GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 394 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dr. Melfi revelation #218096
07/30/05 08:51 PM
07/30/05 08:51 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline OP
Underboss
USA
Hey all! This is my first post in a long while. I been watching the Sopranos alot recently because of the season 5 DVD release, and I cant help but notice Dr. Melfi's somewhat suspicious behavior towards Tony. For example in season 5 ep 1. she obviously dosent want to be "with" Tony, as she rejects him every time he trys to take her to dinner, on a vacation etc. The way she acts, she was frightened when Tony got mad after she rejected him the 2nd time. But yet she still takes him in as a patient? In fact she actually pushes him on to come to therapy. I dont get it. I think there could be a possibility that Chase will throw us a suprise in the last season, that all this time Dr. Melfi was wired and was working for the feds, it the only explanation for how she acted with tony when he got mad at her, then the next encourages him to come to therapy? If you watch the episode and some of ep 2. You will see what im talkin about alot better. In season 1 she was completely scared at the end of the season and hated Tony etc. But then somewhere in the middle of season 2 she comes back to being his therapist again forgetting about the whole situation that would tramatize any other regular person. Perhaps she went to the police about her patient then got everyhting setup and got him back as a patient during the time she was on the "lame". Sounds plausible to me. What are everyone elses thoughts or theorys on this?

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: Dr. Melfi revelation #218097
07/30/05 10:24 PM
07/30/05 10:24 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
I think Chase presented Melfi this way as a demonstration of her merit. She can make a distinction between what they do in her business, with what Tony asks her to do personally. Throughout the entire series there are several situations where she does the 'right thing', this just takes that a little further. Her rejection to Tony kind of reveals that, but it also reveals her disgust with his character.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Dr. Melfi revelation #218098
07/31/05 12:23 PM
07/31/05 12:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Dr. Melfi is highly ethical and dedicated. First of all, even though there are federal and state statutes that allow a pshychologist to divulge the content of therapy sessions, they probably would not apply in this case. So, her going to the cops is pretty much out of the question. Second of all, she is a therapist. She doesn't abandon or otherwise compromise a patient just because the therapy has some tough moments.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Dr. Melfi revelation #218099
08/08/05 09:09 AM
08/08/05 09:09 AM
Surrey. England. In a house.
Researcher Offline
Capo
Researcher  Offline
Capo
Surrey. England. In a house.
It isn't going to happen. Faced with this question in an interview, David Chase deemed it preposterous and never going to happen, saying it would completely ruin the therapy.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull