GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Irishman12), 87 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,652
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,169
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,873
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
eckley #215428
01/03/04 07:47 PM
01/03/04 07:47 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline OP
Underboss
USA
i was watching the first season again after awhile, and in the first episode hesh was talking about uncle junior being mad at tonys father juniors brother, being mad at tony, and being mad at his other younger brother cuz he was made before him, but in another season uncle junior said his other brother was retarded. so how was he made? and i know for a fact there was only three brothers.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: eckley #215429
01/04/04 09:49 AM
01/04/04 09:49 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Take a deep breath and relax......

I think you're getting a little mixed up here. Uncle Junior may have been mad that Johnny Boy (Tony's dad) was made before him, but the middle brother (Ercoli) was the one who was retarded. Ercoli was never made, and he died shortly before Johnny Boy did, but Tony was never aware that Ercoli ever existed. Here's the dialogue from the Season Two episode explaining it:

J: They don't make 'em like Johnny. And keep in mind that he paid the freight for your Uncle Eckley. That was a major fucking nut.

T: Who? Who the fuck is Eckle?

J: Forget it. Keep thinking you know everything. Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they're leading.

T: Yeah, that's cute. Who the fuck is Eckle?

J: Eckley, Eckley. Let's talk about something else.

T: No, you opened this clam, my friend. Who is he?

J: You don't know him. It's water under the bridge. Just know that me and your father looked out for him. He wanted for nothing.

T: Fuck you, fuck Eckle. I don't got time for this shit.

J: He was my younger brother. He was between me and your father in age. His name was Eckley. Actually, Ercoli, Hercules. Named after my grandfather.

T: What are you saying? I got another uncle?

J: Sharp as a fucking cue ball. Yeah, I'm saying your father and me had a brother you didn't know about. 'Cause he was... he was different in those days. Mother and father didn't even speak the language. They couldn't take care of a kid like that. God bless your grandmother. She went to every charity home in this fucking state till she found one that she felt would take good care of him.

T: What are you saying, he was retarded?

J: Why don't you go fuck yourself. He was slow. He was strong as a fucking bull, handsome like George Raft. If it was today, they might have trained him to be a... whatever or something. Get him a job. They didn't understand these things back then. Jesus. What were we thinking?

T: Unfucking believable. I remember my mother and my father arguing about-- something, I don't know. And, uh... she kept talking about my father's feeble minded brother, but I always thought she meant you. What a kick in the balls. When did he die?

J: Not long before your father.

Re: eckley #215430
01/04/04 12:28 PM
01/04/04 12:28 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SC:

I remember my mother and my father arguing about-- something, I don't know. And, uh... she kept talking about my father's feeble minded brother, but I always thought she meant you.

Ha ha...That cracked me up!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: eckley #215431
01/04/04 01:42 PM
01/04/04 01:42 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline OP
Underboss
USA
no in the first episode hesh says he was mad at johnny boy AND his little brother for being made before him.

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

Re: eckley #215432
01/04/04 02:50 PM
01/04/04 02:50 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
"no in the first episode hesh says he was mad at johnny boy AND his little brother for being made before him."

Ah yes, I recall that conversation between Tony and Hesh during the pilot episode. Hesh and Tony are discussing the problems with Junior. Hesh says Junior is "driven in total by his insecurities".

I'm gonna watch that episode with the captions on. Maybe you misunderstood.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: eckley #215433
01/05/04 06:39 PM
01/05/04 06:39 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
I watched Season One, Episode One this afternoon during my lunch break.

Hesh was talking about Junior, saying "He's had a hard-on his whole life. His younger brother, your father, was made before him."

When Hesh said "your father" and "his younger brother", he was referring to the same person: Johnny Boy Soprano.
Johnny was both Tony's father and Junior's younger brother.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: eckley #215434
01/05/04 07:18 PM
01/05/04 07:18 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline OP
Underboss
USA
i see, thanks for clearing that up

Re: eckley #215435
01/06/04 03:51 PM
01/06/04 03:51 PM
Minnesota
Jonny Lips Offline
Made Member
Jonny Lips  Offline
Made Member
Minnesota
One thing that doesn't make sense to me is in season two, when that hot nurse comes to hook up that machine to help Junior's snoring problems, Junior says to the nurse, "she was freinds with my OLDER brother," I just found this weird because I thought Junior was the oldest of the three. I just assume he was just telling a white lie and that statement has no meaning.

Re: eckley #215436
01/06/04 06:14 PM
01/06/04 06:14 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lips:
One thing that doesn't make sense to me is in season two, when that hot nurse comes to hook up that machine to help Junior's snoring problems, Junior says to the nurse, "she was freinds with my OLDER brother," I just found this weird because I thought Junior was the oldest of the three. I just assume he was just telling a white lie and that statement has no meaning.
Yeah, in that scene in the episode "House Arrest", Junior told the nurse that Catherine Romano was "a neighbor lady, went to school with my older brother" in a futile attempt to look younger to the cute nurse.

Re: eckley #215437
01/27/04 01:32 PM
01/27/04 01:32 PM
Detroit
HollywoodFinocchio Offline
Wiseguy
HollywoodFinocchio  Offline
Wiseguy
Detroit
Hope I'm not hopelessly muddying the waters here, but here goes.

In a S1 episode Tony's at the Bing when over the tv comes news of Jackie's death. In the broadcast piece the newswoman, in an attempt to provide background on Jackie, notes that he was the reputed acting boss while Ercoli "Eckley" Somebody or other, the real boss, is cooling his heels in jail. And a couple of times in those early episodes Tony mentions "the old man" in jail. "This wouldn't be happening if the old man were here."

There doesn't seem to be a lot of follow up on this. Is it a case of an early plotline being abandoned? Likewise a case of David Chase really loving a name (Ercoli "Eckley") that he resurrects it later, with mention of Junior and Johnny Boy's brother?

Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Grazie.

The main character, it's a guy just like me. I uh -- I wouldn't even have to act -- just be myself.
Re: eckley #215438
01/27/04 03:48 PM
01/27/04 03:48 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by HollywoodFinocchio:
In a S1 episode Tony's at the Bing when over the tv comes news of Jackie's death. In the broadcast piece the newswoman, in an attempt to provide background on Jackie, notes that he was the reputed acting boss while Ercoli "Eckley" Somebody or other, the real boss, is cooling his heels in jail. And a couple of times in those early episodes Tony mentions "the old man" in jail. "This wouldn't be happening if the old man were here."
The "Eckley" you're referring to is Eckley DeMeo (sometimes referred to as "Dominic" DeMeo). He was the boss of the Family before Jackie Aprile took over. DeMeo is serving a life sentence. Its just coincidental he has the same first name as Tony's uncle.

Here's a link to an old Family tree by professional association - SOPRANOS FAMILY TREE

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull