GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,000
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,241
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197052
04/30/03 07:06 PM
04/30/03 07:06 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline OP
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline OP
Underboss
Iowantonia
What do you guys think? There's a lot of theories out there. One of them is the mob. Just wondering what your thoughts on this issue is.

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197053
04/30/03 08:06 PM
04/30/03 08:06 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
From what I've read, they think the mafia killed Oswald, here is a famous picture showing it.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197054
04/30/03 08:07 PM
04/30/03 08:07 PM
OleificioAndreassi Offline
Capo
OleificioAndreassi  Offline
Capo
I remember my dad had a book on the subject but I don't remember the title. But I remember reading parts of it AND it was about an old mob leader from New Orleans named Carlo somethin- (his last name began w/ an "M"- Im thinkin Marcello or something). Hes in jail now but the theory in the book was that he was behind it.

I'll try and track down the book and get some more info about it up

One Love
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197055
04/30/03 09:56 PM
04/30/03 09:56 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline OP
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline OP
Underboss
Iowantonia
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
From what I've read, they think the mafia killed Oswald, here is a famous picture showing it.
Yea that would be Jack Ruby who owned a bar and was involved in mob affairs. He was actually Italian, he had changed his last name from Rubio, or something like that.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197056
04/30/03 10:00 PM
04/30/03 10:00 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
DV,

That picture was on the front page of every newspaper Nov. 24, 1963. Many of my generation were watching live as it happened. Everyone was totally shocked. I'll never forget it. And yes the mafia was/is named as possbily being behind JFK assassination along with other theories.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197057
04/30/03 10:33 PM
04/30/03 10:33 PM
All Over
XJimmy the GentX Offline
Capo
XJimmy the GentX  Offline
Capo
All Over
I vote yes. Especially after watching this mafia documentary. There is so much evidence to support the theory. JFK's father was a bootlegger and it was mafia support that won JFK his election supposedly. They also mentioned how the mafia struck a deal with the U.S. Government to use ports and extra ammunition to fight the war in order for the release of Lucky Luciano. Its good stuff.

"A parola d'onuri vale sangue"
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197058
05/01/03 12:32 AM
05/01/03 12:32 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I think not. The Mafia was an easy target for the Government to point their fingers at, so they did. Kennedy's driver killed him, that and the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Seriously, watch the Zapruder film.

The Don Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197059
05/01/03 05:19 AM
05/01/03 05:19 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by joltinjoe05:
He was actually Italian, he had changed his last name from Rubio, or something like that.
Actually, he was Jewish, and changed his name from Rubenstein.

There are many theories: The Mob, The CIA, Anti-Castro Cubans, The Texas Oil Interests, etc. I've been fascinated by the whole thing for 40 years and read about 20 books on the subject. And after all of that, the only thing I'm sure of is that the Warren Commission Report didn't get it right.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197060
05/01/03 09:21 AM
05/01/03 09:21 AM
California

California
As you know, so am I P. Lawrence. When I was in Michigan last week, my sister gave me a book titled "Murder in Dealey Plaza", did you read it? I assume so, since you are so well informed.

Isn't amazing how fascinating this still is after all these years?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197061
05/01/03 09:56 AM
05/01/03 09:56 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
"Murder In Dealy Plaza" is one that I missed. I had my last big burst of interest several years ago, when the film JFK came out, and with it the re-issue of some older books, and a bunch of new ones.

I think the fascination for us, Tis, is that we lived through the events and watched it all unfold on TV. The JFK assassination cover-up, along with the Viet Nam War and Watergate, shaped my political thinking.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197062
05/01/03 10:00 AM
05/01/03 10:00 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
watch the Zapruder film.
The problem with that is the many persuasive arguments out there that the film has been doctored, missing frames, etc., as part of the cover-up.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197063
05/01/03 11:24 AM
05/01/03 11:24 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
"The Mob did it" theory is based on allegations that the Kennedy Administration "owed" the Mob for helping to elect him, and for assisting the CIA in his ridiculous plots to assassinate Castro. So, when brother Bobby took after the Mob with a vengeance, they retaliated by killing him. I don't believe it. The Mob (at least in those days) never assassinated public officials because doing so would bring more heat on them than they were getting. And if they did, why kill JFK--and leave ruthless brother Bobby to exact vengeance on them? Jack Ruby had casual contacts with Mob fringe people because anyone who operated a strip club in America at the time dealt with Mob associates who controlled the pipeline of strippers and other entertainers. But he had far, far more contacts with the Dallas police, who controlled his all-important liquor and cabaret licenses. And all of Ruby's arrests were related to his club: assaulting patrons and employees; failure to pay various taxes, license violations, etc. A Mob associate once approached him and his brother about a dope deal, but they turned the guy down.
Finally, ask one question: If the Mob really wanted to kill JFK, why would they use or involve a certifiable nut-case like Oswald, when they had plenty of trained assassins? And why would they use another certifiable nut-case like Ruby to kill Oswald, and leave him behind?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197064
05/01/03 12:00 PM
05/01/03 12:00 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Finally, ask one question: If the Mob really wanted to kill JFK, why would they use or involve a certifiable nut-case like Oswald, when they had plenty of trained assassins? And why would they use another certifiable nut-case like Ruby to kill Oswald, and leave him behind?
Why would whoever was behind the plot use these two nut cases?

Well, I'm not sure Oswald was a nut case. Without going into detail, I'm convinced that he had a very close association with the CIA, may even have been working for them at the time of the assassination if not prior to it, and as he himself asserted, may have merely been a "patsy". As a matter of fact, I have serious doubts as to whether or not he was even a shooter at all that day.

I don't think the mob was behind the plot itself, simply because they did not have the means to engineer the cover-up, a principal part of which was the autopsy. The reason that there was a cover-up was because our government was in some way involved. If the mob was behind it, or the Cubans for that matter, why cover it up? But just as the mob and CIA worked together on their plots to kill Castro, it doesn't take much of a leap of the imagination to believe that the CIA was behind the plot, and used mob assassins to bring off the actual shooting.

Unfortunately, we'll just never know for sure.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197065
05/01/03 03:10 PM
05/01/03 03:10 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

Unfortunately, we'll just never know for sure.
That is the only certainty about the JFK assassination.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197066
05/01/03 03:59 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I read a book called "Contract on America - the Mafia Murder of JFK". By the time I finished it I was convinced it was arranged by Sam Giancana. It lists all kinds of evidence that is really convincing.

I just recently saw the movie the details the Joseph Bonanno story, and in it there is a scene where a sniper is in the sewer facing JFK's limo as it heads toward him.

It seems to easy to say it was Oswald. there are so many interesting sidebars to the story - the "tramps" that were photographed as they were arrested but no record of the arrest was ever found, or the unusual number of mysterious deaths of the witnesses that were in Dallas that day. Or the truly magic bullet theory. All interesting stuff, and all gives rise to a number of theories.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197067
SanAlfo Offline
Button
SanAlfo  Offline
Button
NO NO NO NO NO NO..i believe the CIA killed Kennedy..its all about money and business and who gets the contract to manufacture military goods.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

"When they come, they'll come at what you love"

Someday soon, you're gonna have families of your own. And if you're lucky, you'll remember the little moments. Like this."-
Tony Soprano's toast during the candlelit dinner at Artie Bucco's resturant with his family during a power downing storm
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197068
05/01/03 07:15 PM
05/01/03 07:15 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline OP
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline OP
Underboss
Iowantonia
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:

My guess: So people wouldn't run to the mob and say that they did it. A diversion.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197069
05/01/03 07:37 PM
05/01/03 07:37 PM
Ottawa
GAMBINO Offline
Capo
GAMBINO  Offline
Capo
Ottawa
There are so many theories out there that do not have concrete evidence to support the actual theory... which are seemingly endless.

“The greatest crime since World War II has been U.S. foreign policy.”

— Ramsey Clark
former U.S. Attorney General
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197070
05/02/03 11:49 AM
05/02/03 11:49 AM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
That is something we'll never know. I don't believe the Mob would kill Kennedy on their own. it would bring MUCH MORE heat then they can bear to take. If it was the Mob then they had backing from the CIA.

Overall, I believe a professionally trained assassin from the CIA Killed Kennedy.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197071
05/02/03 01:41 PM
05/02/03 01:41 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
I'm with Jimmy the Gent 100%. i also have the Dvd and after watching it that is were i was convinced that the Mafia's did it.

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197072
05/02/03 02:29 PM
05/02/03 02:29 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by SanAlfo:
NO NO NO NO NO NO..i believe the CIA killed Kennedy..its all about money and business and who gets the contract to manufacture military goods.
The amount of money that the defense contractors got for supplying the Vietnam War was staggering. If it was true that Kennedy wanted to withdraw and avoid the conflict, then that is a very real motive to get rid of him.

Of course, Kennedy was not a real supporter of the CIA in view of the advice they gave him concerning the Bays of Pigs fiasco. He ended up getting rid of Dulles at the CIA, and guess who ended up as a member of the Warren Commission - Dulles.

The mob had it's motive, with RFK putting the heat on Hoffa and Giancana like he did. And obviously Castro would like to see him gone after the attempts on his life, the Bay of Pigs, the missle crisis.

I don't think we will ever know the real truth.

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197073
05/03/03 07:46 PM
05/03/03 07:46 PM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
Che Guevara and Lyndon Johnson ( DALLAS, DUH!) got together. LBJ hated JFK. He had all the backroom politics down pat, connections etc. so he was very jealous and angry taking a back seat to the young Kennedys.
He calls Che, who hates LBJ a bit less than he hates the Kennedys.
Che calls longtime friend Fats Domino who played in Jack Ruby's club often. Ruby had a friend named Oswald who married his own sister and was molested as a child by a heroin addicted Methodist . Ruby sent Oswald, the rest is history.
Oh. Fats blackmails Ruby about Oswald, so he shoots Oswald in exchange for his family being "taken care of" like the old Jewish Empire.
His family now resides in Cienfuegos Cuba.

NOOOOOO? Prove it!

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197074
05/05/03 02:27 PM
05/05/03 02:27 PM
Detroit
DonEthereal_313 Offline
Made Member
DonEthereal_313  Offline
Made Member
Detroit
Quote:
Originally posted by XJimmy the GentX:
They also mentioned how the mafia struck a deal with the U.S. Government to use ports and extra ammunition to fight the war in order for the release of Lucky Luciano. Its good stuff.
Did this really happen? Call me a idiot, but I'm not to good on Mob history. Did Lucky Luciano get realeased becuase of this? Or is it just something else that's been ground out of the rumor mill?

-Ethereal

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197075
05/05/03 04:38 PM
05/05/03 04:38 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by DonEthereal_313:
[quote]Originally posted by XJimmy the GentX:
[b] They also mentioned how the mafia struck a deal with the U.S. Government to use ports and extra ammunition to fight the war in order for the release of Lucky Luciano. Its good stuff.
Did this really happen? Call me a idiot, but I'm not to good on Mob history. Did Lucky Luciano get realeased becuase of this? Or is it just something else that's been ground out of the rumor mill?
-Ethereal [/b][/quote]Getting Luciano released from prison had nothing to do with the JFK assassination. He died in 1962. It concerned his involvement during WW2 while he was in prison.

Luciano reportedly ensured that there were no labor troubles on the docks of New York that would hinder the war effort. He is also said to have called on his friends in Sicily to gather information of German troop movement, and to harass the Germans. evidence confirming his cooperation came out after the war. The mafia in Sicily wanted the Germans out so they could return to making money. In exchange, Govenor Dewey commuted his sentence after the war on the condition that he be deported to Italy. He was deported in 1946.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197076
05/05/03 06:38 PM
05/05/03 06:38 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
Luciano reportedly ensured that there were no labor troubles on the docks of New York that would hinder the war effort. He is also said to have called on his friends in Sicily to gather information of German troop movement, and to harass the Germans. evidence confirming his cooperation came out after the war. The mafia in Sicily wanted the Germans out so they could return to making money. In exchange, Govenor Dewey commuted his sentence after the war on the condition that he be deported to Italy. He was deported in 1946.
This was really a very amusing story, showing how the perception of power is as good as its exercise:
After Pearl Harbor, the US War Department seized the French liner Normandie in the Port of NY and engaged workmen to turn it into a troop carrying ship. A workman with a torch got careless and accidentally set fire to a bunch of burlap sacks on deck. The ship burned and capsized at its dock. The Navy's commander of the Port of NY thought it was the work of "Nazi saboteurs" among dock workers of Italian and German descent. This bit of bigotry and paranoia was picked up by Joseph (Socks) Lanza, Mob boss of the docks, and reported to Meyer Lansky. Lansky contacted Murray Gurfein, who was Special Prosecutor Dewey's second-in-command. Result: they worked out a deal that Don Marco reported: Luciano would be moved from the very tough Dannemora Prison in upstate NY to the more "comfortable" Great Meadow Prison in return for using his "influence" to assure that there'd be no more "sabotage" and "labor problems" on the docks. As part of the deal, Luciano was paroled inj '46 and exiled to Italy. Frank Costello took over his position and Luciano's power faded steadily.

Re: Did the mob kill Kennedy? #197077
05/05/03 10:05 PM
05/05/03 10:05 PM
California

California
According to the book I only just started reading, "Murder In Dealey Plaza", the author states that the mafia couldn't have been involved in JFK assassination because of the complexity of all the people that must have been involved. It stated that even the mafia couldn't have had to power to have x-rays altered, edit/alter the Zapruder film, which at the time involved highly technical & sophisticated techniques, or replace Kennedy's brain with another.

It also noted that none of these things could have been done by the alleged assassin, Oswald, since he was already incarcerated or dead by then. In the first chapter anyway, it's certainly implying that this had to come somewhere from within our own government! Horriyfying thought isn't it?

TIS

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull