GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheKillingJoke), 173 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,758
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,310
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,423
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24001
10/10/01 06:01 PM
10/10/01 06:01 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I bought my GF DVD set today. GFI, GFII, & GFIII DVD's all work fine. But when I put in Bonus Footage DVD, The extra scenes just stay as stills! Also can't find GF Family on the bonus dvd! WHen I get to a scene and press play, it stays as a still and then makes an audio sound for a second or two and that;s it! Then I cannot get back TO MAIN MENU! I know it's not my DVD player because other DVD's are fine. Just Bonus Tape. AM I doing something wrong? Or is my DVD Bonus Tape Defective?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24002
10/10/01 06:05 PM
10/10/01 06:05 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
That stinks!

It could be the disc - you should try it in another player and see what happens. You may have to exchange the set for another frown

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24003
10/10/01 06:22 PM
10/10/01 06:22 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I bought my GF DVD set today. GFI, GFII, & GFIII DVD's all work fine. But when I put in Bonus Footage DVD, The extra scenes just stay as stills! Also can't find GF Family on the bonus dvd! WHen I get to a scene and press play, it stays as a still and then makes an audio sound for a second or two and that;s it! Then I cannot get back TO MAIN MENU! I know it's not my DVD player because other DVD's are fine. Just Bonus Tape. AM I doing something wrong? Or is my DVD Bonus Tape Defective?

Don Cardi

I hate when that happens.Return it and get a better one.Then you can experience it in its full glory.

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24004
10/10/01 07:35 PM
10/10/01 07:35 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I returned it and got another one and the same thing is happening! I am so disgusted right now!~ Could I be doing something wrong? I can access the trailors in full sound and veiw, but I cannot access the Bonus Footage in audio or the Acceptance speeches etc. Don Geoff, PLEASE give me justice!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24005
10/10/01 08:34 PM
10/10/01 08:34 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
WIERD!!! The Bonus Footage Disc DOESN'T work on my DVD player, but it works on my son's Playstation 2 Dvd player! At least I got to watch the Bonus Disc.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24006
10/11/01 12:09 AM
10/11/01 12:09 AM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Don Cardi, you may need to take that DVD player back to the dealer and make him an offer he don' refuse.

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24007
10/11/01 12:29 AM
10/11/01 12:29 AM
C
Connie Offline
Wiseguy
Connie  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Hmmm.... That *is* weird. I'm almost afraid to say this, because I'm sure I'll curse myself into a string of bad luck, but I haven't had any problems with the bonus disc since I got my DVD set in my hot little hands yesterday (took a bus walked about two miles to the nearest video place to get it, too!). I don't know how your respective players work, but maybe if you try hitting the OK/Enter button rather than play? I know that doesn't make much sense, but maybe it's just some weird bug.... In any case, my sympathies that you haven't gotten to fully enjoy the DVDs yet; once I got back to my dorm room and popped 'em in the player, I decided that they were well worth the walk (and $5-10 scalping I got by not waiting God knows how long 'til I could get to Best Buy). Good luck with getting it all to work, anyway.

"... and I hope their first child be a *masculine* child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty...."
-Luca Brasi, The Godfather: Part I
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24008
10/11/01 12:42 AM
10/11/01 12:42 AM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally posted by Connie:
Hmmm.... That *is* weird. I'm almost afraid to say this, because I'm sure I'll curse myself into a string of bad luck, but I haven't had any problems with the bonus disc since I got my DVD set in my hot little hands yesterday (took a bus walked about two miles ....

That's it guys. You gotta take the bus, "take a walk...take a long and lonely walk, you gotta think about it...." Ooopps, got carried away with Mr. Big here.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24009
10/11/01 03:08 AM
10/11/01 03:08 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Sonny:
Mr. Big

Wow, there's a blast from the past - I thought I was the only fan? smile Well, at least a fan of Paul Gilbert (who was in Racer X before Mr Big) and Billy Sheehan (the wild bass player) smile

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24010
10/11/01 03:10 AM
10/11/01 03:10 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
WIERD!!! The Bonus Footage Disc DOESN'T work on my DVD player, but it works on my son's Playstation 2 Dvd player! At least I got to watch the Bonus Disc.

Don Cardi

I don't know what to say, Don Cardi, but it sounds like a problem with your player since the disc works elsewhere...

Very weird, though, that it's only the one disc...!

JG

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24011
10/11/01 10:07 AM
10/11/01 10:07 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Don Cardi

Hehe I can imagine your son.....

"But dad.......I wanna play now..."

"Get off me, i'm trying to watch this"

Poor kid.

grin

Originally posted by J Geoff:

Wow, there's a blast from the past - I thought I was the only fan? smile Well, at least a fan of Paul Gilbert (who was in Racer X before Mr Big) and Billy Sheehan (the wild bass player) smile

JG

Is that the Mr Big with the song - "To be with you" from the early 90's or the old 70's group? Theirs two. The former is from the US, the latter from UK.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24012
10/11/01 12:11 PM
10/11/01 12:11 PM
Y
Yankee Clipper Offline
Associate
Yankee Clipper  Offline
Y
Associate
I am experiencing the same problems with the bonus materials that are described above. Unfortunately, my daughters do not have a playstation, so I am stuck with my DVD player, which is new and otherwise works perfectly. This is frustrating. Any thought on anything I can try? I am so psyched to watch this stuff!

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24013
10/11/01 07:17 PM
10/11/01 07:17 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Here's some potentially bad news...

I just noticed the fine print on the back of the packaging: "This disc was created in compliance with applicable DVD specifications. Certain of the advanced features may not play on all machines."

Are you guys with problems using older-generation DVD players by any chance?

JG

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24014
10/11/01 07:23 PM
10/11/01 07:23 PM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:

Is that the Mr Big with the song - "To be with you" from the early...

That's the one....but I was under the impression they were around even in the late 80s....or was Billy Shaheen with David Lee Roth at that time?? confused

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24015
10/12/01 04:53 PM
10/12/01 04:53 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Here's some potentially bad news...

I just noticed the fine print on the back of the packaging: "This disc was created in compliance with applicable DVD specifications. Certain of the advanced features may not play on all machines."

Are you guys with problems using older-generation DVD players by any chance?

JG

Don Malta,

You understand everything! Thanks for that info! As a matter of fact I did buy a DVD player when they first came out, so it must be an older generation player. Now I am REALLY glad that I bought a Playstation 2 for my son1 LOL!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24016
10/14/01 02:41 PM
10/14/01 02:41 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Now I am REALLY glad that I bought a Playstation 2 for my son1 LOL!

Don Cardi

It's just like when you buy your girlfriend some sexy underwear or something. You know your going to use them yourself.

Whoops said too much. [Linked Image]

grin

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24017
10/14/01 06:26 PM
10/14/01 06:26 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
I don't know about some of you guys, but I buy loads of sexy things for my women and I NEVER use them MYSELF.... I'm to busy taking them off with my teeth....All that money for a few mins....of well such is life.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24018
10/15/01 11:05 AM
10/15/01 11:05 AM
Chicago, IL
A
Ahmed Offline
Associate
Ahmed  Offline
A
Associate
Chicago, IL
If your bonus disc isn't playing in a particular player, which is very common with this set and alot of other new "special" DVD's, your DVD player needs to be upgraded. What you should is contact either the manufacturer or an authorized repair center and ask for a "Firmware Upgrade". I had the same problem with my Toshiba about a year ago with "Gladiator".

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24019
10/16/01 09:27 AM
10/16/01 09:27 AM
Y
Yankee Clipper Offline
Associate
Yankee Clipper  Offline
Y
Associate
More info for anyone who is interested: I purchased a DVD player just a few months ago - a new Pioneer elite model. I contacted Pioneer and was told that they have received a number of calls about problems with the Godfather bonus materials disc. Pioneer is working on a solution and hopes to have one in the next few weeks. For anyone who owns a Pioneer DVD player and is experiencing problems with the Bonus Materials disc, you can call Pioneer customer service in about 2 weeks: 1 800 421-1404. Hope this helps others who, like me, bought the DVD set the first day it was released and are going crazy to watch the bonus materials!

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24020
10/16/01 07:25 PM
10/16/01 07:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Ahmed:
If your bonus disc isn't playing in a particular player, which is very common with this set and alot of other new "special" DVD's, your DVD player needs to be upgraded. What you should is contact either the manufacturer or an authorized repair center and ask for a "Firmware Upgrade". I had the same problem with my Toshiba about a year ago with "Gladiator".

Ahmed,

Thanks for the info! Just so happens that my DVD is a Toshiba!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Having Trouble Accessing Bonus Footage! #24021
10/17/01 02:53 PM
10/17/01 02:53 PM
Ohio
Don Lagrassa Offline
Made Member
Don Lagrassa  Offline
Made Member
Ohio
My parents have a Philips DVD player which they got two years ago...and the bonus disc seems to work just fine on mine.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull