GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, joepuzzles234), 353 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,371
Posts1,059,524
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What did Kay say #21996
02/25/05 10:07 AM
02/25/05 10:07 AM
Ct
Kasper Offline OP
Associate
Kasper  Offline OP
Associate
Ct
When Kay tells Michael about the abortion she says something about Anthony and Michael gets very upset. What did she say?

Re: What did Kay say #21997
02/25/05 10:52 AM
02/25/05 10:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Kasper:
When Kay tells Michael about the abortion she says something about Anthony and Michael gets very upset. What did she say?
KAY
You've become blind, MICHAEL.

MICHAEL
Blind to what?

KAY
Look -- look what's happened to us, Mike -- my God, look what's happened to our son, MICHAEL.

MICHAEL
Nothing's happened to him.

KAY
Don't tell me nothing's --

MICHAEL
ANTHONY's fine

KAY
ANTHONY's not fine!

MICHAEL
I don't wanna hear about it.

KAY
You will hear about it!

MICHAEL
I don't wanna hear about it!

KAY
ANTHONY's friends --

MICHAEL
I don't wanna hear about it!

KAY
-- are your buttonmen!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What did Kay say #21998
02/25/05 11:04 AM
02/25/05 11:04 AM
SanAlfo Offline
Button
SanAlfo  Offline
Button
while i would have said, " b1tch, shut your mouth!"

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

"When they come, they'll come at what you love"

Someday soon, you're gonna have families of your own. And if you're lucky, you'll remember the little moments. Like this."-
Tony Soprano's toast during the candlelit dinner at Artie Bucco's resturant with his family during a power downing storm
Re: What did Kay say #21999
02/25/05 11:26 AM
02/25/05 11:26 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by SanAlfo:
while i would have said, " b1tch, shut your mouth!"
Have you seen the movie? confused He goes a step further than you and he slaps her!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What did Kay say #22000
02/25/05 01:27 PM
02/25/05 01:27 PM
Ct
Kasper Offline OP
Associate
Kasper  Offline OP
Associate
Ct
Thanks Don C. I always thought she said he was gay.

Re: What did Kay say #22001
02/25/05 01:29 PM
02/25/05 01:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
confused C'mon now! Where in the world did you get that idea from? confused

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: What did Kay say #22002
02/25/05 08:01 PM
02/25/05 08:01 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline
Made Member
Lollie  Offline
Made Member
Michigan
Although I only saw Godfather III one time, isn't it true that the question of Anthony's stability come into play almost right from the beginning between Kay and Michael? Wasn't one of them (I think it was Michael, but I'm not sure) unhappy about his choice of careers? And didn't he (Michael) at first refuse to go see Anthony's first major solo opera role? (He changed his mind later, obviously, and seemed happily surprised that his son truly had this wonderful gift of operatic song.)

I thought I remember Kay saying something again to Michael about Anthony not being a real man as Michael and the other uncles were. Wasn't it Gary Sinese (a native Chicagoan!!!! YEAH!!) who played Anthony in GFIII? And, wasn't Mary a little warped, (the character of Mary, not Sophia) too? She seemed to have Michael's ambition (especially toward Anthony) and sort of knew how and what buttons to push on Michael?

I don't know why there are so many people who criticize Sophia Coppolla's acting in GFIII. Let's face it, there wasn't much to work with in that dreary and implausible story line she had to work with! As bad as everyone (or at least most of us) agree that GFIII was disconnected and detractible it was to GFI and II, how can anyone criticize the acting in GFIII? Even George Hamilton had to be given at least some leverage of rope with which to hang himself, no?? BTW, who made the decisions about whom to hire fof the various parts in GFIII? My sense is that there were those "powers that be" pressuring Coppola and Puzo to continue the Godfather saga due to greed. Of course we know that both GFI and GFII films did exceptionally well EVENTUALLY. Perhaps the greedy ones figured the same would happen to a further sequel. If it was either Coppolla or Puzo alone, or just the two of them making the decision to make another sequel, then I really am surprised at both of them. I have a feeling, however, that they were both under such pressure to continue the saga with the hopes that a GFIII would have the same financial success or better. NOT! The very choice of actors was proof of the fact that any GFIII sequel was already on its way to mediocrity! Eli Wallach as a Don??? He's a great actor, but no way can he nor did he pull it off as an Italian let alone as an Italian Don! And to bring Talia Shire back as a sort of femi-psuedo-Donnette was almost laughable....no, I take that back, it WAS LAUGHABLE!!! Certainly she should be brought back, but does anyone really believe her character went through such DRASTIC and sweeping changes during her later years? And secondly, even if she did make those huge changes, does anyone here really believe that Michael would have allowed her the leverage she seemed to have in the movie? NO way! Even now in our "liberated" day and age, Italian men still see their wives, daughters, sisters, mothers, etc., as their responsibility to take care of and protect. It's a real greaseball, macho thing in most Italian families, mafioso or not. In the movie "Goodfellas", which took place in the 70's and 80's (and even in the early 90's), we didn't see any of the women plotting the poisoning or demise of their husband's or brother's enemies!! So, my point is that the actresses in GFIII were given a most difficult task in trying to portray authentically and truthfully their characters.

~~ Lollie rolleyes

"Sono una roccia; Sono un'isola...una roccia non ritiene dolore; un'isola non grida mai."
Re: What did Kay say #22003
02/25/05 09:43 PM
02/25/05 09:43 PM
home of the wildcats, kentucky
belle Offline
Wiseguy
belle  Offline
Wiseguy
home of the wildcats, kentucky
I so glad the I am not alone in misunderstanding the dialogue in this scene. The first time I watched this movie I was in middle school, when Kay actually says " are your buttonmen" I thought she had said "up your butt". blush Not until the DVD came along with subtitles was this misunderstanding cleared up.

Winegardner sleeps with the fishes.
Re: What did Kay say #22004
02/26/05 05:50 AM
02/26/05 05:50 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally posted by Lollie:
And to bring Talia Shire back as a sort of femi-psuedo-Donnette was almost laughable....no, I take that back, it WAS LAUGHABLE!!! Certainly she should be brought back, but does anyone really believe her character went through such DRASTIC and sweeping changes during her later years? And secondly, even if she did make those huge changes, does anyone here really believe that Michael would have allowed her the leverage she seemed to have in the movie? NO way! Even now in our "liberated" day and age, Italian men still see their wives, daughters, sisters, mothers, etc., as their responsibility to take care of and protect.
I believe that it was one of the best aspects of GF3. There was an alternate GF2 script, where Connie was supposed to take on the role of a surrogate "mother+wife" role in the older years of michael. I think they introduced the same idea in GF3. Also Talia Shire herself explains her new role in GF3, that eventhough michael wanted to become legitimate, Connie had tasted power and did not want to let it go. One reason why I believe a woman could have risen to such a position is that there were no family members(his children were not with him) of Michael alive other than Connie during the the timeline of GF3. I cannot say that it is totally authentic, but it is believable for me. You are Italian, so you must be right about your observation.
Also see the tragedy in the scene where michael collapses in the kitchen and the only people around him were AlNeri and Connie, very drastically different from the situation Vito was in when he returned from hospital. That was Copolla's genius and one of the few merits of GF3.

Re: What did Kay say #22005
02/26/05 05:52 AM
02/26/05 05:52 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally posted by belle:
I so glad the I am not alone in misunderstanding the dialogue in this scene. The first time I watched this movie I was in middle school, when Kay actually says " are your buttonmen" I thought she had said "up your butt". blush Not until the DVD came along with subtitles was this misunderstanding cleared up.
It would have been shocking to hear Kay say that, but I think that was exactly what was in her mind at that time
wink smile

Re: What did Kay say #22006
02/26/05 09:58 AM
02/26/05 09:58 AM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
And didn't he (Michael) at first refuse to go see Anthony's first major solo opera role? (He changed his mind later, obviously, and seemed happily surprised that his son truly had this wonderful gift of operatic song.)
No, I think he consented at once. I don't remember such a thing. And do you really think what was there "wonderful gift"? wink

I thought I remember Kay saying something again to Michael about Anthony not being a real man as Michael and the other uncles were.
I don't remember such thing. If you have questions, go to J.Geoff's site(The link is on every page here) he has transcripts of all movies.
Wasn't it Gary Sinese (a native Chicagoan!!!! YEAH!!) who played Anthony in GFIII?
No, it was Frank d'Ambrosio. If something was of worse taste than his singing, it was his acting. mad

I don't know why there are so many people who criticize Sophia Coppolla's acting in GFIII. Let's face it, there wasn't much to work with in that dreary and implausible story line she had to work with!
We often see good actors playing stupid parts. They don't look so helpless. Good actor doesn't need any excuses.
My sense is that there were those "powers that be" pressuring Coppola and Puzo to continue the Godfather saga due to greed. Of course we know that both GFI and GFII films did exceptionally well EVENTUALLY. ... I have a feeling, however, that they were both under such pressure to continue the saga with the hopes that a GFIII would have the same financial success or better.
It's true. They were both against it. Neither Puso nor FFC ever wished to continue GF, they felt very well that it was not necessary. They hated the very thought about it. But the studio made FFC an offer he couldn’t refuse, because his Zoetrope was close to bancruptcy. So he and MP began to squeeze something out of themselves, and I believe that they didn’t know what they want, and didn’t care much for the result. If they thought a little more about the things they write, they might correct the most obvious faults at least. I heard or read somewhere that there were many versions, and one of the main ones was to this effect: Anthony, who is recruited by FBI, takes over the Corleone empire and throws its forces to fight some Latino-American dictator. rolleyes

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: What did Kay say #22007
02/26/05 01:00 PM
02/26/05 01:00 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline
Made Member
Lollie  Offline
Made Member
Michigan
JM: See! I told you the truth when I said I only saw GFIII one time and I don't remember much of it! Thanks for letting me know about the scripts for both GFI and GFII (and GFIII?). You are right when you said that no good actor or actress needs an excuse, but I guess that was my point. Or was it? I don't know! I'm getting myself confused here! I suppose what I meant was that any actor/actress, even an actress who had training and God-given talents can't make Beef Wellington out of horse manure! But, I do understand what you are saying. I thought the movie "Rosemary's Baby" was pretty lame (as were most of the actors) but I also thought Mia Farrow's caricature of Rosemary was EXCELLENT and that is why I will watch it any time it is on TV. But, I don't think Sophia C. had acted in anything else before, did she? Anyway, it was just my way of trying to give the poor girl some credit where credit was due.

By the way, what is FFC's Zoetrope? I never heard of this word before. I have a dictionary, but I did not find it in the dictionary.

Again, thanks so much for your wealth of informarion and patience with me! tongue

~~ Lollie

"Sono una roccia; Sono un'isola...una roccia non ritiene dolore; un'isola non grida mai."
Re: What did Kay say #22008
02/26/05 01:33 PM
02/26/05 01:33 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline
Made Member
Lollie  Offline
Made Member
Michigan
I don't remember such thing. If you have questions, go to J.Geoff's site(The link is on every page here) he has transcripts of all movies.

JM: I don't know if I'm blind or just plain stupid, but I can't find this link ANYWHERE. I've even gone to his site and there doesn't seem to be anything on them that has a copy of the transcripts--at least not what I've seen, but like I said, I could be "jegatte" (don't know about the spelling, but it was how my grandmother pronounced the word in her regional Italian for "blind". It was pronounced like: "gee-god" or "gee-gott". cool )

Please advise....

~~ Lollie

Re: What did Kay say #22009
02/26/05 01:52 PM
02/26/05 01:52 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Anyway, it was just my way of trying to give the poor girl some credit where credit was due.
She is not that poor, honestly. Nobody would ever notice her or give her any opportunities if not FFC. And when you think how many really poor but truly talented girls had to be refused for her sake...
By the way, what is FFC's Zoetrope? I never heard of this word before. I have a dictionary, but I did not find it in the dictionary.
"American Zoetrope" is FFC's studio. He founded and headed it, as far as I know.

Re: What did Kay say #22010
02/26/05 02:38 PM
02/26/05 02:38 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
Next time please post "SPOILER" because you just revealed the plot of "The Godfather Returns-Part II"

grin grin grin

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: What did Kay say #22011
02/26/05 03:04 PM
02/26/05 03:04 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
JM: I don't know if I'm blind or just plain stupid, but I can't find this link ANYWHERE. I've even gone to his site and there doesn't seem to be anything on them that has a copy of the transcripts--at least not what I've seen, but like I said, I could be "jegatte" (
Please advise....

You go to his site, then the film, quotes, and at the bottom of quotes page is the link to transcript, as far as I remember.
Fame - lol wink

Re: What did Kay say #22012
03/02/05 04:03 PM
03/02/05 04:03 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
The other posts in here explain the dialogue between Mike and Kay over Anthony's emotional state while he was a child.

Leter, we see him torn when Kay secretly is visiting the children when Mike walks in. Kay is begging Anthony to give her a kiss, and as he starts to Michael walks in.

Going from there, remember in GFII Anthony was supposed to go fishing with Fredo on the day Fredo "drowned," but at the last minute Connie called him and told him his father wanted to take him somewhere...to Reno I think.

IN GFIII Anthony is in his last year of law school, but decides to pursue a career in music. Kay comes to the party in New York to make a deal with Michael which essentially puts her back into his life, somewhat, in exchange for allowing Anthony to pursue a musical career. During this dialogue she reminds Michael that Anthony knows he killed Fredo. Michael never says he will refuse to see him perform, instead he urges Anthony to finish the law degree and then try music if he really wants to. Anthony says "No."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull