.
If you've seen this episode (3.9), you'll know it consists mainly of flashbacks to the past, reviewing Pussy's having 'flipped'.

Does anyone share my opinion that this episode is little more than paranoia and undue suspicion on the part of the characters?

Let's look at the facts. Sopranos was released in 1999; and took place in the present day. The flashbacks date back to I think 1995, where they believe Pussy was flipped.
However, all the evidence points against Pussy having flipped that far back; let's review.

-Pussy says himself that he was only flipped for a "year and a half". He has no reason to lie, as he knows he is a dead man one way or another, he accepts that before he even gets onto the boat (notice his final glance back around the harbour).

-Skip Lipari himself says that Pussy's been "on [the FBI's] tit for eighteen months now". The chances are what he's saying is correct. It is also possible, however, that he has only been serving Skip's particular unit for that amount of time, and for the previous few years was under the supervision of another unit. But in my opinion, this approach is not as likely.

-Vin Makazien claims Pussy was in a Las Vegas FBI building [Episode 1.10 Nobody Knows Anything], but if my memory serves, this was only a year or so ago. The same scenario is used in speculating Pussy flipping earlier, only the date is moved back to '95.

The way things appear, Pussy only did flip a year and a half ago. The speculation supporting his having flipped earlier are very thinly founded, and are no stronger than Pussy arriving in his suit, reacting to playful jabs at his torso, and probing tony for information, reacting badly when the young Christopher interrupts. Most of this, besides, may not have happened, and could have been just fabricated by those remembering it. I could of course, be mistaken, but what do you guys think about this episode?

Re: To Save Us All From Satan's Power #218124
08/09/05 07:41 PM
08/09/05 07:41 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Totally agree, Researcher. This view is also supported by the episode in season 2 where Pussy is murdered. Tony had obviously called up Paulie and Silvio and set up the whole boat thing before he actually found the wire in Pussy's cigar box. He set up a hit on the basis of a talking fish in his fever-induced sleep.

One gets the feeling that ever since the hit, Tony and co try to justify it in their own minds. That whole thing about Pussy being wired up in his Santa suit is just more of it.

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: To Save Us All From Satan's Power #218125
08/10/05 01:39 PM
08/10/05 01:39 PM
Warren, NJ
TSoprano Offline
Wiseguy
TSoprano  Offline
Wiseguy
Warren, NJ
Ok Dr. your correct, but just because Tony set up the hit before finding the actual wire in Pussy's cigar box, doesn't mean he was going to do it regardless. He probably would not have followed through had he not found the wire, or he would have bleed him for information on the boat.

Researcher, you are correct also. Evidence points to the fact Pussy couldn't have flipped back the "year and a half ago" he claimed. Maybe he lied to them about that, considering he may have been trying for the 1% chance of saving his life on that boat. No one really knows. My guess is yes, it probably was their paranoia. Just cause he shows up with the Santa outfeit doesnt mean he was wired.

What I love most about that episode is characterization. Jackie says to Pussy if you need money come to me. Cliche Jackie, cliche behavior that made him the boss. Reaching his hand out when his men need him, offering up help and the appropriate solution. And also Tony telling him not to move that H anymore, characterizing him as the cautious and smart person he is, big reason why he eventually became boss and took the reigns.

Nothing beats the irony in the ending of the episode either when Jackie Jr. kisses Meadow in front of Tony, meanwhile Tony knows just last night be "betrayed his daughter", and ironically, Tony always did and at that time was betraying his own wife with another woman behind her back.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull