GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke), 403 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,223
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,391
Posts1,060,025
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: JFK and the Mob #198061
09/25/03 02:28 PM
09/25/03 02:28 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sulivan:
Well,

I read "On the Trails Of The Assasins" and "Crossfire"

Great Books. Definate Must Reads.
The books you referenced were the two main sources for the "JFK" film. The film has been proven to be factually incorrect on several accounts. Garrison based his case on Clay Shaw's alleged involvement. Even in the film, it was obvious that implicating Shaw was a reach. The people that did know something, namely David Ferrie, Lee Bowers, & Dean Andrews all were dead either before the Shaw trial or soon thereafter.

Don't get me wrong, I think the "JFK" was excellent. I just believe Oliver Stone took many liberties with the film and used a very questionable main source in Jim Garrison. What "JFK" did for me was open my eyes. I have read over twenty books on the assassination.

Any number of theories have the potential to work: Castro's connection, the Soviets, or the CIA. But I don't think we'll ever know all of the facts to put the puzzle together. While I don't feel that it would be accurate to call it a "mystery," it is certainly the greatest crime in U.S. history and one that will never be fully solved.

Re: JFK and the Mob #198062
09/25/03 04:09 PM
09/25/03 04:09 PM
Hell
Mike Sullivan Offline OP
Underboss
Mike Sullivan  Offline OP
Underboss
Hell
You Make a Hell Of An Arrgument but Alsa Imust Disagree with you...

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia
Re: JFK and the Mob #198063
09/25/03 07:42 PM
09/25/03 07:42 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
read joe kennedys'life story,I read it a few months ago while I was in the joint,there is alot
of insight to jfk and the election,joe used his
power to sway votes,he used sinatra,almost got
him killed,momo giancana was gonna whack sinatra,
santo trafficante was also in on the hit,castro
had trafficante jailed in cuba as a spy,the original hit was to be made on castro,the mafia
were promised wide open gambling joints by cubas
government,then the kennedy bros. pulled a spin
move on the teamsters,which is where the money
was comming from,if anyone actually believes that
oswald killed kennedy with one gun,a bolt action
30/06,hit his target 2 times perfectly with in 5
secs.has to be crazy,ruby was the patsy,the go between for chicago,fla. and new-orleans,he was
expendable,no the cia paid chicago for the hit,
trafficante,giancanna and the mayfield road mobs
moe dalitz were laughing it up in vegas when it
happened,the perfect murder.

Re: JFK and the Mob #198064
10/04/03 06:09 PM
10/04/03 06:09 PM
London, Ontario, Canada
Abbott S. Sholdice Offline
Wiseguy
Abbott S. Sholdice  Offline
Wiseguy
London, Ontario, Canada
JFK, the movie, was made based on the evidence of the only court case in the history of the assassination that attempted to investigate it if my memory serves me correctly. JFK was an excellent introduction to the investigation, but there was not much new evidence to any real JFK buffs.
Issues that could be addressed in a JFK II are:
the disappearances of virtually all the witnesses from Dallas in unusual circumstances such as auto crashes which are considered an excellent way to murder people in the Mafia, these are set up in various ways;
that the Giancana that was investigated by the senate in 1976 was an absurd look-a-like of Giancana that had been recruited in Mexico who at the time was a construction worker, his murder a year or so later was considered to close the case by the FBI;
that a Dallas cop was seen behind the fence by a disappeared witness after seeing a puff of smoke from behind the fence just as the shots rang out;
a Dallas cop disappears roughly 2 weeks before the 1976 senate investigation begins with evidence he knew Giancana;
the connections between Joe Kennedy and Giancana going back to the 20’s when they organized the modern Mafia along with Bronfman, Onassis, (Hugh Hefner may be another player key in a real investigation) and fascists including European royalty are indicative of how entrenched repression of an investigation is. Its also partly religious (Protestant/ catholic), possibly its main motivation within the sphere and scope of implied criminal involvement within the government and society. The first Catholic President was successfully flouted; the fact is that the case is so important that modern history revolves around it for these reasons.
Other aspects to keep in mind are: Ruby shot Oswald to silence him from squawking, but claimed to do it out of love for JFK; Ruby ran a strip club under Mafia license ultimately and had to pull his weight if the shit hit the fan; Ruby himself began to crack like many Mafioso under interrogation, but Gerald Ford rejected his testimony at the Warren commission hearings making Ford a suspected conspirator, his own motivation of religion personally and association functionally;
LBJ ‘s mob associations and gain of power; Oswald according to Giancana’s plan was to take the fall and point to a conspiracy organized by the Cubans and Castro.
Giancana called off the assassination and the Mafia underlings put it through any way because setting it up put their heads on the line; Giancana new it was his undoing within hours of the murder; Giancana’s regime still unraveling today with shakeups in the CIA, which he once controlled its factional elements through sheer murder (elimination rather than intimidation). Its all connected to a military conspiracy that extends far beyond Giancana as the Protestant hold on world power with the collapse of British (and Protestant) power within the 20th century continues. The 2nd world war was based on these issues. Hitler was a Protestant. Hitler had extensive connections with the royalty including the British.

Re: JFK and the Mob #198065
10/07/03 03:35 AM
10/07/03 03:35 AM
Pasadena,MD
alpacinofan Offline
Capo
alpacinofan  Offline
Capo
Pasadena,MD
Personally I think Lee Harvey Oswald was a mobster hired to kill JFK. Or Lyndon Johnson or Richard Nixon might have had something to do with it. I don't really know, this is just another strange theory of mine.

It's not personal, it's strictly business-Al Pacino/Godfather 1
Re: JFK and the Mob #198066
10/13/03 11:55 PM
10/13/03 11:55 PM
Jersey
Irish Corleone Offline
Associate
Irish Corleone  Offline
Associate
Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:

And if they did want to kill a Kennedy, why would they choose JFK, when RFK was their nemesis
Don't forget that during Castro's take over he threw all American organizied crime out of Cuba, which before Castro was a goldmine for the US mob. The CIA hated the fact that a communist regime was less than 90 miles away from the US. The anti-Castro Cubans hated Castro and wanted their country back. So, they banned together for what would be the Bay of Pigs invasion.

The CIA would train the anti-Castro Cubans for their invasion, and they would also provide critical air support for the anti-Castro Cubans. The mob was happy at the idea of getting Cuba back.

But when the invasion started, JFK pulled the plug on air support from the CIA because he feared an attack on Cuba from the US would cause a bigger problem. The Cubans were slautered, the CIA was humiliated, and the mob was unhappy that they lost Cuba.

That is possible motivation for the mob to help a hit on JFK

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull