GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 70 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,136
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,785
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Capo di capos #204902
01/07/06 08:57 AM
01/07/06 08:57 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline OP
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline OP
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Bernardo Provenzano

A while back ago, I met this delivery Pizza guy who also owns an Italian delivery Restaurant right here in Bangkok. So one day I just decided to order pizza, and called Luiggi I have already bought Pizza from his restaurant before, but never got to talk to him because previously someone else would deliver the pizza. Trust me, the stuff is really good, which that’s why I always bought from him. So one day he delivered the pizza himself and, as he was giving me the Oreganos in a little transparent bag, he said joking around: 'This is not weed my friend… it’s just oregano ok?..', then I didn't know what to say for a minute so I just smiled and replied saying, 'oh .. dont worry about it.. I do enjoy it sometimes too...' then soon he told me that he doesn’t mind it at all so I just invited him to come in for a talk. Very soon after a lil chat, he takes out a pack of Marlboro reds, and as he opens it, I can see quite a few joints inside. They were small ones mixed with some Tobacco, I smoked one as well after he offered me because I didn’t want to refuse it. Please don't think that Luiggi is just another stoner, He actually is quite smart and a great person. He has worked at several Hotels in Phuket, a beach island on the South of Thailand, used to work at a Chemical factory in Dubai for about 10 years, speaks fluently Arab, Spanish, English, and Italian. But now owner of this restaurant, thou I’m not quite sure if he has other businesses. So as we were having some great conversations and he was pretty open-minded to anything, I asked him about the Italian Mafia. The first thing that came to my mind was the Sicilian Mafia. I asked him what he thinks about it, if he ever met a Mafioso in Italy and all that curious stuff. I can not remember every thing that he told me, but he really spoke spoke and spoke. He said that he did have some friends back in Italy that were on the mafia and he kept telling me how much the Mafiosos actually go for money, they wake up thinking another way to make money, all the expensive labeled clothes and Brioni suits they wear, driving around on Maseratis. I remember that he said there are basically 4 positions on the mafia; with the boss being first, family members next, associates, then the one that haven’t earned the honor yet. And each has its specific name, which was kind of interesting. It was something in Italian and I haven’t seen or read it around here the Forums or on the Internet. If someone knows them, it would be great to know. Luiggi is about on his 50’s, a business-man and well-dressed. BTW I don’t really mind age at all because it’s great to Socialize with some people coz they can be interesting. Luiggi said so many things about Mafia, I wish I could’ve recorded it. lol At the end, the pizza he brought me got cold because he stayed for about 3 hours chatting with me. I just re-heated it on the micro and ate it happily. The highlight was when he talked to me about Bernardo Provenzano, a gangster that hasn’t been seen in public since the summer of 1963. He did mention Toto Riina and other Sicilian mobsters I didn’t know, but he highlighted Bernardo Provenzano. Do you think they will ever get him? Is Bernardo Provenzano on the top post in the Sicilian Mafia? Does someone have some deep info about him? Has anybody met someone who had a close friend on the Mafia? Did you have the freedom to ask him questions about it? Because I think I did, Luiggi is mi amigo italiano.

Thanks for reading

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Capo di capos #204903
01/07/06 03:37 PM
01/07/06 03:37 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I can't answer any of your questions, VTG, as I know basically nothing about the Sicilian Mafia, but I enjoyed your story.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Capo di capos #204904
02/01/06 06:35 AM
02/01/06 06:35 AM
Malmoe, Scania / Perugia, Ital...
Don Larzono Offline
Made Member
Don Larzono  Offline
Made Member
Malmoe, Scania / Perugia, Ital...
Yes, Bernardo Provenzano is at the top post of the Mafia, and has been ever since Totò Riina got arrested in 93.

Here is some info on Provenzano in english: Provenzano

I recently broke up with my girlfriend, who is Sicilian, after a 7-month long relationship, and I have alot of Sicilian friends. None of them has any ties to the mafia (that I know of) but my girlfriend had alot of knowledge about the mafia-history around her city, and in Sicily as a whole. I guess I was free to ask her anything, I just wasn't interested.

Pro Scania et Libertum
Re: Capo di capos #204905
02/01/06 08:24 AM
02/01/06 08:24 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
Bernardo Provenzano

1)Do you think they will ever get him? 2)Is Bernardo Provenzano on the top post in the Sicilian Mafia? 3)Does someone have some deep info about him? 4)Has anybody met someone who had a close friend on the Mafia? 5)Did you have the freedom to ask him questions about it?
Thanks for reading

1) No they will not get him. I think this man will die (if he already isn't!) because of age.

2) Probably not. Imagine he's a hiding man of 73 years old. There will be enough younger people to take over that spot of Capo di tutti Capi. Can't give you names, but that's what I think.

3) Nobody has deep info about him. Or you should get in contact with high officials of police.

4)Nope, unfortunately not.

5)---

Re: Capo di capos #204906
02/01/06 01:19 PM
02/01/06 01:19 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Very interesting story, Vito. I think that, if you could have one baht for every ExPat Italian who claimed he had ties to the Mafia, you'd be rich overnight.
BTW: you should re-heat pizza in a regular oven. Microwave makes the crust soft and soggy.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Capo di capos #204907
02/05/06 06:15 AM
02/05/06 06:15 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline OP
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline OP
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Very interesting story, Vito. I think that, if you could have one baht for every ExPat Italian who claimed he had ties to the Mafia, you'd be rich overnight.
BTW: you should re-heat pizza in a regular oven. Microwave makes the crust soft and soggy.
Actually, I'd rather reheat it on a wooden fire oven. But unfortunately don't have one at home here.

And about ExPats here, there are the good and the bad ones. But I heard there are some Russian, German, Dutch and a few Italians mobsters around hiding if im not wrong. On the island of Koh Samui and Pattaya especially.

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Capo di capos #204908
02/18/06 07:53 PM
02/18/06 07:53 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Dominic Corleone  Offline
Button
Corleone, Sicily

All right, you are what you are. It’s your nature. You stay close to me. You don’t do anything. You keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open. And you do what I tell you. Understand?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull