GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 574 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,121
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,724
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216163
04/09/04 10:24 PM
04/09/04 10:24 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline OP
Underboss
USA
With her son's future at stake, Carmela puts in some extra time with his college advisor, Robert Wegler. Meanwhile, Tony Blundetto realizes it's hard doing business with strangers, and AJ concludes there's no place like home.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216164
04/11/04 11:14 PM
04/11/04 11:14 PM
NC
Dynamike Offline
Wiseguy
Dynamike  Offline
Wiseguy
NC
Now THIS is The Sopranos that I remember!

What an episode!

"Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they're leading."
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216165
04/11/04 11:35 PM
04/11/04 11:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamike:
Now THIS is The Sopranos that I remember!
Huh??? You remember "The Sopranos" as a boring show??

Tonight's episode was S-L-O-W. Well, at least we got to see Carmela's tush, and hear AJ referred to as Fredo Corleone.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216166
04/11/04 11:41 PM
04/11/04 11:41 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I didnt like this one very much. Definetly the worst eppisode of the season. As far as I am concerned, the only thing important that happened, was when Tony B. asked to take the air bag job. Other then that, a whole lot of nothing.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216167
04/11/04 11:48 PM
04/11/04 11:48 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Yea, I was kind of disappointed in this episode as well. What's up with the counselor?? I didn't buy his reasoning for such a quick break-up with Carm.

I liked the Fredo Corleone reference as well. AJ is such an annoying bratI wanna slap him !

I agree, my least favorite episode of the season so far, with last week's being the best.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216168
04/11/04 11:56 PM
04/11/04 11:56 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
What's up with the counselor?? I didn't buy his reasoning for such a quick break-up with Carm.

Gotta be a chick thing. "L" hit it on the head about Carmela using the counselor (to AJ's benefit - I never thought of that), but with that in mind, I think the counselor was right in breaking it off with Carmela.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216169
04/12/04 12:01 AM
04/12/04 12:01 AM
California

California
Yea, I guess looking at it thru the counselor's point of view, I guess??? I think perhaps we know Carm better then he does. I take her for a lonely unfulfilled women who jumped at the first sign of attention. Even tho the counselor thought that what she wanted from him was to help AJ.

I don't think that's why she went for him. I think it was just that he gave her the attention she craved for, and being the "worrying" mother she is, didn't hesitate to ask for help, screwing (pardon the pun) :p things up in the process.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216170
04/12/04 12:09 AM
04/12/04 12:09 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Regardless of WHY Carmela chose to sleep with him, it wasn't too smart of him to go along with it.

Remember the old Jim Croce song -
"And they say,
You don't tug on Superman's cape,
You don't spit into the wind,
You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger,
And you don't mess around with Jim".

Add to that, "You don't sleep with Tony Soprano's wife".

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216171
04/12/04 12:19 AM
04/12/04 12:19 AM
California

California
Ha ha!! Yea SC, that song is fitting. I agree, it was not smart!!

Btw, what do you think the Korean guy is up to??? Do you think he's legit????

TIS

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216172
04/12/04 05:21 AM
04/12/04 05:21 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Btw, what do you think the Korean guy is up to??? Do you think he's legit????
Brings up a good point. I think the Korean laundry owner was legit; he saw a "drive" in Cousin Tony, and he figured it'd be a good investment opportunity for himself. What he didn't figure on was Cousin Tony shirking away from REAL work, and all that it entails. That 12 grand he found (easy money) reminded him of the old days (notice how fast and HOW he went through it), and he wants that lifestyle again. Thus, he's gonna get back into "the life".

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216173
04/12/04 08:18 AM
04/12/04 08:18 AM
toronto
DonMerghani187 Offline
Made Member
DonMerghani187  Offline
Made Member
toronto
remember wen the teacher tells carmela you strongarmed me with ur pussy that killed me

never go against the Don
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216174
04/12/04 08:19 AM
04/12/04 08:19 AM
toronto
DonMerghani187 Offline
Made Member
DonMerghani187  Offline
Made Member
toronto
remember wen the teacher tells carmela you strongarmed me with ur pussy that killed me

never go against the Don
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216175
04/12/04 09:37 AM
04/12/04 09:37 AM
California

California
I didn't like that. I would hate to be talked to that way. Yet, it did make it very clear how he felt.

TIS

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216176
04/12/04 10:51 AM
04/12/04 10:51 AM
Northern Virginia
Nick totoro Offline
Button
Nick totoro  Offline
Button
Northern Virginia
Quote:
I didn't like that. I would hate to be talked to that way. Yet, it did make it very clear how he felt.

TIS
In all fairness, what woman would like being talked to that way...

Still, consider it miscommunication, a matter of perspective or whatever. I do think she was honestly attracted to him for whatever reason. I don't think he was thinking hit it and split, either. I think he honestly did feel used and it was just not meant to be.

Very dangerous game, though...

Nick

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216177
04/12/04 10:58 AM
04/12/04 10:58 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Very good episode last night. I couldn't believe Carm got screwed over by that guy. I knew it wouldn't last but I thought AJ would have found out or something. Pretty funny stuff when Tony & Chris were talking about Buscemi's place with the dog place being a place for "snack eating" and with Kim's daughter having that "Kung-Pow cooch." Great stuff!

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216178
04/12/04 08:47 PM
04/12/04 08:47 PM
parameter Offline
Associate
parameter  Offline
Associate
Yeah, definitely my least favorite one of the season thus far, but I guess it cannot be helped.

Does it seem to anyone else that the writer is putting a lot of "filler" since he agreed to lengthen the series? It is still my favorite show though!

Last night neeeded more Paulie, but then again , every one does, that guys is hilarious.

I remeber that pic he put on his Mom's table a couple of seasons ago... " look Ma, just like home" kills me every time.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216179
04/12/04 09:15 PM
04/12/04 09:15 PM
G
gusmahler Offline
Wiseguy
gusmahler  Offline
G
Wiseguy
After the first couple of episodes this season, some were complaining that the storylines weren't resolved in one episode. So the last 3 episodes have had a story arc that lasted one episode each. And now others are complaining. You can't please everyone.

I think this season has been great so far.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216180
04/12/04 11:02 PM
04/12/04 11:02 PM
NC
Dynamike Offline
Wiseguy
Dynamike  Offline
Wiseguy
NC
Wonder if Edie Falco had a "bootie double" for that one scene.

"Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they're leading."
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216181
04/13/04 12:11 PM
04/13/04 12:11 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Good Episode

I thought the school advisor was a little out of charector when he gave Carm the boot. I don't think a man of his intelligence would use the P word.

I was rooting for Tony B to stay on the straight path. Oh well.

Watch Out Sopranos, Deadwood is gaining some momentum and is ready to pass by in the fast lane. I really enjoy Deadwood and look forward to it more than The Sopranos.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216182
04/13/04 04:02 PM
04/13/04 04:02 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
Good Episode

Watch Out Sopranos, Deadwood is gaining some momentum and is ready to pass by in the fast lane. I really enjoy Deadwood and look forward to it more than The Sopranos.
Line of the night from Paulie to Tony B., after Tony tells him that's he's going into business with the Korean: "Remember Pearl Harbor".

...As for Deadwood, I think it sucks. I was looking forward to it, but by the second episode it was putting me to sleep.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216183
04/13/04 06:09 PM
04/13/04 06:09 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[
...As for Deadwood, I think it sucks. I was looking forward to it, but by the second episode it was putting me to sleep. [/QB]
I see your problem , if you stay awake you will enjoy it more

The last two episodes of Deadwood have been great

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216184
04/17/04 12:08 AM
04/17/04 12:08 AM
USA
Don Pope Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline OP
Underboss
USA
episode 58

"Sentimental Education"

Directed by: Peter Bogdanovich
Written by: Matthew Weiner

Synopsis

"From now on, anytime somebody steps in a pile of shit - it's gonna be called a 'Blundetto

Struggling with two huge laundry bags, Tony Blundetto sets his foot on the back of his Kim's Southside Laundry truck. Just as he's about to heave in the bags, the motor starts; the truck lurches away and Tony B. falls backward onto the street. He manages to get up and give chase, only to trip and scrape his shin, leaving it a raw, bloody mess. When he gets back to the laundry, his boss, Sungyon Kim, is convinced Tony B. masterminded the theft. "Believe me," he snarls, "I no forget you professional criminal."

But Tony B. is making an honest effort at civilian life. With the encouragement of Gwen MacIntyre, his girlfriend whom he met online while incarcerated, he's diligently studying for the massage therapist license exam, an effort which is "practically doing two years of medical school on my own." Eventually, Mr. Kim comes to appreciate the additional load Tony B. is carrying and calls him into his office. He makes an offer: Kim will finance a massage studio to be run by his daughter and Tony B. "You pass test," he tells his amazed employee, "then you, me, my daughter make the big success journey."

Tony B. isn't the only one facing an academic challenge. A.J. remains perilously close to failing English, so Carmela visits Mr. Wegler. In addition to discussing A.J., Mr. Wegler, AKA Bob, persuades Carmela to have dinner with him. Afterwards, they go to his place where, for the first time in twenty years, Carmela has sex with a man other than Tony Soprano. Later, an exhilarated Carmela sneaks home past A.J., who's moved back following a physical altercation with his father.

Soon, things are looking up for Tony B. He passes his exam and spends his time off single-handedly gutting and renovating the storefront that will become the massage studio. Then something extraordinary happens: one night as he and Gwen are out walking, a car zooms past them and a small bag is tossed out its window. The bag contains several plastic vials and ten thousand dollars. Gwen convinces Tony B. to throw away the drugs and put the money into the business. "You are doubly blessed," she tells him.

Carmela feels blessed, too. She's enjoying a full-fledged romance with Bob and despite her initial misgivings and Father Intintola's stern disapproval, she has no intention of ending it. But one night Bob unexpectedly announces that they should "take a time out." Earlier, he used his position to strong-arm A.J.'s English teacher into raising his grade on a term paper. Now he claims Carmela is a "user" who slept with him to get him to do it. Brokenhearted, Carmela later tells her dad, "Whatever I say, whatever I do, because I was married to a man like Tony, my motives will always be called into question."

And Tony B. soon takes a detour on the big success journey. He blows his windfall on gambling, clothes for himself and toys for his sons. Then, while painting the walls of the massage studio, he quarrels with Gwen on the phone about a screwed-up furniture delivery. Immediately after, Kim shows up and within minutes Tony B. verbally attacks him. "You fuckin' stroll in?" he screams, "I'm over here bustin' my fuckin' ass!" Then it becomes physical, with Tony B. punching Kim in the face and beating him with a two-by-four. He ends up throwing out his back - and any hope of going straight. Soon after, he meets Tony S. at Vesuvio. Gingerly, he sits down, then says to his cousin, "You mentioned you might need someone to run the swag airbags."

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216185
04/17/04 05:33 PM
04/17/04 05:33 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Tony B was the entire episode IMHO. It was funny when he and Kim were beating the crap out of one another. I thought that Tony S was going to have a quick fling with Kim's daughter.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216186
04/17/04 05:35 PM
04/17/04 05:35 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
[b] Good Episode

Line of the night from Paulie to Tony B., after Tony tells him that's he's going into business with the Korean: "Remember Pearl Harbor".

...As for Deadwood, I think it sucks. I was looking forward to it, but by the second episode it was putting me to sleep. [/b][/quote]On Deadwood:

I think it has more cursing than the Sopranos. I have to agree it can be boring as hell.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216187
08/31/04 02:19 PM
08/31/04 02:19 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
I'm bumping this thread for the benefit of our fellow "Sopranos" fans in the UK.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216188
09/15/04 05:27 AM
09/15/04 05:27 AM
Dunfermline, Scotland
The Scottish Don Offline
Capo
The Scottish Don  Offline
Capo
Dunfermline, Scotland
I enjoyed the episode a lot last night. One of the best examples of showing how the Sopranos does not just rely on one character to make a show.

Carmella and Tony B had 90% of the screentime between them and their two tales were very cleverly dealt with.

Did anyone ever find out if that was Ms Falco's behind on show? Compliments anyway!

Tony B flipping out was inevitable yet sad at the the same time. Working his balls off to pass his exam, resisting temptations until that cash windfall. Not sure I would not have done exactly the same with a lot of that cash!

Roll on next week.........

Re: Season 5 Episode 6 "Sentimental Education" #216189
09/21/04 03:20 PM
09/21/04 03:20 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Brilliant episode. It seems the US folks aren't liking this season so much. They want continuity each week, and yet when that DOES happen they complain about subplots not being resolved? Hmmm...

Fantastic episode with not that much of Tony S. Tony B going illegit at the end will be interesting; I only hope he stays a good guy. Loved Carm's storyline. Falco's acting was perfect, as always; I haven't felt that nervous for a woman character since Alfy Singer's first encounter with a mumbling, nervous Annie Hall. AJ's the most annoying character ever, but an excellent part of the show, and Father Intintola (haven't seen him in a while!) is a big a shitface as ever.

My best part was when Tony bombed in the pool, perfectly highlighting the difference between Carm's husband and the schoolteacher. Buscemi's looking old.

Another fine episode in what I think is the best season so far!

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull