GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ciment, Toodoped), 67 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,685
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215453
01/10/04 10:06 PM
01/10/04 10:06 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline OP
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline OP

Gateshead, UK
As you lot over the pond have a enviably mere two months to wait for what I feel is going to be the best season so far, I want to post about The Rise and Fall of the Soprano Empire.

Season One saw Tony's crew secretly rise to the top because of his allowing Uncle Junior to be the Boss of the Family. Things are going well. Nobody's in trouble with the law, nephew Christopher is a hothead, true, but is showing slight signs of maturing after his bad influence associate Brendan is killed by Mikey Palmice. Tony is flying high and running things behind closed doors, while Junior is secretly plotting against his "Rat" nephew with Tony's mother, Livia. The end of Season One sees a slight mishap in Pussy going AWOL, informant cop Makazian throwing himself off of a bridge, and Jimmy Altieri--a capo of all people!--is wearing a wire. But Tony is Tony, soon to be Boss of the Family, and has loyal underlings. Loyal enough to bump off Altieri at the drop of a hat. With one rate gone, it's time to bump off Junior and Livia. But while the former is conveniently arrested, the latter fakes a stroke to avoid any confrontation with her survived son. Tony's Family is back on top form with Palmice gone too, and his family also show signs of putting their somewhat dysfunctional season behind them, coming together on one stormy night at Artie's.

Season Two sees the return of best friend Pussy, and after an initial question of loyalty, Tony figures it's great to have him back. It's also great to have his hippy sister Parvati (Janice) back too, to look after that "old bat" Livia. Junior's in the can and then on house arrest, while Tony and Co. are having the times of their lives over in Italy arranging car deals. Things couldn't be better. The only thing Tony has to worry about is his in-law-to-be, hothead Richie Aprile, who needs to be kept on a tight leash lest he runs over the wrong person next time. But Beansy isn't that close of a friend of Tony's, so Tony lets it go, deciding to keep a close eye on Richie. Carmela is the same old Carmela, probably knowing of Tony's many affairs, but she is easily won back with a fur coat. Tony has her round his little finger; there's no need to worry about screwing every other bird who flashes more than a glance at him, is there? Then things start to go a bit wrong. Tony's having awful dreams about fish and betrayal and suddenly Pussy's wearing a wire. No more than 24 hours later he's at the bottom of the Atlantic. Bye bye best friend Pussy. Junior's winning Tony's trust back by leaking that Richie's eyeing up the Boss role. Tony's stress levels are high and rising, but are soon deflated when his sister blows Richie into an oblivion for him. Bye bye Richie.

Season Three comes round and we are finally shown signs of a crumbling Empire. The Soprano household is under heavy scrutiny from the Feds, while Tony has to live with the ordering of Bobby Baccalieri, Sr. virtually to his death by whacking Mustang Sally. Patsy Parisi is eyeing up a kill on Tony for the whacking of his brother Philly, too! And if things couldn't get any worse, Ralphie Cifaretto is causing problems by blowing up Albert Barese's dumpsters, and as always, Tony has to sort it all out. Ralphie wants to be captain, and Tony says no. Meanwhile, the books have been opened, and Christopher, showing heavy signs of becoming a major player in the Family, is finally made. But Ralphie's still at it. He's killing Bada Bing girls and disrespecting Tony, turning down drinks and all sorts. It's sorted out in the end by a forgiving Tony, seeing he hasn't won the battle with a stubborn Ralphie. If that wasn't bad enough, Tony is trying to convince himself that he's glad his mother died, while Family captain Raymond Curto is talking to the Feds. Meadow is seeing an African American, and then ups her standards a little in Jackie Aprile, Jr. But even that turns sour, and Tony constantly finds himself warning Jackie about mistreating Meadow. Tony finds some escapism in Gloria Trillo. But everybody has secrets, and Gloria's soon turn out to be very dysfunctional indeed. All of a sudden, Tony's marriage is on the line when Trillo threatens to phone Carmela. Meanwhile, Jackie, Jr. is holding up card games, a problem Tony lets Ralph deal with. Although Patsy Parisi deals with Gloria, Season Three ends in a bad way. Troubled Meadow runs out of Jackie's funeral, AJ has a panic attack because of the threat of military school, Tony has dodgy business with the Russians (thanks to some inability to shut up on Paulie's part) and Mr. Walnuts is arrested.

Season Four is the icing on the cake. Christopher Moltisanti is into drugs big time, and in every other scene he's got a needle of heroin injecting into his foot, while his fiancée Adrianna is under the venemous eye of the FBI. Paulie's in jail and very, very mad at Tony. He's singing like a canary to Johnny Sack, and it's costing Tony nothing but a lot of grief and a shit load of money. Tony has problems with Johnny Sack. Top earner Ralphie cracks a joke, and soon Sack's putting kids in hospital and wanting to whack the SOB. Old school Carmine refuses the sanction, and Tony soon sees himself heading for a war with New York, resolved not by Tony, but by an oblivious Johnny Sack himself. While Adrianna's telling the Feds everything they want to know and more, Tony can't resist havign a go at Ralphie's gumar, a deed which results in the killing of Pie O My, the only thing which gave him any real joy. Tony pays a visit to Ralph, and Mr. Cifaretto is soon headless and being thrown off a cliff into the sea. Furio, meanwhile, is having serious thoughts about Carmela, and Carmela is returning the gestures. Unbeknownst to Tony, Paulie is plotting against him with New York, and Junior's trial has started. Christopher's addiction is now at its worst, and it takes a convention to sort it all out, at which Paulie and Silvio try kicking some sense into him--literally. With Furio flying off to God-knows-where and Carmela down in the dumps, Tony, after a brief fling with one-legged Svetlana, buys the family a house. And it's all looking rather rosey, until Tony's past comes back to haunt him. Irina, his ex-gumar, phones Carmela. A scene later, and Tony's golf balls are rolling down the drive and everything. It's all gone wrong. Tony's financial problems are running high, his marriage is on the brink of a divorce, he's almost at war with New York (still!) and he hasn't got a house.

Season Four ends leaving us very high and dry as to what happens next with Tony. But it can only be worse. His wife is showing no remorse for kicking him out, he's in a financial mess, hasn't got a proper place to stay yet, and has lost his foundation on which his Empire was once built.

I can't wait for Season Five!

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215454
01/10/04 10:25 PM
01/10/04 10:25 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Nice thoughts one the whole Soprano sage so far, you've dealt with the main details with enough detail but nicely breifly as well. Season four leaves us with alot of questions which we hope will be answered in 5. The directors did an excellent job of doing a thriller theme in 4 with the audience unsure about the usual loyal capos of Tony being slightly unloyal.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215455
01/11/04 03:56 AM
01/11/04 03:56 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Thanks for bringing us up to date. I should have no problems following 5 now.

You talkin' to me?
Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215456
01/11/04 05:25 PM
01/11/04 05:25 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
Capo how come you packed in your version of series 5?

Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215457
01/11/04 05:49 PM
01/11/04 05:49 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
I'm not sure, Knocc Out. I just stopped doing it, falling short of about five episodes. The notes I made for the version I still have, but the enthusiasm I don't.

Mick

Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215458
01/12/04 09:17 AM
01/12/04 09:17 AM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
Lol i know what you mean

Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215459
01/14/04 10:42 PM
01/14/04 10:42 PM
D
Don Tissinno Offline
Made Member
Don Tissinno  Offline
D
Made Member
Unless there's a good reason to keep the FBI gnawing at Tony's heels into the 6th and final season, I would like to see the Bureau agents get their come-uppance this season....they need to get burned somehow. How about Agent Harris getting whacked by friendly fire from a Joe Pistone type mole during a FBI raid gone bad...the resulting investigation uncovers major misfeasance, malfeasance and nonfeasance by the entire OC task force from Adrianne and the surviving agents all end up doind a perp walk...

"I'm with you now, Pop. I'm with you."

"Don't worry about anything Frankie Five Angels."
Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215460
01/16/04 10:10 AM
01/16/04 10:10 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I'd rather not see law enforcement agents getting harmed, after all they're just doing there job to protect us even if it is fiction. But if say someone was corrupt - now that'd be good to see them whacked.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215461
01/20/04 04:52 PM
01/20/04 04:52 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
What we do know for sure is that Crime boss, Carmine Lupertazzi, dies of natural causes (Possibly a heart attack).

Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215462
01/21/04 04:58 PM
01/21/04 04:58 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Boss_of_bosses:
What we do know for sure is that Crime boss, Carmine Lupertazzi, dies of natural causes (Possibly a heart attack).
Thanks very much for that spoiler! :p

Mick

Re: What's in stall for Tony in Season Five? (Long post; please read) #215463
02/14/04 12:37 PM
02/14/04 12:37 PM
D
Don Tissinno Offline
Made Member
Don Tissinno  Offline
D
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'd rather not see law enforcement agents getting harmed, after all they're just doing there job to protect us even if it is fiction. But if say someone was corrupt - now that'd be good to see them whacked.
Normally I would be in agreement but this bumbling squad of dragnet wannabe's cries for foul to be called....their treatment of Adrianne was the worst case of "sting" that I have seen the FBI portrayed doing. And as this show IS about the CN being the good guys, the FBI has to take one for the good of the show.

"I'm with you now, Pop. I'm with you."

"Don't worry about anything Frankie Five Angels."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull