GangsterBB.NET

Mario Puzo’s The Godfather, Coda:
The Death of Michael Corleone (Blu-ray + Digital)

GF3 restored, with a new beginning and ending,
as well as changes to scenes, shots, and music cues!
NEW -- Order Now!

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 53 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Gina's Artroom
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website

>MobPosters.com
>Puzo Amazon Store
>Ebay: Godfather
>Ebay: Scarface

>Live Chatroom
A word from our sponsors...

Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
Defendant Digest, pillsdr0p, Vongole, RhodeIslandRed35, Sidney
10034 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 57,739
DE NIRO 44,820
J Geoff 31,102
pizzaboy 23,293
SC 22,902
Mignon 19,066
Turnbull 18,699
Don Cardi 18,237
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
olivant 14,910
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics39,129
Posts981,983
Members10,034
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Organized Crime - Real Life
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Balaclava777
Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
I would say its a bit unrealistically harsh to criticize Corallo and Avellino over the Jag tapes. We've all seen the multiple documentaries on how that was done and it was an incredible job by the FBI - who would really think the FBI would get a bug into your car back then? Hindsight is 20/20.

It's like saying America should have known 9/11 was going to happen. In hindsight perhaps all the signs were there, but until it happens its just an outrageous idea.

Those guys had to talk somewhere, and out of anywhere you could be talking why not your own car?

I agree with the other previous post; once you're marked by the gov't they're going to get you by hook or by crook.

Originally Posted by Tonytough
Everyone slates Gotti and his big mouth but weren’t Bobby Manna and his guys equally as stupid if not more.

I remember this from years ago but was reading one of the books which prompted my memory, they were discussing the plot to murder John and Gene and were not even talking in code- they even referred to Gotti by his full name (most mobsters would at least use a nickname) ie Scarfo referred to Bruno as lefty etc

And not only that they were openly using the woman’s restroom (for quite some time) and not even smart enough to lock the doors. When one random customer came in to use the bathroom they were recorded saying ‘go piss in the street lady this is a BUSINESS meeting’ so not only were they conducting mob business in a public space (granted it was their restaurant) but even telling a civilian about the fact they’re having a ‘meeting’. Doesn’t take a genius to work out what’s going on- a bunch of hardened looking Italians inside a woman’s bathroom.....

I’m sure this wasn’t the first time either, how do they know the customer wasn’t connected to law enforcement, in that life you have to have a third eye. no wonder they got bugged in there. These guys were as stupid as the two in the Jaguar tapes. Again if we used Nicky Scarfo he would sit in silence in any car.

Edit

And even after the Feds warned Gotti and Manna and them knew the plot was leaked, they continued to discuss the hit in the same bathroom (facepalm)

Leaders in Chicago and Detroit didnt get caught in cars talking

Detroit and Chicago were typically much more low key but I’m not sure they ever under the amount of investigative scrutiny as the NYC families in the 80s, especially the commission case

Chicago was 100% under the same type of scrutiny and Detroit was up there too
8 586 Read More
5 hours ago
Good job !!
3 378 Read More
5 hours ago
Good book
2 154 Read More
General Discussion / Other
5 hours ago
[Linked Image]
28 2,099 Read More
6 hours ago
0 80 Read More
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by NYMafia
In keeping with my promise to begin highlighting lesser known but important Jewish mob figures is Solomon Richman.

Better known in the New York underworld as "Solly the Fox" he was a low-key but shrewd hoodlum closely allied to another quiet and important soldier in Joe Colombo's Family.

Working in tandem, these two men would quietly earn many millions together during careers that spanned over thirty years...and the best part of it all? They were the racketeers you never heard of!

And now...."Solly the Fox"

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2018/01/10/solomon-richman/

Love your stories @NYMafia. Would love to see future articles on John Tartamella, the Bonanno family consigliere whose death sparked the Banana Wars, Cesare Bonventre and Gabriel Infanti.
6 571 Read More
6 hours ago
He's hooked up with D. Rocco Gismondi who did some time in FL. and met Pete in prison. He has a rep as somewhat of a grifter and his interviews are terrible. Pete was around the neighborhood for many years before he joined the crew and knew Rosenberg, Senter, Testa and Borelli growing up.
7 769 Read More
7 hours ago
3,897 390,424 Read More
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Primo
[quote=CNote]Sammy just spoke about this murder in his Podcast and to hear the emotion in his voice as he describes, not only how the hit went down but all the drama leading up to it. According to Sammy there were 4 shooters and 3 getaway cars but Sammy was slow to get away and had answer some questions to NYPD who happened to be close by coincidentally. What Sammy and Wiki don't tell you about the hit is, according to eyewitnesses, after Sammy caught Fiala's attention the 2 gunmen first shot Fiala and one of them pinned him to the ground while the other shot Fiala in each eye and once in the mouth. Then Sammy walked over and urinated in his mouth.

Thank you for your reply. What episode is that? I had listened to another podcast episode of his today and then was checking his wikipedia page when I saw this. I am very surprised he did that in public or at all. The urinating on him. In the sopranos johnny sac does that also to someone but he is depicted as being stone cold drunk and i bet Sammy was sober if it was a planned hit. [/quote

Episode 8, I believe. I couldn't find any independent corroboration of whether or not Sammy actually urinated in Fiala's mouth but after Fiala pulled all his bullshit and pulled an Uzi on Sammy, I could see Sammy showing the ultimate contempt for an adversary, not only that but it's sends a message to everyone of what happens when you fuck with the Bull.
11 307 Read More
Other Mob Films/Books/TV
7 hours ago
3 227 Read More
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Ben54
Last comment to this worthless excuse of a human...

Your name, ColonelReb, explains it all. You still have a confederate flag hanging somewhere in your double-wide trailer don’t you?

Every comment you make is worthless. Just constant kvetching. Go back to eating your Gefilte Fish while jerking off to a Meyer Lansky GIF.
51 2,481 Read More
7 hours ago
Both rats, but Franzese has always been a yuppie very different from a blue collar guy like Gravano.
52 2,753 Read More
8 hours ago
In Canada, Hells from Quebec are known as money makers and killers.
Hells from BC are known as money makers.

Dont know the reputation of other chapters in Canada
83 14,781 Read More
8 hours ago
Thanks my man in Canada the Dutch rule LOL!!

728 142,328 Read More
Movies & Television
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Definitely looks a lot different from the first 2 (which were both equally great).

75 17,091 Read More
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Sorry to hear that Meyer. I had one of those yesterday. Just a long, drawn out today but today was a lot better. So cheer up, because tomorrow's a fresh start!

Thank you my friend !
May every day of your life be full of happinesse and joy ! smile

Thanks Meyer. Same to you my friend!
3,419 340,909 Read More
Movies & Television
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
SOLOMON AND SHEBA

Stumbled upon this (don't remember how) and wanted to give it a shot to see another biblical story. It was good, a little slow pacing, ran a little long at 2 hours and 21 mins. However, Yul Brynner was the star of the show as Solomon. Between his performance in this and THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, I've really enjoyed his work. He has such a towering, and confident disposition that is easy to be captivated by. Gina Lollobrigida who played Sheba I wasn't as enamored with. She was fine but I wasn't mesmerized by her beauty or her performance (I would have went with Marisa Pavan who played Abishag). 5/10
1,952 305,029 Read More
Food & Drink
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Gonna try Church's chicken sandwich this weekend and see how it stacks up against Chick-Fil-A and Popeye's. For my money, I prefer Chick-Fil-A over Popeye's and I heard Church's isn't better than either so my expectations aren't very high going in to it. But, only one way to find out.

Update on this, as suspected, the Church's chicken sandwich was uneventful. Not bad, but is #3 on my list behind Popeye's (#2) and Chick-Fil-A (#1).

CFA seams to be the better these days.....

My local KFC has gone down hill....really sucks and will not be returning.

Also, something has gone terribly wrong with White Castle, they have been rebuilding all their locations and when they reopen the food is very different, this happen on two occasions in two different locations.

These kids of fast food were good when I was younger but now they suck.

Maybe its just me.

CFA is awesome but a local spot by me actually beats them. It's a mom-and-pop which used to be a food truck but they've since opened a place of their own. I had the KFC chicken sandwiches but I need to try them again because I did it after a few drinks and don't remember if I liked them or not (or if they're worth picking up) lol So I've gotta revisit them. I also tried McDonald's new chicken sandwiches and they were GARBAGE! Easily the last 2 spots on my list after Church's, Popeye's, and CFA. The regular was my least favorite as the chicken was rubbery, and I don't think they even put any condiments on it (or if they did, it was so little that it hardly had any on it at all). The spicy was a little better but the only thing that makes it spicy is the sauce, not the chicken. I was hoping the chicken itself would have added spices to it but nope, just the sauce. Total rip off and disappointment. Don't waste your time or money!

Please don't tell me that about White Castle. I always try to make a stop when I'm back home and I don't get to go as often as I'd like as the closest one to me is about 45-60 minutes away one way. How is the food different?
219 54,754 Read More
BB Word Games
Yesterday at 10:40 PM
and eat chicken
2,474 250,703 Read More
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
NPA: Yakuza membership down for 16th straight year
BY TOKYO REPORTER STAFF ON APRIL 12, 2021
TOKYO (TR) – Membership in Japanese criminal syndicates dropped for the 16th straight year in 2020, the National Police Agency said last week.

On April 8, the NPA said membership in such syndicates totaled 25,900 at the end of last year, a figure that is down by 2,300 over the year before.

In breaking down the total, there were 13,300 full-time members, a decrease of 1,100 over the year before. The number of associate members dropped by 1,100 to 12,700.

By gang, the Yamaguchi-gumi remained the largest with 8,200 members after losing 700 over the year before. Ranking second and third were the Sumiyoshi-kai (4,200) the Inagawa-kai (3,300).

The NPA has said in the past that the steady decline in membership is due to the enactment of anti-gang legislation and crackdowns on gangs’ money-making activities.

“State of conflict”
The NPA also said that there were nine violent incidents between the Yamaguchi-gumi and its chief rival, the Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi.

In January of last year, the public safety commissions of six prefectures, including Aichi and Hyogo, designated the pair as being “in a state of conflict.” In 10 prefectures, the actives of the gangs are heavily restricted.

“We will prevent the continuation of the incidents to ensure the safety of citizens,” an NPA official said.

Coronavirus hardships
Tokyo Metropolitan Police have revealed that bars and restaurants in the capital are now more reluctant to pay what is known as mikajimeryo (or “protection money”) due to hardships brought about by the coronavirus pandemic.

An investigative source tells the Sankei Shimbun (April 8) that at least 20 such establishments have stopped payouts to gangs altogether. They cited “a drop in sales due to pandemic” as the reason for not paying the gangsters.

“We would like [the establishments] to consult with us about taking this opportunity to sever ties with gangsters,” a representative of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police said.
2 285 Read More
Yesterday at 09:24 PM
96 12,429 Read More
Yesterday at 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by merlino
NYMafia, you ever hear of the biggest bookie in Philly and he was not part of the Philly family, his name was Joe Mastronardo, he lived out on the main line in one of the richest areas of Philly and the US and made millions from sports books and recently died in federal prison right about the time that PA legalized sports gambling. Crazy story he was related to the former mayor of philly frank rizzo by marriage. The question I have for you, if you might know is why the Philly Family never got their hooks into him? Absolute great life he led and business he ran and I think he got 2-3 year sentence and was looking at basically a life sentence

Yep, I sure have heard of Joe Mastronardo. He was a top bookmaker. High class, not a cafone. If you didn't pay him, he didn't crack your head. He just cut you off from betting and hung you out to dry. Class guy.

I think the reason why they never broke his balls is because most of these mob guys may be dumb as shit, but they're not stupid. Mastronardo was related to Mayor Frank Rizzo who was a tough guy in his own right. If they ever dared go after Mastronardo, Rizzo would have shut every mob guy in the city down. Rizzo had the entire Philly PD backing his play.

Live and let live is the attitude I think they adopted with Joe M. He made millions of dollars in his career and was a 'professional gambler' of sorts, not a corner bookie type guy. Very smart man
3 316 Read More
Yesterday at 06:41 PM
I think Roy DeMeo's childhood home is at 4019 Ave P. Brooklyn, N.Y. 11234 if anyone is interested
48 4,078 Read More
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by mike68
https://gangsterreport.com/mob-murd...r-the-great-canadian-mafia-war-hit-list/

Gangster report attempts to list all of the Montreal/Toronto hits since 2005. Considering that he missed a few most likely, this list is still staggering. Couldn't/wouldn't happen in the U.S. anymore.

-----
Great list. It's like the Wild West up there. Like 1920s Chicago

There were more murders Rizzuto associate Freddy Patriarca (42) January 20, 2016 in Etobicoke.
251 58,271 Read More
Movies & Television
Yesterday at 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by klydon1
The Birds was the first Hitchcock movie I ever saw.

[Linked Image]
22 1,342 Read More
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9