GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, U talkin' da me ??), 558 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,535
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205434
03/08/06 05:13 AM
03/08/06 05:13 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline OP
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline OP
Underboss
Associated Press

TRENTON - Richard Kuklinski, a notorious Mafia hit man who claimed to have killed more than 100 people and was known as "The Iceman," died Sunday at St. Francis Hospital in Trenton, the state Department of Corrections announced yesterday.

Department spokeswoman Deirdre Fedkenheuer did not disclose the cause of death, but said it was not suspicious.

Kuklinski, 70, was serving life sentences at New Jersey State Prison for two murders.

He was the subject of several books and two cable-TV documentaries. Just five years ago, he confessed to two murders on HBO's The Iceman Confesses: Secrets of a Mafia Hit Man.

In one of those cases, the 1980 killing of New York City Police Detective Peter Calabro, Kuklinski implicated another well-known mob hit man, Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. Gravano was charged in 2003 with murdering Calabro in Saddle River after Kuklinski told authorities that he had shot the detective on Gravano's orders.

Kuklinski, who preferred to kill by using a cyanide solution administered from a nasal spray bottle, earned his nickname because he kept some victims' bodies in a North Bergen freezer.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205435
03/08/06 01:03 PM
03/08/06 01:03 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I watched an interview with him on A&E a couple weeks ago. Truly a sick man. When asked how he felt about murdering, he simply said "I don't."

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205436
03/08/06 01:10 PM
03/08/06 01:10 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yeah, I saw a DVD released of two interviews conducted with him, and in one he described how he once bought a crossbow, and then proceeded to kill a man with it, "just to see if it worked."

I also rememember a story he told where he killed a guy and hid his body in a big barrel of sorts, like an oil drum kind of, and put it next to a resturant. He said he checked back like a week later, and the barrel was missing, and he never heard anything about the body being discovered or anything.

It's interesting, in recent years, Kuklinski had taken to admitting to murders he didn't committ, and trying to implicate people he didn't like as being involved in these murders with him. He kind of just seemed to like the attention.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205437
03/08/06 01:16 PM
03/08/06 01:16 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Here's one example of his antics.

The Iceman Chews Himself Silly
A Gang Land Exclusive

Nineteen years ago, self-described Mafia hit man Richard (Iceman) Kuklinski complained bitterly about the way he was being treated by a swat team of cops and federal agents who arrested Kuklinski on murder charges that would put him behind bars for life.

“These guys watch too many movies,” the shackled Kuklinski bellowed to a TV news team that videotaped his remarks after a joint task force of investigators pulled him from his car and collared him a block from his Dumont, New Jersey home on Dec. 17, 1986.

Since then, Kuklinski is the one who has been watching too many gangster movies. That’s the only possible explanation for his actions during a secret jailhouse meeting he had the other day with two lawyers for Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano, whom the Iceman has accused of murdering of a corrupt cop.

Kuklinski, the focus of a 1992 book about his life, is the subject of a work in progress by Philip Carlo, an author who has written about serial killers. Kuklinski, who estimates he has killed “more than 100 people,” has starred in three HBO docudramas about his life. But sources say he bombed two weeks ago when he tried to play the role of a savvy wiseguy to the hilt at the Trenton State Prison, much like Jimmy Cagney might have 50 years ago.

At a March 22 session with the lawyers, The Iceman coolly wrote on a piece of paper that he was willing to throw the case for $200,000, according to sources familiar with his performance.

As the lawyers looked on in disbelief, Kuklinski dramatically tore the sheet of paper into little pieces, stuffed them in his mouth, swallowed them with a flourish in the best tradition of a street smart tough guy, and smiled like a contented Cheshire cat.

The only problem with the Iceman’s efforts to play a human waste paper shredder was that he left an impression of his scroll on the pad that he left behind.

As even a casual viewer of TV’s "CSI" shows is well aware, modern crime fighters will have little difficulty in recreating the words that Kuklinski used in his original note.

With current technology, it’s “quite simple” for authorities to determine the written message that Kuklinski displayed to Gravano’s lawyers, said Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a professor of Forensic Science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

“As long as you have the page beneath the one upon which the person wrote, there is standard equipment available that will enable investigators to enhance the indented writing,” said Kobilinsky.

The day after the Iceman’s faux pas, sources told Gang Land, Gravano’s lawyer, Anthony Ricco, notified Hackensack Superior Court Judge William Meehan of Kuklinski’s alleged extortion attempt and asked that the murder charges against his client be dismissed.

During a session that was apparently not transcribed, Meehan declined, but ordered assistant prosecutor Wayne Mello to investigate Ricco’s charges and report back at a status conference that was scheduled for May 3, according to sources familiar with the recent developments in the two-year-old murder case.

Ricco also contacted the FBI, which retrieved the telltale pad and has begun an investigation into the entire episode, sources said.

Gravano, based on allegations by Kuklinski that Sammy Bull hired him to whack NYPD Detective Peter Calabro (right) on March 14, 1980, was charged with the detective’s murder in February 2003 by Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli. The arrest, and subsequent indictment, took place two years after Kuklinski first asserted in an HBO special that he had shot Calabro to death 25 years ago.

To kill Calabro, Kuklinski said during the HBO special, he waited for hours for the cop to drive from Queens to Saddle River, NJ, and then hid poised behind a van that he double parked on the road. As Calabro slowed to drive around the van, The Iceman stepped out and killed him with a shotgun blast, Kuklinski said.

“I never knew the man, what he looked like or what his job was,” Kuklinski smiled. “I found out the next day he was a police officer,” he said.

FBI spokesman Jim Margolin, Judge Meehan and prosecutor Mello declined to comment. Ricco said he was “reluctant to go into detail” but confirmed that he and co-counsel Ed Wilford “did meet with Kuklinski. The subject matter of that meeting was reported to the appropriate authorities and is the subject of an investigation.”

I dream in widescreen.
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205438
03/09/06 03:02 PM
03/09/06 03:02 PM
Kansas City
irishmike Offline
Capo
irishmike  Offline
Capo
Kansas City
Welcome to Hell, Richie.

"....but your father never TRUSTED Hyman Roth."
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205439
03/09/06 03:44 PM
03/09/06 03:44 PM
Peter_Clemenza Offline
Underboss
Peter_Clemenza  Offline
Underboss
I don't like saying this, but I think the world is a better place without men like Richard Kuklinski.

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies #205440
03/09/06 04:01 PM
03/09/06 04:01 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
I don't like saying this, but I think the world is a better place without men like Richard Kuklinski.
You shouldn't be ashamed to say it. It's true. The world is truly a better place without brutal murderers like him.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: Don Andrew] #446303
10/26/07 07:07 AM
10/26/07 07:07 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

This guy was a nasty mother, you didn't feel anything for his victims..

Just finished his book...WOW..

Just imagine being fed to the rats..Shit thats scary..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: DE NIRO] #446323
10/26/07 08:51 AM
10/26/07 08:51 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I have his book but have'nt read it yet!
What i have seen of him?
Evil bastard!

Last edited by Yogi Barrabbas; 10/26/07 08:51 AM.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #446334
10/26/07 09:26 AM
10/26/07 09:26 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

The book took me like 2 days to read, i couldn't put it down,

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: DE NIRO] #446392
10/26/07 03:46 PM
10/26/07 03:46 PM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
The book was very good, in fact I liked the tale so much that if I establish myself in the film business. I would like to make a feature film and get those rights from the publisher.

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: Don Lights] #446406
10/26/07 05:29 PM
10/26/07 05:29 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

It would make hell of a film..

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: DE NIRO] #446652
10/28/07 06:37 PM
10/28/07 06:37 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
 Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
The book took me like 2 days to read, i couldn't put it down,

same here great book also id love to see it made into a movie who would you have play the part of Richard?

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: chopper] #446724
10/29/07 05:36 AM
10/29/07 05:36 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Hmmmm,

I havn't a clue who would play the part..need someone who would convince the audience and play the part over 30-40 years.. maybe an unknown..How about you..

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: DE NIRO] #446742
10/29/07 10:16 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Nah im to good looking ;\)

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: DE NIRO] #446743
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Nah im to good looking ;\)

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: chopper] #446746
10/29/07 10:18 AM
10/29/07 10:18 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Nice one

I was asking for your choice for an actor.. ;\)

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: DE NIRO] #446747
10/29/07 10:19 AM
10/29/07 10:19 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
oh

hard one definetly,ill have to have a think

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: chopper] #446799
10/29/07 12:28 PM
10/29/07 12:28 PM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
I have no idea who to cast for the main role, although I think constantly of how i would want to make the film. An unknown actor would be ideal, I guess. although I definietly think John Goodman might be a possible candidate, as I think he can be that nice charming side of Richard, and then quickly change into that abusive ice cold killer. See Barton Fink by the Coen brothers if your thinking wow this guy is wrong.

Re: "Iceman" Kuklinski, Infamous Mob Hitman, dies [Re: Don Lights] #450341
11/14/07 10:05 AM
11/14/07 10:05 AM
B
Blackwidow9011 Offline
Associate
Blackwidow9011  Offline
B
Associate
Hey Guys, I might be out of line for saying this, but, I really felt sorry for Richard, if all was true. However, if you watched his interviews from A&E, then read Phil Carlo's book, you might wonder. After the interviews, Richard received a lot of positive mail from tons of people/women, all over; so, the interview with the psychiatrist makes me wonder: The psychiatrist asked him if he killed more than 100, 200- Richard put his hand over his face and looked down, saying, "yeah, yep, I've killed over 200 people". As much as I like Richard, reading this forum, especially after mistamista Tom Hagen's outlook on the matter. I know that he did some gruesome things, however, if the book is accurate, I might be sensitive enough and think about why, try to understand why. Sorry guys, it is just my opinion. What I am trying to say is that he probably got caught up in the attention, felt relaxed, which he never really had positive attention in the first 25 years of his life. And, if the guy was still alive, I believe I would have made some attempt to write to him. He was "created". I really, strongly, believe that.

Last edited by Blackwidow9011; 11/14/07 10:13 AM. Reason: quotations and unfinished reasons

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull