GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 396 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,516
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194035
04/02/02 12:52 AM
04/02/02 12:52 AM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
My favorites are:
John Gotti (although not the greatest boss of all time!)
Lucky Luciano(one of the greatest bosses of all-time!)
Frank Costello
Benjamin Siegel
Meyer Lansky
Carlo Gambino

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194036
04/02/02 02:09 AM
04/02/02 02:09 AM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
I wasn't sure whether to put it in the Real Life section or General. I've heard of him! I like the mobsters from the early-mid 1900's. Gotti is the only exception.

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194037
04/02/02 03:31 PM
04/02/02 03:31 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
my favorites are...
Jimmy "The Gent" Burke
Al Capone
Bugsy Siegel
Meyer Lansky

--------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194038
04/02/02 08:47 PM
04/02/02 08:47 PM
Joisey City, NJ
Fanucci Offline
Capo
Fanucci  Offline
Capo
Joisey City, NJ
I wouldn't say Joe Columbo is my favorite but for a mob boss, he put on a hell of a media show with his anti defamation ralleys. Gotti never came close. Ya gotta love it.

Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194039
04/02/02 09:27 PM
04/02/02 09:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
None of them is a "favorite" of mine, but some were more successful in their time. I'd say:
--Lepke Buchalter probably was the wealthiest individual and the most powerful within his sphere of influence--apparel trades, trucking, union and other labor rackets of all kinds. He was said to be pulling in $300M/year in the mid-'30s, and was so big and pervasive that the Justice Dept. filed an antitrust suit against him under the Sherman Act for operating "a conspiracy in restraint of trade"--a legal remedy previously used against Robber Barons like J.P.Morgan, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, etc. Of course, he came to a bad end: death in the electric chair, not a very successful climax to his career; and that was after spending two years on the lam.
--Meyer Lansky was a major power (arguably the major power) in gambling in his time. He had vast influence with Mafia Dons all over the country, and real political power in Cuba and Las Vegas. Though arrested numerous times, he served only one short jail sentence in the early '50's, and died peaceably at age 81. But his biographer, Robert Lacey, says Lansky never had the money he was rumored to have: "He was the accountant, not the boss."
--I guess my nod would go to Carlo Gambino, a real .90 caliber pezzanovante, head of the largest Mafia family in America. Often arrested, never served any jail sentence. Lived modestly, never showed anything but a totally enigmatic visage, yet a simple look or nod from him was life and death to many. Truly, the iron fist in the velvet glove.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194040
04/02/02 09:40 PM
04/02/02 09:40 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
My favorits are John Gotti, Lucky luciano, Thomas "Three Finger Brown" Lucchese, Frank Costello, and "The Mad Hatter".

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194041
04/03/02 12:45 AM
04/03/02 12:45 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Oh man tough question. But a good one nonetheless.

In no order.

John Gotti
Al Capone(obviously since it's my avatar. LOL)
Anthony(joe batters)Accardo
Carlo Gambino
Lucky Luciano
Frank Costello
Meyer Lansky
Benjamin(bugsy)Siegel

Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194042
04/03/02 01:12 AM
04/03/02 01:12 AM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
I like "The Mad Hatter" too. The only thing is that he scares. I mean, he was respondsible for 700 to 1,000 murders. Now that scares me. After watching, A Bronx Tale, it got me thinking. What if Anastasia wasn't killed? Since Gotti looked up to him, Anastasia could have convinced him not to be a gangster. The only thing about that is even though Gotti never spoke to Anastasia, Anastasia had one of his guys watch over Gotti for him. So I do not know if Anastasia would have tried to stop him or even if he could.
I like Costello because he was almost killed by Gigante. He did not tell the cops it was him, although he knew it was Gigante who tried to kill him. Also I saw a picture of him in a book, that showed his reaction after he was almost killed, and he looked like he just did not care. He even had politicians wrapped around his finger. Now that's impressive.
Luciano is the one who organized the so-called "Mafia" to what it is today.(Even though I do not think he would be too happy about how it is right now. ) Also some of the things he said were "enlighting." Like the quote about how people can be bought. The fact that he had a 30 year sentence and got out of it. He was one of the greatest "Mafia" bosses. There will never be another Lucky Luciano!
John Gotti is not the greatest Mob boss, but I like him. I like Gotti because there is something about his personality that is hard not to like. I know many people will disagree with me, and I respect that. It's their opinion. I hope they respect mine too. I liked that he calls people his "public". :rolleyes: He's one of the people who made me care about the "Mafia." He made me care about what happens to them. It's strange! Don't get me wrong, I do not condone what he has done, but I believe all people have good in them. Sometimes people can change. Unless that person is Gravano, then it's virtually impossible. I'm not going to get started on Gravano. I'll do another post on that, not when I'm talking about my favorites.

People can change!
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194043
04/03/02 01:55 PM
04/03/02 01:55 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Although Gotti is definately not one of my favourites I think you're right Jade. He does have that certain quality thats likeable about him. As a boss he was mook, far too cocky. But as street he was alright apart from far too many drug dealings. But as a person, he's funny, he's got that charm.

One of my favourites would have easily have been Gravano until the obvious ratting out. Until then he probably was one of the best earners i've known. A smart gangster business man.

I have no real favourite I suppose, but I liked Dellacroce, keeping it 'oldskool' and also keeping Gotti under control. Big Paulie, if he gained the respect off the street he could have easily still be going strong today. A very good business man. If only he'd have watched A Bronx Tale or read some of Machiavelli's work......

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194044
04/03/02 02:19 PM
04/03/02 02:19 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
What if Anastasia wasn't killed? Since Gotti looked up to him, Anastasia could have convinced him not to be a gangster. The only thing about that is even though Gotti never spoke to Anastasia, Anastasia had one of his guys watch over Gotti for him. So I do not know if Anastasia would have tried to stop him or even if he could.
Huh????

Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194045
04/03/02 02:49 PM
04/03/02 02:49 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline OP
Made Member
Jade  Offline OP
Made Member
Georgia
SC, I was up late and that was probably me rambling on and on. I guess what I was asking, was if Anastasia would have met Gotti, would he have tried to convince Gotti not to become a gangster? I hope that clears the question up. Kind of like how Sonny convinces C out of becoming a gangster in A Bronx Tale.

Turi Giuliano although I like Gotti, you are right about him being cocky. Gotti is one of those people who (although they are not a great boss) still makes you like them. A few months ago when I was not into all of this "Mafia" stuff, I did not like Gotti. Back in 2000 when I read some special section on the Mob in some magazine, I could not stand Gotti or the "Mafia." When I started reading more about them a few months ago, I started to like some of the people in the "Mafia." Gotti was one of the people whose personality just stuck out among the rest. I do not agree with what they do, but some of the people are likable and respectable. So my whole opinion about the "Mafia" has changed. I used to be such an innocent kid too.

People can change!
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194046
04/04/02 01:38 PM
04/04/02 01:38 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
I agree w/turi,between sam gravano and paul castellano the two had every business deal going
it has been reported that the gambinos' were taking in over 500$million a year under paul.
I also liked capone as far as business goes,during his time of power capone was making
more money a day then any corp.in the free world
even thought about making.

Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194047
04/04/02 04:25 PM
04/04/02 04:25 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Sam Giancana. Few had his influence and power.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194048
04/10/02 06:42 PM
04/10/02 06:42 PM
Georgia
FORGET ABOUT IT Offline
Button
FORGET ABOUT IT  Offline
Button
Georgia
My favorites are:
Mr. Gotti
Mr. Anastasia
Al Capone
Carlo Gambino
Gotti Jr.

FORGET ABOUT It!!!
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194049
04/10/02 06:46 PM
04/10/02 06:46 PM
Georgia
FORGET ABOUT IT Offline
Button
FORGET ABOUT IT  Offline
Button
Georgia
I forgot to put Luciano and Benjamin Siegel.Capone is a bad man. I guess that doesn't matter.

FORGET ABOUT It!!!
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194050
04/10/02 07:04 PM
04/10/02 07:04 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by FORGET ABOUT IT:
Capone is a bad man.
Due all the respects, but i think they are all bad men...

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is userfriendly. It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194051
04/10/02 09:39 PM
04/10/02 09:39 PM
Indiana
D
Don Munoz Offline
Button
Don Munoz  Offline
D
Button
Indiana
Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero. He wasn't a Don, hell, he wasnt even a capo, but he honored the law of omerta. That is one of the most important things in being in the Mafia. He did his prison term, didn't rat to anyone to reduce it, and he didn't sell out to the movie producers for Donnie Brasco(Great movie by the way) when they offered him money to appear in ads for the movie. He was, in my opinion, a true mafioso .

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
- Al Capone (1899-1947)
Re: Who is your favorite gangster/racketeer? #194052
04/10/02 11:45 PM
04/10/02 11:45 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by FORGET ABOUT IT:

Gotti Jr.
With all due respect, I don't want to flame you or anything but why Gotti Jr.?

To me he's too stupid to be a boss/acting boss.

He looks like a thug and that's all.

I've noticed some members have mentioned Sam Giancana.

For some reason I've never liked him, and it didn't bother me that he got whacked the way he did. I've always preffered Anthony Accardo over Sam Giancana. Oh well that's just me I guess.

I forgot to add,
Don Munoz, I love your sig.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull