GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Malavita), 199 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,378
Posts1,059,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Godfather : Fall of the Corleones #207634
01/30/03 04:24 AM
01/30/03 04:24 AM
Brussels
Jerou Offline OP
Associate
Jerou  Offline OP
Associate
Brussels
I believe that it is a good idea to make a sequel to our so beloved Godfather Trilogy.
Here is my suggestion about the storyline :

I think that it would be very interesting to explore how the mafia has been functioning in the last 10 years. So instead of telling the rise of Vito Corleone and the Fall of Micheal, the fourth book could tell how Vincent holds together the remains of the Corleone "Empire" in the late 90's, leading to the unstoppable fall of the family. MIcheal I think should be dead already and not be part of the fourth book. Neither should there be a funeral scene. In my opinion "Fall of the Corleones" should be set in the year 1994.
This fourth book shall be seen as the beginning of a new era in the Corleone Chronicles. If Book four goes back to the "lost" years of the 1930', it would ruin Parts I and II. I see Part III as an intermezzo to make place for the new "Vincent" era.
To make the new Parts as good as I and II, they must be written in a way to make it interesting for modern people. Not trying to take on the principles and ideas of the original novel.

Your partner Jerou

Re: The Godfather : Fall of the Corleones #207635
02/01/03 03:28 AM
02/01/03 03:28 AM
California
DonColletti Offline
RIP :(
DonColletti  Offline
RIP :(
Underboss
California
Sounds good, but I believe Michael died in 1996. I'm not positive though.

His whole life was a million to one shot
Re: The Godfather : Fall of the Corleones #207636
02/01/03 09:44 PM
02/01/03 09:44 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerou:
I believe that it is a good idea to make a sequel to our so beloved Godfather Trilogy.
Here is my suggestion about the storyline :

I think that it would be very interesting to explore how the mafia has been functioning in the last 10 years. So instead of telling the rise of Vito Corleone and the Fall of Micheal, the fourth book could tell how Vincent holds together the remains of the Corleone "Empire" in the late 90's, leading to the unstoppable fall of the family. MIcheal I think should be dead already and not be part of the fourth book. Neither should there be a funeral scene. In my opinion "Fall of the Corleones" should be set in the year 1994.
This fourth book shall be seen as the beginning of a new era in the Corleone Chronicles. If Book four goes back to the "lost" years of the 1930', it would ruin Parts I and II. I see Part III as an intermezzo to make place for the new "Vincent" era.
To make the new Parts as good as I and II, they must be written in a way to make it interesting for modern people. Not trying to take on the principles and ideas of the original novel.

Your partner Jerou
nice points Jerou! i agree totally with the fact that retelling the 1930s era would spoil parts 1 and 2. i think that if it happens, then it should be made as if it's a totally new film altogether. this way, if it is a flop, it won't bring the trilogy down.

mick

ps. welcome to the boards, if you post like you have in this thread you'll get along just fine!!

pps. any reason why you decided it should be set in '94? why not '93 or '95?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: The Godfather : Fall of the Corleones #207637
02/02/03 04:33 AM
02/02/03 04:33 AM
Brussels
Jerou Offline OP
Associate
Jerou  Offline OP
Associate
Brussels
The reason why I set the story in 1994, is a rather personal one. As I am a huge fan of Star Wars, I choose 1994, because it is the year where Mr. Lucas started writing Episode I. But I also think that 1994 is a good year, so we see Vincent already in his 50's bringing the Saga to a near end.
Book 4 should be the last one bieng called "The Godfather", all the other books after (If book 4 is succesful, there will certainly be one or two more books) should be entitled "The Sequel to the Gofather Saga", or something like that. Because they will probably talk about an era after Vincent, unless they introduce a new succesor in Book 4.

Your parner Jerou

ps. Thank you for the welcome Mick

Re: The Godfather : Fall of the Corleones #207638
02/02/03 10:53 PM
02/02/03 10:53 PM
MN
Domenico Clericuzio Offline
Capo
Domenico Clericuzio  Offline
Capo
MN
Quote:
Originally posted by DonColletti:
Sounds good, but I believe Michael died in 1996. I'm not positive though.
Whats prop 14?

I am not that sort of person who trusts his friendship to those who do not value it- on those who think me of little account. Don Vito Corleone to Amerigo Bonasera.

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull