GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 172 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,305
Posts1,058,285
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? #634934
02/14/12 08:41 PM
02/14/12 08:41 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Fox's Liz Trotta On Sexual Assault In Military: "What Did They Expect? These People Are In Close Contact"

Quote:
During a segment about new rules regarding women in the military, Fox News contributor Liz Trotta attacked the Department of Defense for increasing spending on support programs for victims of sexual assault. Trotta also reacted to a Pentagon report showing a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults since 2006 by stating: "Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact."

Trotta began by claiming "we have women once more, the feminist, going, wanting to be warriors and victims at the same time" and later added that feminists "have also directed them, really, to spend a lot of money. They have sexual counselors all over the place, victims' advocates, sexual response coordinators. ... you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much."

When Fox News anchor Eric Shawn said that "many would say that they need to be protected," Trotta replied: "That's funny, I thought the mission of the" armed forces "was to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201202120002

panic

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634937
02/14/12 09:18 PM
02/14/12 09:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Media matters? Pffft.

Women in the military certainly shouldn't "expect" to get raped. But the ongoing efforts to integrate them more and more in the military (specifically closer to combat, on subs, etc.) is nothing but PC-driven horseshit.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: IvyLeague] #634942
02/14/12 09:27 PM
02/14/12 09:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Media matters? Pffft.

Women in the military certainly shouldn't "expect" to get raped. But the ongoing efforts to integrate them more and more in the military (specifically closer to combat, on subs, etc.) is nothing but PC-driven horseshit.

Because women haven't been in "combat" in the last decade? Pfft.

I would call it trying to codify the bureaucracy with reality.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/14/12 09:28 PM.
Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634943
02/14/12 09:30 PM
02/14/12 09:30 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Because women haven't been in "combat" in the last decade? Pfft.

I would call it trying to codify the bureaucracy with reality.

Not on the same level as men. And that's the problem. The idea that, to be equal, women have to be looked as the same as men. That is certainly not reality.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634951
02/15/12 12:22 AM
02/15/12 12:22 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
As much as I usually disagree with her (more like passionately disagree), I liked what Jennifer Rubin wrote recently:

Quote:
"[P]residential candidates tend to be a generation (or two) beyond the millennial generation and therefore reflect where the party has been on many social issues, not where it is going. Does anyone believe that we are going to stop and reverse the progress of women moving into combat roles in the military? It’s almost as nonsensical as arguing that after going through the task of retraining and adapting to the abolition of 'don’t ask, don’t tell' that we would turn around, root out gays already serving and reverse recruiting and other practices. At some point ideology collides with reality,"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/righ...prss=right-turn

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634955
02/15/12 03:17 AM
02/15/12 03:17 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The issue here, at least for me, isn't what has happened or what will happen. It's what should happen vs. what should not happen.

It says something about a society when it looks at women serving in direct combat as a good thing. When what makes a woman a woman takes a back seat in the name of politically correct ideology.

It's not reality that caused women to serve closer to combat after centuries of them not doing so. A certain ideology got that started. It's not reality that is pushing for them to serve on submarines. A certain ideology is behind that.

However, there is a reason why women are not required to sign up for the selective service. There is a reason why women are not allowed in the special forces. It's because men and women are manifestly different. No matter how much the liberal, progressive, feminist, bullshitters want to pretend otherwise. Most women, even those in the military, can't carry their own weight. Is one of them going to carry a larger, male soldier off the battlefield?

Ultimately this is part of the same sick thinking that turns something wrong into something good. It's not killing a child. It's a woman exercising her "right" to choose. It's not the whole concept of marriage being twisted around. It's two men/two women exercising their "right" to marry.

Truly, what "this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace."

Rant over.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/15/12 03:54 AM.

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635311
02/17/12 06:28 AM
02/17/12 06:28 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It was a stupid ugly thing for Trotta to say. She has a history of saying stupid ugly things.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635354
02/17/12 01:56 PM
02/17/12 01:56 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I watch Fox on Sunday mornings and I've listened to Trotta many times. I can almost predict what she is going to say each sunday. I was watching this past Sunday when she stated, among other things as quoted above, "...who are now being raped too much."

Essentially, what she and Ivy (above) are claiming is that since the integration of males and females in all aspects of military service is a challenge, it should not be attempted. What alegacy for America; not accepting challenges.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: olivant] #635393
02/17/12 08:05 PM
02/17/12 08:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: olivant

Essentially, what she and Ivy (above) are claiming is that since the integration of males and females in all aspects of military service is a challenge, it should not be attempted. What alegacy for America; not accepting challenges.

Uh...I'm not saying it shouldn't be done because it's a challenge. I'm saying women shouldn't be in combat positions because it isn't right or practical.

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: IvyLeague] #635399
02/17/12 09:17 PM
02/17/12 09:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Uh...I'm not saying it shouldn't be done because it's a challenge. I'm saying women shouldn't be in combat positions because it isn't right or practical.

"right"? A moral observation? "practical"? You might want to solicit the Israeli armed forces opinion about its experience with women in all aspects of Israeli military activity.

Nevertheless, women serving in all aspects of US military activity is still a challenge.

Last edited by olivant; 02/17/12 09:19 PM.

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: olivant] #635403
02/17/12 09:38 PM
02/17/12 09:38 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

"right"? A moral observation?

Indeed

Quote:
"practical"? You might want to solicit the Israeli armed forces opinion about its experience with women in all aspects of Israeli military activity.

Israel is a special case, considering the fact it's a small country surrounded by it's enemies. If it comes to ultimate survival, as is the case with the Israelis, that's one thing.

There is nothing like that as far as the U.S. goes. If women were a practical necessity, not only would they have been involved far more in the past, they'd also be required to sign up for selective service.

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635471
02/18/12 05:59 PM
02/18/12 05:59 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Raping , Hazing, and this type of behavior in the military forces ! Is not only sick, disturbing, shameful, and shows what type of IDIOT's that are in now days !

To the Good Men and Women, that serve which, ARE, many they should kick the living shit out these worthless , slimebag MF's that are doing these violations ! Anyone that stands down and let this behavior go on are also dirt bags to the highest degree ! Should be kicked out , after Military Court and serve time.

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: IvyLeague] #635538
02/19/12 12:42 PM
02/19/12 12:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

"right"? A moral observation?

Indeed

Quote:
"practical"? You might want to solicit the Israeli armed forces opinion about its experience with women in all aspects of Israeli military activity.

Israel is a special case, considering the fact it's a small country surrounded by it's enemies. If it comes to ultimate survival, as is the case with the Israelis, that's one thing.

There is nothing like that as far as the U.S. goes. If women were a practical necessity, not only would they have been involved far more in the past, they'd also be required to sign up for selective service.

I see. So practicality is a function of exigent circumstances or misogyny? And morality is gender dependent?

Last edited by olivant; 02/19/12 12:43 PM.

Re: Should Military Women "expect" to get raped? [Re: olivant] #635616
02/19/12 06:39 PM
02/19/12 06:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I see. So practicality is a function of exigent circumstances or misogyny? And morality is gender dependent?

Recognizing the fact that men and women, while inherently equal, are, nevertheless, different, doesn't make one a misogynist.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull