GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (mobcleve), 235 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193328
01/02/02 06:13 PM
01/02/02 06:13 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
You said the right words Apple, by the way, i prefer a club soda if you don't mind.

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is userfriendly. It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193329
01/02/02 06:27 PM
01/02/02 06:27 PM
Anaheim Hills
Francis The Kid Forducci Offline
Capo
Francis The Kid Forducci  Offline
Capo
Anaheim Hills
How did this turn into a post about me? It was about Salvatore Riina, which Sonny and AppleOnYa know nothing about. I am hating a murderer, and I'm being insulted. Sonny, I hate Riina because he ruined my mother's homeland. I have my reasons. But at least Don Michel has the balls to say where he lives. Unlike you who is scared someone is going to track you down. What a paranoid loser. I remember KO wanted to have a "Who's Online" feature and you didn't want it cause you wanted privacy. , what a goof.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny:
I don't think so...sometimes I feel like saying nothing about a certain topic, even if I was asked to comment....and I honestly don't prefer to let people know of my presence unless I have to (when I make posts), I'm not a fan of unsolicited or unavoidable chatting (most of the time).....

Your hilarious. You're that uptight about your privacy to a message board. Geez, you should be a comedian. "I'm bloody scared, that bloody people are going to see what bloody posts I'm looking at. I bloody, dont bloody like bloody it, mate."

"I had a whole different destiny planned." -Michael Corleone
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193330
01/02/02 06:36 PM
01/02/02 06:36 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Francis The Kid Forducci:
Your hilarious. You're that uptight about your privacy to a message board. Geez, you should be a comedian. "I'm bloody scared, that bloody people are going to see what bloody posts I'm looking at. I bloody, dont bloody like bloody it, mate."

It would be a very wise decision if you stop this silly conversation. Don't push it.

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is userfriendly. It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193331
01/02/02 07:02 PM
01/02/02 07:02 PM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
Quote:

"I'm bloody scared, that bloody people are going to see what bloody posts I'm looking at. I bloody, dont bloody like bloody it, mate."

Do you get some sort of rise out of using that word "bloody?"

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193332
01/02/02 07:25 PM
01/02/02 07:25 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Quote:
Sonny, I hate Riina because he ruined my mother's homeland. I have my reasons. But at least Don Michel has the balls to say where he lives. Unlike you who is scared someone is going to track you down. What a paranoid loser. I remember KO wanted to have a "Who's Online" feature and you didn't want it cause you wanted privacy. , what a goof.

How many times are you going to personally attack people? You saw what I wrote about "Tough Guys" You have to laugh at people and call them goofs or losers all the time. Please for fucks sake stop it. Use the private message function. You always seem to have to go through old posts and find other quotes what people have said to insult other people further.

Well done. You must be proud.

It's gone too far.

Oh and PS: If anyone thinks this has nothing to do with me, think again, this is a public message board. I'd rather be reading posts based on opinions with facts backing them up rather than personal attacks. I've put up with it for long enough, but it's seriously gone too far now.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193333
01/02/02 08:00 PM
01/02/02 08:00 PM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
Turi, I couldn't agree with you more. In no way do I mean to overstep my bounds here, but I seriously wonder why a couple members(no names)are still in fact members to this board, when most all they do is insult other members and make posts simply to piss off another member. Through the history of this UBB and even the previous one, we have always had troublesome members now and then, but now the personal attacks and insults are playing a much greater role than they should be. So I(and I believe many other members share my feelings on this), believe that the appropriate measures need to be taken to take care of this ongoing problem which we are all very sick of.

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster." - Henry Hill
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193334
01/03/02 12:54 PM
01/03/02 12:54 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
The Great Sonny is a moron. What an idiot!

Unacceptable!

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193335
01/03/02 12:59 PM
01/03/02 12:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
PS: I THINK THAT I CAN MAKE A VERY GOOD CASE AS TO WHO THE [b]REAL IDIOT/MORON/STUPID/SICK IS...SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY GETTING SMARTER AND MORE MATURE WHEN YOU TALK TO OTHERS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO CAN MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL USING PURE LOGIC AND YOUR OWN WORDS....

PS (Moderators): Is that the peace you have mentioned???? Someone calls members stupid/idiot/moron and you want me to tolerate such a behaviour ???

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Sonny ] [/b]

I wasn't following this thread, sorry, but it was just pointed out to me. Feuds and personal attacks DO NOT belong on this board. Take it to Private Messages or email if the temptation is too much to ignore, please! And I know who the instigator is, and as I continue down this thread, it may be apparent that a suspension is necessary...

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193336
01/03/02 01:01 PM
01/03/02 01:01 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
What a paranoid loser.

Strike #2

Francis, if you so much as fart too loud, you're gonna have a short vacation from this board. Time and again, while yes, others may get sucked into your little feuds, you have instigated 99% of them. Sorry, bud, but that's how I and most others see it. I think a change of attitude or a vacation is in order. Stop the personal attacks on the public board!!!!

Last warning.

JG

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: J Geoff ]

Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193337
01/04/02 03:32 AM
01/04/02 03:32 AM
Colorado
D
Don Liguito Offline
Button
Don Liguito  Offline
D
Button
Colorado
My friends the greatest don is a man by the name of Carlo Gambino followed by al capone the Vito Genovese then Albert Anastasia. Actually 2 3 4 are all a toss up anyone could take any place. Vito Genovese can be 2 so could Albert Anastasia. But Carlo is the greatest Don.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: J Geoff ]

"People love me! My men think I'm Jesus Christ!"
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193338
01/04/02 03:53 AM
01/04/02 03:53 AM
Indiana
Neri Offline
Capo
Neri  Offline
Capo
Indiana
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Liguito:
And xxxxxx is a moron.

My God, did you even read anything that JGeoff just said? If you had trouble finding it, it's in bold, right above your post.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: J Geoff ]

Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193339
01/04/02 07:01 AM
01/04/02 07:01 AM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Neri:

My God, did you even read anything that JGeoff just said? If you had trouble finding it, it's in bold, right above your post.

I think that ignoring such postings will be the best remedy.

Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193340
01/04/02 01:21 PM
01/04/02 01:21 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Neri:

Don Liguito is also on the verge of a vacation as well if he continues talking about other members like he had before I edited it out.

JG

Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193341
01/04/02 03:24 PM
01/04/02 03:24 PM
Anaheim Hills
Francis The Kid Forducci Offline
Capo
Francis The Kid Forducci  Offline
Capo
Anaheim Hills
Forget about it Liggy. The Don can do what he wants around here. It's his board. Don Malta you said that I was the instigator of the fueds, yet Sonny was the one who started it again. Look at this. I made a post about how I just became a Capo and some people weren't going to like it. It was a joke. Then Sonny posted this

This isn't insulting.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder why

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If thats not insulting, then I don't know what is. He is the insigator, not me! But I'll be the bigger man and stop this bloody fued . Grazie Don Malta.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Francis The Kid Forducci ]

"I had a whole different destiny planned." -Michael Corleone
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193342
01/04/02 08:34 PM
01/04/02 08:34 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
But I'll be the bigger man and stop this bloody fued

Grazie :rolleyes:

JG

Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193343
01/08/02 10:24 PM
01/08/02 10:24 PM
Brooklyn,NY.
T
Tyler Durden Offline
Capo
Tyler Durden  Offline
T
Capo
Brooklyn,NY.
I think Capone was the one of the most ruthless mob leaders cuz he just didnt give a damn... he set way for many others also.

Tony Montana

First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, when someone say "stop" or goes limp, the fight is over. Fourth rule of Fight Club, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule of Fight Club, one fight at a time. Sixth rule of Fight Club, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule of Fight Club, fights go on as long as they have to. Eighth and final rule of Fight Club if this is your first night at Fight Club you have to fight.
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193344
01/19/02 10:25 AM
01/19/02 10:25 AM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
I would have to say carlo gambino he was very smart and he was low key. he rarely ever fucked up. Then i would have to say Vito Genovesse(sp??)
another low key guy. Then Alphonse "ScarFace" Capone this guy not low key but very famouse.

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193345
02/15/02 08:14 PM
02/15/02 08:14 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
I vote for Al Capone. Just loot at the records of his reputation back then. Chicago will always be known for mafia hoods.

"Life is so beatiful" - Don Vito in The Godfather novel
"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193346
02/16/02 09:42 PM
02/16/02 09:42 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Well, we're all entitled to our definitions of "great." But Capone, while he deserves credit for creating a huge business in Chicago and acquiring major political power, screwed up big-time. We all know his story, but it ended with him spending 10 years in prison, and losing his mind to syphillis. According to John Kobler, one of his biographers, he could have settled his tax beef with the government painlessly but wasn't smart enough to take the opporunity when it was presented. And one of his doctors suspected syphillis early on, when it might have been controlled, but Capone turned down a spinal tap because he was afraid of needles. Lawrence Bergreen, another of his biographers, believes Al was a heavy drug user.
I go with Frank Costello and Carlo Gambino, both of whom were the most powerful Mob leaders of their time, and both of whom died peacefully. Frank served only a little time on a minor rap; Carlo never saw the inside of a prison.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who was the Greatest Don? #193347
02/17/02 02:04 AM
02/17/02 02:04 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Thanks for pointing that out, Rusty. 'Tis true, I said Gambino "never saw the inside of a jail," and in fact he did, not only for the Apalachin bust, but once (maybe more times) when the government tried to deport him. I should have said that he was never convicted of anything (the Apalachin contempt citations eventually were vacated.
Speaking of Apalachin: Joe Bonanno, crafty fellow, didn't attend that famous meeting. He stayed nearby, and sent his second in command, Gaspar di Gregorio. Problem was, Joe had taken a long vacation in Italy prior to the Apalachin meeting. Before leaving for Italy, he left his driver's licence with Gaspar for Gaspar to renew. Gaspar stuck it in his wallet and forgot all about it. When the Staties pinched Gaspar at Apalachin, they confiscated his wallet, and reported that "Joseph Bonanno" was one of those arrested. I guess di Gregorio was the subject of the joke about the guy who was drummed out of the Mafia for stupidity--they sent him to blow up a car, he burned his lips on the tailpipe.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull