GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 91 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,758
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,303
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,404
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Garbage business #196137
01/05/03 04:28 PM
01/05/03 04:28 PM
Iowa
Don Mataya Offline OP
Underboss
Don Mataya  Offline OP
Underboss
Iowa
What is exactly the garbage businesses the mob is in? I mean how do they profit off of it and how does it work?

I buy you out. You don't buy me out.
Re: The Garbage business #196138
01/05/03 06:04 PM
01/05/03 06:04 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Here in the East it's referred to as "Private Carting". Most, if not all, municipalites, have sanitation departments that pick up garbage from private residences, but not businesses. So a business must hire a private firm to do this. It seems as though these firms (as are many others in other businesses) are all controlled by organized crime. They carve out territories, and if you require the services of one of these companies, you can't just pick up the phone book and start calling around to get prices and such. You can only deal with the one whose "territory" you are in.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: The Garbage business #196139
01/05/03 07:08 PM
01/05/03 07:08 PM
California
DonColletti Offline
RIP :(
DonColletti  Offline
RIP :(
Underboss
California
Didn't this all start in New York when there was no one to pick up any trash so it was very lucrative?

His whole life was a million to one shot
Re: The Garbage business #196140
01/05/03 09:03 PM
01/05/03 09:03 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by DonColletti:
Didn't this all start in New York when there was no one to pick up any trash so it was very lucrative?
Perhaps. Garbage collection services--municipal or private--are a 20th century development, initiated to stop typhus and other diseases spread by poor sanitation. But, as plawrence said, in some cities (notably New York), municipal (taxpayer-paid) garbage disposal services collect only residential trash. Businesses, which produce more trash, are expected to pay private carters.
This isn't a business that attracts a lot of competitors to begin with, so it's very easy for a criminal cartel to monopolize by simply muscling out anyone else. Once the monopoly is established, the business has to pay the dictated rate--no alternatives. The Mob also maximizes its profits by blatantly violating environmental, health and safety laws--they control garbage dumps where it's cheaper for their own trucks to dump because the dumps don't comply with any rules and regulations. All in all, it's a homely but highly profitable business!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Garbage business #196141
01/09/03 10:08 PM
01/09/03 10:08 PM
the matresses Offline
Made Member
the matresses  Offline
Made Member
"And then theres the garbage disposal. I don't know if you know who runs that establishment, but I assure you, it is not the boy scouts." - Rodney Dangerfield, "Back to School"

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
Re: The Garbage business #196142
01/11/03 07:38 PM
01/11/03 07:38 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Ever heard of the term "price fixing". They set the price and you do the paying. Thru the nose.
Under cut their price and they burn you out, or make you an offer that you can't refuse.

That is unless you don't love you wife, kids, and often your mother and father. Or maybe you knees or you don't want to walk to work anymore.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull