GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Ciment), 403 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,104
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
goofiest death scenes #21907
02/18/05 01:46 PM
02/18/05 01:46 PM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
the worst death is to be don altobellos. when he's poisioned he halfhartly tries to breath, still holding the canolli in his hand. when someone suffocates he's in sheer panic, not just sitting there like it's allright. and when he dies, he just nods away, but his hand still holds up the canolli, after he dies his hand goes limp!

not exactly a death scene, but when the thugs cut fanuccis throat, it also goofy as hell. he runs around screaming, holding his hat under his throat in an attempt to catch the blood!!!!! what is that for????? wouldn't he rather try to still the bleeding? what does he do with the blood, preserve it for re-injecting it later?

also, the moe greene scene is a bit odd. i mean the shot in the eye is great, but he lowers his head to slow, he should just go limp and let it fall down.

also, the johnny ola scene is a bit weak! i mean he get's strangeled and doesn't even put up a real struggle. look at luca brazi and carlo, how they struggeled, that's more realistic!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21908
02/18/05 02:07 PM
02/18/05 02:07 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by AlNeri:
...worst death is to be don altobellos. when he's poisioned he halfhartly tries to breath, still holding the canolli in his hand. when someone suffocates he's in sheer panic..
Not necessarily...could've been a quick acting poison that Connie laced into the cannoli. What makes you think Don A suffocated?

... when the thugs cut fanuccis throat, it also goofy as hell. he runs around screaming, holding his hat under his throat in an attempt to catch the blood!!!!! what is that for????? ..
I would guess he's panicking. And apparently the 'thugs' did not do a fabulous slicing job so maybe the blood is just trickling. Anyway, a hat would absorbe dripping blood better than a hand, eh? lol

... the moe greene scene is a bit odd. i mean the shot in the eye is great, but he lowers his head to slow, he should just go limp and let it fall down...
Again, not necessarily. Though shot through the eye, bullet could've affected an area of the brain where death would not be instantaneous; thus the slow lowering of the head. Despite what the majority seems to think, I've always liked the way Moe Green dies. More dramatic to watch then just seeing him blown away like so many others.

... the johnny ola scene is a bit weak! i mean he get's strangeled and doesn't even put up a real struggle. look at luca brazi...
Johnny does struggle at first, I believe he grabs at the hanger and it appears at one point he's about to break free. But Brusetta has a pretty tight hold so there's not much he can do. Then once we hear the crack of the neck breaking that's it...he's dead and falls limp. Why doesn't he flail his legs you say? Because the threat is at his neck and that's where he's going to struggle.

By the way, Luca Brasi didn't stuggle at all. Not that he wasn't strong enough...but with his hand impaled to the bar and the garrot being pulled tight, there was little for the poor lug to do but bug his eyes out and make that aweful sound as he slowly sank to the floor.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: goofiest death scenes #21909
02/18/05 02:19 PM
02/18/05 02:19 PM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[QB]Not necessarily...could've been a quick acting poison that Connie laced into the cannoli. What makes you think Don A suffocated?
well, he seems to be gasping for air, however still sitting there perfectly still holding his canolli, the worst thing is that his hand goes limp after he dies. that's just stupid!
I would guess he's panicking. And apparently the 'thugs' did not do a fabulous slicing job so maybe the blood is just trickling. Anyway, a hat would absorbe dripping blood better than a hand, eh? lol
well, he doesn't hold it to the wound to still the bleeding, but just holds it under his throat to collect the blood. maybe he didn't want his blood to ruin the floor!

Again, not necessarily. Though shot through the eye, bullet could've affected an area of the brain where death would not be instantaneous; thus the slow lowering of the head. Despite what the majority seems to think, I've always liked the way Moe Green dies. More dramatic to watch then just seeing him blown away like so many others.
yeah, could be. it's a minor thing anyway, because the way he's shot is great!

Johnny does struggle at first, I believe he grabs at the hanger and it appears at one point he's about to break free. But Brusetta has a pretty tight hold so there's not much he can do. Then once we hear the crack of the neck breaking that's it...he's dead and falls limp. Why doesn't he flail his legs you say? Because the threat is at his neck and that's where he's going to struggle.

By the way, Luca Brasi didn't stuggle at all. Not that he wasn't strong enough...but with his hand impaled to the bar and the garrot being pulled tight, there was little for the poor lug to do but bug his eyes out and make that aweful sound as he slowly sank to the floor.
well, if his neck broke than that changes it a bit. still he just wriggles one or two times before he dies. i think someone being strangeled puts up more of a fight!

and luca brazi did struggle. of course he was hindered by the knife in his hand, but he puts up more of a fight than johnny ola, he at least really tries to get free!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21910
02/18/05 02:21 PM
02/18/05 02:21 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Brasi made more than just an awful SOUND. Puzo wrote in the novel that "Luca's sphincter, no longer under control, opened and the waste of his body spilled out".

Re: goofiest death scenes #21911
02/18/05 02:33 PM
02/18/05 02:33 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
sorry, postet it twice! can anybody erase the other posts, please?
You posted that FIVE times.

You can delete those extra posts yourself. Simply go back into them by using the edit feature ( [Linked Image]) and then checking the "Delete Post" box when the next page comes up. Then hit the "Edit Post" button on the bottom.

Re: goofiest death scenes #21912
02/18/05 02:35 PM
02/18/05 02:35 PM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
Originally posted by SC:
[b] sorry, postet it twice! can anybody erase the other posts, please?
You posted that FIVE times.

You can delete those extra posts yourself. Simply go back into them by using the edit feature ( [Linked Image]) and then checking the "Delete Post" box when the next page comes up. Then hit the "Edit Post" button on the bottom. [/b]
yeah, i know, i wanted to edit it and instead quoted me! i've already figured out, how to delete them, thanks!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21913
02/18/05 05:37 PM
02/18/05 05:37 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by SC:
[QUOTE]...Brasi made more than just an awful SOUND. Puzo wrote in the novel that "Luca's sphincter, no longer under control, opened and the waste of his body spilled out".
Well, as you probably know I'm referring to the movie, not the novel tongue !!

As for the sphincter stuff....wouldn't it be something if they had depicted THAT in the film eek !!
[Linked Image]

Personally, I'm grateful they kept it simple.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: goofiest death scenes #21914
02/18/05 05:38 PM
02/18/05 05:38 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

not exactly a death scene, but when the thugs cut fanuccis throat, it also goofy as hell. he runs around screaming, holding his hat under his throat in an attempt to catch the blood!!!!! what is that for????? wouldn't he rather try to still the bleeding? what does he do with the blood, preserve it for re-injecting it later?
I read it somewhere that Fanucci didn't want to get blood all over his nice, white suit. Fanucci was a man who was full of himself, and took pride in his appearance.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: goofiest death scenes #21915
02/18/05 06:12 PM
02/18/05 06:12 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

If you mean the most gruesome death,then i would go for Don Cicci death in Part 2.you know what happens,The knife going all the way up to his breast bone,. smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: goofiest death scenes #21916
02/18/05 09:30 PM
02/18/05 09:30 PM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
If you mean the most gruesome death,then i would go for Don Cicci death in Part 2.you know what happens,The knife going all the way up to his breast bone,. smile
no, i meant the most goofy ones. don altobello is the winner for me!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21917
02/18/05 09:57 PM
02/18/05 09:57 PM
Illinois
Lauren8 Offline
Capo
Lauren8  Offline
Capo
Illinois
Worst death scene is when Sonny dies frown I can't even watch it, because it's so sad.

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~
Re: goofiest death scenes #21918
02/18/05 10:01 PM
02/18/05 10:01 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Originally posted by Lauren8:
Worst death scene is when Sonny dies frown I can't even watch it, because it's so sad.
When I first saw the movie, the second he was killed I realized that when Mike took over he would not have a "Santino- Kill 'em all and let God sort em out" mentality. That was the sad part for me.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: goofiest death scenes #21919
02/18/05 10:18 PM
02/18/05 10:18 PM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
no, i meant goofiest death scene! edited the topic, so no more confusion here!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21920
02/19/05 05:27 AM
02/19/05 05:27 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
To me, the goofiest one has to be the one in GF3, where someone removes the spectacles and pokes in the neck. That was quite unbelievable. Who was he, Luchesi?? I am very confused with all those characters in GF3.

Re: goofiest death scenes #21921
02/19/05 06:57 AM
02/19/05 06:57 AM
RizzoInTheBox Offline
Made Member
RizzoInTheBox  Offline
Made Member

... the moe greene scene is a bit odd. i mean the shot in the eye is great, but he lowers his head to slow, he should just go limp and let it fall down...

Apple [/QB]
Yeah, it's just too bad the blood looks so fake in that shot.

Re: goofiest death scenes #21922
02/22/05 05:18 PM
02/22/05 05:18 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
The poison cannoli death was bad, but I would contend that Lucchessi's death by his own eyeglasses was pretty ridiculous.

And just curious, has anyone ever counted the number of bullets Santino received? He seemed to survive quite a few gunshots before actually dying. He's full of holes and still yelling as he steps out of the car.

Re: goofiest death scenes #21923
02/23/05 11:18 AM
02/23/05 11:18 AM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
at least the glasses death looked good, despite being pretty unrealistic. the canolli death looked ridiculous!

and yes, i thought the same about sonny, but it's still a great scene!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21924
02/23/05 01:42 PM
02/23/05 01:42 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
at least the glasses death looked good, despite being pretty unrealistic. the canolli death looked ridiculous!

and yes, i thought the same about sonny, but it's still a great scene!
You're right - I don't mean to diminish Sonny's death scene at all.

Wouldn't it have been funny if Rocco had poisoned Pauly with cannoli's instead of shooting him? Then Clemenza could have said, "leave the cannoli. Take the gun." wink tongue

Re: goofiest death scenes #21925
02/23/05 07:44 PM
02/23/05 07:44 PM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
Originally posted by goombah:
Wouldn't it have been funny if Rocco had poisoned Pauly with cannoli's instead of shooting him? Then Clemenza could have said, "leave the cannoli. Take the gun." wink tongue
lol!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21926
02/24/05 03:33 PM
02/24/05 03:33 PM
Scotland
Debz Offline
Underboss
Debz  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Sorry if this is changing the subject, but I think it was on the bonus disk of the dvd boxset that FFC tells us that he hated doing the death scenes and that he liked to do them in an unusual way..The bullet thru the eye, when the towel went on fire in part II when vito shot don fanucci and the scene when the guy was killed by getting his glasses stabbed into the side of his neck (quite unbelievable but FFC admitted this himself the the bonus disk) FFC was also worried that they were going to call in a violence director and thats when he shot the scence where connie's husband beats her up with his belt...I still cringe when i see that..

Sorry just thought I would add that lol!

[Debz]
Re: goofiest death scenes #21927
02/25/05 01:56 PM
02/25/05 01:56 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I'll agree with the Moe Greene death as being a bit unexciting. When you compare the head shots of Sollozzo and McCluskey, its like they couldn't think of way to jazz it up. OK, Moe, just lay you're head down like you're going to sleep.

Rocco's death in the airport also looks a bit understated. He just stops and folds up with a half pirouette...in slow motion.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: goofiest death scenes #21928
03/04/05 12:48 PM
03/04/05 12:48 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Don Luchessi in GFIII by far. First of all, his killer (who I think was supposed to be the guy who worked for Don Tomassino, who had been Michael's good bodyguard in GFI)gets shot BEFORE he rips off he glasses, breaks off a piece and jabs it into his jugular. Since Luchessi had bodyguards all around him. someone could have pulled the thing our of his neck and tried to save him, but as we see, no one bothered to try because in a later shot his blood soaked body is still at the desk with the glasses stuck in them. Where did Luchessi's body guards go?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: goofiest death scenes #21929
03/04/05 01:54 PM
03/04/05 01:54 PM
Michigan
Lollie Offline
Made Member
Lollie  Offline
Made Member
Michigan
Goombah: At the beginning of the VHS movie of GFI, there are some interviews of the various actors/actresses and a lot of stuff by FFC and MP. Near the end, FFC talks about Sonny's assassination scene and mentions how the bullet holes were created and how they got the holes to spurt out blood and all. In the process, he mentions how many bullet holes there were. I don't remember the exact number, but it was over 100. He said that he wanted it to be like Bonnie and Clyde and he surely accomplished that! He said that one of the hardest obstacles with this scene was that James Caan had all these wires attached to him (to detonate the little blood pouches) and they had trouble getting him in and out of the car during the shooting scene. I think he said that they had to kind of shoot the scene backwards or something like that in order for the wires not to be seen and for the blood pouches to not explode at the wrong time. Pretty interesting stuff...amazing what they come up with to make the scenes look authentic!

I have a question: I am just now reading the book and I am at the point where Don Vito tells Johnny Fontane that he will take care of the movie business, so I'm not too far. My question is regarding one of the posts here that talks about Fannuci's having his throat slit and him putting his white hat to catch the blood from his neck. Does that mean that in the movie where Don Vito shoots Fannuci in the stair well didn't happen in the book? Or does it mean that Fanucci didn't die from having his throat slit? Or is there some other reason? One of my favorite scenes is that scene where Vito kills Fannuci--Fannuci being such an Italian blowhard!

Thanks!

~~ Lollie

"Sono una roccia; Sono un'isola...una roccia non ritiene dolore; un'isola non grida mai."
Re: goofiest death scenes #21930
03/05/05 08:33 AM
03/05/05 08:33 AM
Peter_Clemenza Offline
Underboss
Peter_Clemenza  Offline
Underboss
The death of Moe Greene would have been much more realistic if he didn't lower his head slowly.

Re: goofiest death scenes #21931
03/05/05 11:14 AM
03/05/05 11:14 AM
Austria
AlNeri Offline OP
Wiseguy
AlNeri  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Austria
Originally posted by Lollie:
I have a question: I am just now reading the book and I am at the point where Don Vito tells Johnny Fontane that he will take care of the movie business, so I'm not too far. My question is regarding one of the posts here that talks about Fannuci's having his throat slit and him putting his white hat to catch the blood from his neck. Does that mean that in the movie where Don Vito shoots Fannuci in the stair well didn't happen in the book? Or does it mean that Fanucci didn't die from having his throat slit? Or is there some other reason? One of my favorite scenes is that scene where Vito kills Fannuci--Fannuci being such an Italian blowhard!
no, he get's his throat slit by some thugs, but they don't manage to kill him. it's a deleted scene from the dvd collection!

Re: goofiest death scenes #21932
03/05/05 11:23 AM
03/05/05 11:23 AM
TheSicilian123 Offline
Underboss
TheSicilian123  Offline
Underboss
Tesso was the only one of the olive oli business that was killed.

If you had any fucking heart at all you'd be out stealin'! Joe Pecsi
Turn that thing off! You should be out stealing! Lefty
You put up and shut up, you hear nothing you say nothing! Just like you did for Bugsy! -Noodles

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull