GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 381 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,066
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,366
Posts1,059,459
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A Question. #194335
05/18/02 09:03 PM
05/18/02 09:03 PM
Georgia
G
Godfather_MC Offline OP
Associate
Godfather_MC  Offline OP
G
Associate
Georgia
I was wondering... there isn't a mafia around anymore is there?.. No offense to black people or anything, but didnt the black majority start thinking they took over the mafia? Someone let me know please.

-Rob MC

Re: A Question. #194336
05/18/02 10:23 PM
05/18/02 10:23 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
FAI is this you under a different name?

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: A Question. #194337
05/19/02 12:32 AM
05/19/02 12:32 AM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Godfather_MC:
I was wondering... there isn't a mafia around anymore is there?.. No offense to black people or anything, but didnt the black majority start thinking they took over the mafia? Someone let me know please.

-Rob MC
Yes there still is a Mafia. They are not as strong as they were, but you never know with the mafia. The Mafia will more than likely make some kind of comeback. They are very resilient. Right now, the Mafia is not on the news too much, so things could be starting to go their way. Actually, the Mafia probably perfers to not be on the news all of the time. People have a misconception about them.

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: A Question. #194338
05/19/02 11:00 AM
05/19/02 11:00 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
[quote]Originally posted by Godfather_MC:
[b]I was wondering... there isn't a mafia around anymore is there?.. No offense to black people or anything, but didnt the black majority start thinking they took over the mafia? Someone let me know please.

-Rob MC
Yes there still is a Mafia. They are not as strong as they were, but you never know with the mafia. The Mafia will more than likely make some kind of comeback. They are very resilient. Right now, the Mafia is not on the news too much, so things could be starting to go their way. Actually, the Mafia probably perfers to not be on the news all of the time. People have a misconception about them.[/b][/quote]Also, other ethnics have seized parts of "organized crime." West Indian "posses" run drug-trafficking in many African-American neighborhoods. Russian mobs have grabbed many rackets, often using international connections to launder their money. Asian gangs (Hong Kong, Vietnamese, etc.) are very big in many cities.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: A Question. #194339
05/19/02 04:11 PM
05/19/02 04:11 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Yeah, but none of 'em has the class of the Mafia. Killing civilians and little kids in their "drive-by" (read: cowardly )shootings really pisses me off. Chris Rock made a good point regarding that. He said he thinks bullets should cost $5000 each. That way, these idiots would be a lot more cautious and hit the right target.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: A Question. #194340
05/19/02 05:28 PM
05/19/02 05:28 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
The Mafia does have more class than those gangs. At least, they do not kill children and civilians. Even though, both kill and I cannot begin on how horrible that is.
I've talked to some people who live in NYC and they say that things were better when the Mafia was stronger. I think I recall there being an article in a Boston newspaper with the heading, "Bring Back The Mafia." If I recall, it spoke about how things were when the Mafia was in charge and how the gangs were being controlled by them.

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: A Question. #194341
05/24/02 08:24 PM
05/24/02 08:24 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
Yeah, but none of 'em has the class of the Mafia. Killing civilians and little kids in their "drive-by" (read: cowardly )shootings really pisses me off. Chris Rock made a good point regarding that. He said he thinks bullets should cost $5000 each. That way, these idiots would be a lot more cautious and hit the right target.
The mafia are men of honour the 'others' I think, have no honour or morals

Re: A Question. #194342
05/24/02 08:53 PM
05/24/02 08:53 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
No gangs have honor or morals even the Mafia. Anyone who kills people for power or money have no honor or morals.

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: A Question. #194343
05/25/02 01:10 AM
05/25/02 01:10 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
That's accurate, Don Palentino, especially the "morals" part. But there is what's called the "honor among thieves." For example, child molesters have a rough time in prison because other cons tend to beat 'em to a pulp for their sins against children. "Honor" may or may not involve morals. It really rather focuses on adhering to what is deemed "right," or what is labeled "acceptable behavior." It all boils down to who is doing the defining. Situational ethics come into play with "honor."

As far as "morals" however, I don't believe that issue is quite so relative. But what's odd is even the mobsters would argue that they're morally upright. They sincerely believe that whacking a guy is not only acceptable but necessary, because they view themselves as soldiers in a war. As far as their "businesses" are concerned, they would argue that all they're doing is responding to the desires of the people they service. That's why Michael can sit in on his godson's baptism as his men whack the other dons and not bat an eye when the priest asks, "Michael, do you renounce Satan?"

Personally, I think their morals are zilch. If morals aren't absolute, then why should we bother with laws, courts, and police enforcement? Even the most primitive tribe in the deepest jungle has a code of morals (incest, for example, would demand the harshest penalty). And honor? You and I know that true-blue honor encompasses morals, integrity, etc. But, as I said, it could pass muster in certain contexts (just maybe not your context or mine). I certainly don't idolize real mobsters, and I don't believe what they do is right or morally acceptable. But I just said all this to demonstrate that in their own eyes, there is no contradiction. But I do believe it's their definition of what's honorable which sets them apart from the gangbangers, crackheads, Russian mobsters, Triads, etc., and gives them at least the appearance of some class.

Re: A Question. #194344
05/25/02 01:30 AM
05/25/02 01:30 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by Family Honour:
[quote]Originally posted by Snake:
[b]Yeah, but none of 'em has the class of the Mafia. Killing civilians and little kids in their "drive-by" (read: cowardly )shootings really pisses me off. Chris Rock made a good point regarding that. He said he thinks bullets should cost $5000 each. That way, these idiots would be a lot more cautious and hit the right target.
The mafia are men of honour the 'others' I think, have no honour or morals[/b][/quote]Very true. Plus the others as you put it just dont' care about anything, heck they don't even care about say a 20 year prison term. Cause where they came from, a 20 prison term is a piece of cake.

I miss the old Mafia. But never count them out.

Re: A Question. #194345
05/25/02 04:10 PM
05/25/02 04:10 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
[quote]Originally posted by Family Honour:
[b] [quote]
The mafia are men of honour the 'others' I think, have no honour or morals[/b][/quote]Very true. Plus the others as you put it just dont' care about anything, heck they don't even care about say a 20 year prison term. Cause where they came from, a 20 prison term is a piece of cake.

I miss the old Mafia. But never count them out.[/QB][/quote]Glad to see you understood where I was at Iceman, I dont condone gangs and drug runners etc etc,and certainly not any child molesters (where did that come from anyway Snake?)At one time, there was honour amongst thieves and a code of conduct that didnt include harm to 'civilians' now, my point is, there is no code of anything it's all a free for all

Re: A Question. #194346
05/25/02 10:05 PM
05/25/02 10:05 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
That was my point exactly, Family Honour. The "molesters" reference was to illustrate that how even in prison among what we generalize as a jail full of scum, there are varying degrees of what's acceptable and what's not among the inmate population (hence, "honor among thieves"). It's pretty common knowledge that child molesters or those who have killed or otherwise harmed children are -- as a rule -- looked upon with disgust by the rest of the inmates, and in fact are deliberately targeted for harm. Likewise, some generalize the Mafia and throw them in the same categorey as gangbangers, crackheads, pimps, etc., when in fact they are (in this context) more "honorable." That's what I meant...I just took the long way around the barn to get there!

Re: A Question. #194347
05/26/02 05:13 PM
05/26/02 05:13 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Snake I agree with you. And don't you think too, that one reason the mafia stayed in power as long as it did (in it's prime), was because the higher ups in the mob were intelligent men who thought their moves out very carefully. Unlike people who do drive-bys, crackheads pimps, etc., for the most part, they would never or seldom whack someone on impulse"!! They planned a stragedy, and follow it thru. Murder is murder, and of course that can never be condoned, but these people were NOT stupid.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: A Question. #194348
05/27/02 03:31 AM
05/27/02 03:31 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
most of the people liked it when the Mafia's are still active in their place. they feel secured, no robbers, rapist etc . . . no need to call the police. Mafia's will take care of them. the people are very cooperative with them, when the police came and ask who did this, who did that?(to the robbers or rapist) people keep their mouth shut.

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: A Question. #194349
05/27/02 02:23 PM
05/27/02 02:23 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
I was watching a show and they said that while the Mafia was in charge in New York, people would walk around at night with no fear. People were not afraid of getting mugged because there were less muggers. Most of the gangs were afraid of the Mafia.

People can change!
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: A Question. #194350
05/27/02 02:37 PM
05/27/02 02:37 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Leaders of Families as of 1999
Joe Torado-Buffalo (Maggadino family)
John DiFronzo-Chicago (Outfit)
Joe Losse Iaccobacci-Cleveland (Lonardo Family)
Jack Tocco-Detroit (Zerilli Family)
Tony Civella-Kansas City (Civella Family)
Peter Milano-LA (Dragna Family)
Joe Camminiti-Milwaukee (Balistrieri Family)
Luigi Minocchio-New England (Patriarca Family)
John D'Elia-Scranton, PA (Volpe Family)
Frank Natale-Philadelphia (Scarfo Family)
Lenny Strollo-Pittsburgh (LaRocca Family)
Skinny Velotta-San Fancisco (Lanza Family)
Salvatore Marino-San Jose (Cerrito Family)
Vincent LoScalzo-Tampa (Trafficante Family)
John Junior Gotti-NY (Gambino Family)
Dominick Cirillo-NY (Genovese Family)
Steve DeFede-NY (Lucchese Family)
Joey Massino-NY (Bonanno Family)
Jackie D'Amico-NJ (Provenanzo Family)

Extinct Families
Joe Civello-Dallas 1978
Clarence Smaldone-Denver 1984
Carlo Caputo (Deceased)-Madison,WI 1993
Carlos Marcello (Deceased)- New Orleans 1994

Last Known Leaders of Families
Angelo Amico-Rochester, NY 1991