GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 64 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,751
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Genovese Boss and Associates Plead Guilty #203906
10/19/05 10:44 AM
10/19/05 10:44 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Reputed elderly mobsters admit racketeering
BY ANTHONY M. DESTEFANO

October 19, 2005

None of the four men who trooped before Brooklyn federal Judge Sandra Townes Tuesday were younger than the age of 70 or had gone beyond the 10th grade in high school.

Most are plagued with typical health problems of aging men, such as prostate and heart conditions.
But together they represented what the government charged were key members and leaders of the old guard of the Genovese crime family.

Tuesday all four, including reputed Genovese acting boss Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo, pleaded guilty to federal racketeering charges involving extortion conspiracy or other charges.

In a deal worked out with federal prosecutors in Brooklyn, Cirillo, 76, Lawrence "Little Larry" Dentico, 82, Anthony "Tico" Antico, 70, and John "Johnny Sausage" Barbato, 71, entered guilty pleas that disposed of a case pending since the spring.

As a result, the most prison time any of the men face is 51 months, in the case of Dentico, a reputed crime family captain.

Townes set March 13 for sentencing. Cirillo faces a possible 4-year sentence while Antico and Barbato, identified as Genovese members, face a little more than two years.

Investigators charged that Dentico and Cirillo were part of a committee that ran the Genovese family since the 1997 imprisonment of family boss Vincent "The Chin" Gigante.

"These convictions have effectively dismantled the present leadership of the Genovese family," said Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Roslynn Mauskopf in a statement.

While prosecutors portrayed the men as being major mobsters, in court they appeared subdued and resigned to their fate. Dentico, a short, stooped man, could barely be heard as he pleaded guilty to one charge of racketeering. But he said he wasn't admitting he was a member of any mob organization.

Cirillo had faced a rough time in jail since he had dental problems that caused him to have a diet restricted to soft foods such as oatmeal. Defense attorney Lawrence Stern said Cirillo has had some dental work done but said it wasn't the kind of care his client wanted.

After entering their guilty pleas, the men were brought back into holding cells by federal marshals. Dentico blew kisses to a woman friend seated in the courtroom.

"I just think that his age should be taken into consideration," said Angela Minichino of Queens about Dentico's sentencing next year.

-New York Newsday

------------------------------------------------------------

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Genovese Boss and Associates Plead Guilty #203907
10/19/05 03:31 PM
10/19/05 03:31 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
Thats a pretty good deal, 2-4 years for racketeering, whereas some guys have gotten life+ for pleading innocent. We'll see how many of these guys live to finish their sentences.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Genovese Boss and Associates Plead Guilty #203908
11/12/05 01:51 PM
11/12/05 01:51 PM
Belgium
Willy Offline
Button
Willy  Offline
Button
Belgium
They are all in bad shape these old timers, especialy Cirillo. But every mobster that is over 55 years old seems to major health problems when he is indicted.

Like Fransesco Polizzi, a DeCavalcante-capo who died in 2001. That was six and a half years after he got a pass on his 22 years sentence. Normaly he still had 11 years to go. So he only served half of his sentence because doctors and the judge said he had only 6 months to live, at max.

So I suppose they think Cirillo won't outlive his sentenced but these old guys seem to be quite good actors and survivors.

"Honest people have no ethics"- Sam DeCavalcante
Re: Genovese Boss and Associates Plead Guilty #203909
12/03/05 02:39 PM
12/03/05 02:39 PM
Norway
DonAlberto Offline
Wiseguy
DonAlberto  Offline
Wiseguy
Norway
well i would guess they're bad health is because they've lived the good life, eating steaks, greasy pasta, cheeses all kind a italian food, i love italian food, dont get me wrong, but its not the most healthy food. they also live with a pretty decent stress factor in they're life :p so i can understand that they have health problems later in life. many of them drink to much alcohol too, some of them do drugs too, all contributing factors to mess up they're health later on in life.

Two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead.. Old Sicilian saying.
Re: Genovese Boss and Associates Plead Guilty #203910
12/03/05 03:34 PM
12/03/05 03:34 PM
Belgium
Willy Offline
Button
Willy  Offline
Button
Belgium
Quote:
Originally posted by DonAlberto:
well i would guess they're bad health is because they've lived the good life, eating steaks, greasy pasta, cheeses all kind a italian food, i love italian food, dont get me wrong, but its not the most healthy food. they also live with a pretty decent stress factor in they're life :p so i can understand that they have health problems later in life. many of them drink to much alcohol too, some of them do drugs too, all contributing factors to mess up they're health later on in life.
And still it seems a lot of these oldtimers keep their position inside the family. If you look at the Genoveses with the brothers Gigante, Matty the horse Anniello, Cirillo or Dentico; all these guys had or still have important roles in the family.
So they may be in bad health but they dontseem to retire early.

"Honest people have no ethics"- Sam DeCavalcante
Re: Genovese Boss and Associates Plead Guilty #203911
12/03/05 05:38 PM
12/03/05 05:38 PM
Norway
DonAlberto Offline
Wiseguy
DonAlberto  Offline
Wiseguy
Norway
yeah, i know.. they live longer then most old guys, if they dont get shoot that is :p but they eat very fat food and live with constant stress for like 50 years :p

Two men can keep a secret if one of them is dead.. Old Sicilian saying.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull