GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Oldsoul13, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,223
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,391
Posts1,060,022
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Question about Gigi Cestone #211867
10/26/02 05:09 AM
10/26/02 05:09 AM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline OP
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline OP
Underboss
Bath, UK
SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER

Season 2/3

I am a little confused about something. I haven't had a chance to see Season 3 properly yet, but I think Gigi Cestone(sp)gets moved from the Tony Soprano crew to be captain of the Aprile crew.

My question is whether Gigi(sp) was the guy who whacked Philly Parisi in the first episode of Season 2. Is that right? We didn't see much of him after that in Season 2 I think. Seems like he came out of nowhere, disappeared and then reappeared in the first episode of Season 3 when Patsy Parisi starts asking questions about what happened to his brother, Philly.

Am I getting mixed up?

Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211868
10/26/02 11:52 AM
10/26/02 11:52 AM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiseguy_1872:
SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER

Season 2/3

I am a little confused about something. I haven't had a chance to see Season 3 properly yet, but I think Gigi Cestone(sp)gets moved from the Tony Soprano crew to be captain of the Aprile crew.

My question is whether Gigi(sp) was the guy who whacked Philly Parisi in the first episode of Season 2. Is that right? We didn't see much of him after that in Season 2 I think. Seems like he came out of nowhere, disappeared and then reappeared in the first episode of Season 3 when Philly Parisi starts asking questions about what happened to his brother.

Am I getting mixed up?

I don't think you're mixed up. The only things I remember about Gigi are: He whacked Philly. He hated Ralph. And he died taking a dump.

Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211869
10/26/02 12:04 PM
10/26/02 12:04 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
JL's right on, Wiseguy! And say, WG: Where you been, dude?? Anyway, good to see ya' back in th' saddle!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211870
10/26/02 12:19 PM
10/26/02 12:19 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Here's what I've gleaned about Gigi Cestone. He used to be a member of Junior's crew back when Jackie Aprile Sr was still alive and in charge. We see this in the flashbacks in the Season 3 episode "To Save Us All From Satan's Power", the Christmas episode.

At some point, he went on the lam and left town for a long while. He went to Boston. During that time, he was somehow lured over to Tony's crew. When the coast was clear and we could return to Jersey, he was a member of Tony's crew, unbeknownst to Junior and his crew.

Philly Parisi took over Junior's crew after the death of Mikey Palmice and the imprisonment of Junior. But he was definitely anti-Tony and was spreading all sorts of rumors about Tony's mental problems and Tony wanting to kill Livia. Therefore, he had to go.

Philly picked up Gigi from the airport, but Philly didn't know he had already been back, and was now a member of the Tony Soprano crew. Gigi, of course, killed the unsuspecting Philly. This was partly because of Philly talking too much, and partly because he had to go to cement Tony's power.

Gigi, throughout Season Two, was a soldier in Tony's crew. When Richie Aprile went away, there was a vacancy in the capo position of the Aprile crew. The newly-returned Ralph Cifaretto (who had been on the lam in Miami for the past few years) rejoined his old crew, and as Junior put it, "whipped it into shape". He didn't officially have the title of capo, but was acting as if he did.

Tony had some reservations about Ralphie, and chose to install Gigi as capo of the Aprile crew, much to Ralphie's displeasure. Ralph felt that promotion should have been his, and during Gigi's tenure as capo, he was always undermining Gigi and being a general all-around pain in the ass.

Gigi, as we know, had a heart attack and died while trying to deal with some constipation. Tony then had no choice but to promote Ralphie to capo. His choices were Vito Spatafore, Donny K, Eugene Pontecorvo, and Ralphie. For all of his violent tendencies and annoying behavior, Ralphie was the only choice.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211871
10/26/02 12:24 PM
10/26/02 12:24 PM
Australia
TonySoprano Offline
Made Member
TonySoprano  Offline
Made Member
Australia
Whoa, nicely clarrified ChrisY2J!

Chris: "He could be out there stalking us right now..." -Paulie: "With what...his cock!

Tony Soprano : You're looking good. Looking better.
Junior Soprano: Tony, if you're gonna lie to me, tell me there's a broad in the car waiting to tongue my balls.
Tony Soprano : Hey, you want that, it's a phone call away.
Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211872
12/20/02 10:44 AM
12/20/02 10:44 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Speaking of Gigi Cestone, I recall hearing that the actor that played him, John Fiore, helped make some unauthorized Sopranos documentary. Is there any truth to this? I haven't seen it anywhere.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211873
12/21/02 12:21 AM
12/21/02 12:21 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
Speaking of Gigi Cestone, I recall hearing that the actor that played him, John Fiore, helped make some unauthorized Sopranos documentary. Is there any truth to this? I haven't seen it anywhere.
Yes, it is true. It's called "Sopranos Unauthorized - Shooting Sites Uncovered". Amazon.com has it for $17. I have't seen it though, so I don't know if it's any good.

Re: Question about Gigi Cestone #211874
12/29/02 04:56 PM
12/29/02 04:56 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisY2J:
I picked this up at "Best Buy" today for $15. It's 2hrs long, and looks pretty interesting.
After I watch it, I'll post whether I think it was worth it.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull