GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
No drug dealing? #203755
10/06/05 11:21 AM
10/06/05 11:21 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline OP
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
reading Gotti: Rise and Fall I read Bonnano Family was kicked off from the Comission for drug dealing, except for Carlo Gambino who was the one who was against drugs, what about Vito Genovese and Vincent Gigante who had dealt with
heroine?
What about Tony Corallo from the Lucchese family?
What about Colombo Family?

was it some kind of hypocrasy?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: No drug dealing? #203756
10/06/05 11:53 AM
10/06/05 11:53 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
I think its more like not to get caught dealing in drugs kind of thing. Also it is known that made members aren't allowed to get involved on the narcotics business.

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: No drug dealing? #203757
10/06/05 11:57 AM
10/06/05 11:57 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
I think its more like not to get caught dealing in drugs kind of thing. Also it is known that made members aren't allowed to get involved on the narcotics business.
Made members and their underlings are not allowed to "GET CAUGHT" dealing in narcotics. But when they send tribute in the form of cash up the chain of command, do you really think that any of the bosses question how the money was made? Send me my share and I'll turn my head. Greed, not morals, are what these people are made of.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: No drug dealing? #203758
10/06/05 12:32 PM
10/06/05 12:32 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] I think its more like not to get caught dealing in drugs kind of thing. Also it is known that made members aren't allowed to get involved on the narcotics business.
Made members and their underlings are not allowed to "GET CAUGHT" dealing in narcotics. But when they send tribute in the form of cash up the chain of command, do you really think that any of the bosses question how the money was made? Send me my share and I'll turn my head. Greed, not morals, are what these people are made of.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Exactly! One of the durable myths of the Mob is that they "don't deal drugs." BS!!! They've been dealing drugs since Day One. And as DC said, the Don may "decree" a ban on drugs, but he never asks too many questions about where the money comes from that was kicked upstairs to him.
As for the Bonannos: Politics, not drugs, was the reason they were ousted from the Commission. As you probably know, Joe Bonanno conspired with his ally, Joe Magliocco, to whack Tommy Lucchese and Carlo Gambino. The plot was revealed by Joe Columbo, a Magliocco capo. Magliocco was called in front of the Commission, fined and replaced as Don by Columbo. The Commission then summoned Bonanno, who refused. The Commission decreed that his second-in-command, Gaspar DiGregorio, would be the new Don. Joe then disappeared and a war started that never reached a satisfactory conclusion. With no real leader, the family fell into disarray.
Carmine Galante, serving a long prison sentence, decreed himself the Don, imported "zips" from Sicily and set up the "Pizza Connection" heroin pipeline. But disapproval of heroin wasn't the real reason the Commission approved a hit on him. Galante bragged that when he got out of prison, "I'll make Gambino s**t in the street." Goodbye, Lilo!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: No drug dealing? #203759
10/06/05 03:38 PM
10/06/05 03:38 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] I think its more like not to get caught dealing in drugs kind of thing. Also it is known that made members aren't allowed to get involved on the narcotics business.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Just to add to what DC has said, the reason the mafia was "Against drugs" was because it was a federal offense (I believe) and along with that came lenghty prison sentences. It would be a lot easier to get one of your men out of a county jail for battery then it would be to get them out of a federal charge for Narcotics. So with that being said, say they get a 15 year sentence for selling drugs. Does the Don care about the person? NO. his family? NO. the people the guy sold drugs to? HELL NO!

All he cared about was that for 15 years he was short one person who would be giving him money. It had nothing to do with honor, or caring about families they might destroy. It revolved around heavy prison sentences which leads to one of two ends 1) a long time without money being given to the leader 2) the person with a long sentence decides to start talking to get it reduced.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: No drug dealing? #203760
10/08/05 05:17 PM
10/08/05 05:17 PM
julioclaudio Offline
Button
julioclaudio  Offline
Button
Luciano was working in narcotics business, importing the raw material (the opium) to transform it clandestiny into heroine and to commercialize it, from Europe to America. Probability and according to the initial project, the "capital" of the narcotics traffic was going to be La Habana, with a dominant role of the American mafia in the organization and in the direction. Nevertheless, in Cuba the revolution headed by Fidel Castro destroyed the corrupt regime of Batista and in 1959 it would liquidate radically a long historical period during which the island had been the Caribbean paradise of the mafia. But, Cosa Nostra had a another "paradise" in Europe, Sicily. Then the story continues with the meeting in Palermo (hotel delle Palme).

Le haré una oferta que no podrá rechazar.
Re: No drug dealing? #203761
10/09/05 08:03 PM
10/09/05 08:03 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Before 1906, most of what we think of today as "controlled substances" weren't illegal in the US because the government didn't have the means to identify and regulate ("control") them. You could buy heroin, cocaine, etc., in over-the-counter "patent" medicines. The Pure Food and Drug Act, passed in 1906 (after publication of Upton Sinclair's novel, "The Jungle") created a framework for testing, identifying and regulating narcotics.

In the first decade of the 20th Century, Don Vito Cascio Ferro emigrated to America and set up the basis of today's Five Families. He also established a drugs pipeline from Europe to America that all families participated in. Charlie Luciano was arrested in 1923 for dealing drugs, and got off because he ratted out his partner. In 1957, Joe Bonanno and his cousin, Stefano Magaddino (Don of Buffalo, NY), met with Luciano in Sicily, and established a framework in which Sicilian dealers would import and help distribute heroin and other drugs on a large scale in the US. The famously aborted Apalachin meeting of 1957 was called by Vito Genovese, in part to bless the trafficking in drugs and also so he could get a piece of the action that Bonanno and Magaddino had put in motion earlier that year. In the Seventies, Carmine Galante, Bonanno's former consigliere, established the "Pizza Connection" in which Sicilians ("zips") flooded the US with cheap drugs.

Re: No drug dealing? #203762
10/10/05 03:04 PM
10/10/05 03:04 PM
juventus Offline
Underboss
juventus  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Before 1906, most of what we think of today as "controlled substances" weren't illegal in the US because the government didn't have the means to identify and regulate ("control") them. You could buy heroin, cocaine, etc., in over-the-counter "patent" medicines. The Pure Food and Drug Act, passed in 1906 (after publication of Upton Sinclair's novel, "The Jungle") created a framework for testing, identifying and regulating narcotics.
There was a litle bit Cocain in Coca Cola. Am I right?

'This was just another Bronx tale.'
Re: No drug dealing? #203763
10/10/05 04:00 PM
10/10/05 04:00 PM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Coke in Coke?

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: No drug dealing? #203764
10/10/05 06:41 PM
10/10/05 06:41 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

Re: No drug dealing? #203765
10/13/05 06:40 PM
10/13/05 06:40 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline OP
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
[/qb][/QUOTE]
Carmine Galante, serving a long prison sentence, decreed himself the Don, imported "zips" from Sicily and set up the "Pizza Connection" heroin pipeline. But disapproval of heroin wasn't the real reason the Commission approved a hit on him. Galante bragged that when he got out of prison, "I'll make Gambino s**t in the street." Goodbye, Lilo! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Turnbull I love how it sounds
Goodbye, Lilo!

I will use it for any expression, like pay or goodbye Lilo!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull