GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 71 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207409
11/04/02 01:58 AM
11/04/02 01:58 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
NYTimes had a humorous Op-Ed article last Saturday (11/2)in which they asked six novelists to "try their hand at starting GF IV." I can't begin to tell you how funny this stuff was. The Times hasn't posted this column on its website, so I'll just reproduce the first submission, by Christopher Buckley, author of "No Way to Treat a Lady" (which was made into an excellent film starring Rod Steiger):
The black Lincoln Town Car slowed as it approached the rain-soaked curb. The headlights illuminated the face of the man standing there.
Don Michael Corleone, sitting in the car's back seat, looked out through the window and saw the recognizable features beneath the homburg hat: the thick moustache and eyebrows, the cruel eyes. The man was holding his trademark rifle, firing it aimlessly into the air as Michael pulled up. Just as well, Michael thought, that it was late and that there were no pedestrians.
Michael opened the door. Saddam Hussein got in.
They drove north in silence, up the West Side Highway, toward to George Washington Bridge.
The low-yield thermonuclear device that the CIA "technical services department" had given Michael to put in Saddam's penne arrabbiata felt hot and uncomfortable inside his jockey shorts. He prayed that it woud not leak radiation and render him impotent. He wanted more sons, though Kay was as usual being difficult.
Michael leaned forward and spoke to the man in the front passenger seat. "I'm going to talk Arabic with Saddam," he said. Kofi Annan, the elegant Secretary General of the UN, nodded and went back to reading his copy of Foreign Affairs.
A second later, Michael's driver violently turned the wheel. The car jumped the median, narrowly missing an oncoming van carrying antiwar demonstrators.
"I thought we were going to New Jersey," Saddam said, firing his rifle through the sun roof. "Don Soprano guaranteed my safety."
Michael Corleone bit off the end of his Montecristo No. 3 cigar and spat it through the shattered sun roof.
"Soprano is finished," he said. "He couldn't guarantee a garbage pickup in Parsippany."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207410
11/04/02 06:14 AM
11/04/02 06:14 AM
J
JohnnyC Offline
Wiseguy
JohnnyC  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I love this.

Give us more!

I hope they will have the decency to clear my name with the same publicity with which they have now besmirched it.
Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207411
11/05/02 05:14 PM
11/05/02 05:14 PM
D
Don Giorgio Gambino Offline
Underboss
Don Giorgio Gambino  Offline
D
Underboss
Please more Turnbull!!!

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207412
11/05/02 10:18 PM
11/05/02 10:18 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Who says there aren't creative writers out there hu?? Great story Turnbull!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207413
11/05/02 10:27 PM
11/05/02 10:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
OK! Here's the second of the six NYTimes scenarios, contributed by Mark Leyner, author of "The Tetherballs of Bougainville":

Mobopolis, the most popular new attraction at Epcot Center, features a false-fronted Mulberry Street, including a glass-enclosd reconstruction of the old Gambino Family hangout, the Ravenite Social Club. Here, actual Cosa Nostra dons and underbosses, driven to seek alternative employment by a faltering economy, are paid to engage in the interminable kibitzing, coffee-drinking and card-playing that characterize a typical mobster's day.
In a bank of specailly outfitted vans parked outside the diorama, kids don headphones and listen to the conversations picked up from eavesdropping devices hidden within the mob redoubt. Among the listeners is a 10-year-old Inuit boy on a class trip from Rankin Inlet on the shores of Hudson Bay. Like a baseball fan visiting Cooperstown for the first time, the boy's eyes widen as he takes in the thick baritone colloquay, rendered almost incomprehensible by the fractured syntax, antecedent-less pronouns and a stream of expletives.
From this moment will be born an arctic crime lord whose domain will span from Nunavut to Greenland. Someday, this raven-haired child in a Mickey Mouse cap will achieve a stranglehold on seal-fur products, meat processing and the lucrative soapstone sculpture business. Someday, his life will be chronicled by Zacharias Kunuk, director of "The Fast Runner," whose epic "The Godfather IV: Black Snow" will post the biggest opening-weekend box office in history.

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207414
11/05/02 11:27 PM
11/05/02 11:27 PM
California

California
Mobopolis!!! Black Snow!!

No, maybe it should be "The Godfather.....The Next Batch"!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207415
11/06/02 11:48 AM
11/06/02 11:48 AM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
Both stories were great!

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207416
11/06/02 04:02 PM
11/06/02 04:02 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Here's the third of six GFIV scenarios that appeared in the Times--this one by Sarah Vowell, author of "Take the Cannoli":
On the day of Angelina Corleone's commitment ceremony to her long-time life partner, film producer Heather Lippi, her father, Don Vincent Corleone, accepted an embrace and a thick envelope of cash from his consigliere, Tom Hagen III. Hagen pulled a list of names from his jacket pocket and handed it to Corleone. The people on the list had requested private meetings with the Don, taking advantage of the old custom that no Sicilian can refuse a request on his daughter's civil union day. The two men watched the widow Neri blush as the usher asked
her, "Bride's side or bride's side?"
Corleone shrugged at Hagen, then winked, whispering, "Hey, it could be worse. At least my daughter's marrying an Italian."

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207417
11/06/02 04:52 PM
11/06/02 04:52 PM
California

California
Where do these people come up with these storylines!! Can you imagine this one??

TIS

Btw, Turnbull, look on the Michael Corleone's birthday thread please. Deathkiss and I and others are wagering (more or less) his month/day of birth. If anyone knows, I figure you do. You can settle it once and for all!!! Thanks Piasano!!

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207418
11/07/02 12:04 PM
11/07/02 12:04 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Here's Scenario #4, called "A Humble Pensioner," by Neal Pollack, author of "The Neal Pollack Anthology of American Literature":
Michael Corleone stretched his legs and gazed out the bedroom window at the Florida surf. After faking his own death many years before, he could finally live in peace, except for the his guilt about the murders of his two brothers, his daughter and the only woman he'd ever truly loved.
He took a sip of brandy.
The phone rang.
It was Michael's son, Anthony Corleone, the president of the United States.
"Dad, I need you," Anthony said. "We've received word that at midnight, Eastern Time, terrorists are going to blow up Nobu, Knott's Berry Farm, the offices of The New Republic, and all the dolphins in Vegas."
"So what's that got to do with me?" Michael asked. I'm a humble pensioner."
"Please. You're the only man I know who can stage four assassinations in four different cities simultaneously."
"Not anymore."
"You don't understand," said Anthony. "They're holding your grandchildren hostage."
Michael brooded briefly. Then his eyes blazed with tragic rage. An aria began to play. From his sock drawer, he took a stiletto, a pistol and a fingerprint-obscuring handkerchief. This time, he would do the job himself.
For the family.

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207419
11/07/02 05:47 PM
11/07/02 05:47 PM
sthlm, Sweden
Alberto_Neri Offline
Capo
Alberto_Neri  Offline
Capo
sthlm, Sweden
damn this is some great shit... can't wait forthe next 2 scenarious

"After all, we're not communists"
- Barzini
Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207420
11/07/02 05:52 PM
11/07/02 05:52 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Thanks Turnbull, excellent, I really needed a laugh, but this, was hilarious.

An aria began to play. From his sock drawer, he took a stiletto, a pistol and a fingerprint-obscuring handkerchief. This time, he would do the job himself.

LMAO

Cheers FH

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207421
11/07/02 06:04 PM
11/07/02 06:04 PM
California

California
Number 4 is my favorite so far. Hilarious!!!

TIS

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207422
11/07/02 06:56 PM
11/07/02 06:56 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Number 4 is my favorite so far. Hilarious!!!

TIS
mine too! "Dad, you're the only one who can assasinate four people at four different places at the same time" brilliant!

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207423
11/08/02 07:38 PM
11/08/02 07:38 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
OK, fiction-fans, here's #5 in the NYTimes GFIV scenarios. This one's by George Meyer, writer for "The Simpsons," and is called "The Family Man":
Pipo Corleone gazed into his glass of Barolo, lost in the ruby deeps. As the last remaining grand-nephew of Connie Corleone, he could feel the awful burden of family pressing on his chest, like a monstrous cappuccino machine. His brooding, Tom Cruise-like face winced at the flashback-like images: Moe Green getting shot in the glasses, then all that blood glooping out; Don Altobello, brought down by poisoned cannoli, when so many assassins had failed; that poor horse, who had his head cut off, and then barely survived the operation to reattach it.
And now in this, the newest of milleniums, Pipo's own had tasted tragedy. His wife's dream, the dancing school, lay in ashes. Not literally ashes: A water pipe had burst and buckled the floorboards. And on a Sunday--God's day. (Unless you're Jewish, which Pipo was not.)
But the saga was just beginning for this hot-blooded renegade, the most electrifying Corleone ever. For Pipo would soon embark on the most challenging case of his detective career!

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207424
11/09/02 01:50 AM
11/09/02 01:50 AM
California

California
For some reason, I don't get this one!! Am I missing a punch line? I'll have to read over again!

Am I the only one?

TIS

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207425
11/09/02 08:58 PM
11/09/02 08:58 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
I think the author intended to mix "The Last Don" with the GF Trilogy (Pipo was the "Last Don" character played by Joe Mantegna, and was a hotshot dancer).

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207426
11/09/02 09:03 PM
11/09/02 09:03 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Paisani, here's the last of the six NYTimes GFIV scenarios, this one courtesy of Garrison Keillor, the "Prairie Home Companion" guy. It's called, "Classical Corleone:"
"Listen," the old Don said, "when your father went away to avenge your uncle after your aunt Helen was stolen by the nutso Trojans, this other guy fell in love with your mom, and when your dad came back, this guy was waiting and he killed your dad, and your mom cut your dad's head off with an axe, and then she and the guy got married. OK?" He looked away toward his grape vines and the pool, and the two men standing by the gate. "I want you to go whack that guy. Orestes."
"I was talking to an oracle today. She said it won't be easy."
"Sacrifices will have to be made," the Don said in a commanding and omniscient voice, poping a grape in to his mouth, thinking darkly comic thoughts.

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207427
11/09/02 11:59 PM
11/09/02 11:59 PM
California

California
As Funucci would say, "Too violent for me!"

Thanks for explaining that last one TB. I did see The Last Don, but didn't make the connection.

Now I think you should write the GFIV script and send it in for them to consider.

Thanks for taking the time to post all those great stories!!!

TIS

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207428
11/11/02 04:44 PM
11/11/02 04:44 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Thanks very much for those Turnbull..what a laugh The last one is good too, classical Corleone, I can just imagine the Don in his toga with a laurel leaf thing round his head giving out his orders
I think 4 remains my favourite though

FH

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207429
11/11/02 11:46 PM
11/11/02 11:46 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
WHat did Michael go as for Halloween this year?

I wanna see Jim Carrey play Michael Corleone!

Re: NYTimes GFIV scenarios #207430
11/12/02 12:09 AM
11/12/02 12:09 AM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Stop leaving us,Ricardo.Stay awhile.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull