GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (hoodlum), 72 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,817
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207887
06/28/03 01:12 AM
06/28/03 01:12 AM
YouGivinMeOrders Offline OP
Wiseguy
YouGivinMeOrders  Offline OP
Wiseguy
I dont know maybe I'm crazy but the only thing I can see 4 being about is the time from the end of the prequel portion of two up until one. Really that would probably be the best portion of the saga, showing how Vito built The Family up into its glory period. There are just endless possibilities for the plot also. I think that would be as Puzo wanted it too. Isn't this far and away the best possible scenario for 4?

The eyes chico, they never lie.
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207888
06/28/03 11:57 AM
06/28/03 11:57 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I am in total agreement with you! I know that I am not the only one who wants to see Vito build his empire and Sonny, Michael, Fredo as they mature and how they were when they were younger.

Many I know, would like to see the Vincent saga continue, but I am not one of them. However, rumor is that if it is made, they will continue Vincent's story and flashbacks to a young Sonny/Michael and hopefully Vito (although hard to imagine who would play the parts)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207889
06/28/03 10:43 PM
06/28/03 10:43 PM
Newcastle
Bada Bing Offline
Associate
Bada Bing  Offline
Associate
Newcastle
If they focus on the later years and include Michale, Al would work perfectly as the older Michael becuase he has of course aged. So it would no doubt work well.

"The one thing we've learned from history is that you can kill anyone"
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207890
07/04/03 11:31 AM
07/04/03 11:31 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
As a die hard Godfather fan, my heart would love to see another movie. But honestly, I just don't think it would work too well. In my opinion, they should make a TV mini series, something called "The Godfather Chronicles " and show how Don Corleone built the empire, the boys growing up, how Luca came into being, his taking on of the Irish Gang, everything right up until Connies Wedding. If the proper actors/ actresses are picked, and the writing is good, I feel a mini series could work well. Everything could fit into 8 - 10 hours, no problem. But a Movie with a similar storyline would just not be long enough to cover all those events.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207891
07/04/03 09:35 PM
07/04/03 09:35 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Not a bad idea Don Cardi. I know I'd watch it. Maybe just knowing it was a tv movie wouldn't have all our expectations so high! There have been many very good tv movies, however usually the really big stars don't take the roles. Yet, that's not to say that there aren't really good "unknowns" out there. Unfortunately, it's out of our hands.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207892
07/06/03 11:51 AM
07/06/03 11:51 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Not a bad idea Don Cardi. I know I'd watch it. Maybe just knowing it was a tv movie wouldn't have all our expectations so high! There have been many very good tv movies, however usually the really big stars don't take the roles. Yet, that's not to say that there aren't really good "unknowns" out there. Unfortunately, it's out of our hands.

Stallionette,
I would like to see Lilo Broncato ( Bronx Tale, Sopranos, Rennisance Man ) play a young Sonny. Jason Cerbone ( Sopranos ) play a young Michael.

Don Cardi

TIS

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207893
07/07/03 05:34 AM
07/07/03 05:34 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I'm against the idea of a TV series. A good idea, but for personal preference I'd hate to see the odd non-hardcore fan trying to think they were into it, and really didn't have a clue.

As for the storyline you mentioned, I'm also against that, as for anybody else to be playing Vito, Sonny et al would be disastrous. The same was probably said when De NIro was cast as Vito back in 1974, but I just can't see it happening these days, with the lack of young Italian actors (as long as The Sopranos remains to air,the best will not be avaiable).

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207894
07/07/03 03:33 PM
07/07/03 03:33 PM
Cook county jail
lil_mafioso Offline
Capo
lil_mafioso  Offline
Capo
Cook county jail
Even Though I love the Godfathjer Trilogy to the point of obsession. I dont think there should be a GodfatherIV. It would mar the others greatness. Although now that I've just noticed that Godfather II is on .....Al Pacino ..well any way even though I love the Godfather, it would not go over well!

..Only dont tell me your innocent because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry...
-Michael Corleone
"..it was a murder but not a crime"
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207895
07/13/03 03:56 AM
07/13/03 03:56 AM
ScarfaceRH Offline
Underboss
ScarfaceRH  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by YouGivinMeOrders:
I dont know maybe I'm crazy but the only thing I can see 4 being about is the time from the end of the prequel portion of two up until one. Really that would probably be the best portion of the saga, showing how Vito built The Family up into its glory period. There are just endless possibilities for the plot also. I think that would be as Puzo wanted it too. Isn't this far and away the best possible scenario for 4?
Best idea I've heard.

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207896
07/15/03 12:06 AM
07/15/03 12:06 AM
Toronto
rankinoabel Offline
Associate
rankinoabel  Offline
Associate
Toronto
Having re-seen the Godfather Trilogy especially won DVD. There is no doubt in my mind that GF 4 should be made. Garcia should lead with De Niro as a Middle Age Don.

A key character is a young SOnny and that role should be chosen carefully. It would be a perfect story with the rise of a crime family (pre-WW II) and the fall of a family under Garcia (with a drug cartel) as per FFC's words.

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207897
08/23/03 11:32 AM
08/23/03 11:32 AM
London, Ontario, Canada
Abbott S. Sholdice Offline
Wiseguy
Abbott S. Sholdice  Offline
Wiseguy
London, Ontario, Canada
Godfather III left the plot hanging in limbo with Francis Coppolas last minute ending with the aged Micheal Corleone slumping of a chair in the garden seemingly dead.

I can only treat that last scene as an anomaly within the whole Godfather plot.

Micheal does not die in Part 3, the funeral at the end was Don Tomasinos.

A beautiful story lies in limbo clouded by Michaels enemies.
Micheal is ready for his supreme act of power as he has always shown himself to exert his will just when he and the Corleones appear to be crushed.
Part 4 needs to finish the trilogy, and the story of Michaels life, irregardless of the ending in the re-release version.

Micheals job is to fulfill Vito's vision of wealth and power by lanundering the money from the gambling and prostitution rackets into legitimate enterprises. If he does not achieve this the Corleones will continue to be wiped out.

Robert Deniro can come back to play vito in a flashback sequence telling the story of building Las Vegas and rising to a postion of almost supreme power in the mafia.

I have some godfather 4 notes on my website at:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/scottsholdice/

I welcome some criticism, specifics is what I am really looking for.

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207898
09/21/03 12:23 AM
09/21/03 12:23 AM
YouGivinMeOrders Offline OP
Wiseguy
YouGivinMeOrders  Offline OP
Wiseguy
I agree the casting would have to be very carefully done, but I really think that it could work. I hated Godfather III and would not want a similar tainting of the Godfather legacy, but I feel the best part of the Corleone family's existence hasn't been told yet. Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm working in Hollywood to get it made.

The eyes chico, they never lie.
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207899
09/21/03 02:37 AM
09/21/03 02:37 AM
antPhoenix Offline
Made Member
antPhoenix  Offline
Made Member
I never thought it could possibly work, but consider having today's De Niro play a 40ish Don Corleone. Sure, it'd take make up, and he would really have to embrace Brando's "Vito" a lot more than in part 2, but I think it could work.

I think the rest of the cast would have to be relative unknowns, but good actors none the less. As for finding a young Santino, Michael, etc, look at the beginning of Goodfellas. The kid they got was perfect, he really looked and acted like a young Ray Liota/Henry Hill, and he was completely unknown. I don't think you could have some well known actor, like Leonardo DiCaprio, (puke) playing a role of Santino, or anyone else.

If FFC could put together an excellent -- and I mean excellent, because The Godfather shouldn't settle for less than that -- I would want to see it. The one thing that actually holds the project back, in my opinion, is the passing of Mario Puzo. I don't think the series should continue without his blessing, and without him having a hand in it. Then again, I'd like to hear from his wife on the matter, because I understand she helped finish his final novel after he passed away.

I guess my love for the Corleone family makes me want to see more about them, but only if it's extremely well done. I wouldn't accept anything less.

Michael: My father's no different than any other powerful man, any man who's responsible for other people. Like a senator or a president.
Kay: You know how naive you sound?
Michael: Why?
Kay: Senators and presidents don't have men killed...
Michael: Oh... who's being naive, Kay?
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207900
09/21/03 06:19 AM
09/21/03 06:19 AM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
First of all, the story ended with part III. Sadly enough after the brilliant first two parts, FFC & Puzo made a 'redemption quest' of the cruel Michael Corleone. They punish him though, in the end, with the ultimate sacrifice: the death of his daughter.

Where it had to end with him killing his own brother, they stretched the torture of Mike a bit. But when Mary died, Mike died. That's it.

Second of all, I think it's a disastrous idea to show us the 'happy years'. Not only was the whole saga affected by PART III, but the brilliant first movie (the Brando movie) would be affected as well if one of it's strong characteristics (the assumably notorious past of top crime boss Vito "could I have gotten to him ten years ago?" Corleone) is damaged by showing it all to us.

The Godfather is NOT a story about a succesfull crime syndicate. It is about what happened to a Family, long after it's destiny turned out to be crime and murder and such. We have seen what happened to the father, the mother, the sons, the daughter and the granddaughter. What more is there left to show? Vincent? Young Vito again? The Godfather is about family, not about mafia, I think.

I really love all three movies. I would definitely see a part IV, for the sake of it. But please, Paramount, DON'T! It just can not work anymore...

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207901
10/27/03 06:28 PM
10/27/03 06:28 PM
New Jersey
TheCrazyMan Offline
Made Member
TheCrazyMan  Offline
Made Member
New Jersey
With Godfather IV, it would be good to see the flashbacks of Vito Corleone and his rise to power, slowly building up his Genco Pura Olive Oil Company through the great Depression and also show Sonny in his younger years, explaining how he joined the "Family Business" when he did a small-time robbery with some friends.

It should also show Vito against the Capones, as well as him nearly getting killed during the "Olive Oil" wars when Sonny took control for a short while. Plus it'll explain Luca Brasi and how he killed 6 men in 2 weeks to end that war.

For a young michael, he would only play a minor role, just like Al would play the minor role in 4, just being a mentor to Vincent and his dealings with any other types of mafia.

Though, for Vincent, who should the family be after? So far, the greatest challenge the Corleone family faced was the Vatican and Don Lucessi, and well... they didn't quite succeed as well as they hoped. They may have Immobiliare, but they lost their ally the Pope, and Mikey lost his innocent daughter.

Plus, you should also have Vincent just like Michael near the end of GF2, realizing he gave up what he loved the most for the family: Mary. He loved and lost her, just like how Mikey loved and lost Kay. It would also cause him to be shallow and cruel to all his enemies, as well as his friends. If written correctly, it would make for a very dramatic piece.

Take Care
George
Don Crazyman

"Tonight, The Crazyman family settles its accounts. Monkey and Strawboy, those lil amatuer artist f*cks. they've been screwing with us since the beginning. F*ck'em.
Izabela, my ex-g/f, Tracey will pay her a visit, at her home.
Ruben, take a train to Holman, light a candle for professor Nyman."
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207902
10/27/03 06:58 PM
10/27/03 06:58 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
If and when this TV series or movie comes out wouldn't Scott Caan be the best person to play "young Sonny" he looks just like him. I like the TV idea the best that way when it is done iit will be over with and hopefully they won't leave ua hangin like GF3 did.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207903
11/01/03 05:52 AM
11/01/03 05:52 AM
AlPacino Offline
Wiseguy
AlPacino  Offline
Wiseguy
it could be about Michael in the 60's...after Part II but before Part III. That way Al Pacino can still be in the movie...but the story's gonna suck...

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207904
11/01/03 03:07 PM
11/01/03 03:07 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

However, rumor is that if it is made, they will continue Vincent's story and flashbacks to a young Sonny/Michael and hopefully Vito (although hard to imagine who would play the parts)

TIS
well if they did flashbacks to Vito during the time period I was in he'd be the perfect age now.
I don't know about sonny. And if they did michael AFTER mary's death he'd be the right age as well. (the amazing this is pacino looks late 40's early 50's yet hes 63!)

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207905
11/24/03 10:17 PM
11/24/03 10:17 PM
Illinois
Don Foozbond Offline
Button
Don Foozbond  Offline
Button
Illinois
Your definately correct. I remember Puzo saying he wanted to focus on Santino as a young man making his bones in the family.

-Fooz
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207906
12/15/03 06:57 PM
12/15/03 06:57 PM
Washington, DC
Valadius Offline
Capo
Valadius  Offline
Capo
Washington, DC
Godfather IV should be about not only Sonny's introduction to the family business, but Fredo's as well. I honestly think that Fredo's story was never fully brought out in Parts I and II. I would be very interested in seeing the character of Fredo come out in full.

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207907
12/16/03 01:08 PM
12/16/03 01:08 PM
Boston
Don'tForgetTheCannolis Offline
Made Member
Don'tForgetTheCannolis  Offline
Made Member
Boston
I agree with you on this one fully, we only know Fredo as a guy causing all the problems. I really think Fredo was a different guy before he saw his father shot and he didn't do anything about it. I think thats an idea with a lot of possibilities.

"Take it easy"
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207908
12/16/03 01:17 PM
12/16/03 01:17 PM
Boston
Don'tForgetTheCannolis Offline
Made Member
Don'tForgetTheCannolis  Offline
Made Member
Boston
I personally feel as though we need to move away from Michael in order for a fourth movie to be succesfull. Not that I don't love all the movies but theres only so many movies you can do that focus on the same character every time. I think we need to look more into other parts of the Family. Me i'd pick the time period when the Corleone empire was getting going before and during the Five Family war of the 30's. I think DeNiro can still do it, and i'm not sure if Bruno Kirby is totally out of the question either the only problem being he is that he isn't really heavy. I think there is a ton of plot in that time period and of course it would re-introduce us to the DON which is what we all really want. I'd also like to mention what a testament this is to Marlon Brando's performance that its truly the lasting image of the Godfather movies and really a lasting image on American film. I don't think any character in any movie has had the effect in that of the one of the DON he is the one that keeps me coming back for more.

"Take it easy"
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207909
01/10/04 11:54 AM
01/10/04 11:54 AM
America
V
Vinnie da Guinea Offline
Wiseguy
Vinnie da Guinea  Offline
V
Wiseguy
America
Hey, Paisans....It's kinda hard to do a really good sequel to the greatest movie of all time. Primary reason, the original cast members are either much...MUCH older or dead (i.e. John Cazale). Using orig's would lend much credibilty to the story. Also, very few sequels are ever even half as good as the 1st.

However, that being said (heh, heh) I think the story of the Corleones coming to power in the late 20's - 30's would be the best bet. Showing how Sonny took over for Don Vito when he was shot and how the family grew to power during the Olive Oil wars probably has the most chance of being a successful film and story.

Also, I think, a good way of showing this would be to line it up with a modern day storyline of what happens to the Corleone empire after Michaels death.

You know, the big talk on these boards is that Vincent really was not Sonny's child. Lucy had him with the guy she hooked up with when she moved to Vegas, after Sonny was killed. (Not gonna go into that here. Check around the other postings. You'll see what I mean).

If that is so, howzabout this one. As in GFII, go back and forth between the 20's-30's and the present day. If Vincent is not really a Corleone, Sonny's true son, Frank shows up with Connie's kid (remember the baptism GFI...) and fights Vinnie for their birthright....the Corleone Family legacy!!! Eh? Just a thought.

I could realy expound on this one (thought about it too much), but I get tired typing for too long.
Maybe, one day, when I'm old and grey, I'll spend some time on this and post a story outline so you all can give opinions. (Hey, wait a minute, I am old and grey!!!)Whatever!!!

"Senator, we are all part of the same hypocracy but don't ever think that it applies to my family."

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207910
01/11/04 12:49 AM
01/11/04 12:49 AM
Washington, DC
Valadius Offline
Capo
Valadius  Offline
Capo
Washington, DC
You just hit it right on the money. I'm gonna start working in the Corleone/not Corleone bit into my outline. Didn't think of that one, though I should have... should Jules be in GF IV?

Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207911
01/12/04 01:29 PM
01/12/04 01:29 PM
Spring, TX
Cross De Lena Offline
Made Member
Cross De Lena  Offline
Made Member
Spring, TX
Remember - one of the most intriguing aspects of GF I - III is that real mafia history is incorporated into the fiction of the Corleone story. Without that, any GFIV version will not fit with the others.

"...And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
- Jules' version of Ezekiel 25:17
Re: Isn't it clear what 4 would have to be about? #207912
01/18/04 03:04 PM
01/18/04 03:04 PM
ACK_NO. 1 Offline
Button
ACK_NO. 1  Offline
Button
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
If and when this TV series or movie comes out wouldn't Scott Caan be the best person to play "young Sonny" he looks just like him.
He may look like him but can he ACT???

"Ahh, rock stars...is there anything they don't know?" - Homer J. Simpson

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull