GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,424
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206349
09/26/01 09:50 AM
09/26/01 09:50 AM
Bada Bing
T
t_soprano Offline OP
Made Member
t_soprano  Offline OP
T
Made Member
Bada Bing
I think that the GF 4 movie should definetly be made. It should document the life of Michael between the shooting death of his daughter at the opera and the final scene of his death, falling off the chair, in Italy.

WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THAT TIME PERIOD??? Did he have anything to do, "behind the scenes", with the new Don...Vincent Corleone...surely, he must have, for Michael would have greatly wanted to avenge the death of his daughter, Mary.
Does anyone else agree with me?

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me BACK IN!"
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206350
09/26/01 10:08 AM
09/26/01 10:08 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I bet nothing happened in between the death of Michael's daughter and his own death. He had already turned the helm over to Vincent. From that agonizing silent scream it's clear that this takes everything out of him, it is the ultimate punishment for all the evil he did during his reign of power, even though it was all to strive for ultimate "legitimacy". He would've had or wanted no part in the business after that; probably became an old recluse, a shell of a man, just as he's seen before dropping dead. That's the only story "in-between".
Apples

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206351
09/26/01 10:25 AM
09/26/01 10:25 AM
Bada Bing
T
t_soprano Offline OP
Made Member
t_soprano  Offline OP
T
Made Member
Bada Bing
Thanks for the reply, Apples. You made some very good points...
Anyone else have an opinion on what happened during this time period?
I would like to hear different viewpoints.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me BACK IN!"
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206352
09/26/01 11:57 AM
09/26/01 11:57 AM
Pittsburgh
L
Liz Skywalker Offline
Underboss
Liz Skywalker  Offline
L
Underboss
Pittsburgh
What probably happened is that Michael stayed in Sicily and had nothing more to do with anybody, just sitting there in his garden remembering the good times and the bad. Vincent probably went back to America and took back the Corleone empire and was bascially like Sonny with a little Michael thrown in for good measure. //shrug

Michael's an old, tired man who probably just wanted to die in peace. He outlived everyone and was left all alone. He accomplished an amazing feat: he was not shot down in the streets. But that left him without an equal and without a last friend. He's really a sad, pitiful character at the end.

Meanwhile, Vincent is back in the States, running the Corleone empire however way he wants to.

That's most likely what FFC and Mario Puzo wanted us to think.

oh, yeah: Anthony went on to have a great singing career, and Michael went to visit him sometimes, but never at the Palermo Opera House. After Michael died, Anthony got in trouble with women and Tom Hagen had to bail him out but it put him on Don Vito's bad side...oh, wait...

"Bacio tua mano."

"But...it was so artistically done."
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206353
09/26/01 01:10 PM
09/26/01 01:10 PM
D
Don Rovalioni Offline
Wiseguy
Don Rovalioni  Offline
D
Wiseguy
I personally think that Mike would have been depressed for a long time (maybe 1 or 2 years). After that, he would come to realize he still has another child to be close with. Although Anthony isn't as close to his dad as Mary was, I think this incident would have brought the two much, much closer together. After all, it was the shooting of the Don (and the attempt on his life in the hospital) that really brought Mike over to his father's side. I think the exact same thing would have happened between Anthony and Mike. So Mike comes back to New York. Vincent has been running things for the past year or two. The other families, sensing the Corleone family's weakness, is trying to move in on their ground. Vincent has been holding ground, but can't finish the job. Mike comes back, becomes consigliere to Vincent, Anthony becomes a capo, and defeats his enemies. There is so much bloodshed, that Mike decides to finish his life in Sicily. Anyways...

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206354
09/26/01 03:36 PM
09/26/01 03:36 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
OK, I stayed out of it for a while, but...with Mary's "accidental" murder, Michael dies, too. Not physically, but it takes everything out of him. There's no way he would want to have any part of the "family" after that. I like Liz Skywalker's version alot, and agree that that is exactly what FFC and MP wanted to convey.

Apples

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206355
09/27/01 05:10 PM
09/27/01 05:10 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
O come on!!You dont know what happenes in between there?Tessio never died and hes like 90 or older and he tries to kill Micheal,but Tessio instead kills Vincent and also kills Connie by sticking an orange down her troat,but Micheal coughs on Tessio and he dies because hes so old and fragile that he got a cold and died.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206356
09/27/01 05:23 PM
09/27/01 05:23 PM
S
sonny's girl Offline
Capo
sonny's girl  Offline
S
Capo
What! We really would want to see a GF4 huh?

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206357
09/27/01 05:27 PM
09/27/01 05:27 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by sonny's girl:
What! We really would want to see a GF4 huh?

Tessio coming back would be great!!!
Or how about if we have Deniro put makeup on and look like another don that Micheal could battle with.
Oh,and Micheal never died,he just tripped.I mean if you were to have anotheer child at Micheals age like he did,I dont think you would be sad and die like people think.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206358
09/30/01 04:50 AM
09/30/01 04:50 AM
J
jackson Offline
Made Member
jackson  Offline
J
Made Member
there will never be a GF4 nor should there be. part 3 is already a dent to the legacy of the first two films. besides now that puzo has passed away FFC has said on numerous occassions that another godfather will not be made.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206359
09/30/01 11:08 AM
09/30/01 11:08 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
thats what they always say when someone passes away out of respect....$$$ talks and no one walks if the $$$ is right. I myself do not think they could do the first two any justice, ( they proved that with part III, my thoughts only!) but you know some people think they can always do better. Look at the crap they have turned out on every old TV show ever made. Thery are always doing remakes of every old movie with an updated modern look. The truth is as much as I want More of the good stuff, I would rather do without then see crap made....GIVE ME MY DVD.
and any hidden out takes, missing scences, or cut out, hidden or unfinished story lines to think about.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206360
10/01/01 10:01 AM
10/01/01 10:01 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
thats what they always say when someone passes away out of respect...$$$ talks... some people think they can always do better...

I believe FFC is doing quite well in the $$$ department, and I don't think he'll ever think he can do better by continuing the saga in any way (ESPECIALLY after GF3). Outakes & missing scenes are one thing, people are always curious about that. But the story itself is over.
Apples

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206361
10/13/02 04:49 PM
10/13/02 04:49 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by t_soprano:
Michael would have greatly wanted to avenge the death of his daughter, Mary.
Does anyone else agree with me? [img] null [/img]
her assasin is shot rightaway by Vincent

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206362
10/15/02 11:09 PM
10/15/02 11:09 PM
Kentucky
Don Mikey Offline
Made Member
Don Mikey  Offline
Made Member
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
O come on!!You dont know what happenes in between there?Tessio never died and hes like 90 or older and he tries to kill Micheal,but Tessio instead kills Vincent and also kills Connie by sticking an orange down her troat,but Micheal coughs on Tessio and he dies because hes so old and fragile that he got a cold and died.
That would be cool...

I think that Vincent would make a terrible don and Michael (becoming his old self again) returns to America to take over his crime empire again since Vincent has squandered all the money on booze, gambling, and women. Michael becomes the most powerful criminal mastermind in the world (again) and does lots more evil stuff. Of course, he pays someone who looks a lot like him to stay in Sicily so no one suspects that he has really regained all his old power and the government never comes after him.

Everything goes well until 90 year-old Tessio shows up. It turns out that Tessio is in league with Hyman Roth who is still alive, technically. Actually, Hyman is now a head in a jar that communicates telepathically with Tessio. Hyman reveals that he was the one behind the death of Michael's daughter, and that he wants his brain transplanted into Michael so that he'll have a body again and achieve the ultimate victory.

Things are looking bad for Michael, until Don Vito reappears. He's discovered the secret to eternal life, EATING LOTS AND LOTS OF ORANGES!!! He had been living as an orange farmer in Florida for years. Together Vito and Michael kick Hyman and Tessio's old butts.

Now-Immortal Michael still secretly rules the world!!!

Honestly... that's what happened.

"Be discreet in all things, and so render it unnecessary to be mysterious about any." - Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206363
10/16/02 12:36 PM
10/16/02 12:36 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Mikey:
[QUOTE]

Honestly... that's what happened.
I know, but the members on this board just refused to accept the truth...

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206364
10/16/02 01:41 PM
10/16/02 01:41 PM
Saddle Brook, NJ
C
Courtamand Offline
Wiseguy
Courtamand  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Saddle Brook, NJ
I think that Kay and Anthony return to the United States never to see Michael again. Tom Hagen makes several trips over to Sicily to console Michael and eventually is killed by a relative of Frankie Five Angels when he refuses to devulge Michael's whereabouts. Michael sends for Sonny's wife to care for him after his sister Connie takes ill after being poisoned. Fredo's wife makes a trip to Sicily to ask for Fredo's part of the family empire and is surprisingly given one million dollars to live in comfort for the rest of her life. Connie's oldest son Victor joins the group in Sicily and becomes Michael's errand boy which infuriates Al Neri. Senator Geri, after completing a ten year jail term comes to see Michael and is given a large sum of money to start a new college in Nevada. Michael keels over and dies after he eats one of Al Neri's home made cannolis.

Courtamand
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206365
10/16/02 01:51 PM
10/16/02 01:51 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
hade to brake this for you, but Tom Hagen is already dead

also, which wife of Fredo do you mean? I suppose Deanna Dunn?

you're the first to mention Victor Rizzi as well, I'd agree with you on him.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206366
10/16/02 02:00 PM
10/16/02 02:00 PM
Kentucky
Don Mikey Offline
Made Member
Don Mikey  Offline
Made Member
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally posted by Courtamand:
Michael keels over and dies after he eats one of Al Neri's home made cannolis.
Those are the only thing that could possibly defeat the power of oranges.

Al Neri's cooking... Eww...

"Be discreet in all things, and so render it unnecessary to be mysterious about any." - Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206367
10/16/02 02:05 PM
10/16/02 02:05 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
I think Connie's more likely to give anyone a poisoned cannoli. even if she's sick.

the GF4-story ideas are getting crazier every day...

Don Mikey, where did you get all the reincarnation ideas from?

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206368
10/16/02 02:24 PM
10/16/02 02:24 PM
Kentucky
Don Mikey Offline
Made Member
Don Mikey  Offline
Made Member
Kentucky
quote:
Originally posted by Pherdy:
Don Mikey, where did you get all the reincarnation ideas from? Also, Part II is my favorite movie of all time and I would like to see Hyman and Michael as enemies again. Hyman was an "almost" worthy advesary. He made things interesting.

The idea for Don Vito living on an orange farm and discovering that they are the source of eternal life comes from the whole "orange thing" that's found throughout the movies and the fact that I was watching Part II on TV and there was a commercial for a tropical resort showing a lot of orange trees. Somehow, it led to the whole thing with Don Vito. He faked his own death so that he could seperate from the Mafia totally and move to his beloved orange farm. Or something like that... :p

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206369
10/17/02 07:25 AM
10/17/02 07:25 AM
Los Angeles, California
H
HollywoodMafia Offline
Associate
HollywoodMafia  Offline
H
Associate
Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally posted by t_soprano:
I think that the GF 4 movie should definetly be made. It should document the life of Michael between the shooting death of his daughter at the opera and the final scene of his death, falling off the chair, in Italy.

WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THAT TIME PERIOD??? Did he have anything to do, "behind the scenes", with the new Don...Vincent Corleone...surely, he must have, for Michael would have greatly wanted to avenge the death of his daughter, Mary.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206370
10/17/02 07:30 AM
10/17/02 07:30 AM
Los Angeles, California
H
HollywoodMafia Offline
Associate
HollywoodMafia  Offline
H
Associate
Los Angeles, California
Well, I have been rewatching all three films in a marathon of sorts--they are such art, such remarkable achievements...
In any case, I agree with others here--Michael is done, he died that nite on the steps--he didn't get the option of 'burning in hell' to save his daughter--the irony of his getting to die like his father is beautiful.
Additionally--I want GFIV to be all about Garcia. Since he did such an extraordinary job he deserves a story.
I hope they do it--It is a film legacy worthy of continuing.

[/QUOTE]

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206371
10/17/02 02:41 PM
10/17/02 02:41 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by HollywoodMafia:
the irony of his getting to [b]die like his father is beautiful.
[/b]
you mean like "alone, in the garden, in the sun" ?

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206372
10/17/02 03:18 PM
10/17/02 03:18 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
how bout this?

after the tragic death of his siter at his opera debut, Anthony refused to ever sing in thights again. his big cousin Vincent, the Don who's now a coke-addict after dealing it so much, wants Anthony to lead his new orange factory, which he wants to use to 'send messages' to his enemies (he sent one to John Gotti last summer).

Mario Tommassino sends the Sicilian oranges (do they exist?) to New York on a ship called Cinatit, where they are taken in by Ezequiel Roth. Fredo Dunn and Frank Fontane are in charge of the transport operations. Anthony is the lead member of the board.

He fucks up by sending the Corleone oranges to his mother Kay in New Hampshire, his aunt Connie, president Bush, all of his living cousins and to Al Neri, who is the only one to survive all of this, not even getting a scratch. Al Neri goes on to write an autobiography later to be filmed by M.Night Shyamalan: "Unbreakable"

Old Johnny Fontane is the star in the broadway musical "Cavalleria Rusticana 2002".

Michael starts an olive-oil business. For real, this time!

Vincent is mad at Anthony for killing all the Family members. He orders lil' Tony to eat some oranges himself, after which the singer asks to Neri "Al, can you get me off the hook?"

Al Neri agrees, and he and Anthony start a love affair. They flee back to Sicily on the shup Cinatit, which sailes into a big icerock just after Al "Unbreakable" Neri said: "I'm the Don of the world"

Anthony drownes, and leaves Al Neri a big diamond and a little note. Neri throws away the diamond (off course) and reads: "find Michael Jr"

Michael Jr, the illegal little brother of Anthony and Mary, is found by Neri. He is the only male heir to Michael Corleone left. His mother is Lucy Mancini, who was artifically impregnated with Michael's sperm by Dr. Jules Segal, who found out to be incompetent after a "night on the town" with Nino Valenti. Jules and Lucy raised Michael Junior. Dr.Segal also impregnated Theresa Hagen with Johnny Fontane's seemen, hence Frank Fontane.

Michael Junior is ready for revenge.

He takes out Don Vincent when riding on a donkey dressed as a cop. He kills of Andrew Hagen while in the Vatican and takes the pope with him. when looking for any left Cosa Nostra Don's, he runs into Osama Bin Laden dressed up as an American. He has him beheaded by the propellor of an airplane. Michael Juniors kills everyone he sees, only to be reunited in the end with... Mary Corleone (here comes the reincarnation!), who was been artificially kept alive by the modern top-of-the-bill Sicilian hospital. she was kept alive by some genuine Sicilian policemen in order to get some answers about her father's crime syndicat. when woke up, she was put into witness protection programm, where life was hard and she was forced to go into prostitution (she got a fair deal for being the granddaughter of some big shot pimp). she gave birth to two sons: little Sammy Jr and little Henry Jr, when finally meeting Michael Junior, who kills Michael Jackson too.

Al Neri comes back from Sicily to claim the position of the Corleone's last don, for which we also sold movierights. he hired BJ Harrison, the brilliant lawyer, as his consiglieri. BJ is known for several big cases; he sued (?spelling?) the Pacific Ocean for being too salty!

BJ finds out Michael's existence is illegal. also Mary's, for being declared dead once she cannot be alive now. BJ has them both imprisoned for 34 years.

Al Neri is now the Don, the capo de tuti capi. he renames the Corleone Family into the Neri-Family. he takes into his house some German/Irish orphins and makes himself their guardian.

Next movie: "The Guardian: part II"

whoaw this story got way longer than I intended. sorry to bother all of you with this, like Don Mikey said: no life...

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206373
10/17/02 04:12 PM
10/17/02 04:12 PM
Kentucky
Don Mikey Offline
Made Member
Don Mikey  Offline
Made Member
Kentucky
That was great! Honestly, I can't top that...

There is only one thing missing from all our Part IV ideas... the fact that someone must have put Apollonia's body back together and brought her back as a zombie.

Michael Jr.! Awesome stuff.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206374
10/17/02 04:28 PM
10/17/02 04:28 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
why as a Zombie?

why not make her the sex-toy of every f*cking single one of all of the other characters? I like her much better just being beautiful than dead (or a zombie)...

she was terrible in speaking English though

(by the way, did you get the Henry Jr and Sammy Jr part?)

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206375
10/17/02 04:43 PM
10/17/02 04:43 PM
Kentucky
Don Mikey Offline
Made Member
Don Mikey  Offline
Made Member
Kentucky
That would be better. Every other scene could be a different person in bed with Apollonia. :rolleyes:

The Henry and Sammy Jr. thing is good too.

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206376
10/18/02 06:10 AM
10/18/02 06:10 AM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Mikey:
That would be better. Every other scene could be a different person in bed with Apollonia. :rolleyes:

I always thought of The Godfather as a movie with countless genres..... this would add another one.

"Oh Sonny!"

Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206377
10/21/02 11:01 AM
10/21/02 11:01 AM
Nederland
Michael Corleone 14 Offline
Underboss
Michael Corleone 14  Offline
Underboss
Nederland
How abaut that Michael dies. There is a big funeral and his son is there to, than hes sees Vincent as the new Don and realises he is a bastard. He goes to another family and Vincent is being assasined an michael´s son is on the top. (don´t be mad if it´s a bad idea, I´m new here)

"I won't be a man like you." - Michael to Vito, orginal Part II ending
Re: Good Idea for GF 4 !! #206378
10/22/02 01:40 PM
10/22/02 01:40 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
How abaut that Michael dies. There is a big funeral and his son is there to, than hes sees Vincent as the new Don and realises he is a bastard. He goes to another family and Vincent is being assasined an michael´s son is on the top. (don´t be mad if it´s a bad idea, I´m new here)
no it's not a bad idea. when thinking of a 'serious' outline for a new Godfather sequel, I often thought about possibilities on having Anthony transform like his old man to a Don wanting to avenge the death of his sister (who's killer was already shot by Vincent, therefor not a real good choice). it would be a big surprise after his opera-show in GF3, yet not such a big surprise since his father did practically the same, and his grandfather became a killer by revenge as well. that's why in my GF4 setup I chose Anthony to be "out"...

but it's a nice idea, MC14, welcome by the way to the boards, to have him whack Vinnie...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull