Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by MightyDR
Originally Posted by pmac
I wonder why gotti decided to hold court in Manhattan.? Was it because his rival did? Carlo was content in Brooklyn. Wonder where tony ducks headquarters was in the 70tys. Was he up in east harlem

According to Selwyn Raab who interviewed the guys who surveilled Tony Ducks, he didn't have a HQ. He would meet with his top guys in parking lots or restaurants chosen at the last minute.

Tony lived out on LI for decades so he wasn't exposed to many social clubs except when he went to Harlem or the Bronx. He didn't run one himself. Chin was born, raised, hung out, and had his Triangle Social Club within several hundred feet apart on Sullivan Street his entire lifetime. The furtherest he ever went was uptown to his comare's townhouse, and out to Tappan, NJ where he had his wife and kids. That WAS his life. Pretty stupid if you ask me. He seemed like the shrewdest guy ever born until he got pinched and thrown in jail to die. Plus he did the 7 years with Vito in 1959.

So WTF did he really accomplish in his whole life? I'll answer my own question if you guys don't mind ok. ZERO!!

He lived like stumble bum. Dressed like a hobo, and never went anywhere. Never saw shit; Europe, Bahamas, Caribbean, or even Italy to see where his ancestors came from.

Never went to top nightclubs or fancy restaurants, no vacations, never spent 4 cents on clothes, jewelry, or a good time. He was a multi-multi millionaire but never enjoyed his money.

He spent his days, every day, in a ramshackle tin-roofed, 120 year old rat-infested social club with an expresso machine, a few wooden card tables and hard wooden chairs, and a little TV.

He lived like a mutt, just so he could say he was the "boss"!

He rode in trunks of cars to avoids surveillance. He dressed in a smelly old bathrobe and slippers every day. He pissed in the street daily and mumbled incoherently just so FBI investigators would maybe think he was nuts.

He didn't spend much time with his kids and family. He lived solo a lot with his elderly mother Yolanda in a little smelly, rathole of an apartment up on Sullivan Street.

All for what?...... in the end he still died in the can.

Not everyone lives for material things. Not everyone needs things to be happy. It's obvious that you do, but the majority of the people who lasted in that life and made it far did not care about owning the biggest house or having the fanciest cars. During his reign, The Chin had more power than anybody. It's also not true that he never enjoyed the fruits of his labor. He just didn't do it openly.