GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (GaryH, Toodoped, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 252 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,998
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,358
Posts1,059,184
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Fate Of The Sopranos #216238
04/19/04 10:22 PM
04/19/04 10:22 PM
Pittsburgh
The Godfather Offline OP
Made Member
The Godfather  Offline OP
Made Member
Pittsburgh
I want everyone's opinion, so please respond to this post.

5th Season: What is going on!??! I'm not disappointed, but I'm not extremely pleased. I see the plots of every episode not dragging along all season, like it used to. It's not getting resolved each episode.

I, unlike some, enjoyed last night's episode mainly because of the Tony/Phil sequence. So true in the real Mafia dealings. Johnny Boy's goomah plot could have worked if it was a subplot and Tim Daly's Davey Scatino rip was terrible.Just another rehashed plot from Season 2.

IMHO, the best episode of the season was the one with Feech going back to prison, or the premiere. Other than that, I'm unsure of what to think..

Re: The Fate Of The Sopranos #216239
04/19/04 10:52 PM
04/19/04 10:52 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
how do you know everything is not being dragged along all season? the season is not over yet. There is alotta of potential for a "big bang" at the end, feech goin back to prison,(maybe he figures whats goin on? a sub PO? i dont think hes that stupid) chris and tonys realtionship blemished (an issue of trust maybe down the road?) carmella and the school guy, Adrianna?? raymond curto? tony B going back into business, dont forget about the war with johnny and little carmin as well, paulie and christophers relationship, hell even the russian( you never know..)

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: The Fate Of The Sopranos #216240
04/20/04 09:33 AM
04/20/04 09:33 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I don't think I can predict what's to come. I try to every week and am usually wrong. :p I do understand how many of you feel, and agree that this season seems to be taking on a different direction. Yet, I don't think it's as bad as most of you, since I find myself even still eagerly looking forward to seeing it.

We are almost halfway thru this season, and and from what we have read, there is one more season to go. Really, I guess that is the fate of the show and I guess considering many of the opinions here, it's probably a good thing it is, since so many are disappointed. Maybe the writers are simply running out of ideas???

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Fate Of The Sopranos #216241
04/20/04 08:38 PM
04/20/04 08:38 PM
Pittsburgh
The Godfather Offline OP
Made Member
The Godfather  Offline OP
Made Member
Pittsburgh
TIS, I think your last line is probably right. I remember when the producers said that the plot couldn't be finished in one season and thats why they're doing 6. I hope that means a cliff hanger at the finale which would be cool.

Re: The Fate Of The Sopranos #216242
04/21/04 08:12 AM
04/21/04 08:12 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I consider the Sopranos a soap opera around an organized crime family - not a story about organized crime. So, to that end, there will be lots of character developement and interpersonal character conflict - not tough mob guys ripping off weak victims, or run-ins with the authorities, or inter-family wars, or bone-breakers, etc, etc. If we had a constant dose of mob-related incidence the show would become cliche. I think they provide the right mix of character angst and gritty drama.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: The Fate Of The Sopranos #216243
04/21/04 10:14 AM
04/21/04 10:14 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
It is kind of a soap opera Mary Cas, at least in terms of being a continuing story. I agree with you. I think perhaps it started out with, and we became use to more violence/whackings, but like you, I like the storylines within the Soprano family itself.

Then too, I liked being shocked by some of the whackings they've had too, and would like to think there will be more.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Fate Of The Sopranos #216244
04/21/04 03:57 PM
04/21/04 03:57 PM
Boston
Don'tForgetTheCannolis Offline
Made Member
Don'tForgetTheCannolis  Offline
Made Member
Boston
I think you have it right TIS about the whacking off of people popular in the show. I think that is what we are looking at happening. The question being who will be the "one to go." There are a lot of options and that is b/c the shows producers don't want anyone to know. All signs of having a big finale would probably point to Tony getting whacked himself. Atleast thats what I thought at one point, however now I tend to believe that maybe an all out war between families could be happening after that comment made towards Tony as being not a real boss b/c hes from Jersey. The only way that will continue is if Tony is continued to be not taken seriously. The truth is I don't know whats going to happen and thats the way I like it and the producers want it. All that Family bull with Carmella and shit I think is smoke screen for the viewers so we can be set up for something we won't see coming.

"Take it easy"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull