GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 288 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: racist #195229
09/07/02 11:15 PM
09/07/02 11:15 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Mr. Montana i disagree with you the Mafia from back in the day was stupid????? That's why they survived so long huh? After they started admitting half Italians into the mafia ... i won't even bother to list misfortunes that advanced LCN. The other Families trusted only Sicilians b/c they knew Sicily was the birth place and Sicilians knew how to run it, make it grow, and had the honor they trusted.

Guineapig

P.S by the way welcome to the boards Mr.Montana enjoy your stay.

Re: racist #195230
09/17/02 10:48 AM
09/17/02 10:48 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
Yes they are racist.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: racist #195231
10/04/02 07:30 PM
10/04/02 07:30 PM
Taunton,Somerset,England.
Dean Cahill Offline
Made Member
Dean Cahill  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Michel:
[quote]Originally posted by Wiseguy_1872:
[quote] Originally posted by Don Michel
[b]Racism ain't a pure Mafia kind of thing, most of the Italians are racists.
The above comment that 'most of the Italians are racist' is the kind of sweeping statement that I take issue with.

Of course racism should feature in movies in portraying life accurately,be it in the context of gangsters,wars or whatever.

But in real life racism needs to be challenged. It may form part of a culture, but cultures have to evolve. Life changes.[/b][/quote]Sorry, but i don't understand what you exactly mean.

I'm a kind of a racist as well but not like the KKK or so. Just don't like people who behave different, it doesn't mean that i hate them, just don't like them. The exeption are gays, i hate gays, but with a good reason. A couple of them raped my stepbrother in the Netherlands.[/QB][/quote]Don_Michel ,i'm sorry to hear what happened to your 'stepbrother' in the Netherlands,but that statement you've threaded PISSED ME OFF!!! First of all ,i'm 100% hetereosexual ('straight' for the THICK REDNECKS who dont understand ENGLISH), i don't have any GAY (queer,******s,arse-bandits) friends, but for YOU to say you hate GAYS for the reason you say is absolutely ridiculous to say the least.You are actually stereotyping a MINORITY from a MINORITY of people because they're gay and because other people are from other backgrounds.You might as well say you HATE everything and anything.You don't like people because they behave different to you has to be the most childish comment that i've just read on here,how can you justify that as your argument on this topic on racism.What or Who gave you the right to say that you are the PERFECT SPECIMEN and that everyone should be a CLONE of you.As far as i'm concerned i feel that most ,if not ALL people who are racist, suffer from an inferiorority complex!!!!!!!!The excuses some of you try to make for your racism are pathetic,i personnally feel that you speak as a minority and damage the reputation of the Majority, which is the honest law abiding citizens in all our countries that we live in.
I'm going to have to remind a lot of people out there, that if they look back at their history they will notice that the country that they live in ,is actually made of minorities from all over EUROPE,ASIA and AFRICA.Some went and immigrated to the new land in the West,some were stolen and sold as slaves.But they were all minorities from all walks of life,RICH & POOR, YOUNG & OLD,BLACK & WHITE and even YELLOW.A few hundred years later some of these peoples ancestors still seem to think they belong to their ancestors original home,be it Italy,Spain,France,The U.K and all over Asia.What i don't seem to understand is....You people have lived there for all these years not being able to get on with one another,but in the mean time forgetting that only 60 years ago,for some of you, your Grandfathers were fighting against one nations oppression against another which led to WW2 which included the persecution of Jews and alot of other people classed as MINORITIES or the UNDERCLASSED.These people were persecuted because they were different and the so-called superior race felt superior because one fucking idiot bullshitted them into thinking so,how fucking stupid is that???,they couldn't even think for themselves, they had to be told they were better/superior than the other races.
No one person is better than anyone, no matter what country they originate from,colour of hair,eyes,size of feet,short or tall,fat or thin,these are all exterior features which don't actually insinuate that any one of us,White or Black etc,etc, is a Rapist,Murderer,Child Killer,Car thief or any different from the person next door or down the street, in a different neighbourhood to ourselves..
I, i'm sure you could believe it, could go on all night and day trying to get my point across that I'm not better than you ,He's not better than Him and so on and so forth,blah,blah,blah...
So i'll leave it there for now....
Deano...(Patriotic,non-racist Brit)

God Save The Queen
Re: racist #195232
10/04/02 11:41 PM
10/04/02 11:41 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
This stuff shouldn't be touchy if we take a step back and see how silly it is. The definition of "race" itself is nothing but a social construct. It's whatever you want it to be based on your own society/culture. It exists because people say it does, not because it has any scientific basis.

A truely scientific way to classify people would be to look at similarities/differences among dna or human genome of large groups of people. It is ironic that this thread is about sicilians because as a group, sicilians probably are closer genetically to africans than other europeans. And Europeans, genetically, are probably closer to Africans than to Native Americans. While Native Americans are probably closer genetically to asians.

Also, by some estimates about 20% of Americans that call themselves "white" actually have african ancenstry. (i.e. partially as a result of mixed race people that could 'pass', mixing in with "whites").

Hence, with advances in technology, this argument will one day become moot. Then, we'll have to stick to hating based on religion.

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: racist #195233
10/04/02 11:59 PM
10/04/02 11:59 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Just remember there are two sides to every story and no matter how clear you make your point it still won't be "right" because what is right? what main stream society believes in ? you talk about people not being able to think for themselves Schindler had his factory and saved Jews bought their lives. Dean you say you're not racist but use a degrading "REDNECKS" which doesn't necessarily mean you're racist against REDNECKS but using a term to put them down advocates looking down upon them. Just about all of the wars we had we're for selfish reasons leaders have men killed. What are you going to do ? Flee?( Don't want to get into politics) No matter how angry people get or how annoyed they get w/ other peoples opinions you're not getting anywhere until you touch the physical world. Both world war were basically caused by jews you could say that,... then you could say they were caused by the Germans and the Nazi party ...two sides to every story. The English knew what went on on those "consentration camps" but what did they do they did nothing. Nothing at all they waited untill the Americans decided to interfere w/ them.

topics like this only tend to cause trouble, why b/c ppl believe different things this is a message board. No matter how hard people explain things or their opinions no matter how much it's discussed people we'll all still cling to our opinions like a child cling's to her mother for dear life. look at how far from the original question this topic has gone... it started w/ are Mafia members racist? to discussing the war. Why? Because some ppl felt the need to give opinions that have been arbitrally beaten into them. But then again you could say people can't think for themselves... why would you say that? b/c you don't agree w/ it.

P.S i'm sry for being so long winded and this is most likely the most boring post i have on this board, but i tried to abridge and cut a few corners.

Guineapig

pls let this topic die :rolleyes: .

Re: racist #195234
10/05/02 07:29 AM
10/05/02 07:29 AM
all over
scarface_denver Offline
Capo
scarface_denver  Offline
Capo
all over
well, that was a topic that got a lot of attention, took me for ever to read it all, my family is really bad about non-whites, did trickle down on me thank god

tuaca on the house
Re: racist #195235
10/05/02 10:53 PM
10/05/02 10:53 PM
Mena, Arkansas
Scarlett Offline
Underboss
Scarlett  Offline
Underboss
Mena, Arkansas
There are racists in every group in society and every group seems to have a hatred against someone else for racial, religious or social reasons, there is no escaping it. no one race is more guilty of it than another even tho that is what the media would like everyone to think.

"Life is so beautiful."

"Even the King of Italy didn't dare to meddle with the relationship of a husband and wife."

Don Vito Corleone
Re: racist #195236
10/06/02 12:48 AM
10/06/02 12:48 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett:
There are racists in every group in society and every group seems to have a hatred against someone else for racial, religious or social reasons, there is no escaping it. no one race is more guilty of it than another even tho that is what the media would like everyone to think.
Well said Scarlett! If you listen to the news it would only be the whites that are racist. That simply is not true! Unfortunately the ugly "R" word is alive in every race and ethnicity. There is, however, a skepticism among the media/society to admit that it does exist in ALL groups.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: racist #195237
10/06/02 02:57 PM
10/06/02 02:57 PM
Dean Cahill Offline
Made Member
Dean Cahill  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:
Just remember there are two sides to every story and no matter how clear you make your point it still won't be "right" because what is right? what main stream society believes in ? you talk about people not being able to think for themselves Schindler had his factory and saved Jews bought their lives. Dean you say you're not racist but use a degrading "REDNECKS" which doesn't necessarily mean you're racist against REDNECKS but using a term to put them down advocates looking down upon them. Just about all of the wars we had we're for selfish reasons leaders have men killed. What are you going to do ? Flee?( Don't want to get into politics) No matter how angry people get or how annoyed they get w/ other peoples opinions you're not getting anywhere until you touch the physical world. Both world war were basically caused by jews you could say that,... then you could say they were caused by the Germans and the Nazi party ...two sides to every story. The English knew what went on on those "consentration camps" but what did they do they did nothing. Nothing at all they waited untill the Americans decided to interfere w/ them.

topics like this only tend to cause trouble, why b/c ppl believe different things this is a message board. No matter how hard people explain things or their opinions no matter how much it's discussed people we'll all still cling to our opinions like a child cling's to her mother for dear life. look at how far from the original question this topic has gone... it started w/ are Mafia members racist? to discussing the war. Why? Because some ppl felt the need to give opinions that have been arbitrally beaten into them. But then again you could say people can't think for themselves... why would you say that? b/c you don't agree w/ it.

P.S i'm sry for being so long winded and this is most likely the most boring post i have on this board, but i tried to abridge and cut a few corners.

Guineapig

pls let this topic die :rolleyes: .
My apologies (sincerely) for using the term 'REDNECKS',that was totally out of order,actually makes me sound hypocritical ,but i've got to agree we should let this topic go before everyone falls out with one another!!!
But i've just got one question for Guineapig!, what did you mean when you wrote' the English did nothing until the Americans decided to interfere with them??????????
Deano..

God Save The Queen
Re: racist #195238
10/15/02 11:08 PM
10/15/02 11:08 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Cornelio:
Sometimes when I watch mafia movies I see racism towards blacks and hispanics. Is the mafia really racist towards minorities? And were they back in the old days?
Yes, just watch Boondock Saints. There's a joke in their about a white man, a black man, and a hispanic man.

Re: racist #195239
10/16/02 10:35 AM
10/16/02 10:35 AM
Mena, Arkansas
Scarlett Offline
Underboss
Scarlett  Offline
Underboss
Mena, Arkansas
My question is why does this issue bother people so much, sure, they were racist, sexist and pretty gosh darn unsensitive to other peoples feelings too! Why would someone even get on this board and post stuff if that kind of thing bothers them? I sure as heck wouldn't get on say Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam site then complain to them that they are "racist" towards Whites.

"Life is so beautiful."

"Even the King of Italy didn't dare to meddle with the relationship of a husband and wife."

Don Vito Corleone
Re: racist #195240
10/16/02 02:09 PM
10/16/02 02:09 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Paul Cornelio:
[b]Sometimes when I watch mafia movies I see racism towards blacks and hispanics. Is the mafia really racist towards minorities? And were they back in the old days?
Yes, just watch Boondock Saints. There's a joke in their about a white man, a black man, and a hispanic man.[/b][/quote]watch that movie anyway, it's great!!!

Re: racist #195241
10/16/02 02:44 PM
10/16/02 02:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Pherdy:[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Cornelio:
watch that movie anyway, it's great!!!
Heck yeah it is! I love that movie! It's so funny. Have you seen the Big Lebowski with Jeff Bridges? That's another great one to watch (it's about bowling). Have you seen Snatch with Brad Pitt? Another great one, but foriegn.

Re: racist #195242
10/16/02 07:34 PM
10/16/02 07:34 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Deano i mean that the English had received photographs of the emanciated jews from the jews i don't know how they got them to the English but information was later aerated that it did happen that many pictures were sent at different times. but would not do anything untill America dicided to enter the war.

No hard feelings and i apologize if my opinion seemed abrasive, but it's just my opinion.

Guineapig

P.S sry for the delay in answering Deano, i hadn't checked this topic in a long time.

Re: racist #195243
10/17/02 04:48 PM
10/17/02 04:48 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Pherdy:[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Cornelio:
[b]watch that movie anyway, it's great!!!
Heck yeah it is! I love that movie! It's so funny. Have you seen the Big Lebowski with Jeff Bridges? That's another great one to watch (it's about bowling). Have you seen Snatch with Brad Pitt? Another great one, but foriegn.[/b][/quote]Yeah I saw Snatch (and Guy Ritchie's previous one, Lock Stock etc.)...

Brad Pitt's accent cracks me up everytime I see it.

I know I should see Big Lebowski sometime, I love the Coen brothers.

by the way what's wrong with foreign (English even!) you Americans really LOOOOOOOOOVE Hollywood don't you?

Re: racist #195244
10/17/02 07:17 PM
10/17/02 07:17 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Yeah Brad Pitt's accent always cracks me up too. I didn't say there was anything wrong with foreign films. I just said it was a foreign film because it is, and also because people always say, "I can't understand what they're saying." Duh, that's why when you buy it on DVD, they have subtitles! HELLO! But yeah you sould definitely see the Big Lebowski (2nd fav movie of all time, only behind Scarface). Also, I found out some killer news that I'd thought you'd like to know. They started filming the Boondock Saints 2, in Toronto in August. It should be out sometime next year. AH, I can't wait because I never got to see the 1st one in the theater!

Boondock Saints II

Re: racist #195245
10/17/02 07:20 PM
10/17/02 07:20 PM
GA
getoverhere Offline
Wiseguy
getoverhere  Offline
Wiseguy
GA
What is the Big Lebowski about?

Re: racist #195246
10/17/02 09:11 PM
10/17/02 09:11 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by getoverhere:
What is the Big Lebowski about?
"Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski is the ultimate LA slacker, until one day his house is broken into and his rug is peed on by two angry gangsters who have mistaken him for Jeffrey Lebowski, the LA millionaire, whose wife owes some bad people some big money. The Dude becomes entangled in the plot when he goes to visit the real Lebowski in order to get some retribution for his soiled rug, and is recruited to be the liason between Lebowski and the captors of his now 'kidnapped' wife."

Re: racist #195247
12/09/02 09:33 PM
12/09/02 09:33 PM
Vic-City, Canada
TwelveXprophet Offline
Made Member
TwelveXprophet  Offline
Made Member
Vic-City, Canada
Straight up, racists can lick my balls.

You better watch who you talkin bout; runnin your mouth, like you know me -----Nelly

Y'all just piss on me, shit on me, spit on my grave
Talk about me, laugh behind my back but in my face
Y'all some "well wishers," friendly actin, envy hidin snakes -----Nas
Re: racist #195248
12/09/02 09:34 PM
12/09/02 09:34 PM
Vic-City, Canada
TwelveXprophet Offline
Made Member
TwelveXprophet  Offline
Made Member
Vic-City, Canada
But I agree, most mobsters in movies and real life look down upon races other than their own.

You better watch who you talkin bout; runnin your mouth, like you know me -----Nelly

Y'all just piss on me, shit on me, spit on my grave
Talk about me, laugh behind my back but in my face
Y'all some "well wishers," friendly actin, envy hidin snakes -----Nas
Re: racist #195249
12/09/02 11:52 PM
12/09/02 11:52 PM
US, and I won't disclose furth...
PeacenikMafia Offline
Associate
PeacenikMafia  Offline
Associate
US, and I won't disclose furth...
Ok, before I get into my tirade on this one, I want everyone to get a good picture of what my face currently looks like: *eyes get the look Michael's eyes had when Kay said the miscarriage was really an abortion* *PeacenikMafia proceeds to yell her little brains out**** Hell yes racism exists in the mafia!! And hell yes, no matter who does it, it's wrong!!! Actually, some of the stuff I read this evening makes me want to storm right out of here! Why do people get on this bulletin board and then complain about stuff like racism?? We're here because we like certain works of art that relate to members of organized crime rings, not because we take those members as role models!! I'm not denying that there is racism in every group of people-- I'm merely asserting that for every group of people, it's wrong! *checks to see if eyes are still smoldering... good!* If my ancestors had been racist, I wouldn't even be here, being French-Native American-Polish-Scottish. I am what you'd call a "mutt," yet I do not feel any less a human being because of it. And also, there is a distinctive difference between feeling uncomfortable around people who are different and being truly "racist." I honestly could rant about this for hours, but I'll leave it at this: just remember that everyone, everywhere, is ultimately descended from the same microbe.

"And all their love was thinned with money..." ~John Steinbeck
Re: racist #195250
12/24/02 02:28 AM
12/24/02 02:28 AM
Colorado
ScarfaceAntonio Offline
Wiseguy
ScarfaceAntonio  Offline
Wiseguy
Colorado
I know this guy who is kinda in with the organized crime thing and he is very racist! He hates blacks but he's hispanic.
I think racism is just stupid! :rolleyes: There is only one race... the human race.

~"Why don't jou try stickin jour head up jour @$$ and see if it fits!"~
Re: racist #195251
12/24/02 02:53 AM
12/24/02 02:53 AM
Maryland, USA
The Spanish Inquisition Offline
Capo
The Spanish Inquisition  Offline
Capo
Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ScarfaceAntonio:
He hates blacks but he's hispanic.
Is that surprising to you? The only similarity between the 2 races is that they are both minorities in the United States and that isn't nearly enough reason to lessen the racist hatred between the two.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." -Jack Handy
Re: racist #195252
12/26/02 12:24 AM
12/26/02 12:24 AM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spanish Inquisition:
[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img] The only similarity between the 2 races is that they are both minorities in the United States and that isn't nearly enough reason to lessen the racist hatred between the two.
I must respectfully disagree with you. Many Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans have some if not much African ancestry, along with African rythmns in the music and even some African vocabulary. Slaves cut cane in the islands while they pickd cotton in USA.

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Re: racist #195253
12/26/02 01:32 AM
12/26/02 01:32 AM
Maryland, USA
The Spanish Inquisition Offline
Capo
The Spanish Inquisition  Offline
Capo
Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BronxKing:
[quote]Originally posted by The Spanish Inquisition:
[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img] [b]The only similarity between the 2 races is that they are both minorities in the United States and that isn't nearly enough reason to lessen the racist hatred between the two.
I must respectfully disagree with you. Many Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans have some if not much African ancestry, along with African rythmns in the music and even some African vocabulary. Slaves cut cane in the islands while they pickd cotton in USA.[/b][/quote]This may be true but they're still a small minority of the entire hispanic race and as you slightly mentioned, it's comparable to African Americans in the United States. They've felt just as much racism and segregation from their fellow hispanic, thus allowing me to bring up a new point in this argument, unless his friend had African acenstry, I don't see what would make it any more surprising then a White hating a Black.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." -Jack Handy
Re: racist #195254
12/26/02 09:55 AM
12/26/02 09:55 AM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spanish Inquisition:
This may be true but they're still a small minority of the entire hispanic race and as you slightly mentioned, it's comparable to African Americans in the United States. They've felt just as much racism and segregation from their fellow hispanic, thus allowing me to bring up a new point in this argument, unless his friend had African acenstry, I don't see what would make it any more surprising then a White hating a Black.
There is much solidarity in NY between African Americans and the groups I mentioned above. Mexican Americans and many Cuban Americans vote Republican while groups above vote Dem.

There is more social interaction, and marriages between Black people and Latinos in NY.

You are right, it's a minority of Latinos, but it still isn't across the board. And yes, many light latinos are prejudiced against the darker, a phenomenon created by colonialism AND other vestiges of European supremacy.

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Re: racist #195255
12/26/02 10:51 AM
12/26/02 10:51 AM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
OK, repeat after me: Hispanic is NOT a race. There are white Hispanics (Cameron Diaz, Martin Sheen). There Black Hispanics, Indian Hispanics, Asian Hispanics and thousands of other permiations.

Let's not glorify the Mafia so much that we are shocked by their racism. Of course minorities are capable of being guilty of discrimination and capable of bigotry. I'm surprised everyone is surprised by that!

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: racist #195256
12/26/02 01:12 PM
12/26/02 01:12 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Question?

In the movies they call people WET-BACKS?

What is a WET-BACK? and where do they come from?

Is it good or bad to be a wet-back?

Where does the term come from?

Thanks for the help!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: racist #195257
12/26/02 08:08 PM
12/26/02 08:08 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Question?
In the movies they call people WET-BACKS?
What is a WET-BACK? and where do they come from?
Is it good or bad to be a wet-back?
Where does the term come from?
Thanks for the help!
Slang term for illegal alien. It is considered a racial slur. The term comes from a reference to Mexicans and Central Americans "getting wet" crossing the Rio Grande River.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: racist #195258
12/26/02 10:33 PM
12/26/02 10:33 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I wonder why it is considered a racial slur since it isn't a bad thing to enter this great land.

It doesn't seem bad. Or do the wetbacks just hate the term?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull