GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 304 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,979
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sammy Gravano kills... #199861
02/03/04 05:20 PM
02/03/04 05:20 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline OP
Don Vercetti  Offline OP

Some anonymous motel room.
In the movie, Gotti, one true event is shown where Gotti's kid son is killed by a moving car and when Sammy asks Gotti to kill him, Gotti says "No, it was an accident" and disregardly, he goes ahead and kills the man even with Gotti's disapproval. My question is, did John Gotti in real life order his death or did Gravano do it on his own will? Many movies stretch true events.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Sammy Gravano kills... #199862
02/03/04 05:28 PM
02/03/04 05:28 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
The guy who accidently killed Gotti's son was a neighbor, I think, and he "mysteriously" disappeared shortly afterwards.

I don't believe his body was ever found (assuming he was killed).

I'm not sure what, if anything, Gravano said about the incident when he made his deal with the government.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Sammy Gravano kills... #199863
02/03/04 10:37 PM
02/03/04 10:37 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Actually, in real life, it is believed that John Gotti himself took the neighbor and killed him with a chainsaw, cutting him into pieces, then dumped the remains in the New York bay.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: Sammy Gravano kills... #199864
02/04/04 07:52 AM
02/04/04 07:52 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Actually, in real life, it is believed that John Gotti himself took the neighbor and killed him with a chainsaw, cutting him into pieces, then dumped the remains in the New York bay.
John Gotti had a perfect alibi whilst Favara was kidnapped he was on vacation in Florida. No way could Gotti have done that himself. Eye witnesses reported that a few big men beat Favara and threw him in a van never to be seen again.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Gotti's wife who ordered the hit. Too much evidence leads to this and in the end informers have told how Gotti after firstly not wanting to pursue the matter, eventually promised revenge for the death.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Sammy Gravano kills... #199865
02/04/04 11:39 AM
02/04/04 11:39 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I saw that scene in the movie, but I believe it wasn't accurate. A seemingly definitive account of the murder of John Favara is given on ganglandnews.com. He was apparently slugged upon leaving a diner, stuffed into a van, and made to disappear. The movie shows Da Bull whacking him under an overpass, but in ganglandnews' version, Da Bull had nothing to do with it. (Of course, it's possible that Da Bull was involved, and that federal prosecutors simply gave him a pass on that murder because all the other murders that he admitted to involved mob figures, not civilians. If he admitted to being involved in Favara's murder, the jury in the Gotti case in which he was the key witness might have turned against Da Bull.)
Gotti and his family were in Florida, establishing alibis. It is inconceivable that Favara's murder could have happened without Gotti's order, or approval.
Another inaccuracy: in the film, Gotti orders the murder of the cokehead who was with him and Angelo (Quack-Quack) Ruggiero in the assassination of James McBratney, who kidnapped and whacked Carlo Gambino's nephew. In real life, the cokehead was killed by a Westie in revenge for McBratney's murder.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Sammy Gravano kills... #199866
02/24/04 02:01 PM
02/24/04 02:01 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[quote]Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
[b] Actually, in real life, it is believed that John Gotti himself took the neighbor and killed him with a chainsaw, cutting him into pieces, then dumped the remains in the New York bay.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Gotti's wife who ordered the hit. Too much evidence leads to this and in the end informers have told how Gotti after firstly not wanting to pursue the matter, eventually promised revenge for the death. [/b][/quote]That's an interesting angle - I never gave any thought to Gotti's wife ordering the hit. It's certainly a possibility - from what I read in two different accounts, both Gotti & his wife were (understandably) devastated by the death of their young son. From what I have read, Sammy had nothing to do with it. But hey, he admitted to 19 murders, so it's certainly possible. I can't imagine Gotti himself carried out the killing because of his Florida alibi. Not to mention that Gotti would be the #1 suspect if there was no solid alibi. But I'm sure Gotti had some form of influence in the murder. I did read (I believe in Howard Blum's "Gangland") that Gotti allegedly did get to hack up part of the dead body.

Re: Sammy Gravano kills... #199867
03/06/04 12:19 PM
03/06/04 12:19 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
NO1 that entire movie was bogus,frankie was
on a mini-bike and ran a stop sign,the
neighbor hit him and cracked his skull,
it was a closed casket funeral.
NO2 gotti had decided to let it rest but
his wife was so persistant to take action
that in his haste and loss he ordered
the hit through sammy.
NO3 victoria gotti was also believed to
have smashed the neighbors car with
a ball bat and also attack him the
same way,she is also believed to have made
phone-calls threatning him with his life.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull