GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 343 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,429
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How Many Capos Per Family...? #211369
09/24/02 08:08 PM
09/24/02 08:08 PM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
Im checking out the Sopranos family chart and theyre is quite a few Capos, how many are Capos for the Soprano family now and who are they? And another thing I found weird was that Bobby Baccalleri is a Capo and Big Pussy wasnt, Pussy to me was a more important and loved character, where as Bobby is just too warm hearted and just plain stupid to be a Capo, I would think he was a soldier or associate.

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211370
09/24/02 08:15 PM
09/24/02 08:15 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi Goodfella,
Are you the same one from Sopranoland? Big Pussy was passed over for Capo due to the fact that Tony knew he was a rat. I believe Paulie was made a Capo instead. Ralphie is a Capo as well as Bobby Baccala. Bobby however has no one to command because Tony whacked out most of Junior's crew in season 1.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211371
09/24/02 08:46 PM
09/24/02 08:46 PM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
THANKS Paul, nah Im actually not that same Goodfella, but also, (i have a few diff questions )...Why did Junior and Tony have a past hate for eachother, and what did Junior do in attempt to have Tony whacked?

"Murders came with smiles, shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas..."
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211372
09/24/02 10:26 PM
09/24/02 10:26 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodfella 69:
THANKS Paul, nah Im actually not that same Goodfella, but also, (i have a few diff questions )...Why did Junior and Tony have a past hate for eachother, and what did Junior do in attempt to have Tony whacked?
They didn't have a personal hate for each other. It was "business". In fact, it made Junior sick to his stomach when it was supposed to go down. Junior, with OK from Tony's mother gave the order to whack Tony. The hit was organized by Junior's right hand man Mikey Palmice. 2 black guys in a comical attempt to get Tony wound up dead, and Tony sustained minor injuries. When Tony found out the truth, he let Junior live, but wiped out just about his entire crew. He also went to the hospital where his mother was, and it was implied that he was going to attempt to kill her, but she had a stroke.

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211373
09/24/02 10:33 PM
09/24/02 10:33 PM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
Thanks for the info I appreciate it . I wonder why he let Junior live if Junior was willing to whack his own nephew, guess Tony's a nicer guy .

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211374
09/24/02 10:59 PM
09/24/02 10:59 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Quote:
Thanks for the info I appreciate it . I wonder why he let Junior live if Junior was willing to whack his own nephew, guess Tony's a nicer guy .
Actually, I think Tony lets Junior live because while he's alive, he takes the heat off of himself. Junior is still officially the head of the family..... The original reason for Junior giving the order to whack Tony is because Tony's mother tells Junior he's meeting with the other Capos and Johnny Sack at Green Grove, behind his back.

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211375
09/25/02 10:47 AM
09/25/02 10:47 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
I always wondered if Tony's mother was running things.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211376
09/26/02 08:51 PM
09/26/02 08:51 PM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano
I always wondered if Tony's mother was running things.

Quote:
Livia's great achievement was making a monkey out of Junior in telling him to do something about Tony and then carefully losing her memory.

And poor old Uncle Jun. knows it all too well!

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211377
06/12/03 04:59 PM
06/12/03 04:59 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
I believe Tony's intention at the time of finding out the attempted hit was Junior, was to kill his uncle. Tony was so full of rage on first thought that he even said to Carmela that he would "take care of" Junior and Mikey P and get satisfaction. But as you know the FBI indicted Junior and several other Family members at--for Junior--a very convenient time. And as time passed, with Junior under house arrest, Tony realised that with the old man alive the heat was taken off the de facto Boss.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211378
06/12/03 09:06 PM
06/12/03 09:06 PM
South Florida
Goodfella 69 Offline OP
Underboss
Goodfella 69  Offline OP
Underboss
South Florida
wow this is an old post...ressurection!

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211379
08/26/04 08:44 PM
08/26/04 08:44 PM
Tony Montana Offline
Wiseguy
Tony Montana  Offline
Wiseguy
Im going to bump it again for the sake of information. Anyone catch the line "lucky old bastard, he's lucky he's still alive!" when they are watching his arrest on TV?

you wouldnt understand
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211380
08/26/04 09:54 PM
08/26/04 09:54 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
There are six crews that comprise the DiMeo/Soprano Family.

In the beginning of Season One, here are the capos of the six crews:
Tony Soprano, capo of the Tony Soprano crew.
Junior Soprano, capo of the Junior Soprano crew.
Jackie Aprile, capo of the Jackie Aprile crew and the acting boss of the Family (the real boss, Ercoli DiMeo, is in prison for life).
Raymond Curto, capo of the Raymond Curto crew.
Larry Barese, capo of the Larry Barese crew.
Jimmy Altieri, capo of the Jimmy Altieri crew.

As Season One ended, Jackie was dead of cancer, Jimmy Altieri got executed, and Junior was elevated to acting boss.

As Season Two began and progressed, here are the capos:
Paulie Gualtieri, capo of the Tony Soprano crew.
Philly Parisi, capo of the Junior Soprano crew (Junior is still the acting boss and Tony is the "street boss").
Richie Aprile, capo of the Jackie Aprile crew.
Albert Barese, acting capo of the Larry Barese crew (while his older cousin is in jail awaiting trial).
As of this time, it was unclear who was the capo of the now-dead Jimmy Altieri's crew.

Philly Parisi is killed, and the capo spot is again left to Junior in the Junior Soprano crew.

In Season Three, here are the capos:
Junior Soprano, capo of his crew and still acting boss (though "street boss" Tony is the one who really calls the shots).
Gigi Cestone, capo of the Jackie Aprile crew.
Albert Barese, acting capo of the Larry Barese crew.
Still no revalation on who is the capo of Altieri's crew.

In Season Three, Gigi dies of a heart attack, and Ralph Cifaretto takes over as capo of the Aprile crew.

As Season Four began, here are the capos:
Paulie Gualtieri, capo of the Tony Soprano crew (Christopher Moltisanti was briefly the acting capo while Paulie was in jail).
Bobby Baccalieri, now the capo of the Junior Soprano crew.
Ralph Cifaretto, capo of the Aprile crew.
Albert Barese, acting capo of the Larry Barese crew.
Carlo Gervasi is revealed as the capo of Jimmy Altieri's old crew.

Ralph, as we know, was killed by Tony, and for a time the capo slot in the Aprile crew was left vacant.

In Season Five, these were the capos:
Bobby Baccalieri, capo of the Junior Soprano crew.
Vito Spatafore, capo of the Aprile crew.
Carlo Gervasi, capo of the Carlo Gervasi (formerly Jimmy Altieri) crew.
And Larry Barese appears to be in control once again as capo of the Larry Barese crew.

Yup, personnel issues abound for Tony Soprano!

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211381
12/08/05 08:41 AM
12/08/05 08:41 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Don Arvido Offline
Button
Don Arvido  Offline
Button
Gothenburg, Sweden
Hi All,

I’ve been off the board for a while. Last time I was here I was really into the Godfather films. This time around, it’s the Sopranos.

First of all, thanks, ChrisY2J for your detailed overview of who was a captain for which crew in which season. This was really helpful. I’d like to take this a bit further and try to find out who the soldiers are in each crew in each season.

Using ChrisY2J info as a foundation, I’ve tried to match the soldiers to the capos and crews. As you can see, several crews have no soldiers in them – simply because I cant work it out. I invite everyone to contribute. Hopefully we will have a comprehensive organisational chart of the Soprano/DiMeo crew while we’re done.

I’ve found it very difficult to find out who is who. HBO’s website and a few of the fansites have ‘Cast & Crew’ sections, but they only have information on the main charactersts and the more prominent supporting characters. All your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while I am here I have a few queries hopefully someone can answer.

Firstly, I’d like to query Richie Aprile being a capo in series 2. I saw the season recently and didn’t catch any clues that suggested he was a capo. Was he automatically a capo when he arrived because of his blood relations, or was he eventually promoted. Also, if he was capo for the Aprile crew in season 2, who was capo in season 1 after Jackie Sr because ill and eventually passed?

Secondly, Where does the consiglieri (Sil) fit in to the org chart? As I understood it, the consiglieri is linked directly to the boss, but is independent of the Soldier-Capo-Boss herarchical pyramid. I have therefore not included him here. Furhtermore, only bosses have consiglieris, right? So in season 1 when Tony is ‘only’ a capo, is Sil therefore ‘only’ a soldier?

Anyhow, here is the info compiled so far. The format is thus: Name of Crew: CAPO – (Soldiers)

Take care,

Arvid

Season 1
Boss: Ercoli DiMeo
Acting Boss: Jackie Aprile (Dies)/Junior Soprano

Tony Soprano Crew: TONY SOPRANO – (Paulie Gaultieri, Sal Bompensiero)
Junior Soprano Crew: JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Michael Palmici, Charles Signori)
Jackie Aprile Crew: JACKIE APRILE – (?)
Raymond Curto Crew: RAYMOND CURTO – (?)
Larry Barese Crew: LARRY BARESE – (?)
Jimmy Altieri Crew: JIMMY ALTIERI [dies] – (?)

Season 2
Boss: Junior Soprano
Street Boss: Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Sal Bompensiero, Furio Giunta)
Junior Soprano Crew: PHILLY PARISI [dies]/JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Bobby Baccalieri )
Jackie Aprile Crew: RICHIE APRILE – (?)
Larry Barese Crew: ALBERT BARESE – (?)
Jimmy Altieri Crew: [UNCLEAR] – (?)

Season 3

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Furio Giunta, Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Junior Soprano Crew: JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Bobby Baccalieri)
Jackie Aprile Crew: GIGI CESTONE [dies]/RALPH CIPHERETTO – (Ralph Cipheretto [promoted], Eugene Pontecorvo)

Season 4

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI/CHRISTOPHER MOLTISANTI [temp only] – (Furio Giunta, Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Junior Soprano Crew: BOBBY BACCALIERI – (?)
Jackie Aprile Crew: RALPH CIPHERETTO [dies]/VITO SPATAFORE – (Eugene Pontecorvo)
Carlo Gervasi Crew CARLO GERVASI – (?)

Season 5

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Jackie Aprile Crew: VITO SPATAFORE – (Eugene Pontecorvo)

Gravy, gravy, you know... tomato sauce
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211382
12/09/05 08:11 AM
12/09/05 08:11 AM
Sleaford, Lincs, England
the mattress Offline
Capo
the mattress  Offline
Capo
Sleaford, Lincs, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goodfella 69:
[qb]They didn't have a personal hate for each other. It was "business". In fact, it made Junior sick to his stomach when it was supposed to go down. Junior, with OK from Tony's mother gave the order to whack Tony. The hit was organized by Junior's right hand man Mikey Palmice. 2 black guys in a comical attempt to get Tony wound up dead, and Tony sustained minor injuries. When Tony found out the truth, he let Junior live, but wiped out just about his entire crew. He also went to the hospital where his mother was, and it was implied that he was going to attempt to kill her, but she had a stroke.
ive often wondered about this. why would the FBI play tony the tapes of junior and livia conspiring against him when surely they would know that, with tony knowing the identities of his would-be assasins, there would surely be a bloodbath as they had pointed the finger squarely at junior?

"We're showin' the flag"

"The flag of fuckin' Antarctica"
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211383
12/09/05 09:15 AM
12/09/05 09:15 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Don Arvido Offline
Button
Don Arvido  Offline
Button
Gothenburg, Sweden
The feds were propably trying to make him feel like he had no options and no friends so that he would co-operate with them. I think they expected the news of his mother's conspiracy to break him. The matriarch is very important figure in the italian tradition. I seem to remember the most senior fed saying something about their shared heritage and the importance of the mother. They were very sure that the card up their sleeve would have cracked him, but they were wrong. Melfi's therapy had somehow prepared him for this moment, and I think it's thanks to that that he didn't crack.

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211384
12/10/05 06:28 PM
12/10/05 06:28 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It's sauch a contrast: while the Corleone family with 1,000 soldiers and God knows how many associates has only two capos, the relatively small ("a glorified crew") Soprano family has several. Talk about top heavy.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211385
01/07/06 06:40 PM
01/07/06 06:40 PM
Peter_Clemenza Offline
Underboss
Peter_Clemenza  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Arvido:
Hi All,

I’ve been off the board for a while. Last time I was here I was really into the Godfather films. This time around, it’s the Sopranos.

First of all, thanks, ChrisY2J for your detailed overview of who was a captain for which crew in which season. This was really helpful. I’d like to take this a bit further and try to find out who the soldiers are in each crew in each season.

Using ChrisY2J info as a foundation, I’ve tried to match the soldiers to the capos and crews. As you can see, several crews have no soldiers in them – simply because I cant work it out. I invite everyone to contribute. Hopefully we will have a comprehensive organisational chart of the Soprano/DiMeo crew while we’re done.

I’ve found it very difficult to find out who is who. HBO’s website and a few of the fansites have ‘Cast & Crew’ sections, but they only have information on the main charactersts and the more prominent supporting characters. All your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while I am here I have a few queries hopefully someone can answer.

Firstly, I’d like to query Richie Aprile being a capo in series 2. I saw the season recently and didn’t catch any clues that suggested he was a capo. Was he automatically a capo when he arrived because of his blood relations, or was he eventually promoted. Also, if he was capo for the Aprile crew in season 2, who was capo in season 1 after Jackie Sr because ill and eventually passed?

Secondly, Where does the consiglieri (Sil) fit in to the org chart? As I understood it, the consiglieri is linked directly to the boss, but is independent of the Soldier-Capo-Boss herarchical pyramid. I have therefore not included him here. Furhtermore, only bosses have consiglieris, right? So in season 1 when Tony is ‘only’ a capo, is Sil therefore ‘only’ a soldier?

Anyhow, here is the info compiled so far. The format is thus: Name of Crew: CAPO – (Soldiers)

Take care,

Arvid

Season 1
Boss: Ercoli DiMeo
Acting Boss: Jackie Aprile (Dies)/Junior Soprano

Tony Soprano Crew: TONY SOPRANO – (Paulie Gaultieri, Sal Bompensiero)
Junior Soprano Crew: JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Michael Palmici, Charles Signori)
Jackie Aprile Crew: JACKIE APRILE – (?)
Jimmy Altieri Crew: JIMMY ALTIERI [dies] – (?)

Season 2

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Sal Bompensiero, Furio Giunta)
Junior Soprano Crew: PHILLY PARISI [dies]/JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Bobby Baccalieri )
Jackie Aprile Crew: RICHIE APRILE – (?)

Season 3

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Furio Giunta, Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Junior Soprano Crew: JUNIOR SOPRANO – (Bobby Baccalieri)
Jackie Aprile Crew: GIGI CESTONE [dies]/RALPH CIPHERETTO – (Ralph Cipheretto [promoted], Eugene Pontecorvo)

Season 4

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI/CHRISTOPHER MOLTISANTI [temp only] – (Furio Giunta, Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Jackie Aprile Crew: RALPH CIPHERETTO [dies]/VITO SPATAFORE – (Eugene Pontecorvo)

Season 5

Tony Soprano Crew: PAULIE GAULTIERI – (Christopher Moltisanti, Patsy Parisi)
Jackie Aprile Crew: VITO SPATAFORE – (Eugene Pontecorvo)
Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna were both Captains of their own Crews before they were incarcarated in which they reinherited when they were released from prison. The five Crews we see in season 1 of The Sopranos are seperate Crews from Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna's two Crews. The only members we see of Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna's two Crews in The Sopranos are Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna, so their two Crews are often mistaken as non-existant.

Re: How Many Capos Per Family...? #211386
01/10/06 10:47 AM
01/10/06 10:47 AM
Gothenburg, Sweden
Don Arvido Offline
Button
Don Arvido  Offline
Button
Gothenburg, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Arvido:
[qb]
Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna were both Captains of their own Crews before they were incarcarated in which they reinherited when they were released from prison. The five Crews we see in season 1 of The Sopranos are seperate Crews from Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna's two Crews. The only members we see of Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna's two Crews in The Sopranos are Richie Aprile and Feech La Manna, so their two Crews are often mistaken as non-existant.
OK Let me try to get my head around this.

Are you saying that Richie Aprile did not become captain of the Jacki Aprile Crew, but becaume captain of his own one man crew?

This clashes with the information previously posted on the board (which is the information on which I based my info). Does this mean that in season 2 there are 7 crews instead of 6? Who heads up the Jackie Aprile crew in season 2 then?

Does this mean that there are 7 crews in season 5 as well?

I will edit my main list and update it with more info as I go along, but before I do so can anybody confirm whether this is corect?

Also, any more soldiers anybody?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull