GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BarrettM, Toodoped), 68 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,764
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My heartfelt casting suggestions #207952
07/13/03 04:12 AM
07/13/03 04:12 AM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
It's not complete but I'm just gonna rattle 'em off in no particular order (we're assuming a prequel, so here goes):

Vincent D'Onofrio: Luca Brasi
Stanley Tucci: Emilio Barzini
Valeria Golino: Carmella Corleone
Brad Pitt: Detective McCluskey
John Ventimiglia: Philip Tattaglia
Haley Joel Osment: Young Tom Hagen
Paul Dano: Young Santino Corleone
Adrian Brody: Johnny Ola
Alfred Molina: Tommassino
Tobey Maguire: Fredo Corleone

Montauk

We might be able to tape the gun behind it.
Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207953
07/13/03 04:04 PM
07/13/03 04:04 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Would McClusky be in it? I don't think he would be; he is not a real key character in one, and I don't think he would add to a storyline in a prequel.

Mick

PS> Interesting list, however. The best canditates for a cast list are all taken up by The Sopranos, so as long as that show is on, I don't think we would ever see a fourth Godfather.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207954
07/13/03 04:36 PM
07/13/03 04:36 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Even if it was a prequel, I'm not sure how many of those characters outside the Corleone family would appear again such as Tattaglia or Barzini...

EDIT: Whoa, whoa, whoa, where in this list is Hyman Roth, and why is he nowhere to be found???

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207955
07/14/03 12:20 PM
07/14/03 12:20 PM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
montauk,
i´m not at all sure how serious your suGGestions were (McCluskey as a hottie?! haley joel osment?! >I see mob people....<), but otherwise, nice topic, always waited for it to pop up somewhere.

i´ll make two tries: I always thouGht Joaquin Phoenix would be nice to play either Mike or Sonny in younG aGe. He´s Got the coldness, but he also has this violent twitch on him, he could maybe do it. althouGh Pacino & Caan are of course irresistible. but before we settle with Leo....
and I fiGure that Edward Norton miGht be a neat choice to play a younG Tom HaGen. He has the intelliGent, he has this streak of intellectualism, plus he´s credible at beinG cunninG. i think.
that´s it. sorry i mocked you for your castinG choices montauk, i didn´t mean it.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207956
07/14/03 04:56 PM
07/14/03 04:56 PM
Surrey. England. In a house.
Researcher Offline
Capo
Researcher  Offline
Capo
Surrey. England. In a house.
Consigliera, just out of curiousity, what's with the capital Gs?

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207957
07/15/03 06:47 AM
07/15/03 06:47 AM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
let´s say - >G< is for Godfather, okay?
hope it doesn´t unnerve anyone...

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207958
07/16/03 03:33 PM
07/16/03 03:33 PM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Quote:
Originally posted by consiGliera:
montauk,
i´m not at all sure how serious your suGGestions were (McCluskey as a hottie?! haley joel osment?! >I see mob people....<), but otherwise, nice topic, always waited for it to pop up somewhere.

i´ll make two tries: I always thouGht Joaquin Phoenix would be nice to play either Mike or Sonny in younG aGe. He´s Got the coldness, but he also has this violent twitch on him, he could maybe do it. althouGh Pacino & Caan are of course irresistible. but before we settle with Leo....
and I fiGure that Edward Norton miGht be a neat choice to play a younG Tom HaGen. He has the intelliGent, he has this streak of intellectualism, plus he´s credible at beinG cunninG. i think.
that´s it. sorry i mocked you for your castinG choices montauk, i didn´t mean it.
I see your point, G-lady; but I'm only going by the speculation that IV would cover the period when Vito rises to power in NYC, after cornering the olive oil trade, up to somewhere before Connie meets Carlo. At this point Tom Hagen is a street urchin with bad eyes, thus Haley Joel as opposed to Ed. As far as Pitt, keep in mind that Sterling Hayden struck a bella figura when he was younger. But, OK, you don't like Brad; what about John C. Reilly?

Also, Al Pacino already played Mike at a young age; someone much younger would have to play him much younger, and in this period Mikey was much younger, as was Connie and Fredo.

To answer a question posed by another poster, I definitely think that Tattaglia and Barzini would be present; they didn't just pop up out of nowhere, and we need to see how the Corleone-Tattaglia rivalry originated. McCluskey I can see looming somewhere in this period given the Corleone's dealings with the police department, Sollozzo wouldn't register though.

Others that I'm still pondering:

John Turturro: Frank Pentangeli
Mike Badalucco: Pete Clemenza
Sam Rockwell: Willie Cicci
Kevin Pollak: Hyman Roth (this is a tough one)

Montauk

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207959
07/16/03 05:20 PM
07/16/03 05:20 PM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
ciao montauk,

no one in the baG for >younG mike

me neither.

i like brad, it´s only that the ole capn is such a minor role, but it would depend on the script, as with mr. osment and ed.
haley isn´t, of course, quite as dishy as ed yet, but he´d make a lovely younG tom, i bet.

i Go with you with the rest of the cast, thouGh i dunno the sonny-fella you picked

how bout benicio del toro as younG sonny?

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207960
07/16/03 10:59 PM
07/16/03 10:59 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
hey, i just have to say that since your bringing back de niro as don corleone why not bring back the same guys who played tessio and clamenza. clamenza especially was played wonderfully by and actor named bruno kirby who is a fixture in quite a few mob movies. lol. and for sonny i keep saying scott caan

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207961
07/17/03 04:00 AM
07/17/03 04:00 AM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
hey, i just have to say that since your bringing back de niro as don corleone why not bring back the same guys who played tessio and clamenza. clamenza especially was played wonderfully by and actor named bruno kirby who is a fixture in quite a few mob movies. lol. and for sonny i keep saying scott caan
I never said de niro as don, though that might be interesting but WAIT!!! WHAT ABOUT THIS?

Anthony LaPaglia: Vito Corleone
Peter Riegert: Hyman Roth
Jason Schwartzman: Moe Greene
Philip Seymour Hoffman: Det. McCluskey
Chazz Palmiteri: Luca Brasi
Michael Rispoli: Frank Pentangeli

I'm stumped on Genco Abbandando though.

Montauk

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207962
07/17/03 02:47 PM
07/17/03 02:47 PM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Quote:
Originally posted by Montauk:
[quote]Originally posted by mr. soprano:
[b] hey, i just have to say that since your bringing back de niro as don corleone why not bring back the same guys who played tessio and clamenza. clamenza especially was played wonderfully by and actor named bruno kirby who is a fixture in quite a few mob movies. lol. and for sonny i keep saying scott caan
I never said de niro as don, though that might be interesting but WAIT!!! WHAT ABOUT THIS?

Anthony LaPaglia: Vito Corleone
Peter Riegert: Hyman Roth
Jason Schwartzman: Moe Greene
Philip Seymour Hoffman: Det. McCluskey
Chazz Palmiteri: Luca Brasi
Michael Rispoli: Frank Pentangeli

I'm stumped on Genco Abbandando though. [/b][/quote]Just got unstumped, here we go...

David Proval: Genco Abbandando
Hayden Christensen: Santino Corleone (at 19)
Anna Paquin: Sandra, Sonny's girlfriend

Montauk

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207963
07/20/03 06:00 AM
07/20/03 06:00 AM
antPhoenix Offline
Made Member
antPhoenix  Offline
Made Member
The tough thing about this is, who are you going to get to fill the shoes of actors like Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, James Caan, and Robert Duvall?

It seems like any of todays actors would be an insult to the great actors, and great characters, of the original movies.

Michael: My father's no different than any other powerful man, any man who's responsible for other people. Like a senator or a president.
Kay: You know how naive you sound?
Michael: Why?
Kay: Senators and presidents don't have men killed...
Michael: Oh... who's being naive, Kay?
Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207964
07/20/03 07:13 PM
07/20/03 07:13 PM
Luca's boy Offline
Made Member
Luca's boy  Offline
Made Member
You were more on the ball with Vincent D'ofrino as Luca. Mcguire as Fredo is a good idea. It would have to be DeNiro as Don Vito. I doubt we would see McClusky, However I think it would make sense to have Barzini, and Tatalia.

Re: My heartfelt casting suggestions #207965
07/22/03 06:14 AM
07/22/03 06:14 AM
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Montauk Offline OP
Made Member
Montauk  Offline OP
Made Member
Carmine Cuneo's Turf
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca's boy:
You were more on the ball with Vincent D'ofrino as Luca. Mcguire as Fredo is a good idea. It would have to be DeNiro as Don Vito. I doubt we would see McClusky, However I think it would make sense to have Barzini, and Tatalia.
You know what's a damned shame, now that I think about it after watching II again. Joe Mantegna would be perfect IMHO as a younger Frankie Pentangeli, but he already put in as Joey Zasa.

Montauk

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull