GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 250 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,032
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,348
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215973
03/19/04 08:02 PM
03/19/04 08:02 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline OP
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline OP
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
THE SOPRANOS 55: WHERE'S JOHNNY?
Rated TVMA: ADULT CONTENT, GRAPHIC LANGUAGE
Running Time: 54 minutes
Genre: Drama

Tony's power-sharing plan doesn't fly with Johnny Sack, who makes his point through a bookie named Lorraine Calluzzo. Out on parole, Feech La Manna (Robert Loggia) crosses Paulie in his attempt to break into the landscaping business; Tony gets a roommate; and Junior searches for the remains of the past while testing the patience of those closest to him.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215974
03/19/04 09:49 PM
03/19/04 09:49 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
I believe that the actress playing Lorraine is the same one that plays Bosco's on Third Watch.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215975
03/20/04 09:51 AM
03/20/04 09:51 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline OP
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline OP
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
I believe that the actress playing Lorraine is the same one that plays Bosco's on Third Watch.
That is correct. For an older lady, she is pretty impressive-looking, isn't she?

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215976
03/21/04 11:20 PM
03/21/04 11:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
A somewhat slow episode, but it still opened the door for some great future action.

Paulie is a real scumbag.....he's so petty. He gets a grand for the landscaper, but he only gives him half!?! He steals the competitor's lawn mower??? WTF was that all about?

If nothing else, this season is better showing a real picture of how the mob operates. They do ANYTHING for you, and they get a piece of your action.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215977
03/21/04 11:39 PM
03/21/04 11:39 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
A somewhat slow episode, but it still opened the door for some great future action.

Paulie is a real scumbag.....he's so petty. He gets a grand for the landscaper, but he only gives him half!?! He steals the competitor's lawn mower??? WTF was that all about?

If nothing else, this season is better showing a real picture of how the mob operates. They do ANYTHING for you, and they get a piece of your action.
A SLOW EPPISODE?????

I thought it was one of the most eventful eppisodes out of this or last season.

Things are heating up with Johnny Sac and Little Carmine.
Junior has Alzheimers.
Feech and Paulie almost went to war.

And thats not even the little stuff...

Artie movin in with Tony.
Tony and Janice gettin into a fist fight.

I thought it was a great eppisode. with out a doubt the best this season.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215978
03/22/04 12:16 AM
03/22/04 12:16 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I'm with you SC.....

I for one see just small potatoes. No real good meat.
Not that it is bad, but it just didn't grab you by the balls like they did in that one plot line.
I came away with...is that all there is?

Looking back I see some things, Bits and pieces, which were good, but like I said small potatoes.

I wanted or should I say expected more from it. Chase has done this to us before. After two good fastball shows he slips in a slider. Just two many walks and no home runs served up here.

Still when you love a show you settle for less I guess. The best thing was no Dr. Melfi.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215979
03/22/04 12:21 AM
03/22/04 12:21 AM
Pittsburgh
The Godfather Offline
Made Member
The Godfather  Offline
Made Member
Pittsburgh
Last weeks episode paled in comparison to tonight's! There is so much potential with Feech/Paulie. Janice and Bobby/Tony are fighting now and Junior's alzheimers has the workings of a lot of great things to come. I hate the Adriana scenes. Get that crap over with.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215980
03/22/04 12:32 AM
03/22/04 12:32 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Tonight's episode was the funniest of the season. I coudn't stop laughing. At the beginning when the first lawn guy got beat up & then when Paulie beat up the other guy, great stuff! Steve Buscemi's character wasn't in it too much tonight & Uncle Jun is starting to loss it. I thought it was a great episode & next week's looks awesome as well!

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215981
03/22/04 12:34 AM
03/22/04 12:34 AM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline
Underboss
South Florida
Feech is the greatest fucking character to hit the Sopranos this season. I love this guys attitude. Anyways, great episode, maybe not much signifigance in all that went on but def alot more action then the norm and very entertaining, i loved it.

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215982
03/22/04 04:49 AM
03/22/04 04:49 AM
New York
SenatorGeary Offline
Wiseguy
Happy Birthday SenatorGeary  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
Feech is awesome... best character introduced since Richie Aprile...

"What's mine is not yours to give."
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215983
03/22/04 08:29 AM
03/22/04 08:29 AM
Northern Virginia
Nick totoro Offline
Button
Nick totoro  Offline
Button
Northern Virginia
Did it look to anyone else like a new woman was playing Barbara... ?

Nick

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215984
03/22/04 09:51 AM
03/22/04 09:51 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
This was an excellent episode. I am still wondering about Junior's alzheimer. Junior walking around with a bathrobe and slippers is sort of reminescent of Vinnie "The Chin" Gigante. At the end of the episode Junior never answers Tony's question, "Don't you love me Uncle Jun?" It looked like Junior was about to cry. Paulie was hilarious. First he is listening to Sun Tsu than he is beating the crap out of the one guy with the shovel causing the other one to fall from the tree. I loved the way he explained it at the sitdown that the guy in the tree was coming at him with a chainsaw. The best scene was Frank Vincent's after he beats up Lorraine. The only reason she was allowed to walk away was the phonebook stopped the bullet. The biggest idiot is Christopher. Tony tells him to shut up but he goes on like he is consigliere when they are with Johnny Sac. I liked Johnnys retort about how Chris used to wait in the car and should still be doing that. Johnny sees that Chris is not ready for the position Tony gave him.

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215985
03/22/04 09:52 AM
03/22/04 09:52 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Its kind of hard to catergorize the first three episodes. As you can see our comments cover a wide range. I like them. I think Chase has a big challenge by introducing several new characters and keeping old plotlines developing. No doubt the tension is building up; Sack and Soprano, the NY family, Chrisopher and Tony, Christopher and Adriana, Adriana and FBI, Paulie and Feech, Tony B and Tony S., Janice and Bobby. Kind of like the Ralphie/Tony tension of last season, but more potential combinations.

Frank Vincent was excellent. Feech is bit overdone, but Robert Loggia can sell it. Episode 3 - no Melfi, no Carmella, no Meadow. Lots of Junior - last scene was touching. Having lived through my mother with Alzheimers, I know how the beginning stages can be very frustrating and confusing for the family.

A side point: One thing that seems a little unrealistic. All these old guys beating people up; Johnny Sack last year (?) beating up one of Tony's guys in Little Italy, Feech pummeling Vittro, Paulie smacking the LaManna guy. What happened to the muscle-guys doing the dirty work. For a 70+ year old guy, Feech didn't even break a knuckle.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215986
03/22/04 09:54 AM
03/22/04 09:54 AM
New York
SenatorGeary Offline
Wiseguy
Happy Birthday SenatorGeary  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick totoro:
Did it look to anyone else like a new woman was playing Barbara... ?

Nick
I noticed that too.... I think its a new actress...

"What's mine is not yours to give."
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215987
03/22/04 10:13 AM
03/22/04 10:13 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I thought it was a pretty neat episode. With the whacking of the waiter last week, and now this poor landscaper, (boy was he in bad shape ), it seems there doesn't need to be much of a reason to kill someone.

Tony and Janice's fight was good. I don't trust Feech and Tony's cousin Tony (Buscemi). I am not certain either of Adriana's fate. I keep waiting for someone to spot her with the FBI agent.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215988
03/22/04 12:36 PM
03/22/04 12:36 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
It looks like Feech will become the new Richie Aprile. All he has to do is get rid of Bobby B. and hook up w/ Janice.

The funniest part was Junior watching TV and thinking that Larry David & Jeff Garlin were him & Bobby.

Too many civilians being involved, I wish they would just let the animals kill each other.

Tony has been too sensitive towards comments made about him. I wonder if that will develope into anything like a breakdown in the future.

I hope Junior takes his meds, I like Junior with his wits about him.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215989
03/22/04 02:36 PM
03/22/04 02:36 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Overall, I'd say it was a so so episode. That Lorraine is a nice piece of ass if I may say so. It was quite funny how Feech and Paulie were arguing over territory and neither of them got anything big. Johnny Sac seems to be losing control over his emotions. Its disturbing that Adrianna has to be a rat. Wonder what'll happen when the family finds out?

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215990
03/22/04 10:05 PM
03/22/04 10:05 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline OP
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline OP
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Another solid episode. Again, not a great one, but still quite good and immensely entertaining. This one, "Where's Johnny?", is the best episode of the three we've seen thus far.

It starts with Tony catching up on some work at the Bada Bing. His cousin, Tony Blundetto, is working as a delivery driver for a cleaning service place, and he is making his daily rounds when he stops in the Bing to make a drop-off/pick-up. Tony B and Tony talk a bit. My earlier suspicion that Tony B is bitter towards Tony for having to do 15 years in prison seems to be true. They allude to a hijacking that went wrong, that sent Tony B to prison.

Tony B also mentions that he had been speaking with Feech LaManna, and it's clear that Tony doesn't approve of this. Remember in the previous episode, Tony and Hesh were watching Tony B and Feech chat at the Bing, and neither looked happy.

During his conversation with his cousin, Tony takes a couple of half-playful slaps at Georgie, the Bing bartender who has been Tony's punching bag for years. Georgie shies away like beaten dog. I wonder, when is Georgie finally gonna snap like a rubber band from all the abuse he takes?

Later that day, Feech and Tony B are driving after having lunch. Feech starts to speak candidly to Tony B about his cousin Tony (calls him the "boy-king"), but stops when he notices some "business" he has to take care of. Feech pulls over and confronts a landscaper, Salvatore Vitro. Feech lets him know that his landscaping company (run by his nephew, E. Gary LaManna) now owns all the accounts in the neighborhood, that Vitro is, in fact, out of business around that part of town. Vitro tells him to fuck off, and he pays for it. Feech goes crazy, kicking Sal in the nuts, then beating him bloody with his fists. Feech sadistically drags the pummelled Sal over to the curb by his balls, then stomps on his arm, breaking it badly. Tony B, alarmed, intercedes, and Feech finally stops, and they drive off.

Overall, the beating Feech puts on this poor landscaper makes the beating Richie Aprile put on the pizzeria owner Beansie Gaeta in Season Two look like a Swedish massage. Nasty stuff.

Junior is at home, watching TV with one of his crew members, an old mobster named Tommy. Junior, clearly confused, is watching the HBO show "Curb Your Enthusiasm", and thinks that HE is on TV! (Pretty funny; I wonder how Larry David likes that he and Uncle Junior look alike?)

Bobby Bacala has a meeting with Tony at the Bing. Bobby was promoted to capo of Junior's crew a year ago, but has yet to reap the rewards of the new position. He asks Tony for added responsibilities, a chance to earn more, besides picking up medication for Junior. He has to take care of his two kids and Janice, his new wife. Tony asks how Janice is doing, Bobby tells him she has been sleeping a lot, prone to depression. Tony starts to warn Bobby about his sister, but decides not to. Tony promises to give Bobby more responsibility.

Paulie and his mother, Nucci Gualtieri, visit Paulie's Aunt Mary. His aunt lives in the neighborhood where the landscaper Sal Vitro used to work. Paulie learns of the beating Sal took, and finds out that it was because Feech LaManna is muscling in on the landscaping territory. Paulie decides to do something to help Sal out.

New York loan shark Lorraine Calluzzo and her bodyguard Jason Evanina pay a visit to a bartender who owes her money. In the middle of the collection, the door opens, and New York mobsters Phillip Leotardo (the capo played by Frank Vincent), Joey Peeps, and Billy Leotardo walk in. They are here to deliver a message: Lorraine is to kick her points up to John "Johnny Sack" Sacrimoni, NOT Little Carmine Lupertazzi, like she has been doing. Phil slaps around Lorraine as Billy pins Jason to the floor, a gun to his head. Joey duct-tapes Lorraine to a chair. Phil gets ready to shoot Lorraine, using a phone book held to her chest to muffle the noise of the shot. Lorraine, panicking for her life, says she'll do anything, promising to blow the New York mobsters if they'll let her live. Phil comes up with a great line, saying to Jason, "She'll suck our cocks? Is she any good? What am I askin' you for? You probably showed her how!" Phil pulls the trigger of his low-caliber pistol, but the bullet doesn't go through the entire phone book. The whole thing was a mock execution meant to scare Lorraine into getting with Johnny Sack's program.

The next day, there is a meeting at the office of Junior's lawyer, Harold "Mel" Melvoin. Attending are Tony, Junior, Lorraine, Jason, and Angelo Garepe. Angelo was the late Carmine Lupertazzi's consigliere for over three decades. He is one of the oldtime mobsters who just got out of prison. The subject of the meeting is the big problem between Little Carmine, the late boss's son, and Johnny Sack, the underboss. Carmine never named a successor, and now his son and his underboss are butting heads over who should be the new boss of Brooklyn. As Angelo says: "There is a lotta potential for bloodshed." Tony recommends that the new leadership be a triumverate (though he can't say the word!), a division of power between Johnny, Little Carmine, and Angelo. Angelo is dubious over this, but Tony promises to sell it to Johnny Sack.

During this meeting, Junior is showing further signs that he is losing his mind. He says of his nephew: "He never was a varsity athlete." Tony and the New York mobsters note this peculiar behavior, but say nothing, thinking Junior is just being a ball-buster.

Paulie meets with the injured Sal Vitro, who is now out of work thanks to the LaMannas. Paulie tells Sal he will intercede on Sal's behalf, but for a price. Sal reluctantly agrees.

Paulie meets Feech at the old mobster's bakery. They discuss the issue of the landscaper. Paulie tells Feech to back off of Vitro, let him have his business back. The discussion gets heated, until Feech explodes at Paulie, "What's yours is yours, Paulie! But what ain't, belongs to ANYBODY! Now do yourself a favor, and get the fuck out of here!" Paulie glares at Feech venomously, but leaves.

Tony drives his son AJ and his sister Janice to Junior's house for the traditional Sunday dinner (but not before picking up the catered food at Vesuvio's that Janice "cooked" for everyone!). As they drive, Tony lets Janice know that she can help her husband Bobby earn more money by helping out with Uncle Junior, thus freeing up Bobby to do more with work. Janice whines about being too busy with the house and Bobby's kids. Tony points out that their sister Barbara has no problem helping out, and she lives in upstate New York. Janice retorts that, "Barbara's kids are normal", inferring that Bobby's kids aren't, mentioning Bobby Jr's bedwetting (which AJ smirks at, the little shit that he is). Of course, Janice had a hand in messing up Bobby's kids (that whole Ouija board thing from last season), but she won't mention that! Janice also starts sympathizing with their late mother, the evil Livia.

In Vesuvio, they pick up Sunday dinner. Tony walks in the kitchen and buries the hatchet with Artie. Artie is in the same boat as Tony, separated from his wife. He has been living in a motel. Tony invites Artie to live in the spare rooms at his home. Artie gratefully agrees.

At Junior's Sunday dinner commences. Junior makes a comment to everyone at the table, again saying that Tony "never had the makings of varsity athlete." This has been a sore subject with Junior for Tony for years (he told this to Melfi in the first episode of the first season). Tony gets angry and tells Junior he doesn't want to hear that again. Barbara and her family arrive for dinner. One of the first things Junior says to them is the "varsity athlete" comment. Tony flies into a rage and storms out in the middle of dinner, taking AJ with him. Dinner continues in silence.

While visiting his Aunt Mary, Paulie sees the injured Sal Vitro, and feels bad that he wasn't able to help out the landscaper. Because of the financial crunch the LaMannas put on his landscaping business, Sal had to fire his help and have his son (who WAS in college) work for him for free. Paulie decides that action will speak louder than words.

That night, Tony meets with Johnny Sack to discuss the problems with Little Carmine. Johnny explains his reasons for roughing up and intimidating Lorraine: he wants to make it clear to everyone, especially the capos, that HE is in charge, not Little Carmine, and that payments upstream should continue as usual. To HIM, not Little Carmine. Tony runs his power-sharing idea by Johnny, presenting it as Angelo's idea. Johnny completely rejects the idea. Compromise between Johnny and Little Carmine seems impossible, and Tony is the unenviable position of trying to mediate.

The next day, Bobby arrives at Junior's house. He discovers that Junior's associate Tommy is watching TV, unaware that Junior left the house and has disappeared. Bobby freaks out. He begins making phone calls to everyone, including Junior's ex-girlfriend Bobbi Sanfilippo (the woman whose face Junior mashed with a pie when he dumped her). He cannot find Junior anywhere, and is beginning to panic. Bobby calls Janice for help, asking her to come over to the house while he searches for Junior. Janice doesn't want to get off of her fat lazy ass.

Meanwhile, Junior is wandering around the streets of Newark. He walks into a building that his late brother Johnny Boy Soprano (Tony's dad) used to use as a place of business. It is now a church in the now-predominantly black community. He wants to speak with his brother Johnny. Clearly, Junior os losing it. They show Junior the door, and he continues wandering the streets.

Paulie is driving to meet with Gary LaManna. As he drives, he is listening to a book on tape of Sun Tzu's "The Art Of War" (hilarious!). Paulie demands to speak with Gary, who is standing in a tree, chainsawing limbs. Paulie demands that they pay for Sal's medical bills. Gary and his workmate Jimmy tell Paulie to "eat shit". Paulie then grabs a shovel. He knocks out Jimmy with a hard blow to the back of the head. Jimmy falls over, letting go of Gary's safety harness. Gary falls from the tree and hits the sidewalk. Paulie empties Gary's wallet and steals a lawn mower. (this is one of the funniest things I've seen Paulie ever do!)

Tony is getting ready for a big lunch meeting in New York. Christopher is driving him. Tony tells Chris not to bring up the subject of Little Carmine to Johnny Sack. At the end of his rope as far as finding Junior goes, a panicked Bobby finally calls Tony. Tony, still angry with his uncle over the "varsity athlete" slight, tells Bobby he doesn't care where Junior is.

Tony, Christopher, and Vito Spatafore (now in the charge of the Aprile crew once run by Ralph Cifaretto) meet with Johnny Sack and his associate Joey Peeps over lunch in Brooklyn. Johnny is talking about the younger Lupertazzi. Against Tony's orders, Chris starts talking with Johnny about Little Carmine. He attempts to play consigliere, trying to smooth things out between Johnny and Little Carmine. Johnny becomes enraged, and laces into Christopher, "Ya know, I remember there was a time you used to wait in the car. I think you should STILL be there!" Johnny and Joey walk out of the meeting.

As they drive back to New Jersey, a furious Tony vents at Christopher for his screw-up. It's Tony's intention to let Little Carmine and Johnny Sack fight it out, so the Soprano Family can pick up the pieces. He doesn't necessarily want a peaceful resolution to the Lupertazzi-Sacrimoni conflict, and Chris' actions during lunch could have fouled up that plan. And now Johnny is even more angry with Tony. Tony says, "Now I gotta do something nice for him."

In another of their clandestine meetings, Adriana tells FBI Agent Robyn Sanseverino about the intricacies of Italian blood family relations. Adriana asks how long she'll have to keep being a snitch. Sanseverino tells her that a major RICO case against Tony Soprano would take years to build, and she cites a recent RICO case against a New York mobster named Joe Macino.

Meanwhile, Junior is still lost. He sits on a curbside bench in a rough part of Newark. An older black woman, maybe homeless, maybe a crack addict, sits next to him and strikes up a conversation. Confused, Junior asks her if she knows his brother Johnny and "did we have relations?" She offers him a "date" (what "I'll give you a half-and-half in the back seat" means, I don't wanna know!), but he wanders off once again.

Later, when it's dark out, he is still aimlessly wandering around the streets of Newark (reminds you of real-life mobster Vincent "The Chin" Gigante, doesn't it?) in his bathrobe and slippers. Two Newark cops in a cruiser spot him as he trips over a trash pile and bangs up his knee. The start to drive over to him. Junior spots the cops and tries to hide from them behind a dumpster. After some disjointed conversation, the cops ask him his name. When he says, "Corrado Soprano", the cops look at each other, startled. They obviously know who the Mafia don of North Jersey is, but don't believe it's this confused old man in front of them. They bring him along in their car and drive him home.

Janice and Bobby to go to Livia's old home (where Tony is now living, with his new roommate Artie) to tell Tony about the problems with Junior. He's still missing, but Tony, still angry over what Junior said to him, doesn't care. When Janice starts in on Tony and says, "And you wonder why you live here alone without your family?", Tony focuses his anger on his sister.

In a huge tirade that has been long overdue, Tony lets Janice have it with both barrels. He accuses her of shirking her responsibilities and running away, leaving him to deal with their awful mother for decades. "Free spirit Janice, rebel without a cause, while I was mired in her bullshit, trying to be a good son, while you were off dropping acid and blowing roadies!" Bobby is watching all of this argument, gape-jawed, and when Tony says this, his reaction is priceless: "ROADIES?!"

Janice is shaking with anger, so you know Tony's words are dead-on accurate. Tony accuses Janice of being exactly like Livia, saying how Livia destroyed Johnny Boy Soprano's life. Pointing to Bobby, Tony snarls, "You're gonna do to this man what you do to every one of 'em!" Janice snaps and attacks her brother, slapping him and screaming. Tony wraps his hands around her neck and chokes her. She cries out in pain. Bobby and Artie step in to break them up, and poor Artie gets an elbow in the eye from Janice for his efforts. Janice runs out of the house, crying and screaming. Bobby is standing there, a look on his face that says, "What the HELL did I just marry myself into?" Tony glares at Bobby before he leaves, and says to him, "You want more responsibility? Start with controllin' your wife."

The next day, Tony is mediating a sit-down between Feech and Paulie over the landscaping dispute. Feech is accusing Paulie of attacking Gary and Jimmy, and knocking Gary out of the tree after hitting Jimmy with a shovel. Paulie protests, "He jumped out the tree, and came at me with a chainsaw!"
Tony lays down the law with Paulie and Feech, ordering them to have their landscapers split up the disputed territory evenly. He also orders Feech to pay $1000 to Paulie for Sal's medical expenses. From this meeting, Tony knows that Feech is holding out on him, not giving the boss the upstream payments he should be. (File this away for future reference; this will no doubt become a point of contention between the two later!) Paulie also volunteers Sal to do some free lawn work, which gives Tony an idea.

Paulie tells poor Sal of the new arrangement. Not only does he lose half his business to the LaMannas, but he has to kick some weekly points to Paulie as well, AND work for free for certain "friends" of Paulie's.

Tony and Eugene Pontecorvo are heading back to the club house after enjoying a round of golf. Tony runs into a physician, Dr. Winer, who treated Livia Soprano when she was at Green Grove, and is currently treating Junior. From the doctor, Tony learns that all of Junior's hurtful remarks toward him weren't borne of ill will, but were side effects of the condition affecting Junior mentally. Tony is clearly taken aback by this news.

Outside of the Sacrimonis' Jersey mansion, Sal Vitro and his son work for free, cutting their lawn. This is the "nice thing" Tony does for Johnny Sack to smooth things over with that bad lunch meeting that Chris screwed up.

Tony goes over to Junior's house. Junior is watching the Nature Channel. While speaking with Junior about his problems, Tony learns that Feech has been over to Junior's, and complained to him about Tony's ruling in the landscaping beef.
Tony conveys to Junior that he understands he meant nothing hurtful with his remarks. He asks Junior why he has to focus on only negative things, and asks his uncle if he loves him.
The old man nearly is brought to tears.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215991
03/22/04 11:29 PM
03/22/04 11:29 PM
Pittsburgh
The Godfather Offline
Made Member
The Godfather  Offline
Made Member
Pittsburgh
I don't understand Junior's constant nagging of Tony's lackluster football abilities? Is that alzheimer's or a deeper meaning?

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215992
03/23/04 12:02 AM
03/23/04 12:02 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Probably alzheimer's, but it's still funny stuff. "He never had the makings of a varsity athlete!"

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215993
03/23/04 12:13 AM
03/23/04 12:13 AM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Junior still thinks that he's the boss, but he's not

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215994
03/23/04 12:26 AM
03/23/04 12:26 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline OP
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline OP
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Godfather:
I don't understand Junior's constant nagging of Tony's lackluster football abilities? Is that alzheimer's or a deeper meaning?
The doctor Tony spoke with said that the symptoms of Junior's condition (I forget the name of his condition) include focusing on one thing and saying it over and over, and being obstinate.

Look at this way: Junior is a CD entitled "Mean Old Prick", and the CD keeps skipping on the same thing over and over!

Hopefully, with the medication, Junior will be back to his old self again.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215995
03/23/04 12:34 AM
03/23/04 12:34 AM
California

California
The doctor didn't actually say it was Alzheimer's thought did he?? I assume that's what it is though.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215996
03/23/04 09:34 AM
03/23/04 09:34 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline OP
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline OP
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
The doctor didn't actually say it was Alzheimer's thought did he?? I assume that's what it is though.

TIS
No, it's not Alzheimer's at all. The doctor told Tony that it was something called "infarcts", akin to several mini-strokes. He said Junior suffered some brain trauma from this. Dr. Winer also said this can be controlled through medication, which is great news for Junior (and fans of Junior, like me!). He'll be back to his old self before long.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215997
03/23/04 10:01 AM
03/23/04 10:01 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Having gone through a parent with Alzheimers (used to be called senility) its a complicated, debilitating disease. But you can put Junior's condition "infarcs" or mini-strokes, Alzheimers and dementia under the same umbrella. The brain is affected and in turn so will certain functions; physical and mental. Memory is the first noticeable one. The repetitive statements are another. Medication may control it or delay it, but never cure it.

Junior will get worse over time. Junior's search for Johnny is classic dementia. Your first reaction (like Tony's) is to try and use logic and rationale to make them understand or reason with them, but its useless. One day my mother started packing to move from a house she lived in and owned for 40 years because she said the landlord was evicting her.

It should be very interesting to see where Chase takes this.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215998
03/27/04 11:25 AM
03/27/04 11:25 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

SC,

Yes, David Chase reminds you from time to time what real scumbags these guys really are! He lulls you into loving the character(s) and then boom, the next week you see what a cold blooded scumbag the character(s) really is! My interpretation of Paulie this past week was this : No mater how high he may rise in the family or what power and authorities he may be given, the bottom line is that he is and always will be a petty theif! It's in his blood.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #215999
03/27/04 11:48 AM
03/27/04 11:48 AM
California

California
I agree Don C. Paulie seems to be impulsive and careless. The waiter at the restaurant, and now the landscaper (in broad daylight). He isn't the brightest bulb in the box, and is more a "petty" hood than any kind of mob boss. It seems to be more apparent each season. Maybe he will be next to go.

TIS

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #216000
03/27/04 04:54 PM
03/27/04 04:54 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Paulie is a true Wiseguy. He sees an opening and takes it. No one's toes were stepped on. Tony whacked a guy over a horse without permission. I have a feeling there are going to be consequences down the road.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #216001
03/27/04 05:30 PM
03/27/04 05:30 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline OP
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline OP
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
Tony whacked a guy over a horse without permission. I have a feeling there are going to be consequences down the road.
And what's more, I don't think Ralphie even REALLY killed the horse!

That just shows you how royally screwed up Tony's priorities are. The previous year, Ralphie beats an innocent girl to death with his bare hands, but Tony doesn't do anything about it because of the "rules". A year later, Tony SUSPECTS and THINKS Ralphie MIGHT have killed the horse (not a person, but an animal), and THEN Tony is willing to shirk the "rules" and he kills Ralphie!

As Melfi pointed out when Tony was being all sad over Pie O My's death, "But I haven't seen you get emotional over the death of PEOPLE!"

You can bet the murder of Ralphie is gonna come back to bite Tony. I bet someone is gonna discover his head and hands on the Palmices' farm.

Re: Season 5, Episode 3: "Where's Johnny?" #216002
03/28/04 01:15 PM
03/28/04 01:15 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Ralphie, did too, burn down the horse. He amkes it quite obvious.

And since when does Tony need permission to whack a guy. He is a boss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull