I first heard about this man on a commanding interview on the Jim Rome radio show. Read the information below and tell me what you think please. I have never heard of him before, but perhaps turnbull or one of you has. I'll try to find a link for you all to listen ot the interview. Enjoy.

Just a few years ago, Michael Franzese was "one of the biggest earners the mob had seen since Al Capone, and the youngest individual on Fortune magazine's survey of 'The Fifty Biggest Mafia Bosses'" (Vanity Fair magazine).

The son of a kingpin in New York's Colombo crime family, the smart, sophisticated Franzese was long considered an heir apparent to the family's vast power. Becoming a sworn, made member at the age of 24, he avoided the traditional Mafia domains in favor of the enormously lucrative edges of the legitimate business world.
He masterminded brilliant scams, from auto dealerships to union kickbacks, from financial services to the world of sports and entertainment, to a multibillion-dollar gasoline tax scheme, all with the help of ambitious tycoons and his own remarkable acumen. He earned millions a week at his apex and used his wits and charm to keep the likes of John Gotti from encroaching on his operations.

Though frequently indicted, he was never convicted of any crime until he met Cammy Garcia, a beautiful, born again dancer in one of his films. He fell in love with her, aggressively pursued her, and eventually they married

How Cammy convinced him to take the rap on a racketeering charge and how he managed to become the only high ranking official of the Mafia to ever quit the mob, refuse government protection and live to tell about it makes Michael Franzese a truly absorbing and fascinating addition to the speaker's circuit.

Today, Franzese is a man on a mission. Determined to use the compelling experiences of his former life for the benefit of at-risk youth, professional and student athletes, corporate executives and anyone seeking the inspiration to beat the odds and make positive changes in their lives, he has become a highly regarded motivator and source of invaluable information.

Within his presentation, he candidly describes how he survived dozens of grand jury appearances, 3 major racketeering indictments, 5 criminal trials, 7 years in prison and a Mafia death sentence. He tells of how he engaged bankers, corporate executives, union officials and professional and student athletes in a wide variety of financial scams.

His open and honest presentations are fresh and unique. Audiences are captivated by stories of his personal experiences in organized crime and genuinely affected by his powerful anti-crime messages and eye opening revelations. His appearances have proven to be a once in a lifetime experience for all those in attendance.

For information about Michael Franzese’s book “Blood Covenant” click on the link below…
Blood Covenant :p

"politics and crime they're the same thing..."- Michael Corleone