GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, joepuzzles234), 301 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,433
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Season 4, Episode 6 #211791
10/19/02 12:25 PM
10/19/02 12:25 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline OP
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline OP
Underboss
United States
Hi,
Tomorrow is the big night. As always we are in anticipation of what will happen.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211792
10/19/02 06:47 PM
10/19/02 06:47 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Man, tommorrow's episode is going to conflict with game two of the World Series. I'm still gonna watch it though..

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211793
10/20/02 03:25 PM
10/20/02 03:25 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline OP
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline OP
Underboss
United States
Hi,
Everyone here is a comedian.

Paul
PS:Am I a clown here for your amusement?

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211794
10/20/02 03:31 PM
10/20/02 03:31 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Oops, sorry Paul - I just deleted the "hey you posted too soon!" posts to clear this out for tonight And TIS, sorry, I was just gonna edit yours down, but I accidently deleted it

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211795
10/20/02 07:27 PM
10/20/02 07:27 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Geoff,

Phew!!! I'm glad you said it was an accident, I'd hate to think you'd deliberately "whack" me. (and here I thought it was a cute little comback to the other posts you deleted, but now it wouldn't make sense if I reposted it!!) But hey, your the boss, and I don't know nutin about nutin!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211796
10/20/02 09:56 PM
10/20/02 09:56 PM
GA
getoverhere Offline
Wiseguy
getoverhere  Offline
Wiseguy
GA
That was cool as hell when Furio showed up at the french guy's door!

omg and the next episode.. those black guys gonna get hurt

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211797
10/20/02 10:00 PM
10/20/02 10:00 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by getoverhere:
That was cool as hell when Furio showed up at the french guy's door!

omg and the next episode.. those black guys gonna get hurt
IMO, the episode was another yawner. At least next weeks episode looks like it "might" be real good.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211798
10/20/02 10:03 PM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
That one was a lot better than what we've had in the last few weeks. Did you all notice that this one was directed by Steve Buschemi? I have always like Artie Bucco's character. He always reminded me of the cool guy's kid brother that everyone would always let hang around. I think that Artie didn't want to come to Tony because of what he did to David Scantino and his sporting goods shop.

Although Gloria probably did commit suicide, for a second I thought that maybe she had been placed in the witness protection program against Tony, and the suicide was a convenient way to engineer her disappearance. But I don't think she really knew all that much about Tony's mob dealings anyway, so later I dismissed that.

In the same episode that Tony is basically telling Christopher that he will eventually hand him the keys to the kingdom, we get a lot from A.J. At the beginning when all of the guys and girls were making a fuss over his house and all of the Godfather connections, part of me saw A.J. wanting to be a part of that kind of life after seeing how "glamourous" it could be. But then when he went to Devin's house and saw that so much more could be made in the legitimate business world, I think he changed his mind again.

My oh my, Meadow looked as hot as ever in that business suit.

I got up as soon as the credits started to go to the bathroom and I missed the preview for next week. What's gonna happen?

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211799
York, PA
Luca Brasi Offline
Underboss
Luca Brasi  Offline
Underboss
York, PA
Artie trying to be a tough guy that was a joke especially when he tryed to collect his money.

I wish they would of shown Furio knocking the shit out of him.

Next weeks episode looks like we're going to see some action finally.

Glad to see the russian girlfriend is coming back into the picture.

"He who fights with monsters should look at it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211800
10/20/02 10:11 PM
10/20/02 10:11 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I humbly disagree, JL. I think it was one of the best ones thus far this season (and the best one Imperioli has written to date). Granted, we were teased with the Gloria Trillo appearance on last week's trailer, but that's forgivable. I rolled on the floor when Artie practiced in front of the mirror a la DeNiro in Taxi Driver! Wished they would've shown Furio doing a number on the conman, though. It was fun watching Carmela simmer at the dinner table, too, as Furio snuggled with his date. I'm wondering what may develop with Brian, Patsy, and the fancy suits. As you recall, Adriana specifically leaked Patsy's suit dealings to the feds. If Brian (Carmela's cousin), a legit dude, gets mixed up in a sting... Next week looks good: Paulie's out of the can, Adriana & Chris may finally tie the knot (surely what she has to tell Christopher isn't about the FBI, is it??), and it looks like a shoot-em-up takes place. Great stuff! How about Tony telling Christopher that he'll eventually give all orders to him?? Makings of a roller coaster, if you ask me. All in all, I thought it was an excellent episode.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211801
10/20/02 10:13 PM
10/20/02 10:13 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Well they did it to us again...nothing seems like it did just a short week ago...No Gloria the car lady is not back, worst she is six foot under!

Tony, ups and downs..wil drive you crazy.

Aj learns he is a small fish in lifes pond. Gee the Godfather references were ten fold...enough for a whole thread in itself. Hey, if you don't want her move over kid..she has look and her folks are loaded... Get in line boys.

Big man Artie B...gangster want to be...who couldn't see that coming...you would have to be blind and deaf not to see that coming...Mr. tuff guy gets his ass beat by a wimpy frog. See Artie it takes more then a turtleneck and a leather jacket...

Next week looks like Paulie is out and starting more shit...Chris and Adrienne are getting married? will she have to get permission from the FBI? and what shit is going to hit the fan when they find out Chris is moving up.....Now Paulie will really have something to piss and moan about.

well who really knows what the clips mean...if they twist us around like the last few weeks it will not mean what we think...

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211802
10/20/02 10:21 PM
10/20/02 10:21 PM
SanAlfo Offline
Button
SanAlfo  Offline
Button
I just finished watching this week's episode. I must say that is was alil more exciting then previous episodes. As for Buscemi's directing he always does a good job. I noticed that Tony was getting alil soft at the end. If he finds out that Christopher is taking drugs all the time then he wont let him take over. And antoher thing that Christopher isnt really "blood" relative more like a relative by marriage. I cant wait for next weeks show but i hope they didnt alter the spoilers because they have been doing that alot.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

"When they come, they'll come at what you love"

Someday soon, you're gonna have families of your own. And if you're lucky, you'll remember the little moments. Like this."-
Tony Soprano's toast during the candlelit dinner at Artie Bucco's resturant with his family during a power downing storm
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211803
10/20/02 11:07 PM
10/20/02 11:07 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
A little bland but,at least it tried to go somewhere.

It tried.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211804
10/20/02 11:21 PM
10/20/02 11:21 PM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
I'm glad they didn't show Furio with the french guy, that's what makes it better. Understatement. That's why The Sopranos is the best thing on TV.

I knew Gloria wasn't real. I like how Artie "figured out" Tony's real motive, even if that wasn't it. It gives great ammo for the psychiatry. Ralphie was smart to pass over Artie. He couldn't collect.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211805
10/21/02 12:24 AM
10/21/02 12:24 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Overall this episode was definitely better than the one last week. Some thoughts: Man, A.J. needs to get some better friends, why are they making Artie Bucco out to be some damn loser?, why was Tony all worked up about Gloria Trillo? Seems like a man like him wouldn't give two shits about her. Yeah, Furio showing up at Jean Phillipe's door was great and Artie practising being hard in front of the mirror was just Looks like next week we're in for some gunplay but as others have pointed out the previews aren't a real guide.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211806
10/21/02 12:38 AM
10/21/02 12:38 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Amen! This was the best episode of this season yet, especially after last week's snoozer...!

P.S. Got some groans of disgust in the room after we noticed that Janice was sucking marrow from a bone

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211807
10/21/02 01:14 AM
10/21/02 01:14 AM
California
howardsternisgod Offline
Underboss
howardsternisgod  Offline
Underboss
California
Some shit will hit the fan next week. As for this week's, I thought it was pretty good...I especially thought it was funny when the French guy's face suddenly dropped when Furio showed up at the door. Also, how funny was tough-guy Artie? Especially after the French guy kicked his ass and ripped his earring out, throwing him out of his apartment?! HA!

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211808
10/21/02 09:20 AM
10/21/02 09:20 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Well I wasn't disappointed. I thought this episode was one of the best. I think Chris is really getting messed up with drugs and Tony will find him out soon.

I'm glad that GLoria is dead, cause I never wanted Tony to get mixed up with her. It think it bothered him because he was involved with her and never had someone commimt suicide that he was involved with committ suicide.

I think Carm is trying to "fight" her feelings for Furio, by setting him up with the other chick (don't know her name).

Next week, consider this; if Adrianna and Chris do marry, wouldn't that screw up any info Adrianna may get for the FBI? Once she marries Chris, she can't testify against him right?? I think perhaps, that's her out!

Oh, and I loved all the GF references this week. It was a nice/humorous touch.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211809
10/21/02 09:51 AM
10/21/02 09:51 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline OP
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline OP
Underboss
United States
Hi,
Time to rant and rave. This episode had its moments. Artie Buccho stole the show. That was funny as hell when the frenchman beat the crap out of Artie and ripped his earing off. Almost like Vincent biting Joey Zasa's ear in GF3. Tony was with a new broad last night. Next week looks even better. Paulie is out, Johnny Sac is in it, and someone is shooting an UZI.

Paul

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211810
10/21/02 11:26 AM
10/21/02 11:26 AM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
Who wears that much jewelry while working out?

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211811
10/21/02 12:21 PM
10/21/02 12:21 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
I liked this one. A lot of funny moments, a lot of emotional moments.

Finally, a scene with Dr Melfi is truly meaningful (this season, I mean). When Tony has the session with Melfi and confronts her over not telling him about Gloria's suicide, it was a powerful moment. Tony shows his guilt over Gloria's death, shows that he's not remorseless.

The stuff with AJ, Devin, and their friends provided a lot of funny stuff. The references to The Godfather, especially. It was funny when they drive up to Satriale's while looking for the Bada Bing, and AJ says, "Oh, it's the pork store", and one of them says, "It's a gay strip club?"

When AJ tries to use Meadow's dorm as a motel room with Devin, there was another classic line. Meadow says something like, "Eew, it's my bed! How can I go back to it after that?" AJ says, "We'll just stay on the coverlet!", as if that makes it A-OK.

I can't believe that Tony doesn't see what a fuckup Chris is. Maybe it's similar to the situation with Pussy. Tony knew, in the back of his mind, that things were wrong with Pussy, but was in a state of denial. It looks as if he may be in a state of denial with Chris, too. I mean, Tony's suspicions HAD to be raised when he said to Chris, "Why WOULDN'T you be worthy?"

But the one who stole the show was, of course, Artie. What a disaster, one you could see coming a mile away. Artie doing the Taxi Driver thing in front of the mirror was great. Artie getting his ass kicked by the Frenchman when he tried the tough guy act was even better.

Why did Artie attempt suicide? He saw what happened with Davie Scatino, and thought he'd wind up in the same boat as him. But it looks like Tony considers Artie a true friend. At least he did before Artie made his accusations to Tony.

As for the French con artist, make no mistake: he's dead. Furio didn't just give him a beating. Tony obliquely referred to it when he was speaking to Artie about clearing the debt,
"Look, I'll just assume the guy's dead..."

Carmela may be trying to deal with her feelings for Furio by setting him up with that dental hygienist, but looks to be having a tough time of it.

All in all, a great episode, truly enjoyable.

And next week's episode looks like a killer, literally. I can't wait!

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211812
10/21/02 04:15 PM
10/21/02 04:15 PM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
Quote:
"Look, I'll just assume the guy's dead..."
I thought Tony said he would assume "the guy's debt". In exchange for the 6K tab at Vesuvio's, Tony takes over the hassle of collection.
Tony will find out about the heroin and rough Chris up but he won't whack him. Tony's right about the rest of the capos being too old.

When the thing at the beginning said there'd be nudity, I got worried when AJ was making out with the girl and planning to get it on with her. I didn't want to see a HS girl naked. Even if she was 18, it's still creepy.

Artie was different than Scatino. Scatino approached Tony and begged to get in the game. Tony knew he was a degenerate gambler and warned him that this was the big boys. He persisted. Tony figured that David would ruin his life one way or the other so he might as well make money off of it.

With Artie, Tony pushed him so he'd have been easier on him. Also since it was a case where someone owed Artie the money, it would be easy for Tony to assume the debt. With Scatino, he owed the money to Tony. If someone owed Scatino, Tony may have let him off the hook.

Are the Bucco's divorced? Charmagne looked about 10 years older. She's always reminded me of Appolonia in GFI. I had to check to see if it was the same girl.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211813
10/21/02 04:16 PM
10/21/02 04:16 PM
I wanna live in Florida
Donnette Porky Offline
Button
Donnette Porky  Offline
Button
I wanna live in Florida
Did anyone else notice that Furio saw Chris slap himself to alertness in the car? Furio had that "What's going on with him?" look on his face. It think Furio might be on to Chris real soon and it could all leak back to Tony.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211814
10/21/02 04:20 PM
10/21/02 04:20 PM
I wanna live in Florida
Donnette Porky Offline
Button
Donnette Porky  Offline
Button
I wanna live in Florida
Does anyone else think A.J. (although getting quite hot) is retarded? I mean mentally retarded. The way he has that blank stare, the way he talks, all "slow-ish" like he has to think so hard to say something. I think he's kinda slow. And him trying to hide his erection from his mother was funny. What an awkward boy.
I liked this episode.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211815
10/21/02 04:44 PM
10/21/02 04:44 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Next week, consider this; if Adrianna and Chris do marry, wouldn't that screw up any info Adrianna may get for the FBI? Once she marries Chris, she can't testify against him right?? I think perhaps, that's her out!
Hmmm...never even considered that, TIS...but it sounds like a Turnbull question, though.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211816
10/21/02 05:04 PM
10/21/02 05:04 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline OP
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline OP
Underboss
United States
Hi Oblong,
I was also glad they didn't show AJ making out. Did anyone notice AJ pulling up his zipper? I was surprised Carmella didn't catch him and the girl.

Paul

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211817
10/21/02 05:41 PM
10/21/02 05:41 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Oblong:
[quote]"Look, I'll just assume the guy's dead..."
I

When the thing at the beginning said there'd be nudity, I got worried when AJ was making out with the girl and planning to get it on with her. I didn't want to see a HS girl naked. Even if she was 18, it's still creepy.

[/quote]I thought seeing her would be a plus for the show.

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211818
10/21/02 06:47 PM
10/21/02 06:47 PM
Detroit
O
Oblong Offline
Made Member
Oblong  Offline
O
Made Member
Detroit
It would if the character was 18 or older....

Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211819
10/21/02 08:03 PM
10/21/02 08:03 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
That doesn't stop M4M....Age is just a number to him.....pass the bedpan Mob....

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Season 4, Episode 6 #211820
10/21/02 08:24 PM
10/21/02 08:24 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
Upon further review, Tony does say "debt", not "dead". I had the captions on when I initially watched the episode, and the captions put the word "dead" in there, so that threw me.

Yeah, I noticed Furio watching Chris slap himself awake. It seems everyone but Tony recognizes that something is really wrong with Mr. Moltisanti. Is this wishful thinking on Tony's part, wanting Chris to be his heir?

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull