GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 78 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,750
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216542
05/24/04 10:39 AM
05/24/04 10:39 AM
Northern Virginia
Nick totoro Offline
Button
Nick totoro  Offline
Button
Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Boss_of_bosses:
Can someone tell me what's the deal with Little Carmine and Johnny... I wonder when they'll find out about Raymond Curto.
It sounded like they made the peace in a sense by Carmine offerring to let Johnny take the dominant role in the family. They didn't really go into it. Wonder why such an important development was given such little lip service and (literally) nothing else... ? Don't know when we'll ever hear about Ray Curto. He hasn't been around much, so he probably isn't giving away anything, anyway.

I did enjoy the look on Agent Sanseverino's face when she realized that she pretty much signed Ade's death warrant by pushing her to flip Christopher, though. Did she actually expect him to come along?

Nick

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216543
05/24/04 10:49 AM
05/24/04 10:49 AM
The Dirty South
Dirty Blonde Offline
Made Member
Dirty Blonde  Offline
Made Member
The Dirty South
Quote:
If next season is indeed the last, I look for one of the Sopranos to get killed. If not Tony, someone in his immediate family. If it's gonna end, I'm guessing it'll end on a sour note as opposed to happily ever after (Like GF). Maybe one of the kids. Johnny Sac made a threatening remark about him or his family paying..or something like that.

TIS [/QB]
Wait a minute..Is this NOT the last season??? I thought it was kinda funny that the previews said on the SEASON FINALE not Series Finale..SOmeone please help me. Is there one more season????

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216544
05/24/04 11:01 AM
05/24/04 11:01 AM
Northern Virginia
Nick totoro Offline
Button
Nick totoro  Offline
Button
Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Blonde:
Wait a minute..Is this NOT the last season??? I thought it was kinda funny that the previews said on the SEASON FINALE not Series Finale..SOmeone please help me. Is there one more season????
Yes.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216545
05/24/04 11:46 AM
05/24/04 11:46 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Family Loyalty:

Look how Chris is rewarded for telling Tony about Adrianna. Tony throws him a severe beating. I wonder if it was that Chris needed help in getting rid of Adrianna? Tony must have figured since he gave Chris so much responsibility, Chris should have killed her as soon as she said something and not went running to him.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216546
05/24/04 11:50 AM
05/24/04 11:50 AM
The Dirty South
Dirty Blonde Offline
Made Member
Dirty Blonde  Offline
Made Member
The Dirty South
OMG!!! I am soooo happy. I thought this was it..I am so happy to know there is one more season..wait werent they saying this was the last season..did they change their minds? When did this happen?

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216547
05/24/04 12:01 PM
05/24/04 12:01 PM
Northern Virginia
Nick totoro Offline
Button
Nick totoro  Offline
Button
Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
Family Loyalty:

Look how Chris is rewarded for telling Tony about Adrianna. Tony throws him a severe beating. I wonder if it was that Chris needed help in getting rid of Adrianna? Tony must have figured since he gave Chris so much responsibility, Chris should have killed her as soon as she said something and not went running to him.
I felt Tony gave him a beating because of a combination of things:

1) He was back on the horse, even if for just that moment.

2) It wasn't easy for anyone, even Tony & Silvio. It was like he felt Christopher was being selfish for thinking he was the only one who took it hard.

I think Christopher telling Tony was better than him killing her, then telling Tony, because it removed all doubt about her standing plus it prevented any doubt whether Christopher possibly having ulterior motives for killing her.

Nick

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216548
05/24/04 01:08 PM
05/24/04 01:08 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Wow! One of the best episodes of the entire series to date.

Full of suspense, edge of the seat viewing, keeping you guessing, and riveting all come to mind.

It moved fast and kept turning. You did not know what would happen next. Tony S could have shot Johnny Sack at the end, and it would not have been shocking in this episode. The last episode of this season has the potential of being even better. I just hope that they don't pull a bullshit cliffhanger that we have to wait two years to see finished.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216549
05/24/04 05:20 PM
05/24/04 05:20 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
Wow! One of the best episodes of the entire series to date.

Full of suspense, edge of the seat viewing, keeping you guessing, and riveting all come to mind.

It moved fast and kept turning. You did not know what would happen next. Tony S could have shot Johnny Sack at the end, and it would not have been shocking in this episode. The last episode of this season has the potential of being even better. I just hope that they don't pull a bullshit cliffhanger that we have to wait two years to see finished.
I don't expect too much to happen in the last episode. I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets whacked. I expect a lot of tension between Tony and Johnny, and perhaps Tony and his own crew. I expect the last season to be a total blood bath with most of the main characters getting taken out in an all out war. I also woouldn't be too surprised if a member of Tony's real family gets taken out in the final episode. (an eye for an eye?) Can you imagine what Tony will do next season if AJ, Meadow, or Carm get harmed in the finale?

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216550
05/24/04 06:02 PM
05/24/04 06:02 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
One thing's for sure: There are no sacred cows on The Sopranos, and last night's whacking of Adrianna proves it! Yeah, I was thinking the inevitable would happen to her, but it's still kind of sad and tragic. I always felt a little sorry for her, but, then again, everyone makes his/her own bed...

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216551
05/24/04 06:47 PM
05/24/04 06:47 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
I just hope that they don't pull a bullshit cliffhanger that we have to wait two years to see finished.
You and me both! I wouldn't be surprised if Chase puts some flat-tire episode on for the season finale, just to stick it to the loyal fans. Arrogant pain in the ass!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216552
05/24/04 08:31 PM
05/24/04 08:31 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Season 5, Episode 12: “Long Term Parking”

This excellent episode opens with an FBI agent (named Walter) reviewing the tapes from the FBI’s surveillance cameras. Walter is looking at footage from the camera installed in the parking lot of The Crazy Horse, the nightclub officially “owned” by Adriana, but truly owned by Christopher and the Soprano Family.

Three nights previous, Adriana was recorded leaving after locking up for the night. Before she went into her car, she threw out a plastic garbage bag in the dumpster, but then changed her mind and fished the garbage bag out, and brought it with her. Strange behavior.

Walter has Adriana’s FBI handler, Agent Robyn Sanseverino, watch the footage of Adriana. “Interesting,” she says.

Meanwhile, Adriana is at her doctor’s office with her mother, Liz LaCerva. Her ulcer problems have worsened, according to Dr. Sarah Klum, and Adriana now has ulcerative colitis. Adriana looks terrible; pale and drawn and horribly stressed out. The doctor is prescribing a kind of steroid to help with the ulcer, and both mom and daughter are upset about the steroid’s side effects.

At the Soprano family house, Tony is helping Carmela with the VCR in the living room. They discuss the possibility of getting back together. Tony admits that his constant cheating on her was wrong, but also says, “I am what I am.” He says if they reconcile, it will never happen again.

New York capo Phil Leotardo (played by Frank Vincent) is recalling the events from a few nights ago: Tony Blundetto ambushed Phil and his younger brother Billy outside a New York bar. He attacked them in retaliation for killing Carmine Sr’s former consligliere Angelo Garepe, who had sided with Little Carmine in the Lupertazzi-Sacrimoni turf war. Angelo and Tony B were close friends who did time together in prison. Billy was slayed by several shots to the chest and head, while Phil was wounded in the leg. This incident, of course, put Tony Soprano in big trouble with Johnny Sack, who wants lethal vengeance because of Tony B’s actions against his men (the Leotardos and Joey Peeps).

At the Lupertazzi house, Little Carmine is discussing the recent happenings with two capos on his side, Rusty Millio (played by Frankie Valli) and Eddie Pietro. Little Carmine has another classic malapropism: “We’re at a fuckin’ stagmire.” He is distressed by the bloodshed that’s occurred on both sides. Rusty urges Little Carmine to go on the offensive, take the reins, and lead his soldiers in battle against Johnny Sack. Eddie blames everything on Tony B’s unsanctioned hit on the Leotardos. Little Carmine refuses to do things Rusty’s way.

In the back office of the Crazy Horse, Silvio and Tony discuss the matter of Tony B. Tony says he’ll practically have to get on his knees before Johnny Sack to salvage the situation and repair the mess caused by his cousin. Christopher shows up and asks about an update on Tony B. Silvio says, “He’s still on a milk carton,” meaning he’s still missing.

Adriana walks in with drinks for all three of the mobsters. Tony is irritated that Christopher thinks he can drink again. Christopher makes some rude remarks about Adriana’s digestive problems in front of Silvio and Tony, calling her “My smelly Valentine,” and saying, “they gotta replace her colon with a semi-colon.” He’s a real charmer.

Silvio, Christopher, and Tony get up to go to their big meeting in New York. Tony is the last to leave the office, and speaks kindly with Adriana about her health problems, offering encouragement. He also tells her he is getting back with Carmela.

They arrive at a big sitdown in Brooklyn, Johnny Sack’s turf. Present are Johnny, Phil Leotardo, and new consigliere Jimmy Petrille. Tony and Silvio sit down at the table. Johnny, who doesn’t think too much of Christopher, makes him stand in the doorway. Several gorillas on Johnny’s payroll lurk in the background.

Tony offers his condolences on the death of Billy, which Phil promptly rejects: “Stick your ‘sorries’ up your ass!” Phil asks Tony if he ever had a family member die in his arms, and Tony calmly says no, he hasn’t. Phil obliquely makes a threat: “Maybe I can help you with that.” Tensions escalate, and both Jimmy and Johnny tell Phil to simmer down. Phil leaves the meeting, furious.

Tony then tells Johnny that he didn’t sanction the hit on the Leotardos. Tony insists that his cousin was upset about the murder of Angelo. Johnny brings up the Joey Peeps hit, then hisses at Tony: “I want your cousin on a fucking spit!”

Tony says he doesn’t know the whereabouts of Tony B. Johnny makes a veiled threat on Chris, who gets pissed. Johnny gives an ultimatum: “You either deliver that prick to my door, or I will rain down a shitstorm on you and your Family like you have never fucking seen.”

The next day, a group of Sea Scouts and their pack leader stumble across the body of someone on the beach. The pack leader calls the cops.

Tony and Carmela have dinner at Vesuvio. They further discuss getting back together. But if they do, Carm says, she wants to do more with her life. She wants a project to occupy her time. There is a plot of land on Crestview that she would like to build a spec house on with her father. Of course, she would need Tony to buy it for her. He agrees, and he agrees to move back in their North Caldwell house. He also promises, “I swear to you, on our children, that my midlife crisis problems (read: cheating) will no longer intrude on you any more.” Note that Tony didn’t say he would never cheat again! (Also, this shows me that Carmela is nothing but a gold-digger and can do nothing on her own.)

Christopher and Adriana walk by their table. Christopher is drinking wine, evidently confident he can keep his addictions under control. Ade sits down with Carmela and talks about wedding plans. Tony and Chris go to the restroom to have a chat. Tony is angry with Christopher about a foul-up with the untaxed cigarette business they have going with some criminals in North Carolina. Chris asks about the Tony B problem, and Tony says he doesn’t know what to do about it yet. However, he is decisive about what to do with Christopher’s screw-up. Tony gives the cigarette business to Paulie, which costs Chris a big chunk of money. Tony leaves the bathroom. Christopher, furious, shatters his wine glass against the wall.

Later that night in their apartment, Chris vents his spleen at Adriana about Tony. “Fuck family. Fuck loyalty. Cost him a dime, you’re a pariah.” Pacing around and screaming, he rages on about how shabbily Tony and Tony B treated him, and how Tony favors Tony B despite the mess he created in New York. Christopher calls Tony a “fat fucking scumbag” and says how easily he could kill him. Adriana is distressed by all of this. Christopher eventually calms down and says to Ade about Tony: “That’s the guy I’m going to hell for.”

Meanwhile, at the FBI office in Newark, some new footage from the Crazy Horse camera has caught the Feds’ attention: the local cops in Long Branch (the town the nightclub is in) paid a visit to the place the other day. The FBI agents know something serious happened there, and investigate.

Tony visits Valentina at the hospital. She is recovering from her burns, but is still a mess. Tony had been planning to dump her, but then her accident at the stove happened. Tony is taking care of her medical bills, but is adamant: he is splitting up with her and getting back together with his wife. She is devastated and angry, and threatens to kill herself. Tony is unmoved (like he hasn’t heard a psycho girlfriend of his say THAT before!) by her display. Just then, Tony B calls him on his cell phone. His cousin doesn’t speak, but Tony knows it is Tony B. Tony next calls Silvio and has him contact his guy at the phone company; Tony wants traps on all of his phones, so he can track down his cousin.

Outside of a health food store, FBI Agents Harris and Sanseverino confront Adriana, and bring her to their office in a car.

Tony arrives at home with his bags. He has a nice dinner of pasta, bread, and salad with Carmela and AJ. They all have some champagne to celebrate their being reunited. Tony offers a toast: “To the people I love. Nothing else matters.”
After dinner, Carmela watches Tony as he takes in an old black and white movie on the couch.

As this happens, the FBI agents are watching a black and white movie of their own: the Crazy Horse footage of Adriana throwing out then retrieving the garbage bag. But this time, Adriana is with them, watching herself on the video.

Chief Agent Frank Cubitoso questions Adriana about the bag, and she offers a bad lie. Agents Harris and Sanseverino are there, too. They present Adriana with a police photo of the corpse found on the beach, and they tell her they know he was murdered in the Crazy Horse. His name is revealed to be Gilbert Nieves. The police found a Crazy Horse stamp on the dead man’s hand, which is why they questioned Adriana earlier. The FBI agents know there was evidence of Nieves’ murder in that bag, and Adriana finally breaks down and tells the truth.

In a flashback, we see what transpired a few nights before, and we see why Adriana’s health has been deteriorating even more than usual. Adriana tells them that a local drug dealer named Matush (longtime “Sopranos” watchers will recognize Matush as the X dealer who was banned from the Crazy Horse once the Soprano Family took it over from the owner who owed them massive gambling debts. Matush went to Jackie Aprile Jr, Dino Zerilli, and Carlo Renzi for help, to see if these three “bigtime mobsters” would get him allowed in the club once again. Of course, the word of Jackie Jr meant nothing, and Matush wound up being put in the hospital by Furio with several broken bones).

Matush is now allowed in the club, but is not allowed to sell drugs in it. He is friends with Adriana, who sometimes quietly buys drugs from him (without Christopher’s knowledge). Matush and a friend named Kamal come into the Crazy Horse and ask to use the fax machine in the office. She reluctantly lets them do so, but tells them to hurry it up. Matush gives her an X pill, which she promptly downs.

As Matush and Kamal use the fax machine, a dissatisfied “customer” (Gilbert Nieves) of Matush’s enters the office. He feels Matush ripped him off by selling him bad coke, and he wants his money back. Nieves pulls a knife and threatens Matush with it. Kamal hits him from behind with a heavy ashtray. They attack him, overpower him, and pin him to the floor. Kamal bites his knife-wielding hand until he drops it. Matush picks up the knife and stabs Nieves about a dozen times, killing him on the office floor.

Adriana walks in and sees what has happened, and she is badly scared and freaked out. Not wanting to get in worse legal trouble than she’s already in, she helps Matush and Kamal clean up the office. The two drug dealers haul Nieves’ body out the back way (and obviously dumped him on a beach). Adriana throws the bloody rags into the trash can, and brings the bag with her.

As she divulges this story to the FBI agents, Harris asks her why she would help out this Matush. She says she wanted to avoid trouble, and once again shows herself to be a great judge of character when she says she thinks Matush is a nice guy. She tells them that Matush is a very religious Pakistani who sends all of his drug money back home to his brother, who “runs a prep school for young boys,” which she thinks is very noble. Of course, Adriana is clueless and naïve, not realizing that Matush is probably sending his drug profits back to Pakistan to fund terrorism. The FBI agents blanch at this news, but don’t clue her in.

Cubitoso, normally a cool and shrewd operator, gets heated for the first time. He yells at Adriana about her uncooperativeness, and demands she wear a wire to get evidence on Tony and Christopher. Ade breaks down and starts crying, and asks for a lawyer. They place a call to the public defender, but he is backed up with calls. Adriana must stay in the FBI office.

Hours later, Christopher tries to call her on her cell phone, but she is still trapped in the FBI building. Adriana speaks with Robyn Sanseverino, who offers the witness protection program. She also points out, correctly, that living like this is what is costing Adriana her health.

We see Tony sitting in his back yard, enjoying a cigar and thinking of the past, the good times he’s had with his cousin Tony B. He is regretful over what inevitably must happen.

Sanseverino bursts into Cubitoso’s off ice to tell Harris and her boss about Adriana’s decision: she won’t wear a wire, but she thinks she can get her fiancée Christopher to turn into a government informant. Harris asks why, and Robyn reports that Adriana told her Christopher personally hates Tony, and it has something to do with Tony Blundetto. Harris confirms that he’s heard similar rumors from wiretaps, and that “CI-12” tells the same story (is “Cooperating Informant 12” actually wire-wearing capo Raymond Curto? Possibly.).

Cubitoso tells Sanseverino that Adriana has until 9AM Monday to bring a converted Christopher Moltisanti into their office, otherwise the deal is off and they’ll turn her over to the Long Branch police.

In the upstairs Bing office, Silvio receives a phone call for Tony. Nearby, capos Paulie Gualtieri, Carlo Gervasi, and Raymond Curto play cards, and with Silvio, listen to Tony speaking on the phone. The call is from New York consigliere Jimmy Petrille. Speaking in codes, he tells Tony that the turf war between Johnny Sack and Little Carmine is over, and John Sacrimoni is the new undisputed boss of the New York Family. When Tony tells them that it wasn’t violence that won Johnny the turf battle, but Little Carmine’s not having the stomach for bloodshed, Paulie is disgusted: “I knew he’d cave. He’s a fucking pussy, that kid.”

Tony says that at one time it would’ve been good to have Johnny as a boss, since he’s “smart as a fuckin’ whip,” but he’s no longer the pragmatist he once was. Paulie also points out, “You thought John had an ego before? Forget it now!”

And worst of all, Tony now has a fully united New York mob, led by a vengeful Johnny Sack, opposing him. Little Carmine could have possibly been an ally, but not any more.

In a wrenching scene, Adrian confesses to Christopher about everything: her arrest on drug charges a year ago, her setup by her “friend” Danielle (who was actually FBI Agent Deborah Ciccerone), and her cooperation with the Feds. She also tells them about the murder by Matush in the Crazy Horse and her role in the cover-up. And she says they must go into the witness protection program.

Christopher’s mind is traveling at a million miles an hour, and he finally explodes. He punches Adriana, and comes within seconds of choking her to death with his bare hands. “How could you fuckin’ do this to us? I loved you!” he screams as he squeezes her throat. At the last moment, he lets her go and breaks down. The two have a moment of bleak despair (one that is similar to the emotional breakdown with Henry and Karen Hill in “Goodfellas”). All Christopher can say is, “What are we gonna do?”

Tony B calls Tony, and apologizes for the mess he left behind because of his hits on Joey Peeps and the Leotardos. Tony advises his cousin to never come back to the North Jersey area. He also promises to look after his cousin’s kids. And he finally tells the truth about the hijacking that sent Tony B to prison 17 years ago. It wasn’t two black guys attacking Tony. It was from a panic attack stemming from an argument with his mother. With this revelation, Tony says, “Now we’re even,” and tells him to “take care of yourself.”

He hangs up and immediately contacts Gerard, Silvio’s phone man. Gerard tracks Tony B’s call to a bar called Roy’s in Kinderhook, NY. It is located near the farm of the Tonys’ Uncle Pat Blundetto, who recently retired to Florida. Tony calls Uncle Pat in Florida, who tells him that his old farm and house (which was to be torn down and redeveloped) are still standing due to a permit problem. Tony puts two and two together, and knows Tony B is hiding out at their uncle’s old farm in upstate New York.

Adriana and Christopher discuss what life will be like in the witness protection program. They know they will never be able to come back to New Jersey. Christopher decided to leave and go for a drive to think about things. “I love you, baby”, he tells her as he leaves.

Adriana calls Robyn, who gives her a new deadline of 1PM to bring Christopher in.

Christopher gets his Hummer’s gas tank filled. He strokes a hand across the hood of the truck, knowing he’ll have to give it up in his new life as an informant. He also sees, coming out of the service station, a messed up, poor white trash family getting into their piece of garbage car. It is evident Christopher thinks that is the kind of life that awaits him now, not the “rich and glamorous” gangster lifestyle.

As 1PM nears, Adriana is packing her bags. The phone rings. It is Tony, who has bad news: Christopher tried to commit suicide. He was found in a restaurant’s restroom in Ramapo, overdosed on pills. Adriana is devastated by this. Tony tells her that he is on the way to the hospital, and Silvio is on his way to pick her up.

Next, we see that Ade is daydreaming about getting in her car and leaving on her own, but in reality she is in Silvio’s car as he drives her to the hospital to see Christopher. She is nearly broken, in tears. Silvio offers words of comfort, saying Chris is a tough kid who will recover from this.

However, Silvio is not, in fact, driving her to the hospital. He drives into some woods off the thruway, pulls over, and gets out of the car. Adriana instantly knows what is about to happen, and what has really transpired: Christopher is not in the hospital. He instead told Tony and Silvio about her secret, and she is now marked for death by her own fiancée. Silvio drags her out of the car and throws her to the ground. Begging for her life, Adriana tries to crawl away. But Silvio kills her with two shots.

Next, we see Christopher packing Adriana’s stuff in a suitcase in their apartment. He drives her car to a swampland near a factory, and throws her suitcase in the weeds and water. He then drives her car to Newark Airport. He leaves Adriana’s car in the long term parking lot, making it appear that she has run away and taken a flight out of the area.

Christopher showed that he didn’t really love Adriana, but really loved the money and gangster lifestyle he would’ve had to give up. He’s definitely earned a special place in hell for this.

That night, Tony meets newly crowned boss Johnny Sack by the New Jersey side of the East River. “The King of New York!” Tony calls out, congratulating him. Paulie’s comment that Johnny’s ego would now expand is right on. He tells Tony, “This is the last time we’ll meet like this. It’s undignified.”

Johnny asks about Tony B. Tony tells him that he thinks he knows where his cousin is, but he wants to be the one to handle the hit. Johnny refuses, saying Phil Leotardo is going to be the one to kill Tony B. Tony asks that Tony B’s death be a quick one. Johnny again refuses, saying, “Phil will do it his way.”

Tony steps away from Johnny for a moment, thinking of what to say or do. Johnny spits on the ground, a subtle slight to New Jersey, and therefore Tony.

Tony comes to a decision. He glares at Johnny and tells him to go fuck himself. He won’t give up his cousin to the New York mob. Tony gets in his Escalade and drives off, leaving Johnny Sack standing there alone. The gauntlet has been thrown.

Tony enters the back room of Satriale’s, where Christopher is watching TV. Chris is obviously under the influence, and he admits that he snorted some heroin. “I can’t stand the pain. I loved her.”

Tony, furious, slaps Christopher to the floor and kicks him a few times. “Pain? You think you’re alone with this?” Tony is feeling terrible regret over the killing of Adriana, and lets Christopher know that it wasn't easy for him to do.

Agents Harris and Sanseverino discuss Adriana’s disappearance with Chief Cubitoso. Robyn thinks she might have fled, but the other two don’t believe it. Their silence underscores their belief that Adriana is now dead. Robyn leaves the room, no doubt guilty over how this turned out. Cubitoso tells Harris to take over the investigation of the Crazy Horse murder of Gilbert Nieves from the police, due to the terrorist possibilities.
Tony and Carmela survey their new property. Tony is sad and troubled over the death of Adriana. He looks at the land his business has bought, but is now feeling that the cost is too high. And he’s right.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216553
05/24/04 10:59 PM
05/24/04 10:59 PM
D
Don Tissinno Offline
Made Member
Don Tissinno  Offline
D
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
DV, during that part, I actually thought the opposite..that maybe Christopher was envious, wanting a "family" life with kids, etc., but wasn't sure. Evidently, it's not his cup of tea.

TIS
I thought it was pretty obvious that Chris feared that this is what life would be like in "witness protection". Packing up all their worldly belongings on top of the "family truckster" and dragging the wife and kids one step ahead of the avenging "family". Hell he may have even imagined this guy was on the lamb for some reason.

"I'm with you now, Pop. I'm with you."

"Don't worry about anything Frankie Five Angels."
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216554
05/24/04 11:37 PM
05/24/04 11:37 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
How about sympathetic Christopher telling Tony and the guys that Adrianna had to have her colon replaced with a semi-colon??

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216555
05/24/04 11:47 PM
05/24/04 11:47 PM
utica,ny
zo Offline
Capo
zo  Offline
Capo
utica,ny
anyone else notice that the land carmella wanted to buy looked an awful lot like the area that adrianna was killed at?

this is my signature
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216556
05/25/04 01:53 AM
05/25/04 01:53 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
That night, Tony meets newly crowned boss Johnny Sack by the New Jersey side of the East River.
One minor correction....they met on the Brooklyn side (note the Brooklyn Bridge and the lower skyline in the background). Tony, showing his respect to the newly "appointed" Boss went to Sack's territory for the meeting.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216557
05/25/04 04:12 AM
05/25/04 04:12 AM
H
Huntz Offline
Wiseguy
Huntz  Offline
H
Wiseguy
Quote:

Question tho, the body the kids found by the ocean, the drug dealer...I don't remember that killing. Did they show it in another season?
Haha, did you even watch this episode?

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216558
05/25/04 05:51 AM
05/25/04 05:51 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Huntz:
Haha, did you even watch this episode?
TIS' insights into this show have been wonderful, Huntz. "Laughing" at TIS here is like committing suicide by cops....you're just asking for it. :rolleyes:

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216559
05/25/04 06:45 AM
05/25/04 06:45 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
[b] That night, Tony meets newly crowned boss Johnny Sack by the New Jersey side of the East River.
One minor correction....they met on the Brooklyn side (note the Brooklyn Bridge and the lower skyline in the background). Tony, showing his respect to the newly "appointed" Boss went to Sack's territory for the meeting. [/b][/quote]It WAS the Brooklyn side? OK. I stand corrected!

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216560
05/25/04 08:12 AM
05/25/04 08:12 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
[b] That night, Tony meets newly crowned boss Johnny Sack by the New Jersey side of the East River.
One minor correction....they met on the Brooklyn side (note the Brooklyn Bridge and the lower skyline in the background). Tony, showing his respect to the newly "appointed" Boss went to Sack's territory for the meeting. [/b][/quote]That is a very popular site. It has been used in several episodes. I've noticed that it has been used in NYPD Blue also. It makes for a good backdrop; the bridge and the the skyline. I would venture to say it is probably easily accessed, no traffic and plenty of room to setup.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216561
05/25/04 09:42 AM
05/25/04 09:42 AM
California

California
To Huntz,

Yes, smarta**, :p I "did" watch the episode and the flashback story. There are many characters that come and go on this show. I am saying that I don't remember that character being shown before in an earlier season. So sue me!!! :rolleyes:

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216562
05/25/04 11:14 AM
05/25/04 11:14 AM
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
To Huntz,

Yes, smarta**, :p I "did" watch the episode and the flashback story. There are many characters that come and go on this show. I am saying that I don't remember that character being shown before in an earlier season. So sue me!!! :rolleyes:

TIS
The drug dealer "Matush" was on the show in Season 3. He's most remembered for getting a beating from Furio. The guy that he killed was not on the show before.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216563
05/25/04 03:49 PM
05/25/04 03:49 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I don't like how Lil' Carmine just gave up. The writers really built up the storyline between him and Johnny and then ended it so quickly.

Unless it's not really over...

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216564
05/25/04 03:53 PM
05/25/04 03:53 PM
California

California
Little Carmine just doesn't seem to have what it takes, don't you think? He seems out of his league to me.Johnny Sac seems much more capable.

TIS

Thanks Just Lou, I remember what episode you are referring to now.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216565
05/26/04 04:32 AM
05/26/04 04:32 AM
H
Huntz Offline
Wiseguy
Huntz  Offline
H
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Huntz:
[b]Haha, did you even watch this episode?
TIS' insights into this show have been wonderful, [/b][/quote]Did I say they hadn’t been?

Maybe she just forgot at the time of posting but it was a big part of tonight’s episode, maybe not the killing itself but the repercussions it had.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216566
05/26/04 07:03 AM
05/26/04 07:03 AM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Little Carmine just doesn't seem to have what it takes, don't you think? He seems out of his league to me.Johnny Sac seems much more capable.

TIS

Personally, I think lil Carmine is gonna side with Tony when things get hot. Thats the only way I can see the Soprano crew beating Johnny Sac.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216567
05/26/04 09:42 AM
05/26/04 09:42 AM
California

California
Quick question. Didn't want to start a new thread on this. Is the season finale next week gonna be longer than one hour?? Usually isn't the finale a little longer?? I hope so. That's the least they can do for making us wait so long between seasons.

TIS

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216568
05/26/04 10:04 AM
05/26/04 10:04 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Quick question. Didn't want to start a new thread on this. Is the season finale next week gonna be longer than one hour?? Usually isn't the finale a little longer?? I hope so. That's the least they can do for making us wait so long between seasons.
I looked up HBO's schedule. The finale is entitled "All Due Respect", but there is no little description yet. And, unfortunately, it is listed as 57 minutes, basically the same length as the others.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216569
05/26/04 10:38 AM
05/26/04 10:38 AM
Florida
Mardini Offline
Underboss
Mardini  Offline
Underboss
Florida
Here's a description for the finale:

Tony's crew circles the wagons as Johnny Sack turns up the heat. Carmela counts her blessings; Christopher is freaked out by an unexpected visitor; (and no, it's NOT Adriana) Benny's connection to the plumbers' union comes in handy; AJ demonstrates his business acumen; and Tony ponders whether to execute a "sacrifice bunt."

I wonder what they mean by AJ demonstrating his business acumen. And who might be the unexpected visitor? I got this from the Sopranos' bulletin boards.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216570
05/26/04 01:54 PM
05/26/04 01:54 PM
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] Little Carmine just doesn't seem to have what it takes, don't you think? He seems out of his league to me.Johnny Sac seems much more capable.

TIS

Personally, I think lil Carmine is gonna side with Tony when things get hot. Thats the only way I can see the Soprano crew beating Johnny Sac. [/b][/quote]Tony's in big trouble if he needs little Carmine to beat Johnny.

Re: Season 5, Episode 12: "Long Term Parking" #216571
05/26/04 01:56 PM
05/26/04 01:56 PM
Clarendon Hills,IL
G
GBNorman Offline
Associate
GBNorman  Offline
G
Associate
Clarendon Hills,IL
Are we sure that Adriana got the whack?

Lest we note, that the whack was not actually shown. I always thought Silvio "liked" her, not in any amorous sense, but rather as a "little sister".

Also, Silvio has always been protrayed as the only one in the bunch that did not need a session or two of "anger management".

I'm aware that the actress portraying Adriana has signed on with a network "sitcom"; but I still must wonder if "the book" on Adriana has been closed for good.

Here are a few "alternative scenarios suggested by the Chicago Sun-Times:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/television/cst-ftr-adriana25.html

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull