GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (3 invisible), 385 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,073
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,502
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gotti and Vincent the chin #194708
06/26/02 12:01 AM
06/26/02 12:01 AM
New Jersey
Kakingo Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kakingo  Offline OP
Wiseguy
New Jersey
I read on the post before that the Vincent the chin tried to whack Gotti is this true when and how did he try to do it and why didnt he?

Re: Gotti and Vincent the chin #194709
06/26/02 12:39 AM
06/26/02 12:39 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The origins of the dispute are murky, but The Chin dispatched Anthony "Gaspipe" Caso to bomb Gotti's car outside his social club. However, Gaspipe mistook Gotti's then consigliere, Frankie DiCicco, for The Dapper Don. Gaspipe detonated the bomb when Frankie got in the car. Killed the wrong guy. Apparently Gotti and Gigante made up afterward.
As you may know, The Chin was the guy who shot Frank Costello in 1957 at Vito Genovese's behest. The shot grazed Costello, barely injuring him but convincing him to retire.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gotti and Vincent the chin #194710
06/26/02 12:40 AM
06/26/02 12:40 AM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakingo:
I read on the post before that the Vincent the chin tried to whack Gotti is this true when and how did he try to do it and why didnt he?
Yes, he tried! Gigante's first attempt was the car bomb that killed Frank DeCicco. According to Gravano's book, two of members from the Gambino family conspired with Gigante to kill John Gotti and Frank DeCicco. But that day, John Gotti called Gravano and told him he was going to be late. Well, Frank DeCicco and another man (forgot who he was) went out to the car where Gigante had the bomb planted. The man with DeCicco looked like Gotti. The assasins were told that when they saw DeCicco and Gotti getting into the car, they needed to bomb the car. But when they did, the bomb killed DeCicco and the other man lived. This happened in the late '80s.

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: Gotti and Vincent the chin #194711
06/26/02 04:55 AM
06/26/02 04:55 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
And also bombs were practically outlawed by these criminals and with a car bomb explosion the Chin thought it would stop all traces getting back to him.

The Chin was a good freind of Castellano and wanted Gotti dead for Castellanos murder. He eventually settled for DiCiccos murder for Castellanos bodyguard Billoti murder. He still wanted Gotti dead though.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Gotti and Vincent the chin #194712
06/26/02 08:33 PM
06/26/02 08:33 PM
Joisey City, NJ
Fanucci Offline
Capo
Fanucci  Offline
Capo
Joisey City, NJ
There was another Genovese plot to kill Gotti but the planning discussions were picked up by FBI bugs planted in the ladies room of Cassellas resturant in Hoboken. They used the ladies room for top secret conferences thinking it was the most unlikely room to be bugged. Their standard line when a patron wanted to use the ladies room was "go piss in the street lady, were talkin here". This was a fairly upscale resturant. I would pass the place almost every day never suspecting the feds were watching and listening. Gotti was personally warned of the plot by FBI agents. At the same time the Cassellas surveilance was going on, the feds were watching another Genovese hangout in downtown Jersey City called the Village Coffee Shop. Now I didn't know this was a mob joint either. It was on my route to work and I would always catch the red light right in front of the place. One day I decided to run in real quick for a coffee to go. The place was almost empty except for two guys at a table in the corner. The guy at the counter, who looked like Don Rickles told me "we aint made the coffee yet" and I remember making some remark like "this is a coffee shop isn't it?", the guys at the table were staring, I left. A few weeks later I stopped in again and he charged me a dollar for a cup, pretty steep in those days so I gave up on the place. After that I would notice guys in short leather jackets going in or leaving in pairs and getting into Caddilacs. Another odd thing was there was a street construction project going in front of the place that never seemed to end. I never saw any work going on, just barricades and a large compressor, the kind you pull behind a truck, parked in front for at least a year. When the case hit the papers I learned that the surveilance equipment was hidden in the compressor.

Re: Gotti and Vincent the chin #194713
06/27/02 12:46 AM
06/27/02 12:46 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Very interesting story, Fanucci!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull