GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 238 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,003
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,278
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Mob killed JFK? #195281
08/17/02 02:48 PM
08/17/02 02:48 PM
Tampa
Take The Cannolies Offline OP
Button
Take The Cannolies  Offline OP
Button
Tampa
Personally I think they did. It's well known they helped get him elected. Then the first thing his brother does is go after the mob,and JFK gets killed.It's also known Jack Ruby(the man who killed Lee Harvey Oswald) was associated with the mob(the bar he owned was a mob hangout). I've heard rumors that Carlos Marcello of New Orleans and Santo Traffacante of Tampa were in on it.Do you all think the mob did it? Also,what famalies do you think were in on it?

P.S-
Did you ever notice Ruby shooting Oswald is identical to Rocco killing Hyman Roth? They both got shot in the gut on national TV.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195282
08/17/02 05:18 PM
08/17/02 05:18 PM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Take the Cannolies
Did you ever notice Ruby shooting Oswald is identical to Rocco killing Hyman Roth? They both got shot in the gut on national TV.
Quote:
Very good point Take the Cannolies.

Sorry to stray from the thread, but there is another link-up to Roth and the Kennedy/Oswald assasination. Tom advises Mike that killing Roth would be impossible.
"It would be like trying to kill the President"

Of course the movie was filmed in 1974, but placing this statement in the 1959 section of Godfather II is hugely significant. It predates Kennedy and Oswald in 1963.

It proves to a modern audience that Mike's response to Tom is not outrageous and that
"if history has taught us anything it is that
you can kill anyone" It proves how far Michael is prepared to go if necessary - to kill anyone.

Pure genius by Coppola in these carefully timed observations.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195283
08/17/02 07:01 PM
08/17/02 07:01 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Take the Cannoli:

Yes, I think that theory is possible. I have never believed Oswald acting alone in JFK assasination,nor am I totally positive he did the shooting. Truly the "crime of the century" to me. The "coincidence" of JFK's alleged assasin being assassinated himself two days later (on national television yet) is too bizarre to be believeable. I suppose we never will no the facts for sure...at least not in our lifetimes.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195284
08/17/02 07:15 PM
08/17/02 07:15 PM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
I gotta admit I was fairly convinced by a lot of the movie JFK. Problem was that Oliver Stone was heavy on the artistic licence. I believe he even invented a few characters to bring info into that time period - that was not yet available. Also,
Jim Garrison's own testimony is suspect given his alleged links with Carlos Marcello. However, there is still one credible stuff in there. I believe that it is possible to do a degree course
in the JFK Assasination - run by Jim Marr - author of Crossfire - The Plot that Killed Kennedy. I can't remember which US college offered
this or if it still does. It must still be very difficult for people to countenance that the intelligence agencies may have been in some way involved.

I still believe the mafia had to play a part somewhere - that they regarded Kennedy's policy towards Cuba as being insufficiently aggressive. After all Cuba was at one time the mob's licence to print money - as illustrated by Godfather II. I am not sure this mystery will ever be solved as relevant people become few and far between. But theorising is always interesting.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195285
08/17/02 07:55 PM
08/17/02 07:55 PM
New Orleans
Guinea Guarino Offline
Wiseguy
Guinea Guarino  Offline
Wiseguy
New Orleans
Look, the Kennedys were assholes. There were many, many people who wanted them dead, especially my uncle (Carlos Marcello). I don't doubt that he had a hand in it, but I'm sure there were many others involved. I'm just glad it happened. (God forgive me.)

The Mafia is like fire: It can keep you warm or it can burn you alive.
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195286
08/17/02 08:03 PM
08/17/02 08:03 PM
California

California
I find the movie JFK much like the GF series. I'd need to see it every once in while because there is so much information in it. I seem to learn more each time.

It's been a number of years since I have seen JFK the movie, however I do remember some unbelieveable coincidences such as vital witnesses dying mysteriously before they had a chance to tell their stories; the FBI didn't have any tape recordings of their interview with Oswald. And the most biazzare, "losing" the President's brain before the autopsy!!! I'll have to refresh my memory and see it again. You sparked my interest again Wiseguy!!!

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195287
08/17/02 08:09 PM
08/17/02 08:09 PM
California

California
Guinea,

I can assume than that you don't think Oswald acted alone? Why such hatred for the Kennedys?

TIS

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195288
08/17/02 08:27 PM
08/17/02 08:27 PM
New Orleans
Guinea Guarino Offline
Wiseguy
Guinea Guarino  Offline
Wiseguy
New Orleans
I was always told that it was a sort of mafia tradition that you pick out a guy who is a "likely suspect" and get him lined up to actually do the hit, and then, most of the time, no one will really look around for anyone else. There were, I'm almost sure, many, many other people who were in on this.
As for hating the Kennedys: they were creeps. I don't know what people are so impressed with. You solicit help from mobsters to get you elected. They help you. You and your brother then turn on them. You're filthy rich. It is easy to do great things when you are filthy rich, but not so easy to do great things when you have nothing but the clothes on your back, a killer instinct, and a will to move your family up in the world. I would give my bootlegging, bank robbing, money laundering uncles and grandfathers the title of hero before I ever gave it to JFK... but that may be just me.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195289
08/17/02 08:38 PM
08/17/02 08:38 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Guinea i tell people the samething but oh it's very Unamerican to say. Kennedy's father made his money throught bootlegging might i mention. People are easily fooled and abnormally impressed(to me) by a self-righteous mascarade that is really abhorrent to anyone who can see past vacuous people.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195290
08/17/02 10:17 PM
08/17/02 10:17 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
The Mafia didn't kill JFK! It was the CIA. They have more skillful and clever (covert) assassins then the Mob will ever have

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195291
08/17/02 11:48 PM
08/17/02 11:48 PM
California

California
I respectfully disagree with both Guinea Gaurino and Guinea Pig; I don't claim to be an authority on politics, and can understand G.G. resentment (hatred) toward the Kennedys. However, I don't know that the Kennedys' "sins" are any different than any other politician's in today's world("Now who's being naive Kay? )and don't know if I really care. Maybe today the Mafia is not involved , but I am sure there "much" we don't know. It's very easy to talk about someone when they are dead!!!

For me the Kennedys (especially the women, but the family in general as well) have and will always be a sign of strength and inspiration for me, more on a personal level than political. I know it's been said before, but it is true: I don't know of any other family that has suffered the amount of tragedy that this family has and still somehow manage to find the strength to go on! Money cannot take away that pain or buy that strength!! God forbid, if I have tragedy in my life, I would pray for "their" kind of strength.

Also, when Michael Kennedy died from the snow skiing accident and hit a tree. I saw on the news an interview with the person from the ski resort, who was sent to the accident site where Michael and his sister and I believe cousin were. This man was no relative and not connected to the Kennedy's at all, mind you. He told the reporter that when he got to the location of the accident to help, Michael was laying on the ground and the others were on their knees holding hands and praying. I found this touching; a sign of their faith and sense of "family", both of which I hold in high regard. But then that's me. My heart feels for these people.

GP, my friend, I don't think it's UnAmerican at all to express your opinions. You have every right as do I. I even find with our current President, in watching all these political shows, if someone now says something "negative" about one of his policies, his supporters will say it's "UnAmerican" because of our current terrorist crises. I don't buy that at all!

Sorry for being so long and "mushy", but wanted express my views. Anyway, this is one person's opinion.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195292
08/18/02 12:24 AM
08/18/02 12:24 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Guinea Guarino:
Look, the Kennedys were assholes.
i totally agree with Guinea here. the Kennedy's made their fortune in the bootlegging buisiness with the Mafia's and helped JFK win the presidential elections through Sam Giancana in Chicago. why treat the Mafia's like that? is that what they get in return after what they did with the Kennedy's? or the Kennedy's always wanted to smell good with the american people but what they didnt know is the Mafia's are always behind their success. after what they did with the Mafia's, i belive the Mafia's killed JFK. if i was put in that situation, i'll also do the same with JFK.

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195293
08/18/02 12:28 AM
08/18/02 12:28 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Guinea Guarino:
There were many, many people who wanted them dead, especially my uncle (Carlos Marcello).
is he really your uncle?
"Three can keep a secret, if Two are DEAD."- Carlos Marcello

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195294
08/18/02 12:29 AM
08/18/02 12:29 AM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Well TIS i find you a solid person and respect your opinions even if we don't agree since you've show that your opinion is solidly fixed in your mind through your statement i'll have an even higher respect for it. I just think that in my mind they are not as great as people seem for them to be. Now TIS imagine a poor family in murderous Sicily striving through abject povery or in any abnormally poor country i think that the mothers suffer more from seeing their kids die of hunger helplessly then these other tragidies(i could come out as ignorant through such opinion) but what i mean is that people on daily basis deal with worse, and just because the camera isn't on them that we don't find out or maybe it's because they don't want us to find out.

But that is all i'm saying i respect your opinion.

Guineapig.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195295
08/18/02 02:22 AM
08/18/02 02:22 AM
California

California
Your are right GP, and my heart would go out to that family as well, because I hate to see people suffer. It is true, there are many who suffer that we don't hear about. However, on an average, most families do not have as many deaths/tragedies in one immediate family in a lifetime, as the Kennedy's did. But that aside, it is thier strength to pull thru somehow that I admire! Especially for a mother losing several of her children. That has to be the worst kind of pain. I don't know that I could do it!!

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195296
08/18/02 09:27 AM
08/18/02 09:27 AM
York, PA
Luca Brasi Offline
Underboss
Luca Brasi  Offline
Underboss
York, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca Brasi:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:

Kennedy's made their fortune in the bootlegging buisiness with the Mafia's and helped JFK win the presidential elections through Sam Giancana in Chicago. why treat the Mafia's like that? is that what they get in return after what they did with the Kennedy's? after what they did with the Mafia's, i belive the Mafia's killed JFK. if i was put in that situation, i'll also do the same with JFK.

GoodFella
Just remember GF that as much as we all have a fasination with the mafia they are all criminals that thrive on power, greed, and murder to get what they want. :rolleyes:

What the Kennedys did to them was no different than what any other mafia family wouldn't have done or that Sam G. from Chicago hasn't done to others and that's use other people's money or power to get what they want.

JFK used the mafia to get into office once he did he appointed his brother in office to go after them. So JFK betrayed the mob he got what he wanted and than basically said, "screw you" I don't need you any more. The mafia always talks about "honor" and "men of respect" there is no such thing in the mafia.

The Kennedys back than and to this present day are a legalized mafia family all their own. They have people killed and they get away with murder and rape (Ted Kennedy running his car into a creek with that girl and killing her,a Kennedy cousin was accused of raping a girl at their compound on an Easter weekend.)They are as dangerous and powerful as any mafia family in existence.

I personally don't care for the Kennedy's myself they put up a mascarade as GP put it. But I feel bad for the family as well as TIS pointed out their has been alot of tragedy in the family and a few Kennedy's where loving, caring people who didn't want to follow in the footsteps of their relatives. Jackie O and JFK Jr. I admired the most, Jackie did everthing possible to keep their children out of the spotlight and raise them properly. JFK Jr. was young, handsome, and had ambition. The american people loved him he could have been whitehouse material in no time, but I don't believe he wanted to follow in his father and uncles footsteps of politics.That was a tragedy the day he was killed in the plane crash. It seems that death and tragedy follow the Kennedy's, they say everyone will be held accountable for their actions when they die some will rejoice with the Lord and others will burn in Hell.

"He who fights with monsters should look at it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195297
08/18/02 12:19 PM
08/18/02 12:19 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Luca, There existed Men of Honor and of Respect in the Mafia........just not anymore, maybe in the old country but not around here. And as for people burning in hell i'll prob be one of those poor fools or maybe not living while you can is better and beautiful though.

TIS "If you're happy then i'm happy" i think that they have gone through tragedies i just don't see how that makes them a family worthy of respect, i see them as a family worth my condolences but not respect.

But if you got a name in todays world you have got power, and there is nothing we can do.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195298
08/18/02 12:28 PM
08/18/02 12:28 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Who gave the order to kill JFK, I know it wasn't me!...Must be those dam Rosatto Brothers again!

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195299
08/18/02 04:25 PM
08/18/02 04:25 PM
York, PA
Luca Brasi Offline
Underboss
Luca Brasi  Offline
Underboss
York, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:
[QB]Luca, There existed Men of Honor and of Respect in the Mafia........just not anymore, maybe in the old country but not around here. [QB]
I stand corrected GP, you are right in the old days there was men of honor in the mafia. They followed the rules and made a profit.

"He who fights with monsters should look at it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195300
08/18/02 05:05 PM
08/18/02 05:05 PM
Pacific Northwest
CharlieLucifer Offline
Made Member
CharlieLucifer  Offline
Made Member
Pacific Northwest
I respectfully disagree with you GP,

There is no honor in extortion and murder... no matter how glorified and "justified" it is... and in the old country they murdered just as many women and children as they did men... they were by no means sweathearts.

-Lucky

There's nothin' on the top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds.
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195301
08/18/02 08:46 PM
08/18/02 08:46 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Charlie i said maybe in the old country. who the Mafia ruled Sicily i'm sure some of it's members went into it to protect their families, and there were some with honor although like you said they were no sweethearts.

Guineapig.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195302
08/19/02 10:30 AM
08/19/02 10:30 AM
New Orleans
Guinea Guarino Offline
Wiseguy
Guinea Guarino  Offline
Wiseguy
New Orleans
Yes, Carlos was my uncle (my great uncle, though, I'm not that old.)

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195303
08/23/02 07:12 AM
08/23/02 07:12 AM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
I definately think the mafia was involved in Kennedys death. I found this quite interesting http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/9719/jfk.html
Take a look it's good

FH

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195304
09/07/02 10:48 AM
09/07/02 10:48 AM
Belguim
Mr. Montana Offline
Wiseguy
Mr. Montana  Offline
Wiseguy
Belguim
Take The Cannolies I believe that I may have your ansewer to this Question. From what i have learned from my History Teacher is that JFK was asassinated by the Maffia. You do know that the Maffia helped JFK get elected for the presidency. His Father was the head of that Maffia. I believe his name was Jack if i can remember correctly. He controlled everthing that happend in Washington. At that time he was smuggeling Liquor because it was band in the most parts of the United States during this period. They say that JFK's Father was Rich and Powerfull becuse his Son was doing what his Father told him to do. He was earning Money from the work of the President. He Owned the President. Now, you could believe that the other Organizations were starting to feel Fucked. So, the only ansewer that they could find was to permanently erase the President so that they could regain control of the region. Its for some people hard to believe that Maffia owned the Government at that time, but they did. Politicians and the Maffia working together back than, who knew? Its Amazing what you can learn at School from your Teachers. To Quote the words of Tony Montana: "Take a good look at the Bad Guy, 'cause this is the last time you gonna see a Bad Guy like me here again let me tell you that".

Quote:
- "The World Is Yours".

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195305
09/15/02 01:59 PM
09/15/02 01:59 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
This sounds like something out of Oliver Stone's JFK. I doubt the mob could get near the President.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195306
09/15/02 03:12 PM
09/15/02 03:12 PM
Tampa
Take The Cannolies Offline OP
Button
Take The Cannolies  Offline OP
Button
Tampa
Why couldn't they? If a man like Lee Harvey Oswald could,why couldn't the national crime syndacate?

"If history has taught us one thing,it's that you can kill anyone."

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195307
09/15/02 04:18 PM
09/15/02 04:18 PM
California

California
This topic has been an interest of mine since day one. However, setting the JFK movie aside, and all the rumors and speculation and just looking at the "basic facts" there is much to be leary of in my view.

1. Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly kills Kennedy; He is interviewed on tape and the tape is nowhere to be found.

2.On national tv mind you, walking down a hallway with tons of people around (you know there had to be big time FBI on high alert), out of nowhere comes Jack Ruby and blows Oswald away. Jack Ruby was dying of cancer (I believe) and knew he wouldn't be around for long. He died shortly after, don't remember when for sure.

3.Kennedy's route thru Dallas changed more or less at the last minute?????

4. Several witnesses who claimed to hear of gunshots from the famous "grassy knoll" area, died from one thing or another before they could testify to anything. And I "believe" a few even called the Dallas police to report what they saw/heard and were not asked to give statments.

Gosh, I could go on and on, but I won't. I don't know if it was the mafia or the government, but I do know if Oswald shot Kennedy, there were more people involved than just him. To me this has always been the "crime of the century" and I assume we will never really know the truth, but if we ever do, I hope it is in my lifetime. Ok, I have gone on long enough. :rolleyes: I suppose I should find a "Who Killed JFK" site. I am sure they're around. That's a day imbedded in my mind that I will never forget for some reason.

TIS

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195308
09/16/02 01:00 PM
09/16/02 01:00 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
There's a lot of speculation.

Jack Ruby got a lot of phone calls from a Chicago underworld contact in the month prior to the shooting.

Several "bums" were arrested in the area immediately after the shooting, yet there is no record of the arrest. They were well fed homeless people and cannot be accounted for.

The mysterious deaths of many of the witnesses cannot be explained. They have asked insurance actuaries, who are able to mathematically predict a death rate, to analyze the liklihood of the witnesses dying and the actuaries are unable to explain it. It is an incredible coincidence to have such a large number of people die accidently or otherwise.

JFK's father was supposed to be a target of the mob and reportedly entered Chicago in disguise to plead for his life to Sam Giancana.

It is an interesting topic that will never be fully explained.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195309
09/16/02 01:21 PM
09/16/02 01:21 PM
California

California
Don Marco,

Thanks for your input. Seems to be so many unanswered questions, yet with most of the "important" people dead, make it impossible to find the answers.

TIS

Re: The Mob killed JFK? #195310
09/16/02 02:34 PM
09/16/02 02:34 PM
Ireland
goddaughter Offline
Capo
goddaughter  Offline
Capo
Ireland
Does anybody think Oswald might have been assasinated by the Mafia???? For some reason...whenever I see Hyman Roth being assasinated I always think of a documentary I saw last year about Oswald's assasination!!!!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

"We're all gonna be three little Fonzies - and what was Fonzie?!", "Cool?", "Correct-a-mundo!"

- Jules and Yolanda, Pulp Fiction
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull