GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 269 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Contracts #193456
11/09/01 03:44 PM
11/09/01 03:44 PM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
I heard that Henry Hill (The guy from Wiseguy and Goodfellas) had a contract put on his head.....Does anyone know if it is true and how much it is if it is true?

I also read in The Rise and Fall of The Gambino Crime Family that some agents went to The Pope Paul Castellano and convinced him to remove the contract put on Joe Pistone (Donnie Brasco), but when I was watching the movie, I think I read that the contract still exists.....Did Big Paulie re-instate the contract after he vetoed it? Or Did Gotti did that after getting rid of Paulie? I dropped the book before the end and I'm not sure if it mentions any thing about that contract.....

BTW, does anyone know if those contracts are adjusted against inflation? I know I sound ridiculous, but $500,000 (USD) in the early 1980s is worth more than $500,000 (USD) now.....So if the contract on Pistone still exists, and someone kills him, will the hitman receive only half a million? or will that be adjusted??????

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Contracts #193457
11/09/01 04:01 PM
11/09/01 04:01 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT-

if paul had admitted that there was a contract then that means he would be admitting that there was a (cosa nostra)and that he is a member,we all
know that there is no such thing,henry hill is free to roam the streets as he pleases,but that does not mean some half-assed wiseguy does not whack him out just to make his bones,as far as pistone,i never heard about this 500,ooo.oo other
then pistone saying it or reading about it in books.you got somethin'goin'on,maybe we can split
the cash for this peice of work.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: eddietheplumber ]

Re: Contracts #193458
11/09/01 04:07 PM
11/09/01 04:07 PM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by eddietheplumber:
WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT-

if paul had admitted that there was a contract then that means he would be admitting that there was a (cosa nostra)and that he is a member,we all
know that there is no such thing...

I don't know where the author got it from, but I'm sure I read it.....Maybe he got it from the agents who spoke to Paulie (I remember it saying something about ignoring Paulie's role in something if he can lift the contract on pistone...or something along these lines)......Anyway, I'll check the book again...

Plan? who me? ".....we're not murderers, despite what that undertaker thinks....." (wicked smile)

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: Contracts #193459
11/09/01 04:14 PM
11/09/01 04:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

Because of Pistone, Sonny Red, Sonny Black, and another man of honor was killed. 100 of our friends were also locked away, many for life. And you're telling me this cazzu is still alive, living with his high school sweetheart? Gesu Cristo! Where is Casso when you need him?

Re: Contracts #193460
11/09/01 04:26 PM
11/09/01 04:26 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
SONNY-the fbi did approach big paul(not paulie)but
paul gave them the answer i gave you,if he had agreed to take care of that problem he would be guilty of a conspiracy to commit murder,covered under the lovely rico act.

Re: Contracts #193461
11/09/01 04:33 PM
11/09/01 04:33 PM
Pittsburgh
L
Liz Skywalker Offline
Underboss
Liz Skywalker  Offline
L
Underboss
Pittsburgh
AFAIK, they're both alive and kicking. Whether he got rid of it or not...eh? does it matter? ppl'll try to kill them anyway if they want. removing a contract won't stop that.

adjusting for inflation? depends who's paying the bounty.

"Bacio tua mano."

"But...it was so artistically done."
Re: Contracts #193462
11/15/01 03:21 PM
11/15/01 03:21 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
'Donnie's' Show of Brass

The Mafia missed a wonderful opportunity the other night to close the books on that $500,000 contract they've allegedly placed on the head of Joe Pistone, the former FBI agent who inspired the film "Donnie Brasco."

Pistone swaggered into Prof. Richard Brown's renowned film class last Wednesday night and chewed the fat with a riveted audience of 450 people. And so much for choosing an inconspicuous spot: Brown's class is held in the movie theater within the Virgin Megastore — smack dab in the middle of Broadway, where the heat from the neon lights alone could have melted off Pistone's fake mustache and unglued his rug.

Pistone's appearance was a complete surprise to everyone in the house. He was brought there by "Donnie Brasco" producer Lou DiGiaimo and introduced as "Sam" to everybody. But late in the lecture, Pistone decided he wanted to speak. "First we gasped because we were thrilled," Brown told us. "But then we were terrified, thinking we might be in the middle of a mob hit."

Thankfully, the night didn't end on that note. But the class did get a dose of Pistone's bravado in the face of threats he says he receives to this day. Pistone told the class he answered the latest threat by phoning the mobster back and saying, "If one of the hairs on my daughter's head is hurt or if my wife is injured, I will murder you myself."

Pistone also mentioned that he still misses the "high" of working undercover and does not think too often of that half-mil contract on his head. "If they think they're better than me and they can get me before I get them," he said, "let them take their best shot."

And that brings us to this alleged contract on Pistone's head. Some sources say that story was put out to hype the movie, and they may be right. Film sources have told us that several "made" men were on the set on a daily basis, acting as technical advisers right alongside Pistone.

In fact, how scared could Pistone be when he has a small part in the film? He appears in the scene on the Abscam boat and delivers one line, "Mr. Trafficante is leaving now." And, yes, he wears a hat and sunglasses.

Re: Contracts #193463
11/15/01 04:03 PM
11/15/01 04:03 PM
S
Sonny Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny  Offline OP
S
Underboss
He might have had (and may still have) brass, but I really doubt his brains...

"..I'll muder you myself....." Hah "...never let anyone know what you're thinking again..." (Vito Corleone).....You know I always wondered, why did/do they use those very interesting lines in the movies/books if those lines didn't really make a good case for usage.....

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull