GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ciment, Toodoped), 363 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,204
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,060,000
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207664
02/08/03 02:10 AM
02/08/03 02:10 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline OP
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline OP
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
O.K. lets see if I can explain this right, We all know GF1, & GF2 are timeless classics GF3 isn't as good as the first 2. Does anyone here actually think a GF4 is a good idea, or does anyone here think they should just be content with the first 3?

I'm asking this cause I know some people who think that GF1, & GF2 was completely ruined because part 3 isn't as good.

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207665
02/08/03 02:22 AM
02/08/03 02:22 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
i think this is a good idea but they have to make sure that the writer is as good and creative as Mario Puzo. and if the movie will be made, it should follow the steps of the Godfather not like what happened to The Sicilian. and the actors should be pick perfectly like what Coppola did. or else, it will ruin the Godfather legacy. . .
but my question is this, will they released another boxed set including the forth or will they released it as a single dvd(GF4)?

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207666
02/08/03 05:57 PM
02/08/03 05:57 PM
dgf
mikey_likes_it Offline
Wiseguy
mikey_likes_it  Offline
Wiseguy
dgf
This is such a bad idea to have a gf4, the story of the Godfather is the story of Michal Corleone. In case anybody didnt see it Michal died in Godfather 3. I do not want to see an idiot like Leonardo Caprio playing a young vito or michael. We have already seen them. They were beatifuly acted by 2 of the greatest acters in American history, Mr. Al Pacino and Mr. Robert De niro. This will ruin the Godfather's legacy, prestige, history. to let some moron write the final chapter is ridiculous and unnessary, mostly because we have already seen the final chapter. This is pathetic and i hope it never happens!

HMMM!! LIFE CEREAL!!!!
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207667
02/08/03 06:58 PM
02/08/03 06:58 PM
Nederland
Michael Corleone 14 Offline
Underboss
Michael Corleone 14  Offline
Underboss
Nederland
If you just use your common sense you know its not gonna work.

The Godfather: Great movie. Entirely based on the novel

The Godfather Part II: A bit less than The Godfather, but alot of people disagree, won more awards. Bigger budget, more freedom for the director. Only halfly based on the novel.

The Godfather Part III: A lot less than The Godfather and The Godfather Part II, the chances of being made were slim, very slim, Nino Rota died, so no knew themes, just oporah, and themes by Carmine Coppola. Not based on the novel at all. A lot of the original collaborators didn't join to make it, because it was 20 years after The Godfather.

The Godfather Part IV: No help of Mario Puzo, again no new really good music themes, alot less collaborators than The Godfather and The Godfather Part II. Probably gonna be a lot worse than The Godfather Part III.

NO GOOD IDEA!

P.S: Correct me if I'm wrong.

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207668
02/08/03 07:25 PM
02/08/03 07:25 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:

[b]NO GOOD IDEA!

P.S: Correct me if I'm wrong.[/b]
I can't. You're absolutely correct.

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207669
02/09/03 03:52 AM
02/09/03 03:52 AM
Apollonia Corleone Offline
Associate
Apollonia Corleone  Offline
Associate
In the dvd's for the trilogy special features thingee it showed Puzo talking about the fourth one. He said he really hopes there is a fourth one and that he already wrote half the script...

Only the Good Die Young
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207670
02/10/03 07:58 PM
02/10/03 07:58 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Im sorry for posting this so many times but i fits well here to,

I am aganst the use of De Nero in the 4th chapter but dont get me wrong I want him to play Vito. I believe he is the only man other than Brando who could do it. But his age is hindering. They could show Vito's rise to power which would be nice because it does go into even more detail in the Puzo original novel, his rise to the status "DON". He would naturally be older in the movie scince they would focus on issues after Fanucci's death. If they can make Anthony Hopkins(Great Actor) look younger in Red Dragon they can make De Nero look younger, But it would look terrible. ALl in all the whole idea of GF 4 is bad. It is such a good thing, I know it would be great to have more, but the Godfather reached the top, it cant go anywhere but down now( a new one, the old godfather is not going anywhere )

Sinceramente,

The Don Michael Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207671
02/10/03 10:16 PM
02/10/03 10:16 PM
D
Declan Offline
Associate
Declan  Offline
D
Associate
Of course it's a bad idea. I always thought III was a possibility simply because of the potential money involved, but I wasn't sure Copolla or Puzo would have been involved. I also felt Michael Corleone was too fascinating a character to forever be left as he was in II.

Those of us enamored with the book knew there were storylines that could be expanded to make good films, but Hollywood has gone to such regurgitation I had no doubt their would be future Godfather films unless the entire Puzo family is very, very wealthy.

A Godfather film without Michael is a different proposition entirely and it would be likely be a disaster. I liked Vincente's character (and Garcia's acting) enough to see pontential, but demands great writing, and even the events in the late 80's and 90's regarding organized crime prosecution, would make Vincent's story seem to be pre-ordained. I even have more reservations about the new book. But if this guy is writing the sequel to The Godfather and ignoring the films (except to avoid contradicting them, as he says in another thread), who knows? I'm not so much hung up about a different actor trying to step into a character portrayed by Pacino, Duvall, et al. But if someone almost impossibly, makes a great IV, no one would be happier than I. The 60's and 70's are available to this storyline. It's is a bad idea to make IV only if they blow it, which there's a 99.9% chance they will.
Having said that I believe there will be more Godfather films made. Hollywood is brain-dead and the Corleone family is entrenched in our culture. Though I have complete reservations, I can see the Puzo's family commissioning of a new book as being it could be the the best defense against potentially terrible future Godfather movies. The author has to ace it, though. What are the odds?

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207672
02/18/03 03:42 AM
02/18/03 03:42 AM
California
DonColletti Offline
RIP :(
DonColletti  Offline
RIP :(
Underboss
California
pulling from Adam Sandler's "Billy Madison," "A simple no would be fine" that's what i think.

His whole life was a million to one shot
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207673
02/18/03 11:44 PM
02/18/03 11:44 PM
Illinois
Leslie Offline
Wiseguy
Leslie  Offline
Wiseguy
Illinois
I am the reason their is going to be a Godfather IV. What I'm saying is, fanatics like us have created a demand to see this story continue. The repeated showing of the movies on commercial television generally get good ratings. The release of the DVD was like the second coming. Fansites like this one and the dozens of others that exist let the powers that be know there is still a demand for more of the Corleones.

It is all about the dollars, and this book will be a best seller, because I crave more of the Corleones and I will prolly buy it even it the reviews are not so good, because I am a Corleone junkie and so are you.

Yeah, I left it noisy, scares away any-pain-in the ass innocent bystanders.

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207674
02/18/03 11:45 PM
02/18/03 11:45 PM
Illinois
Leslie Offline
Wiseguy
Leslie  Offline
Wiseguy
Illinois
I am the reason their is going to be a Godfather IV. What I'm saying is, fanatics like us have created a demand to see this story continue. The repeated showing of the movies on commercial television generally get good ratings. The release of the DVD was like the second coming. Fansites like this one and the dozens of others that exist let the powers that be know there is still a demand for more of the Corleones.

It is all about the dollars, and this book will be a best seller, because I crave more of the Corleones and I will prolly buy it even it the reviews are not so good, because I am a Corleone junkie and so are you.

Yeah, I left it noisy, scares away any-pain-in the ass innocent bystanders.

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207675
02/19/03 12:28 AM
02/19/03 12:28 AM
Michigan
Hollywood Hagan Offline
Underboss
Hollywood Hagan  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
This depends on a few things. First, what time will it focus on. In my opinion, it should follow Vincent running the family into the ground in the 80's and 90's, as well as Vito's rise in power from Fanucci's killing to Connie's wedding. I'd love the see him make the offer the band leader cant refuse, see Luca Brasi in action, see the kids grow up and go thier own ways, etc. This would complete the Epic story, from the beginning (Vito's migration and rise to power) to the end (the family's collapse under Vincent). I think the main focus should be on the old days, considering this is the more interesting story, and that Vincent only appeared in Part 3, while the other story would tie more directly into the entire trilogy.

Also, aside from the plot, Coppola would have to direct.

Deniro would have to play Vito, Garcia would obviously have to be Vincent, and please no Leonardo DiCaprio as Sonny crap.

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207676
02/19/03 03:50 AM
02/19/03 03:50 AM
London, Ontario, Canada
Abbott S. Sholdice Offline
Wiseguy
Abbott S. Sholdice  Offline
Wiseguy
London, Ontario, Canada
Godfather IV could answer all the questions that the other Godfathers leave. What happens to the family after Vito and the family are targeted by the government as mafiaso. The funeral at the end of GF IV was Don Tomasino's. Micheal did appear to die in the very last scene (falling off the chair). Coppola himself called this scene in at the last minute just to finish of Micheal and the Godfather films. It remains a literary anomaly because Micheals' plans to transfer all their assets into legitmate real estate investments seems to be going through. Micheal is ill but he does not feel he is going to die. Micheal is always the outsider to the others but he dominates under pressure. Micheal is not trying to be a mob guy (scene at Vitos birthday party at the end of GF II) he is alot more straight arrow than Vito. He is more boring, etc... Vito is bigger than life. Micheal in part III fulfills Vitos vision to dominate and gain all this wealth and power. Only in part III does Vitos vision, his plans for Micheal and his own redemption from a kind of ultimate failure take place. Coppola says no part IV. He is responsible for the problems in Part III which are mostly directorial ( those of perception). GF III is quite stunningly brilliant, partly in being able to follow up the original, partly in expanding the core plot in a new direction, expanding the concept of Vito even in his death. Vito lives in III, even in death.

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207677
02/19/03 05:09 AM
02/19/03 05:09 AM
Southampton, England
mama Offline
Button
mama  Offline
Button
Southampton, England
i personally wouldn't like to see a Godfather 4 but if they did do one i would like to see where tom comes into it, and when Vito and Carmella meet

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207678
02/19/03 03:06 PM
02/19/03 03:06 PM
connecticut
drex Offline
Made Member
drex  Offline
Made Member
connecticut
i think this isgood idea mabey it will somwhat make up for the godfather III.

leave the gun take the canoli
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207679
03/05/03 03:23 PM
03/05/03 03:23 PM
NJ
Justino Offline
Associate
Justino  Offline
Associate
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by mama:
i personally wouldn't like to see a Godfather 4 but if they did do one i would like to see where tom comes into it, and when Vito and Carmella meet
I agree. I'd love to see some of Tom's origin, as well as Sonny pulling some jobs.

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207680
03/06/03 05:43 PM
03/06/03 05:43 PM
So Cal
no girI so sweet Offline
Made Member
no girI so sweet  Offline
Made Member
So Cal
NO GF4!

Personally, I don't like the idea of a GF 4, since Michael died and there's basically no one of importance left except for Vincent.

Someone in another topic mentioned that if they make a GF4, maybe Anthony will get involved in the business and I can't picture Anthony getting involved.
He seemed too girly and not manly enough in G3.

If G4 happens,I don't think the story will be that great, it will ruin the trilogy and the trilogy is already great as it is, no need to make other movies. They kill movies by making lots of sequels just like all 46455 Halloween movies that they've made.

Also, the idea of Leonardo DiCaprio being considered for GF4 makes me nauseous.

Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207681
03/07/03 05:51 PM
03/07/03 05:51 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
It'd be ruined.All the good characters are dead and to honest i think Vincent is a prick who doesnt deserve to be the don.I also liked the 70's picture quality.It gave it more of a classic feel.Maayyyybe just mayyybe if they did do a move about the characters in the past, but if they did they would have to resemble them pretty much in looks,voice and characteristics.

You talkin' to me?
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207682
03/08/03 01:07 AM
03/08/03 01:07 AM
New Jersey
TonyZarelli Offline
Button
TonyZarelli  Offline
Button
New Jersey
I think we can all agree it's a RISKY idea.

l'amante di violenza.

Cubano y Italiano.

My favorite band es the Beatles
My favorite musicain es Nas
I like a lot of music...
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207683
03/08/03 07:46 AM
03/08/03 07:46 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
its a Make or Break move. . .

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207684
03/13/03 09:32 AM
03/13/03 09:32 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
I am a Corleone junkie and so are you.
I'm with you, Leslie.

Frankly, I am totally mystified by the viewpoint that there should be no Part IV. Granted, Part III was nowhere as good as I or II, but those two films are an enormous standard to compare anything else to. As has been said by many here before, had Part III been the only GODFATHER film, it would have been recognized for the fine work of art (although flawed) that it was.

I personally enjoy the films of the trilogy more as examples of the film maker's art than for their plots. The stories were all good, of course, but let's face it: Part II had a plot that had major holes in it, and the plot of Part III was at times incomprehensible. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, and I had to watch Part III many times before I knew just who was doing what to who. And in some cases, I'm still not completely sure.

But that, for me, doesn't detract one bit from my enjoyment of the first two films. And a Part IV, no matter how bad it may turn out to be, won't either.

As far as a plot goes, Michael's death at the end of III is inconsequential. Part III was set in the late 70's, so Part IV could easilly be in the early 90's, with all of the characters having aged appropriately. Clearly, from his look when he died, Michael was still alive then. All we'd need is a good story with him, Vincent, Connie, Neri, Kay, et al.

The flashback scenes could potentially be great. DeNiro as Vito 25 years or so after Part II--Late 1930's, early 1940's. (We may have to play with the time line a little, here). There are more than enough possible flashback scenes in the novel which weren't covered in Part II. I see Scott Caan as Sonny, and there are certainly enough good, young male actors around to fill the other roles.

Let's all admit it, now: If and when they do make Part IV, there isn't a person on these boards who calls himself a Godfather fan that won't be going to see it within a few days of its opening.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: GF4, A GOOD IDEA? #207685
03/16/03 03:22 PM
03/16/03 03:22 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
If they did make a 4th one, as much as I would like to seee it i would also be too scared to see it incase they f*** it up.

You talkin' to me?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull